(Close Window)
Topic: Funny parts of movies: your favs
What's your favorite funny parts of movies?

[i]Airplane[/i]: "What do you make of this: You can make it a hat, a brooch, a pyterodactyl..."

[i]Eating Raoul[/i]: "Swing on this" the electrical cord gets thrown into the hottub full of swingers.

[i]Dirty Rotten Scoundrels[/i]: Most of the movie, Steve M. and the Denny Terrio (dance fever) story, Ruprecht and the fork with a cork.

There are more to think of...

Ellen
The flatulence and diarrhea scenes from every movie out there ([i]American Pie, Blazing Saddles, Dumb and Dumber,[/i] et al).

Doug Juvenile to the End Byrd
I am partial to the scene in the [i]South Park[/i] movie in which the General shoots Bill Gates point blank in the face. :devilish:
Rent a movie called [i]Sorority Boys[/i] and be prepared to laugh the whole time. One seen in particular where two gentlemen dressed as women fight each other with feminine...well, just rent it and see.

XX
From [i]Benny and Joon[/i]:
"You're out of your tree."
"It's not my tree."

The fart scene from [i]Blazing Saddles[/i] is probably the funniest thing ever. Sad? Me?

Hmm, what a great thread! Now I'm going to have to watch all the funniest movies I own to find the funniest clips!
From [i]Throw Mama From the Train[/i]:

"What, you lied to me!" Danny Devito clangs Billy Crystal with a frying pan.

[i]Weekend at Bernies[/i]:

Bernie weaving (and hitting) every buoy behind the boat.
[i]Scary Movie[/i]:
When she needs a shave!! And when he gets jizzed to the ceiling. :rotf:

[i]Blazing Saddles[/i]:
When the new "black" sheriff holds himself hostage.

[i]American Pie 3[/i]:
When he's in the closet with the Grandmother.

[i]Southpark[/i] the movie,
The song...Your Mamma's a Bi...
Wayman, you are my kinda guy. :devilish:
[i]Happy Gilmore[/i] in many places, but in particular the fight with Bob Barker...
"Now you're gonna [i]get[/i] it, Bobby!"
And then Bob cleans the floor with him-er, grass that is...
The Marx Brothers [i]A Night at the Opera[/i], when everyone keeps cramming into that one stateroom...
[i]Monty Python and the Holy Grail[/i]-the killer rabbit, the witch trial, the French Castle, the Bridge of Death, the Knights of Ni...
[i]Shrek[/i], the fight with Robin Hood and his men...
:rotf:
-Reg {*}
Ohhh the scene with Bob Barker in [i]Happy Gilmore[/i] is definitely funny, Reg.

I love the movie [i]Bennie and Joon[/i] too, the scene that Jonessc mentioned.

[i]There's Something About Mary[/i]—the "hair gel scene". :hysteric:
[i]Love Story[/i], [i]Schindlers List[/i] and [i]Angela's Ashes[/i]. Oh sorry, wrong thread! Er, yes, I just roll about every time I see [i]Dirty Rotten Scoundrels[/i]!
[i]Bubble Boy[/i]: "Fivehundreddollar! Fivehundreddollar!!!"
In [i]Dumb and Dumber[/i] when he is driving Mary to the airport and asks where she is going and she says Aspen and he says "Umm, California!" :hysteric: :hysteric:
I don't think you can get anything funnier than Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis dressed in drag being chased by the mobsters in [i]Some Like It Hot[/i]. I have seen that movie at least a hundred times, and I still roll on the floor when it comes to that scene!

Margarette
[i]Wayne's World[/i], [i]Bohemian Rhapsody[/i].

The testicles in the fly from [i]There's Something About Mary[/i].

I've just checked twice and I definitely don't own a copy of [i]Happy Gilmore[/i]. How did that happen?

The sex in the pool scene in [i]Showgirls[/i] is pretty funny!
The shin-kicking/trouser ripping frenzy at the end of Laurel and Hardy's [i]You're darn tootin[/i].

The moment when the stray firework shoots into the guest's bedroom and there is an implied CRUMP, in [i]Mr Hulot's Holiday[/i].

The 'Springtime for Hitler' sequence in Mel Brooks' [i]The Producers[/i].

The Orgasmatron (the pleasure cubicle in the corner) in Woody Allen's [i]Sleepers[/i].

And a thousand others! Heartfelt thanks for encouraging me to remember. Time to dig out some videos methinks!

Regards,
Caleb Strange
How can I forget [i]The Producers[/i]!

Also, [i]How to beat the high cost of living[/i]..."What's that mama? Your liver machine's not going toupakita toupakita?"

It killed me the first couple of times—hilarious!

Ellen
[i]Undercover Brother[/i] the whole movie was just hilarious.

-Chris
"The fall'll probably kill ya..." [i]Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid[/i].

