(Close Window)
Topic: Think of a Number by John Verdon
Has anyone read this? I'm very confused on what this book is exactly. Is it some kind of a story which utilizes a mathematical or psychological number force? Can anyone clarify? Thanks!
It's a crime novel. The killer contacts his victims by asking them to think of a number, then he proves that he knew what number they would think of. The story describes a couple of methods that he uses to achieve this but they are not really magic/mentalism methods and would certainly not be practical for a performer to use. There are elements of the plot that would be interesting to mentalists, but it is mainly just a serial killer novel.
Thanks man. I was a bit confused. I thought the reader himself would get their mind read, or something. I'll PM you.

Daniel
The first time I read Kenton's Killer Conceptions, the force in that worked on me perfectly. I was amazed. Would be great if there was a novel with lots of these things.
Good stuff, Kenton has a creative mind to say the least.
Caliban,

Thanks for not ruining the plot or ending of this crime novel. As I am an avid reader, it is sitting on my dresser, waiting to be read next. I'll probably start reading it this Sunday.

FYI - The lead character must be pretty interesting because I believe that Vernon has since come out with a 2nd book with the same lead character.

Anyway, like I said, thanks for being discrete about the ending.

Marqus