(Close Window)
Topic: For my new school show...
It's a show about making good choices. The show is mostly vent, but I am looking for an effect for the middle of the show. I need something simple and visual that might illustrate making a good choice. Ideas?..
Sounds like a mentalism trick: I made a choice before the show and I want to see if you can make a good choice too.

Perhaps the Mona Lisa puzzle trick?

Joe
Let one spectator predict what the other is going to choose? Both need to make good choices...
Look at Axtell's off the meter. The kids could make good choices (or bad ones) and drive the meter.

If they make a really good choices (or bad ones, depending on how you want to play this) the meter explodes.
What about a basket ball out of a briefcase. It could be used discussing careers: education verses fantasy or improbable. I am not sure what choices you are wanting, but I think there are possibilities there. I use it in some of my educational shows.
I figured out something for that part of the show that didn't require a big investment in a new prop. Although I love the Axtell Off The Meter and I think the basketball out of a suitcase is a really cool piece of magic, I can't afford something big. But, I already have an Axtell Magic Drawing Board so I'm going to create a routine that will work. But, thanks for the suggestions guys.