The whole banana in the tail-pipe sequence in [i]Beverly Hills Cop[/i].

And about every third line in [i]Duck Soup[/i].
The final exchange in [i]Some Like It Hot[/i].

The adrenalin shot sequence and the Christopher Walken monologue in [i]Pulp Fiction[/i].

The Stonehedge sequence in [i]This Is Spinal Tap[/i].

Every scene with Chris Cooper in [i]Adaptation[/i].

The cocaine scene in [i]Annie Hall[/i].

The final wedding sequence in [i]The Royal Tenenbaums[/i].

All of [i]Pearl Harbor[/i].
The scene from [i]Kung Pao[/i] where the baby rolls down the hill and the lady pushes him down when he stops. By the way, if you haven't seen this movie, I highly recommend it! It's only an hour but it's not for everyone but it's SOO funny!

I like a lot of the scenes from [i]UHF[/i], such as Conan the Librarian and Stan Spedowski's [i]Clubhouse[/i]. This is another movie that not many people have seen and I suggest you see it!
"How much for a order of ribs?"—[i]I'm Gonna Git You Sucka[/i]

"Biggus Dickus"—MP [i]Life of Brian[/i]

"I ain't be gottin' no weapon, why do you be gotta pull a knife on me?"—[i]Hollywood Shuffle[/i]

More to come!
:rotf:
Re [i]UHF[/i]: "BADGERS??!! We don't need no stinking [i]BADGERS[/i]!!!"

And then in the clubhouse scene, the kid who gets to drink from the firehose... :rotf: :hysteric:
[i]Smokey and the Bandit[/i]: After rear ending that other sheriff what's the first thing out of his mouth? An apology? Nope... "Hey boy, do you know where the sheriff is around here?"

[i]Monty Python and the Holy Grail[/i]: "One day all this will be yours. What? The curtains."

[i]Mr. Mom[/i]: "Tough luck Jeff. Jack! You bet".

[i]Groundhog Day[/i]: "This is a man were talking about."

[i]Used Cars[/i]: "I had a dog named that once, only he got run over by a truck."

[i]Skin Deep[/i]: "What do I look like the burning bush, I made a suggestion not a commandment."

[i]Vacation[/i]: "It's only the biggest hole on earth. Clark you're lost! Make that the second."

[i]Caddyshack[/i]: "Hey, you scratched my anchor!"
In [i]Nothing To Lose[/i], the scene where Tim Robbins was dancing to [i]Scat Man[/i]. I've never laughed so hard I cried until I saw this, and I don't know if I ever will again.
I'll be back...

The South Park song—excellent.
[i]National Security[/i]:

"You realize sir that you missed the target in the middle."

"Who the brotha? I wasn't shooting at him."

"You mind telling me why not?"

"He don't look suspicious to me. One lone brotha surrounded by four white guys with guns...please...the man is terrified. What you want him to do, tapdance?"

Martin Lawrence is one funny guy...
Message: Posted by: Al Kazam the Magic Man (Sep 6, 2003 12:32PM)
I almost wet my pants in [i]Mrs. Doubtfire[/i] when the lady comes to visit him in the house and Robin Williams is switching back and forth from the Dad to Doubtfire and ends up sticking his face in the cream in the fridge and his bra gets blown out the window and run over by the garbage truck. Very funny stuff indeed.

JoJo
[i]Benny and Joon[/i]...one of my favorite Depp movies.

[i]Happy Gilmore[/i]...loved it from the first time I saw it in the theater! I don't know how many times I have watched that one. I have used numerous lines from that movie. Dinner time and you come home from picking up fast food...

"Here, eat that!" or

"Think of your happy place..." or

"She's too old, look at her, she's...she's too old..." or

(one for Firedice) "Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ***"

Too many to mention.

[i]Mrs. Doubtfire[/i] was a very funny movie also, I remember that scene well, Jojo! One of my favorite scenes (from a movie loaded with them) is the line in [i]Midnight Run[/i] where DeNiro is telling Grodin how he is going to put him back in the little bathroom, stick his head in the toilet and make it stay there if he don't shut up...Grodin just sits there a moment then without even a flinch goes on to explain to DeNiro how the restaurant business is a very tricky business...hilarious! But then again, I love this movie!

GlenD
[i]Singing In The Rain[/i]: "I told you talking pictures were a menace, but no one would listen."

Almost anything William Powell says in a [i]Thin Man[/i] movie.
Absolutely hilarious movie—[i]My Cousin Vinny[/i]. Man, Tomei and Pesci are absolutely fantastic in that movie, and Fred Gwynne (aka Herman Munster) puts on his best performance ever.
I forgot about Python movies: "Welease woger".
[i]Fletch[/i]: "Using the whole fist doc?...MOON RIVER!"

[i]Vacation[/i]: "She was a pool waitress."

