(Close Window)
Topic: Opaque silks
Any idea where I might find 12" and 18" opaque silks. Color doesn't really matter that much but I would prefer red.
I can get them in and make them up. But they will not be cheap. I would check things like the mens warehouse for pocket squares.

Basically an 18" heavy opaque silk, will run somewhere between $35 and $45 each. Silk import prices have went through the roof.

Richard
I bought some wonderful men's pocket silk hankies form the [b]Burlington Coat Factory[/b], a retail clothing store, for $3.00 each. Of course this was prior to this financial crisis the country is experiencing currently.
J C Penney always has a good selection of men's pocket squares at a reasonable cost.

Mark
Abbott's has always had a good wieght and they are opaque - un Mr. Huges - the price will not set you back. Give Greg at Abbotts a call!
Just to add - I am NOT slamming Mr. Huges - his stuff is top notch - Abbotts is excellant if you are on a budget!
And if your budget is really tight - GOTO Goodwill - you will find tons of pocket squares for a .50 to 1.00 - it is worth a trip to your local resale shop!
Greg is a friend and I am not slamming Abbott's either. Unless things have recently changed, they were primarily making silks using 8 momme. That is what I use, as well as 6 momme.

I understand the gentleman to want something heavier which is why I said what I did. If Abbott's or mine or anybody else's 8 momme silks do the job for you, go for it. I answered what was asked.

Richard

BTW, Goodwill or Salvation Army is good choice if color is not important. You might get lucky.