(Close Window)
Topic: @Colin McLeod : your PM-inbox is full!
Tried to send you a message, but your inbox is full.

DutchFrank
[quote]
On 2011-07-31 09:54, DutchFrank wrote:
Tried to send you a message, but your inbox is full.

DutchFrank
[/quote]

He has already said that he is taking a break from the Café due to other commitnents
Ah, didn't know that.
Thank you!

DutchFrank
If you want to file a complaint. Against his book, please contact him directly. I am receiving too many messages from folks letting me know that they think they were defrauded in the product based on how it was sold and marketed. Thanks!
Wow, Colin's been trolling :o
No, that was not why I wanted to reach him.
Insight-

Why would people be contacting you if they had a complaint?
I don't wish to start an argument or start this thread down the slippery slope that so many others go down,
But I'd love to know what is this whole Insight vs TWU all about

Steve
[quote]
On 2011-07-31 15:44, insight wrote:
If you want to file a complaint. Against his book, please contact him directly. I am receiving too many messages from folks letting me know that they think they were defrauded in the product based on how it was sold and marketed. Thanks!
[/quote]

Why would you automatically think he wants to contact him to file a complaint? And defrauded? Colin didn't defraud anyone in any sense of the word. You should really choose your language a little more carefully. Fraud is a very strong accusation to make against anyone.
Complaints about a product, a very questionable appearance on an exposure TV show and a mysterious disappearing act.

Who are they going to get to play Colin in the movie version?

Oh what a tangled web we weave...!
[quote]
On 2011-07-31 17:05, steveline wrote:
I don't wish to start an argument or start this thread down the slippery slope that so many others go down,
But I'd love to know what is this whole Insight vs TWU all about

Steve
[/quote]

d also like to know. In another thread he said he'd been called by a few who were disappointed and felt misled. Does he distribute the book?
I sometimes don't know when youre taking the p*ss Shrub ..lol ...but it was Loki on the exposure show not Colin ( but if that was a joke ,my apologies )
Mark
[quote]
On 2011-07-31 18:08, markthorold wrote:
I sometimes don't know when youre taking the p*ss Shrub ..lol ...but it was Loki on the exposure show not Colin ( but if that was a joke ,my apologies )
Mark
[/quote]

I think he referred to Colin, who was on last week...
More of a summation so far, but I have a feeling we are only on chapter one!
Thomas-

Since you have decided to pretend to be an attorney, you might want to research libel laws as well as the Café rules that expressly prohibit what you have done in your last post.

[quote]Because the Internet allows folks to post comments (whether true or not) in just a few seconds for possibly thousands to read within a very short time, making negative statements or accusations concerning the character or business practices of an individual or company / dealer will not be tolerated. While you may personally know that John Doe stole an idea, trick, or effect and is a thief, posting such information on The Magic Café will get your post deleted asap, and with no notice or explanation given. This also includes any disputes you may have with an individual, company or dealer in regards to any transactions you have made with them.

As far as we are concerned, such postings are no more then gossip or libel and fall into the lawsuit category.

see: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=17&forum=39&0
[/quote]
[quote]
On 2011-07-31 19:00, mastermindreader wrote:
Thomas-

Since you have decided to pretend to be an attorney, you might want to research libel laws as well as the Café rules that expressly prohibit what you have done in your last post.

[quote]Because the Internet allows folks to post comments (whether true or not) in just a few seconds for possibly thousands to read within a very short time, making negative statements or accusations concerning the character or business practices of an individual or company / dealer will not be tolerated. While you may personally know that John Doe stole an idea, trick, or effect and is a thief, posting such information on The Magic Café will get your post deleted asap, and with no notice or explanation given. This also includes any disputes you may have with an individual, company or dealer in regards to any transactions you have made with them.

As far as we are concerned, such postings are no more then gossip or libel and fall into the lawsuit category.

see: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=17&forum=39&0
[/quote]
[/quote]

Ohh *** it.

So basically, what they are saying is "NO NEGATIVE TALK!"

Seriously, read that post again. Under those rules I cannot even tell Bob that I thought he drank a bit too much at the bar tonight (if I happened to have met him) as that could be interpreted as liable: FALSELY.

Tom
xx

P.S
No offence Bob, I am sure you drink responsibly. It was only an example :)
I can not comment about Colin, as I do not own any of his works!

But, for Thomas...I have to respect him! I always do not agree with what he says,and poke fun at him sometimes!
He does back up what he says,with information on his reasons of why !

