(Close Window)
Topic: Favourite Jumbo Card routine?
Hi my fellow magical friends.

Just would like to find out what's your favourite Jumbo card routine you would perform on stage or in a parlour setting?

Looking for some ideas or ticks.

Care to share? :question:
Jimmy,
One of my favorite Jumbo Tricks is McComb-ical Prediction. It is a very strong, funny, and entertaining routine that I use a lot.

JoeBOb
Jumbo Twisted Sister is pretty neat.
In the past I've used Sidewalk Shuffle, Becker's Bear Minimum and one of my own called Girl Trouble.

Paul Hallas
Juan Tamariz did a nice Jumbo 3card monte effect at Blackpool and I think it was called "Its a pity" and was written up in Pabular.
One of my favorites is Joe Riding's The only three card trick in the world - using four cards. It was the basis for Martin Lewis' Sidewalk Shuffle which is another outstanding Jumbo card effect.

-Marty
Cool man.
A summary...

a) McComb-ical Prediction
b) Jumbo Twisted Sister
c) Sidewalk Shuffle,
d) Becker's Bear Minimum
e) Girl Trouble.
f) "Its a pity"
g) THE ONLY 3 CARD TRICK IN THE WORLD

Any more...... :question:
Don't forget b'wave.
[quote]
On 2002-04-28 17:47, Jimmy Lee wrote:
Cool man.
A summary...

a) McComb-ical Prediction
b) Jumbo Twisted Sister
c) Sidewalk Shuffle,
d) Becker's Bear Minimum
e) Girl Trouble.
f) "Its a pity"
g) THE ONLY 3 CARD TRICK IN THE WORLD

Any more...... :question:
[/quote]

O.K B'wave is in the list! :bikes:
My personal favorite is the McCombical Prediction. The "10 Card Poker Deal" is another routine that can be done with jumbo cards. In the right situation it is stunning.
See the May issue of Visions for my routine with Jumbo cards for the 10-card poker deal.
[url]www.online-visions.com[/url]
McCombical Prediction
Large B'Wave
Lucky Lady
Gaeton Bloom's T.R.O.W.
I'm partial to "The WHOLE Card Trick" by Emerson & West. The patter is hilarious!

BTW, anybody know the name of the jumbo card effect that Mike Caveney frequently performs as an MC bit? I believe it's the only one he does. I've seen it several times and it's astounding.
Greg, what's Gaeton's T.R.O.W?

Paul.
Paul,

I think that Greg may be referring to Gaetan Bloom's 'S.T.O.W.R.C.T.' (The Signed, Torn, Oil, Water, Restored, Card Trick) which was published "Gaetan Bloom 86". (1986/36pp)

The effect is described as follows:

"Two cards (a red and a black one for contrast) are signed by both you and a spectator. One of the cards is selected and becomes the 'Magic Card'. Both cards are then torn openly into several pieces. You haphazardly take some of the pieces in each hand. Showing the right hand, you point out that it contains a mixture of both black and red pieces. Now, without any suspicious moves whatsoever, you slowly close this hand, magically gesture, and open the hand flat on the table. In view are only the pieces of the 'non-Magic Card'. (This is the
'Oil & Water' sequence of the effect.) Then, you slowly open the left hand, blow on the pieces in this hand, and then slowly open the signed 'Magic Card' fully restored. It is then given to the spectator as a souveneir."

The effect is taught in the manuscript using regular size playing cards.

As a final note, Gaetan Bloom writes:

"I've used this routine in my cabaret act using jumbo cards. It works beautifully. Try it, it's very effective."
Thanks, now you mention it I think I vaguely recall it.

Paul.
John got it right. I forgot all the letters. I've done it many times and always in jumbo. It's a killer trick especially for magicians because of all the signatures on the cards. I'm very glad most have never seen the manuscript and even less know about it. It's a great effect.
Greg