(Close Window)
Topic: Buster Balloon's NEW DVD Set
If you haven't heard, Buster is putting out a 4 DVD Set to be released in October...only 150 sets will be produced and he's already sold about 100 of them so far. The 4 DVD Set sells for $200 shipped. I have already ordered mine and cannot wait. To get your set, visit here: https://itwist.wufoo.com/forms/the-untitled-buster-balloon-collection/

Here's a preview of just a few of the creations that he'll be teaching!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150773850590403.726304.140790395402&type=1

Get em while they last!

Christopher
Just ordered mine.
Hey Chris,

Thanks for posting this. I would have been very disappointed if I'd missed out on these! Don or I guess I should say Buster has always been one of my favorite twister instructors.

Thanks to you I've ordered my set and can't wait for Halloween to get here!
Are you guys sure this is legitimate? Because it doesn't look like it is... Don has his own website where he could post this announcement. He wouldn't have to use this generic web board above. And all of his other material is professionally produced and distributed through balloon sites like TMyers. Why would he change format now?

ONLY 150 SO HURRY UP AND SEND PAYMENT! DON'T THINK ABOUT IT!

I'm skeptical. Don are you there? Can you verify that this is legit? I've seen an awful lot of internet scams and they all look the same. Like this...
Message: Posted by: Rob the Balloon Guy (Sep 8, 2011 01:21PM)
Trust me, this is legit.
It is on his Facebook and he has posted many comments about it.

Also when you make payment it goes through buster balloon show or something along those lines. Looks legit to me.
It's legitimate...buster sent me the links personally. His main website is for the public for bookings....why would he advertise there?
Sounds fishy to me. Plus I have never really liked or trusted him very much to begin with.
Best to stay away.
Look buster balloon I don't know who you think you are talking about my hero buster balloon but you best quit
Maybe we should heed that advice from that Buster Ballon guy. loll
Just saw on Buster's Facebook page that all 150 are now gone.
150 copies at $200 a pop (no pun intended) = thirty grand in less than a month! How awesome it must be to be the one and only Buster! What an awesome talent he is!
Buster has to be thinking I wish I got all 30 grand there had to be an initial investment of a camera guy as I am guesing this aint no basement tape filming. a director/producer and not to mention having all the dvd's made and printing fee's

I just hope he did all the investments himself so he gets all the profits !!
Is it too late to order the 4 dvd set? I just heard about it just now. Wish I knew earlier.
Yes its too late - he has sold all 150 sets.
For future reference how did you guys hear about thus offer? Was it on a website somewhere? Are these called the ultimate DVD set?
On http://www.Balloonhq.com in the classified ads section.
Most of the orders came from my FaceBook fan page. As much as I loath FaceBook, it can be useful once in a while.
I didn't even hear of this 'til it was sold out. Time to scour ebay for a seller I guess.
While it is "technically" sold out, there are about a dozen copies that are still pending payment. E-mail me privately if you would like to be on the waiting list because the e-bay copies will not have special the bonus materials.
If there are copies that are still remaining, I would JUMP ON THIS ASAP everyone. One of the "bonus" things (that I know of) is a free hour skype session with Buster. That won't be available on eBay...

Christopher
It coulden open the site ;o(
I think it is no longer availiable!
Correct! It's no longer available...
Buster's material (IMO) is hands down, some of THE most creative, and awe-inspiring work in the balloon twisting world.

All of his material in print and on DVDs are worth having in your library and repertoire.

Bosco
Here's a sampling of some of his "free" stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/user/BusterBalloon
Where's a good place to get Don's printed material/dvds?
Diamond storm and tmyers both carry Don's DVDS.
This set is shipping today I can't wait to get mine happy happy joy joy lol
It is supposed to be shipping today but I haven't received an email from Buster saying it is. I do look forward to receiving it.
The sets have shipped and I JUST GOT MINE IN THE MAIL! All I can say is WOW! I won't spoil the surprise for those who ordered it but I had one word to describe the product...it would be "ELEGANT!"

Buster...you did a wonderful job. I'd write more but I gotta start watching! :)

OH BOY!
That's good to hear. I will probably receive mine at the end of the week then.
Mine came today too. Can't wait to start watching them.
Got mine today as well!

What a great surprise!

I wasn't really expecting them to come for quite a while. Usually with a project of this size you can expect some pretty significant delays. Well Buster really came through. Not only did he deliver on time, but the overall quality is really awesome when you look at what is being taught. Definitely two thumbs up!

I also got a sneak peek at Alchemy Moon's new site today as well.

Today has just been a great day!

