(Close Window)
Topic: Magic bra trick flops
http://www.patriotledger.com/answerbook/abington/x1656493051/Magic-bra-trick-flops
Gee. Who would ever think that the bra trick could be done and perceived as inappropriate by an audience?
Sometimes an unexpected negative reaction by the one on the receiving end of the trick can be a real killjoy. If the volunteer feels embarrassed or humiliated colleagues and friends are not likely to view the trick as innocent "fun".
Remember, school board meetings are where many of those ridiculous sensitivity policies are created so all it takes is one nose bent out of shape. Sometimes it is good to exercise the better part of valor at some meetings.
More

http://www.patriotledger.com/answerbook/abington/x360260950/School-committee-member-resigns-over-bra-trick
I have never liked the bra trick. Underwear/bra stuff is just not funny to me. I've always wondered if that trick would backfire. I see it has...

Doug
Some people just don't have a sense of humor
Ok, this was not a smart choice, but they are treating this like a federal case! The guy lost his job over it!!??? Does anyone know that its not really the womenís bra? Itís a trick. Geeez.
[quote]
On 2011-11-05 23:17, chleby wrote:
[/quote]

Some people don't have a sense of propriety either.
[quote]
On 2011-11-06 06:38, Ken Northridge wrote:
Ok, this was not a smart choice, but they are treating this like a federal case! The guy lost his job over it!!??? Does anyone know that its not really the womenís bra? Itís a trick. Geeez.
[/quote]

But in a corporate or government setting this type of behaviour could easily be seen as a form of sexual harrasment. It's one thing for a hired entertainer to do a trick like this in this enviroment. It is entirely different dynamic when performed by as co-worker or supervisor. There's a time and a place for everything. But this definately was not the appropriate locale for the bra trick to be done.
[quote]
[/quote]

Totally agree. But then he shows that by doing the bra trick....or did you mean the audience?
[quote]
[/quote]
Be that as it may. If you offend the person who makes the decisions as to what entertainment gets hired, or who keeps his/her job you can keep telling yourself how they "just don't have a sense of humor" when somebody else gets the gigs you aren't getting. There are some effects or lines of patter I like to do, but I also know that what goes over well at a rugby social goes over like a lead balloon at a business or church function.
Message: Posted by: The great Gumbini (Dec 17, 2011 12:51PM)
This really is a no brainer. When you perform for anyone that has "School" in their title DO NOT do any underwear or racy magic. Remember this is the Sexual Harassment age and it is alive and well especially in schools where putting condoms on right is taught.

Good magic to all,

Eric