(Close Window)
Topic: Z Wood Magic - Kent Bergmann
Hello
I have tried multiple times to contact Kent Bergmann from ZWood Magic to place an order. Never had a response from his website. Does anyone have an email address, so I can try that. THANKS
He has a email request form on his site here:
http://www.zwoodmagic.com/contact.htm

Just fill in the form and wait.
Thanks, but I've sent 4 messages over the past 5 weeks.
Thanks, I did get response with all the info. His creations look really great for those interested in small quality wood effects.
I own 6 of his pieces. In my humble opinion, his work is not as well-known as it should be considering the quality and workman ship. And, the effects are well-thought out with interesting premises. A great alternative to Alan Warner's wonderful work.
I filled in the form over a year ago.
I'm still waiting.
Anyone had re-Vamped from Bergmann? I'd love to know what you think... what are his best effects?
This is my favourite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n5u90z8vHo
Right on magic patagonia. "What the Hole!" is an absolute killer of an effect.
Anyone know if Ken is still offering his magic? It seems that zwoodmagic site is gone.
Look under Bergmann magic

http://bergmannmagic.com/

Charlie
Thanks , found what I wanted.
Don't you hate it when people don't remove their old websites they don't monitor any longer. I find it hard to believe he does not know that it is still up.
Not being very skilled with publishing websites, sometimes once a site is created it's a real hassle and pain to get the old one to disappear. I'm having trouble with that right now.
His "Revamped" looks incredible. Then, there is that money thing. Darn, why do I have to be sending a kid to college?
I'm on the same page about Re-Vamped. I have 3-4 other Bergmann effects and all are well done. I would like to know if anyone has one of these and what they think of it compared to other Mummy effects out there like Warner, etc. Thanks Charlie
[quote]
On 2012-10-31 18:18, MagiChrisMitch wrote:
Not being very skilled with publishing websites, sometimes once a site is created it's a real hassle and pain to get the old one to disappear. I'm having trouble with that right now.
[/quote]

use the dns system and map the old url to the new site.
Thanks Bill (dns ??)

Seeing Revamped almost steered me from what I intended on ordering - What a Hole.

His offerings seem very well made.

CHRIS
What the Hole is awesome...one of my faves. All of Kent's effects are solid investments.
I think he had a rough start early on for being considered a Warner-wanna be. Maybe his earlier effects were more similar to Warner, but he has come a long way and has developed a style all his own. I'm lucky to have at least 8 of his effects and would love more...when money becomes magically available. I hope his reputation continues to spread, as the quality of his work is definitely in line with his peers.
I have Warner's original mummy and its a great collector piece and fun to use. Danis of France makes his own version that's really nice and this new one from Ken looks fantastic. For me, I prefer these later takes because they have an outer box that holds everything. It also makes for a little mystery as to what's inside before performance. Also, I like the appearance of the mummies/vamps figures more so than the pictured tablets Warner uses. Warner's woodworking and fit & finish is top notch, so that's the bar I will be comparing tooooo wwwith this first of many effects I plan on obtaining from Ken.
Danis keeps getting better with every release. His work is really turned into something special.
Keep us posted regarding your feedback on Kent's work. I hope you're as satisfied as I am.
Anybody knows something about Kent Bergmann???....his site is down and he is not answering emails.
Roberto as you know I have tried to contact him as well as I wanted to give him an order right before Christmas. He just sort of dropped off the radar screen. I really liked his effects similar to Warner or Magic Wagon but his own style. I did see where Howard Baltus of the Trickery also mysteriously has closed his doors when you go to his website. I just think he got tired of fighting the other Web Magic Shops. Sad to see these guy's go to the wayside. Howard was one of the first (that I know) to work with Magic Wagon and recognize their workmanship and ability. HE came out with some first rate effects with them.

Anyway if anyone knows what teh story is on both of these fine folks I'm sure there are many of who would like to know.
Howard Baltus owner of the trickery had Cancer a while back. When I placed an order a year or two ago, I dealt with his wife and she said he was getting treatments. I can't remember if he passed away or not, but they did mention the store was closing. I believe it was posted on the Café by a member as well.