:0)
Message: Posted by: Smarty Pants World (Oct 30, 2011 12:42AM)
Got my set today. Well worth the money. Congrats to everyone who snagged the set, and my condolences to anyone who was too late. Like anything with Buster Balloon's name on it, this one's a quality, top notch production.
Still waiting here in Denver and its October 31st :-(
Got mine today
Any chance it'd be still available? :(
Only if someone sells thier copy
he only sold 165 copies
My guess is that at some point, someone is going to put one up for sale and when they do, they'd be wise to sell it for at least $500.00. When Buster began this project, it was only meant to be 4 DVDs. Once it was completed, it turned into an 8 DVD set! But I wouldn't be checking eBay anytime soon!
I was told at one time the capt visuals big book of balloon art was out of print and started selling on ebay for up to 400 bucks so taht is why capt visuals put the book out in print again

with a limited set such as this the dollar signs are popping in my head
but then I will never sell my set so I will only be interested in how much others are offering for it in a couple years
There is one copy available on ebay right now. search "don caldwell untitled"
Wow....that was fast. I wonder if its complete with all the extras?
Just the DVDs it looks like.
[quote]
On 2011-11-03 19:03, MT wrote:
[/quote]

Well I bet the guy burned a copy for himself and now is just selling the original
Actually, I know who it is. He purchased two copies from me, one for himself and one for a friend, then found out the friend had also ordered one. Rather than ask for a refund or return, he decided to put it on ebay. According to his ad he is giving the money to charity which is very classy.
YAY! I got my box of joy through on my return from Ireland. I'm number 018 of 165. Plus a bonus personal dedication!

So I know what this evening's viewing will be!

Thanks Buster, you are "totally awesome!"
[quote]
On 2011-11-04 08:38, Christopher Lyle wrote:
Wow....that was fast. I wonder if its complete with all the extras?
[/quote]

No, DVDs only! I asked the seller because I was also interested in (I was to late ordering the set because I had so much to do with the kids the last months that I didn't get the information about the new set "just in time"). Anyway: Price is to high for me on this auction because shipping is an additional $50 to Germany.

So Buster: Just in case you will produce some more please drop me a line! ;)
I wonder who got number 1. That must be pretty cool.
Who got number one I am going to go out on a limb here and make a guess that buster himself kept number one for himself.
in the first ads he said he was selling 150 but they are numbered out of 165. so just a guess mind you! he kept one for himself and gave 14 away as personal gifts and then sold 150 so if my guess is right then whoever got number 16 should be the first one sold!
[quote]
On 2011-11-03 19:03, MT wrote:
[/quote]

The same seller sells it a second time! How is this possible?! :)
Just finished watching the whole set. WOW!! Has anyone else found the extra secret easter eggs?
RC
Easter eggs??????? what easter eggs?
I believe Buster has some additional but hidden material included. In the Mad Hatz series there are (I think) at least 5 models that can be found but are not listed. ;)

So why not on this new set?
What is that hidden material I wonder?
Ok so I jsut took every disc onto my pc to look at everything in them and on each disc there is only as many videos as there are choices on the menu so if there is an easter egg they are the most well hidden of all time so whoever said anyone else find them thanks for wasting my time looking for something not there
I don't want to give away too much, but somewhere in the 8 disc set is a dog that can be made using only one balloon and with just three twists. That one is the real money maker.
Well I was too busy making the Big and Bad Shark to search for eggs...but now I will take a much needed break from twisting and begin the search. The shark is AwEsOmE Buster! I won't embarrass myself and admit to how long it too me to make, but it was worth the time and effort!
Just got the DVDs today. Unfortunately the case was messed up in transport so I will have to find a new way to store them. All the dvds appear to play well, there are some skips when buster talks but I assume that is normal.

I haven't found any easter eggs but if there are any I would be interested in someone pointing them out. After all the only ones that will benefit are the ones that have them.
There are no easter eggs! That is Just my pal Eddie (Rogue Clown) trying to make more work for me when people start e-mailing me to find out where they are. And while we are on the subject, THERE IS NO MAD HATZ & WILD WEARABLES VOL. 4. It was a joke, which my pal Eddie also suggested. Now that I think of it, he is not a very good friend at all. I really need to re-evaluate this whole hanging out with clowns thing.
Hilarious!
[quote]
On 2011-11-11 04:13, Buster Balloon wrote:
There are no easter eggs! That is Just my pal Eddie (Rogue Clown) trying to make more work for me when people start e-mailing me to find out where they are. And while we are on the subject, THERE IS NO MAD HATZ & WILD WEARABLES VOL. 4. It was a joke, which my pal Eddie also suggested. Now that I think of it, he is not a very good friend at all. I really need to re-evaluate this whole hanging out with clowns thing.
[/quote]

No Vol. 4?!

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=440953&forum=181&0

;)
I saw the auction on Ebay. Once it was over, I saw that the same seller was selling it again with the same story about having one extra copy and donating some money to charity. Maybe something happened to the first sale. Sadly, I couldn't afford to beat the $466 bid.
Maybe I should have started a new thread but I was curious has anyone that got this set had thier skype session with buster yet and would you like to share how it went

I have not
[quote]
On 2011-11-11 04:13, Buster Balloon wrote:
[/quote]

Hey its still fun to keep it going :)
Message: Posted by: Smarty Pants World (Jan 23, 2012 12:26PM)
There is no Mad Hatz Volume 4. At least that's what they "want you to think"
I am selling mine #79 for $500 truly a collectors item. See it in the for sale section.