(Close Window)
Topic: Industrial Revalation
Message: Posted by: Almost Amazing Larry (Oct 4, 2011 09:14AM)
First of all this is my first post so I would like to thank you all in advance..I have learned a tremendous amount from everyone here. I just ordered Industrial Revelation and can't wait for it's arrival.My question is what other tricks similar to IR are out there that can be used pretty much right out of the box? Don't get me wrong I'm putting in the hard work (Sick by Ponta The Smith) but sometimes would like some instant gratification as well. Again I am really happy to be a part of this forum, what a wealth of info.
Get Crossroads by Ben Harris (physical book) or Numbers by Rus Andrews (Ebook). Both of these you can start performing right away and have an incredible impact. That being said, you MUST script out your performance and work on your presentation. Its the difference between a trick and a miracle.
Message: Posted by: Almost Amazing Larry (Oct 12, 2011 10:42AM)
Wow! crossroads by Ben Harris sounds a little too good to be true. Its going on the list, thanks for the suggestion.I agree its in the presentation.
>crossroads by Ben Harris sounds a little too good to be true.

You are right. Don't burn your fingers.
Ha larry
have you looked at get sharky card trick.
this will blow your audeinces minds.
and its very easy to perform.
[quote]
On 2011-10-12 11:42, Almost Amazing Larry wrote:
Wow! crossroads by Ben Harris sounds a little too good to be true. Its going on the list, thanks for the suggestion.I agree its in the presentation.
[/quote]

It plays as it reads. I have used Crossroads for a couple years and it amazes people. I showed a woman it impromptu and got hired for a gig based just on Crossroads
I also like ultimate monte and stand up monte.
todd
Message: Posted by: Almost Amazing Larry (Nov 9, 2011 04:08PM)
Thanks to bowers for the Get Sharky suggestion. I love it! I will be ordering one soon.
Ha larry your welcome.
I pm you on this.
todd
Lennart Green And Dani Daortiz Has some great almost self working card effects that are real easy to do. Dani Daortiz dvds set is called Utopia. Lennart Green has a 4 dvd set and a 7 dvd set. Hope this helps!
I would suggest WOW by Masuda for instant gratification.
Larry,

Any suggestions on how you transition to your next effect, after IR? Doesn't IR have to be a Closer?
Er, not quite sure how you will get on with the last suggestion but you could try working on the Invisible deck. It can be used straight out of the box but you will need to work at the handling in order to make it look smooth.
IR doesn't have to be a closer, I'm using it as an opener. When they're sitting there staring at the big hunk of metal in their hands you have some great misdirection to just ditch the box in your pocket and pull out another box with slits in it and a regular deck. I just place it on the table and when they look back at me I look down at the box and say "Hey, what do you know, a real deck appeared in the box!"

The problem with IR is that it either gets stunned silence or that people are expecting the trick to continue. Some times they ask "and what do you do with it?" after the block gets pulled out. It's almost too strong! :) Definately one of my best buys 2011.