So Thomas,as sung by AC/DC ..."For Those about to Rock,We Salute You!" :)

I would have added those clapping hands,but did not know how to ! lol

-G
Ah jesus lads some amount of nonsense being typed here. Each to their own but I'd rather spend time working on my own performances and having the craic than getting all firey over magic shows on TV.

In relation to the product shur jesus my nana (she's dead) would have known a gimmick was involved from reading the thread.I've bought the book,read the book, used the method described in the book within my own unique presentation and had the audience laughing and gasping. Went down a storm.

Each to their own, everyone has a right to their opinion but sooooo many pages written about it, I say it's possibly time to let things go.

Sound out lads!
[quote]
On 2011-07-31 19:21, quicknotist wrote:
And only a few days ago you wondered why some of us were driven to bad language.

[/quote]

No, actually I fully understood your frustration. I never disagreed with what you said, I pointed out that this isn't the place for language of that sort and I didn't want to see you get banned for it. As for your sentiment, I couldn't have agreed more ;)
[quote]
On 2011-07-31 19:30, seangiles wrote:
[quote]
And only a few days ago you wondered why some of us were driven to bad language.

[/quote]

No, actually I fully understood your frustration. I never disagreed with what you said, I pointed out that this isn't the place for language of that sort and I didn't want to see you get banned for it. As for your sentiment, I couldn't have agreed more ;)
[/quote]

Can you please explain why exactly you are disgusted?

This question may sound sarcastic perhaps, or argumentative, but I promise you it is sincere.
[quote]
On 2011-07-31 19:16, Pete Legend wrote:

Each to their own, everyone has a right to their opinion but sooooo many pages written about it, I say it's possibly time to let things go.

Sound out lads!
[/quote]
I fully agree.

If only it were ever that simple on the café.

Chris
Hmm, all I wanted was contact colin, to share something with him.... look where my thread has gone.....
[quote]
On 2011-08-01 01:29, DutchFrank wrote:
Hmm, all I wanted was contact colin, to share something with him.... look where my thread has gone.....
[/quote]

Look where most of the thread go. I still believe the magic Café is the best magic forum - but if it carries on like this it's going to go down hill rapidly. It's even worse at "the little darlings"!

Mark
[quote]
On 2011-07-31 19:35, Thomas Cooper wrote:
[quote]
On 2011-07-31 19:30, seangiles wrote:
[quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Can you please explain why exactly you are disgusted?

This question may sound sarcastic perhaps, or argumentative, but I promise you it is sincere.
[/quote]

You accused him of theft Thomas. That's an awful thing to say. Why? because a few people were unhappy with their purchase? What about the 95% that were happy. There are always some who are not happy with what they get and that goes for any kind of purchase in any walk of life. Colin was very open about the fact that a gimmick was used. That is not theft of any kind. Do you even own the effect? Do you understand what it means to accuse someone of being a thief? To accuse someone of breaking the law? That's a serious accusation to make.

And for the life of me I can't understand why anyone would preorder a book for £200 or however much it costs based on an advert. Time and time again it happens. Wait for the reviews at least before you part with your cash.
It is strange that neither Colin or I have any negative messages. Only two people seem to be a bit disappointed. One said he will actually use a routine from the book, the other said he was looking for something more specific.

Also strange that people would message another member of the café to air their "negative views" that has nothing to do with the book???

Is it me?

Am I not getting something here?

http://davidcoethica.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/columbo.gif?w=198&h=275
No, it´s not just you. Sometimes these conversations are a "little" bit weird...

PP
Is it possible to report a whole thread to the MODs?

Frank asked an innocent question.
After the first reply, the rest of the thread is completely off topic and just mud slinging and bickering

I can see no reason for this thread to continue to exist

Steve
Weird ? Caveman ? say no more ...respect Mr Brook,youre the man ;)
Mark
I really don't expect anyone else to understand that .
[quote]
On 2011-08-01 05:08, markthorold wrote:
Weird ? Caveman ? say no more ...respect Mr Brook,youre the man ;)
Mark
I really don't expect anyone else to understand that .
[/quote]

I have NO IDEA what you are talking about

*COUGH* http://www.paulbrook.co.uk/PaulBrook_Caveman_Capers.jpg *COUGH*
You should see someone about that.

The cough, not the outfit...........on the other hand.

steve
Colin should be in jail, his dodgy hair-do and big kipper ties are criminal.
Colin is taking a much needed break from the Café. His left hand is stuck in a permanently cupped position which makes typing both time consuming and tiring.
Really ? He told me his special hand was his right one ........ ;)