I did do some searching, and if anyone want to follow up, Kent Bergmann magic is listed with on Alan Warner's site. Maybe you could inquire with Warner. They may have "partnered" their sites, don't know only guessing.

http://www.alanwarnermagic.com/nd/Kent-Bergmanns-Collection__coll_kent_bergmann.htm

It is not hard to figure out, if there is no sales, then a business cannot exist, and in this tight market where everyone wants quality, but not willing to pay for it may be the reason companies disappear.

Magic props have never been offered indefinitely, and to think that magic props would be around until people are ready to make a purchase has never been the case.

All magic is offered on a buy it now or miss out type scenario. Many a time, when I was at a magic convention and someone from Europe was there selling special items, it was now or never. I had to do some financial juggling, but I knew if I did not purchase it then and there, I would not be able to ever have this opportunity again. I still wish I had purchased those hollow wooden white billiard balls from japan and the heavy chrome fire thimbles. Never seen them again in 30 years. Dang!!
From what I've heard, Howard is alive and well, and has decided to pursue other business interests. He was one of the first successful online magic dealers, and quite innovative when magic was just discovering the internet. Even as his company grew, he continued to hone his business model and concentrate on offering his clients quality-made magic and personal service (call the company's number, and he would either answer, or quickly call you back). His partnership with Bob Solari and their joint Definitive Magic, produced some now highly collectible effects, which were developed and produced for the discerning practitioner and collector.

And yes ChasVH, he, along with Andy Martin - a long time magic collector and online innovator - had touted Magic Wagon's greatness way before the rest of us knew they even existed.

The mystery of Mr. Bergmann is still up in the air. I love his magic - collect it - and had my eyes on many of the pieces on his site. I really hope he returns...
Yeah, it's frustrating. Clarence Miller is another fantastic magic maker. His Little Box is a work of ART!

http://www.internationalmagicauction.com/uplimg/img_66355_649211c905a66c9faba52a4ecf76e9ce.jpg

Also his Lippencott Box has a lockable feature I have never seen anywhere else. Sadly, he is too old to continue, and it makes the value of his work SKYROCKET!

Doug
Clarence rocks.
[quote]
On 2013-01-30 17:53, Bill Hegbli wrote:
I did do some searching, and if anyone want to follow up, Kent Bergmann magic is listed with on Alan Warner's site. Maybe you could inquire with Warner. They may have "partnered" their sites, don't know only guessing.
[/quote]

I know for sure that Kent Bergmann and Alan Warner have no connection whatsoever. Kent even sold his entire Warner collection a few years ago. Alan Warner didn't appreciated some similarities between Kent zebra wood line of magic, and his own mini-magic range. Unfortunatly, this is only the tip of the iceberg...
[quote]
On 2013-02-11 22:08, simcoscor wrote:
...Unfortunatly, this is only the tip of the iceberg...
[/quote]

Thank you, Simcoscor! Hmmm...This may be a clue...

Doug
Any one has news on what happened to Kent Bergmann?
Wondering the same thing myself. I actually had my eye on a couple of pieces on his latest site...then, gone! Just like magic...but not the good kind.
Very strange... I had just purchased an effect and literally 3 weeks later gone.. and no one knows anything. I find that amazing. I really liked many of his effects. I was about to buy one more (his take on the wondering mummy)effect and poof... cant find his effects, him, or anyone who knows anything about what happened.

Charlie
I've also been aware of his website being down for a while. I received my "What a Hole" and one of his T-Shirts in December, but when it came time to make my next order..GONE. Since I kept his contact information, last week I sent him a quick note on good old paper using ink with a real envelope & stamp. If I get a response I will send a private pm to those with what's up. I do hope all is well with him, and wish he knows how much people appreciate his talents.

CHRIS
I also wanted his version of the wondering mummy, which looked stunning.
ChasVH, did you ever receive the effect you purchased?
[quote]
On 2013-04-29 20:05, MagiChrisMitch wrote:
I've also been aware of his website being down for a while. I received my "What a Hole" and one of his T-Shirts in December, but when it came time to make my next order..GONE. Since I kept his contact information, last week I sent him a quick note on good old paper using ink with a real envelope & stamp. If I get a response I will send a private pm to those with what's up. I do hope all is well with him, and wish he knows how much people appreciate his talents.

CHRIS
[/quote]

I'd love to know, as well, if you would be so kind. Good magic craftsmen are rare (and precious)!

