(Close Window)
Topic: Samson X308i
Just spent $1000 on a new sound setup. New wireless headset, wireless handheld, cables, speaker stands, and the Samson 308i. It's a very cool unit. The mixer fits right in the back of one of the speakers, the wire and cables fit in the back of the other, and then the speaker actually lock together to form one unit for transport. Oh, and it has a built in iPod dock.

The whole setup has added at least 2 additional trips to my car and some additional setup time compared to my old PA, but I used it for the first time today for a library show and it was awesome.

I'm not an audiophile by any means, so I can't talk tech, but I'm excited to have the new gear and was very pleased with the whole experience today.

FYI: The headset mic I got was an Electrovoice EV Headworn Wireless Mic System in Case R300-E-A. And the handheld was some $80 Samson (I just needed a cheapy). And was very pleased with it as well.

My goal was to leave the store for less than $1000 and after throwing in stands for the speakers I was at $1019. I think it was a very good investment and will raise the level of my show significantly. Just thought I'd share. Toodles.

Grace and peace
-Jeff
Hey. Just an update. I put the PA system through 12 shows in a 3 week period and was very very pleased. Everything sounded great, the iPod dock was very useful. I also figured out how to make it just one extra trip to the car. Pretty awesome.