(Close Window)
Topic: Rank the songs "Heartbreaker"...
1. Pat Benetar
2. Led Zeppelin
3. Rolling Stones

For me, it's a slight edge to Benetar's over the Stones's. Zep's in clear 3rd.
Call me a hypocrite for all my pontificating about the art of the music, because I have to go with Pat Benatar simply because of her tight leather pants. I have a story that cannot be told here involving those pants.
Great vocals, great dynamics, nice riff from Neil Geraldo, and a great build-up coming out of the instrumental... I'd call you a hypocrite if you put her atop your list of the 3 bands, but for one song, I think she earns it pants or no pants.
Here's a version where she doesn't wear any pants:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x21s0r_pat-benatar-heartbreaker-1979_music

Back with my critic's hat on: the Zeppelin song (which is GREAT) doesn't really reach far enough out of straight blues. It's something like "Hard and heavy electric blues", but it's still (to my ears) just blues. It doesn't "rock".

The Stones always rock, of course. (There might even be something definitive about what they do to music that makes it "rock" rather than blues or R&B or disco or anything else.) But "Heartbreaker" never really did anything special for me, Stones wise.

But Pat has that "thing" that I've tried to define in the Beatles thread. And she has it in spades in that song. Funny, I'm having difficulty remembering her other songs. Or whether she's still around and making music. Gotta do some Googling this morning.

Lobo, I'm having my 9 AM coffee and the Café says you're online. What is it in California? Midnight?
Yeah, it was midnight. A couple of other Benetar songs where she has it are 'Promises in The Dark' and 'Hell Is for Children.'