Alan
Wizard...I did get my last effect, but when I was ready to purchase the mummy effect he was gone? Vanished... and as you can see no one knows anything about what has happened. You would think someone in this community would know what happened or at least an explanation but literally like a trick in itself he has disappeared without a trace.

Charlie
I've been wanting some of his items too.
So anyone knows what happened to Kent and his business?
I never received a reply to the two letters that were mailed to him in April. Unfortunately no email, call or written response to me - so I'm clueless. George, I even searched the newspaper death notices in his area and NOTHING. Hope he knows many of us here admire his magic and wish we could do more business with him.

CHRIS
It is so strange that he has just disappeared. I had ordered and received an effect and then the next one I wanted was his version of the mummy effect and nothing. Like one week he's there doing business and the next no one and I mean no one knows anything. Very strange. Even after all this time still nothing.

Charlie
Mister Bergmann allowed me to say due to family circumstances he left his Zebra wood line of magic. However he's back ... he is the man behind 3D Magic Works, 3D printed magic tricks: https://www.3dmagicworks.com/ . He released What The Hole not that long ago, and it now has a locking mechanism! The huge advantage of 3D printed props is, in the hand of someone like Mr. Mergmann, they are excellent quality and look great. Also, the price is VERY reasonable due to the less intensive fabrication process. Another advantage of 3D printing and the materials used is that he is able to make the mechanisms and tricks smaller - more 'micro magic'-like. The new and improved What The Hole for example is only about half of the size of the original one, so it fits into your pocket ;)
Some fantastic tricks are coming out in the future and I advise everyone to take a look at his website once in a while. The reviews I've read from people who bought effects are great. I ordered a What The Hole and it now is on its way to me. He makes the items on demand, so like with Alan Warner you'll have to wait some time, but not that long :)
WOW! Thanks for the update David!
You're welcome Simon :)

I just received What The Hole and it's everything I hoped it to be: easy to do, a good locking mechanism (I couldn't find out how it worked without reading the instructions!), very well build (feels like wood) so it will last a lifetime. And it's so small, it really DOES fit into my pocket :) And let's be honest, it's very affordable compared to other collectible magic! Aahhh ... reminds me of the good old Tenyo days ;)
Glad I found this out as I have a number of his Wood effects. I guess now I will have to buy his 3D printed effects.. Thanks for the update guy's

Charlie
Just came across this thread. I have one of his original wooden pieces called the "match box" (#33) See here http://www.martinsmagic.com/allmagic/close-up/the-match-box-by-kent-bergmann/
It is complete and never used. If anyone is a collector and interested in this, please pm me as I really cannot use it in my present act and it is a really beautiful piece of magic. Martin's approximate price is $168. I am open to offers if anyone is interested in this very collectable and beautiful effect. I could send photos to anyone really interested.
Just came across this post from Madison and definitely thought it deserved a spot here as well.
Think I'll also put it into the Tenyo thread.
Nice job and thanks for the videos Madison.
[quote]On Dec 28, 2016, MadisonH wrote:
Hi guys!

I didn't see a thread devoted to this yet, although I definitely think it deserves one!

There's a new company called "3DMagicWorks" which 3D prints magic tricks and they are of incredible quality! They have quite a lot of effects available already, and I believe some new ones are coming in the near future. They remind me of Tenyo. Miniature illusions which you could sit on your desk and perform when someone says, "what's this thing?" This is a very new genre of magic which really interests me.

I received 2 of these for Christmas from my wish list and I made a video with my own presentation of each of these.

The first one is called "What the Hole." It's an impossible penetration which is genuinely one of the neatest gadgets I have seen.

https://youtu.be/euLw55nTiUs

The other is "Cube 5150." It's another fun product with 3 cubes constantly changing.

https://youtu.be/biweIP57-mA

Definitely check these out if you get a chance at 3DMagicWorks.com

Madison [/quote]
I just acquired this beautiful Kent Bergmann zebra wood piece.
Unfortunately, it didn’t have any instructions.

Are there any z-wood collectors out there that have this piece and would be willing to share a copy of the instructions?
Send a pm if you do.

I have figured out the basic workings of this piece but would love to see Kent Bergmann’s routine.

Thanks,
Kirk