(Close Window)
Topic: Depicting Thoughts Set ?
I just flew into New York City and had the honor and privilege of being at Tannen's Magic Shop after years. It looks like Tannen's has become a mentalism mecca with that trick LIFT and also the newest thing I bought that just blew me away. I am talking about the Depicting Thoughts Set, just killer. I recommend it highly, plus I love everything that ParaLabs puts out they're all winners. If you're looking to buy this I think Tannen's is the only one that has these.

http://www.tannens.com/shop//cart.php?m=product_detail&p=9006
Depicting Thoughts, with all the accompanying features, is fantastic. I think, however, you can get it via ParaLabs directly and recommend if so that you support the creators.

ParaLabs has also released a marked version of the PLF deck. This is equally phenomenal and opens up many new doors.

Add to that their marked ESP decks, the best I've ever used, and ParaLabs has really made quite a contribution to mentalism. There is more to come and, again, whenever possible, support the creators!
Bill,

Do you think Tannen's didn't buy these from the creator? Imo, support the few remaining B/M shops. Its not like the creators are out of the loop.

Respect,
Billy
For your information Mr. Cushman Tannen's had the Marked Depicting Thoughts Sets and is also the exclusive distributor of ParaLabs stuff in the USA. In fact, Rainer (the guy at ParaLabs) directed me towards Tannen's to buy it. Rainer and Thomas are great, I met them at MindVention, their mentalism products are the best.
For your information, CarlZen, it is Dr. Cushman ;).

No need to come across with attitude, intentional or unintentional. Think happy thoughts... :)
Dr. Bill's point, as I see it is: We are a small community with some talented and nice people as creators.
If you can, think about supporting them directly.

Tony
Absolute top marks for the depicting thought set...

wonderful stuff...
Peace, my friends! :)

Thanks a lot for all your appreciation; and even if we're obviously happy with colleagues who contact us [url=http://www.paralabs.org/basket]directly[/url], we're happy as well with colleagues who visit our friends at Tannen's!

As Ant Jacquin from [url=http://www.headhacking.com/mproducts/]Headhacking[/url] offers our work in the UK, [url=http://www.tannens.com/shop//cart.php?m=product_detail&p=9006]Tannen's[/url] offers the opportunity for all those interested in the US to take a look at our material and get it immediately. And I know by experience that there are US mentalists who feel more secure in ordering material from inside the US anyway.
AND - in addition to this - I am told that the guys at [url=http://www.tannens.com/shop//cart.php?m=product_detail&p=9006]Tannen's[/url] do a really good job in demonstrating our tools! :cool:

So thanks again to all our supporters, whether they they visit our shop or Tannen's or [url=http://www.headhacking.com/mproducts/]Headhacking[/url] !
Peace!
Th.
Thomas, will you have some of your m****d picture cards at Tabla next week?

Steve
Of course, my friend! :cool:

Cheers
Th.
Hey Steve,

great to hear that we see us at Tabla next week.
All so for you:

If you need anything else from us... let us know.

@CarlZen

thank you for your honest review.
Like Thomas wrote, a lot of the american mentalists like to order from a local dealer. Tannens is doing a great job and we heard a lot of their demonstration skills.

By the Way:

the Picture Cards Stage Deck is available in two weeks at Tannens, Headhacking and of course in our shop.
The ESP Stage Cards are available in our shop and at Tannens and Headhacking next week.

cheers
Rainer
Hi Rainer
Don't want to derail the thread, but as its about your stuff anyway maybe it's OK
I need a new pen for my Parapad, mines dried up.

And I'm interested when your hook-up will be available.

Steve
Tony all good I respect you and Dr.Cushman Just slipped Dr.Cushman it is.Anyway just wanted to say how much I love this product a good evening to all.
Carlzen

Thank you for mentioning this product, it looks interesting.

Tony
I have to agree with all of the praise for the Depicting Thoughts set. I have it and am blowing guys away with it. Yesterday,I fooled some very knowledgeable mentalists with it. As to the general public, I only did this in s few shows so far, but it got a great reaction and is now part of my repertoire.

