(Close Window)
Topic: Recommended vests...
I thought I'd start a new post here to get more input. I recently bought two vests from [url=http://www.wwmerc.com/cgi-bin/Category.cgi?category=3120&type=store]Wild West Mercantile[/url] and I'm very happy with them. The quality is excellent and they are not overly "western" looking.

The two vests I bought (Black Rock and Dragon) have two outside pockets and a nice lapel collar. I'm thinking about having a local tailor add two internal pockets, but I'm finding I can live without them.

I've bought four or five vests from tuxedo rental places and haven't been happy with them. Does anyone have a recommendation on a vest that [b]does not[/b] look like a magicians vest, but is not completely formal? Thanks.

Bob
The Wah Makers clothier makes silk vests. They are mostly designed for the Single Action Shooter's Society but I have found many of them to be not so formal, and not too western.

Of course look at my picture and I am a bit biased.

They are produced by Scully clothing.

And then again, you already knew about them.
I finally bit the bullet and went to a local tailor, gave her my specs...pockets, holdouts, topits, whatever and told her to make me a bullet-proofed vest out of the toughest linen she could get (we felt black canvas was too much). She lined the vest with same lining, pockets same. It cost me $100, including lining...best deal I ever made. Try your local tailor.

MM(mysticmickey).com
I have one from Bob James magic shop. I like it for the most part. Lots of pockets although it could use a couple of deeper ones. I have made a few modifications to make it work though.

:dance:
Best bet is to buy it and have your tailor modify or add to it
You put a topit in a vest? Never thought of that one.

I've been trying to figure out what I want to wear for restaurant magic. From past experience wearing a jacket has been too warm for me to keep on for an evening of walkaround magic so I'm looking at a vest idea. Are there any vest patterns out there that can be acquired somewhere? I've got a pattern for a topit in a jacket. That's about it so far.