[i]Something About Mary[/i]:...ENTIRE MOVIE

[i]Tommy Boy[/i]: "Richard, that is pretty girl out there...I bet her boyfriend plays for the YANKEES!"

Gambit242
I now have [i]Happy Gilmore[/i]. It's funny. :lol:
Right on, Jonesc ! Good man. :righton:

GlenD
[i]Austin Powers[/i]. So stupid, so gross and so funny.
Various bits from [i]Withnail and I[/i] including:

"We want the finest wines known to humanity, we want them here and we want them now!"

:lol:
All of [i]Tommy Boy[/i]

[i]American Pie 2[/i]:...Stiffler singing on the back of the pickup...Stiffler running around with a ***** singing...Stiffler quote, "Here's an idea, I'll give you a spoon so you can eat my ***."

I'm so getting reported for that one, but it was worth it...

Sloth from [i]The Goonies[/i]
Jim Carrey movies

...and I can't think of any more right now.

Justin
[i]Fight Club[/i]:

When "Jack" is beating himself up in his boss's office!

All of [i]Office Space[/i]!!!
I love [i]Super Troopers[/i]. The best scene is:

"What about when Mack and Foster saw who could say *** the most."

"Actually Mack bet Foster he couldn't saw meow 10 times. To the driver, I realize that doesn't sound as funny as I described it."

"Whoa, you guys are real crazy, watch out for these guys. I could say meow, hell, I could say moo. For 20 bucks I'll call the guy a chicken..."

...but that whole movie is great.
I love Jim Carrey, and Adam Sandler movies myself. Billy Madison is a favorite especially when he's chasing the "Penguin"...hahaha. I really loved Jim Carrey in "Liar Liar". I love the bathroom scene where he's giving himself a good buttkicken and he trurns to the guy and says "Do you mind I'm kicking my ***". I loved "There's Something About Mary" especially the scene after they've picked him up at the rest stop, and after when they are interrogating him on mass murder, and he just non-chantly talks about doing it 50 or more times. I just thought that was a funny scene because of what the police must've been thinking. I also loved the "zipper scene" even though I felt the poor guy's pain...lol. "Meet The Parents" is a riot a minute too. In the Goonies" I love it when the kid makes the other kid do the "Truffle Shuffle".....lol..hahaha. What a good post. Thanks I really needed that, Ed, (Eddini). :) :bluebikes: :handcuffs:
Yeah the police station scene in "there's something about mary" is really funny. I also liked the ben stiller movie "zoolander" when all of those male model are spraying each other with the gas nozzles. I also just saw "a mighty wind" and the first scene with fred willard is a very very funny scene.
Every bit of a horrific movie titled "Witch Trap". It is soooooo bad that you get hooked in the 1st 10 minutes. A scene particularly note worthy is a scene in which a character named "Felix" gets shot in the abdomen. The dialog goes like this:

Woman: Oh, Felix! Felix! You're wounded!

Felix: Yeah, I know.

:devilish:
'Killer Boots Man !!! " - Dumb & Dumber

..... as a side I recently got this on DVD and the whole Mexican hitchiker scene had been cut ?!?!
For me it has to be National Lampoon's Vacation, too many great lines in that one to mention. "Real tomato ketchup Eddie? Ahhh nothing but the best."
"I don't know why they call it hamburger helper it does just fine by itself don't you think Clark"

Too many good lines in that one. One of the all time funniest movies...IMO
[quote]
On 2003-09-05 03:03, Reg Rozee wrote:
Re [i]UHF[/i]: "BADGERS??!! We don't need no stinking [i]BADGERS[/i]!!!"

And then in the clubhouse scene, the kid who gets to drink from the firehose... :rotf: :hysteric:
[/quote]

Agreed: Supplies!!

Young Frankenstein: "Elevate me!" (and nearly every other running second of film)

The Stunt Man: "If God could do the things we can do, he'd be a happy man!"

The Lion in Winter: "What family doesn't have its ups and downs?"

Top Secret: "This is not Mel Torme!" and "I'll miss you most of all, Scarecrow!"

My Favorite Year: "Double the lad's bet for me, you toad!" (Something about Peter O'Toole's delivery that makes lines memorable)

That'll do it for present.
Bill
Message: Posted by: Michael Rubinstein (Oct 6, 2003 05:57PM)
The original In Laws with Alan Arkin and Peter Falk -"Serpentine Shely, Serpentine!" You gotta see it, but it was a gut buster!
I can't believe nobody has mentioned The Jerk with Steve Martin. I love the whole movie,but what about the part where he's going through the room picking out various things he needs: the match book, the chair, the paddle game, his dog...well he doesn't need his dog.
I love the following scenes in the South Park movie:

-When the doctors are trying to save Kenny and end up putting a baked potatoe where his heart should be.

-Where the gang are looking on the internet and find a German website featuring Cartman's mom. I won't say any more for fear of offending anyone.