I also have the large set of their marked ESP/Zener cards. Again, excellent stuff.

Thomas and Rainer have taken the time,effort and expense to produce very high quality props which are very sturdy and aesthetically pleasing. The accompanying books are an education in themselves.

ParaLabs items have my highest recommendation.
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Nov 6, 2011 02:36PM)
So the bottom line is that a person can select a picture card and you tell them what it is? Is this correct?

R
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Nov 6, 2011 03:14PM)
This jewel from Thomas and Rainer is stuff memories are made of (No pun intended).
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Nov 6, 2011 03:29PM)
I love memories!

Ray
[quote]
On 2011-11-06 15:36, Magical Dimensions wrote:
So the bottom line is that a person can select a picture card and you tell them what it is? Is this correct?[/quote]
Hmm, ... well, it's not that easy, ... rather ... no!

We are pretty detailed in how present a revelation in our Depicting Thoughts book; and if you would present it the way you suggested, you would squander the real strength of this tool. You would just replace a playing card (for example) by a picture, but perform the same way - and this would be a pity!

Compare the following two revelation scenarios:

You perform a mind reading routine with playing cards. Your participant choses the 3 of hearts. Your revelation could look like this:

[list][i]“I see a red card, it's hearts, ... a number card, low, uneven – is it a 3 of hearts?”[/i][/list]
Let's take a look on a revelation sequence from our Depicting Thoughts set.
A participant choosing an image from our PLF Picturecard deck, can pick one which triggers some personal memories, which she can imagine in a concrete, possibly emotional situation and which therefore gains a subjective meaning for her.
Due to the respective trick handling, this of course does not play any role for the purely technical procedure of choosing this image, but it will help you sell the image determination in your presentation!
As soon as the participant had chosen her image, you can “slowly approach” its determination by associating a situation and – if required and possible – flavour this with a little Cold Reading. And this will definitely reinforce the whole effect yet again.

Let's say the participant choses the lighthouse - and we secretly identified this picture.

[list][i]„Please look at the Object ... in your mind, ...
... no, ... you have to go nearer, – there’s too much distance!
Oh, – did you put your head back?!?
Now you have to look up to see it as a whole - right?!

... Yes! – That’s pretty big! ... High!

And ... there are noises! ... I can hear them?! ...
Sounds like ... crying ... screaming ... roaring, ...!
There are birds, ... ... smells like ... salt ... on my lips!

Waves, ... the sea, ... stones, ...
... the colors ... white ... and red, ...!
... does this match your thoughts by any means!?“[/i][/list]
Even if this is an abridged version of what we would actually perform - but did you realize the difference between both revelations? Not only that we can be much more emotional and sensual in our wording, more than this [b]we don't even talk about a picture[/b]! We talk about her personal memories! So we not read a chosen picture from her mind, ...
... we rather read her personal thoughts and memories and sensations and emotions! More often than not we don't even name the picture at all.

We are very explicit on this topic in our book, because it is one of the most important aspects in mind reading anyway.

Here is the table of contents of our Depicting Thoughts book - maybe it helps you to estimate the differences:

[list]8 Contents
10 Intro

- I -
THE TOOL

18 Preliminaries
24 The Stack
38 Handling

- II -
PRESENTATIONAL ASPECTS

44 Legitimization
52 EPAC Test Series
56 Introducing the Deck
60 Personal Use Example
64 On Proper Disorder

- III -
IMAGE TRACING

72 Standard Peeks
86 Palm Peeks / Steal Peeks
88 Open Peeks
90 Box Peeks
95 Counts
104 Alternatives

- IV -
USEFUL TECHNIQUES

112 Reset Options
118 Stack from Chaos
126 Revelations
136 Force 76, RAWSON-Style
140 On Subtle Markings

- V -
UTILIZATIONS

146 Duets
152 Design Duplications
160 Par(a)-optic Vision
166 Coincidences
174 Mnemotechniques
176 ParaDesktop
188 Materializations

