(Close Window)
Topic: Best white paper to one bill change method?
Hi everybody,

what is the best white paper to one bill change method?

I perform the trick at a table without spectators sitting at the table so in my case it doesnīt matter if the bill is examinable at the end or not.

My favorite is this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqALa2hPehw
The bill is folded on the back side of the paper on an eight. You fold the paper three times and then you fold up the bill three times to open the bill. This tricks gets very good reactions. I donīt know if it is magicians thinking or if the trick really has the little disadvantage that you canīt show the back of the paper or the back of the bill completely (you have to cover one eight).

I also like and perform Dynaswitch from Gary Ouellet. But there you can not really show the back side of the paper and if a video camera is very very close it gets dangerous.

Is there any better method for this effect?

Daniel
Daniel Ulzen,
I've use this exact change for years. By the way nice video, clean. The difference is here in the U.S.A. I start with a U.S. $2.00 bill and change to. two $1.00 dollar bills.
Like you I get a tremendous reaction. I'm sure there are better methods, but my audience is stunned, I take advantage, using magicians wax to do the steal and the hand out, by palming I can reume the effect if I have to.
Regards,
JMNewlon
Retired
Daniel - have you considered Tango Magic's 'Kartis Bill Change'?

See here:
http://www.tangomagic.com/product.php?productid=17472&cat=0&page=1

This is the review that I wrote for the Café once I'd bought it - you may want to check it out before deciding if it's for you:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=427276&forum=109

I hope that this information helps you.

Regards,

Bal
"Cinch" looks like what you might be looking for!

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2572

Doug
Thank you very much Merc and Dougini.

For my purposes "Cinch" looks perfect, I will buy it.
I heard what's called Cinch first ran as a trick in Genii
Harper.......
Cinch did run in an old GENII magazine and if you purchased the DVD you would see that I give Toshio full credit. What I did was change the position of the bill for a cleaner display and the method for keeping the bill atatched to the paper.

Remember... We only get better by standing on the shoulders of the giants before us..

Shaun
Shaun,

do you know if any german oder european dealer is sellung your DVD? Would be easier for me to buy the DVD there.

Daniel
Im very sorry Daniel,
I don't know anyone who is selling it over seas. I know that papercrane magic does do business with a few dealers overseas but I am not sure which ones.
If you still want the DVD I am sure we can figure a way of getting CINCH into your hands. Contact me privately
Shaun
Here is one that will be out in a week or so and it's very easy.
The actual change is whats so startling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzUCg5KIFPI&feature=player_embedded
[quote]
On 2011-12-01 02:57, Steve Haynes wrote:
Here is one that will be out in a week or so and it's very easy.
The actual change is whats so startling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzUCg5KIFPI&feature=player_embedded
[/quote]

Doesn't beat the Kartis Method in my view.

Why?

Well, firstly (and most importantly) you aren't even showing the bill on both sides - in the demo, you only see HALF of the bill's reverse! I think that point will be challenged in the spectators minds.

There's also a worrying MAJOR flash in the actual demo clip - suggesting that this method has some pretty severe angle problems?

Finally, the 'clean-up' appears pointless and confusing.

I'll definitely stick with the Tango Kartis Bill Change.
Until a few day ago (when I received 'Cinch', by Shaun Robison) I would have said the best white paper to money change was one of a few bill changes I have, but since I have received 'Cinch' I honestly believe it's the best white paper to money bill change on the market.

Why? Simple!
1. Because you can make the switch and hand the money out for inspection and that bill will stand up to any inspection the spectator can put it through.
2. Best of all, there is no Thumb Tip involved.
3. It's super easy to make.
4. The method is just about fool proof.

If you are a magician that likes bill switches, trust me. You will not only not regret buying this, you will be extremely happy that you did!

Chris
Atlanta, Georgia
Daniel I believe Alakazam magic in England is selling Cinch and just reveiwed it on their videonews this past week. They gave it two thumbs up and it really looks clean and is a great trick.

Shaun, you would by any chance know what year or issue it ran in Genii would you?

Snidini
No matter which "white paper to bill" trick you want to perform - you should certainly check out the pat page setup and handling to see where it all came from!
[quote]
On 2012-01-02 11:10, rhettbryson wrote:
No matter which "white paper to bill" trick you want to perform - you should certainly check out the pat page setup and handling to see where it all came from!
[/quote]

Rhett - agree with you BUT I'm pretty certain that the Fred Kaps version 'Newspaper to Dollar Bills' was the first of this genre. This trick is outlined in Fred's lecture notes that were marketed by Ken Brooke in Feb '73.
Wow!!!!,
I am just so glad that everyone is using and enjoying CINCH

I never would have thought... Well anyways Enjoy everyone!!

Have a great 2012

Look for new effects coming from myself and papercrane magic very soon

Shaun R.
[quote]On Nov 14, 2011, Daniel Ulzen wrote:
Hi everybody,

what is the best white paper to one bill change method?

I perform the trick at a table without spectators sitting at the table so in my case it doesnīt matter if the bill is examinable at the end or not.

My favorite is this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqALa2hPehw
The bill is folded on the back side of the paper on an eight. You fold the paper three times and then you fold up the bill three times to open the bill. This tricks gets very good reactions. I donīt know if it is magicians thinking or if the trick really has the little disadvantage that you canīt show the back of the paper or the back of the bill completely (you have to cover one eight).

I also like and perform Dynaswitch from Gary Ouellet. But there you can not really show the back side of the paper and if a video camera is very very close it gets dangerous.

Is there any better method for this effect?

Daniel [/quote]

Hi Daniel can you please tell me the name of this particular Bill Switch? Is it a marketed effect?

Thanks
[quote]On Jan 2, 2012, Merc Man wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-01-02 11:10, rhettbryson wrote:
[/quote]

Rhett - agree with you BUT I'm pretty certain that the Fred Kaps version 'Newspaper to Dollar Bills' was the first of this genre. This trick is outlined in Fred's lecture notes that were marketed by Ken Brooke in Feb '73. [/quote]

Sorry to say, it was not Fred Kaps, but Burt Allerton, it is published in the Stars of Magic book. I am referring to method. Then came Patrick Page, with his version. Then a flash verssion like Fred Kaps, of which was marketed by a defunt company called, "Suds" in California. Then Ken Brooke published Fred Kaps version and sent them along with Fred's Lecture Notes. That is history as I know it.

I performed Fred Kap's version for many years, it is the one I like the best.
Check our NickEinhorns penguin lecture. One of the best paper to bill changes ever, plus tons of other great effects. Real value.