- VI -
PARTICULARLY HYPNOTISM - ANTHONY JACQUIN & KEV SHELDRAKE

192 Preface
194 False Memories
201 Hypermnesia
206 Telepathy

- VII -
FURTHER ROUTINES

212 Dream Visions
220 Mecki’s Triple
230 ParaHeisting Histed
244 No Stack Routines I Picture It!
252 No Stack Routines II Dodging
256 No Stack Routines III Thought Shifter
266 No Stack Routines IV ParaWay

- VIII -
CLOSURE

278 Extro 278
281 Bibliographical References
285 Any Questions? [/list]

If there are any further questions, feel free, ... ;)

Cheers
Th.
This sounds amazing. Thank you for the additional information, you've sold me on this. Exactly the kind of emotional impact I look for.
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Nov 8, 2011 02:36AM)
If I ordered the marked PLF Picturecard Stack, would I also need to get the Depicting Thoughts Set in order to get the full benifit of this item?

I have my eyes on the marked set and my finger resting next to the paypal button!

Best
Ray
Hi Ray,

yes, you should definitively order the complete set!
The Ignis Fatuus (marked) set is definitively meant as an addition for those colleagues who work with our DT material.

If there are any further questions - feel free!

CHeers
Th.
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Nov 8, 2011 02:41AM)
I thought so, just wanted to make sure.

Best
Ray
Just to make it perfectly clear, - [i]technically[/i] you can work with our marked picture cards without knowing the DT set as a matter of fact.
But for your question was rather whether you should get the Depicting Thoughts Set in order to get the full benifit of this item, the answer is "Yes"! We collected ideas, techniques, methods, routines, applications and approaches for over five years and assembled them in our Depicting Thoughts book. So you would give away the essence of years of experience by ignoring the Depicting Thoughts set and limiting yourself on the marked picture cards - even if this is technically possible.

Best
Th.
I just received my Depicting Thoughts set, ordered from Tannens. What a beautiful collection of tools. The book is well presented and extremely detailed. This was all packed with extreme care, in a manner typical of ParaLabs. I have worked with stacked deck effects for years, but am excited about the possibilities in these cards. As Thomas mentions above, what you can do with the reveal is so much more profound than what is possible with regular playing cards. The images can be linked to the person's memories, for example. And the ability to produce effects of this sort without bringing out a deck of playing cards is refreshing -- more variety in my close up set.

I have no problem with cards in a mentalism act... but when you start looking at these, you realize that you have a means to further distance people from any thought that they might be seeing a card trick.
6 copies left in the UK at http://www.headhacking.com/products/

Any questions let me know.

Anthony
I am surprised there hasn't been more info available about this. It now appears to be sold only through Stevens.
You don't speak about it. You just have it. :D
Are the cards positions marked on their backs?
Not marked.
Our 50 original Picture Cards are marked on their backs.

If you are interested - this is the number six:

[img]http://www.paralabs.org/th/Picturecards/6.png[/img]

Those who know see it immediately in a glimpse.
Lay people neither expect anything unusual because of the innocent look of the backs;
and even those who are aware of markings more often than not don't find anything.

Just to give those who are interested a chance for comparison, ...
This is number 43:

[img]http://www.paralabs.org/th/Picturecards/43.png[/img]

Cheers
Th.
Wow, nice m**king system! It took me a minute or two, and ONLY because I know what to look for.

It's also great because my eyesight is not what it used to be, do I don't need eagle-eye vision to spot it.

I have the set that just says 'Paralabs testing cards" on the back (where Paralabs is split over two lines in an inverted box), are the ones depicted above still available?
Message: Posted by: Rainer - ParaLabs (Jul 23, 2019 01:54AM)
Yes, check out the stuff here:

https://www.paralabs-shop.com/picture-testing-card-powerpack-paralabs.html