(Close Window)
Topic: Was Kyle mugged?
I think someone is sending a spam around after receiving Kyle's info from Facebook. I received the following in my spam email on Nov 30:

"I'm writing this with tears in my eyes,my family and I came down here to (Manila Philippines), for a short vacation. unfortunately,we were mugged at the park of the hotel where we stayed,all cash and credit card were stolen off us but luckily for us we still have our passports with us.

We've been to the Embassy and the Police here but they're not helping issues at all and our flight leaves in few hours from now but we're having problems settling the hotel bills and the hotel manager won't let us leave until we settle the bills. Well I really need your financially assistance..Please, let me know if you can help us out?

you can wire the money to me through western union all you need is Name on my passport and location below.

Receivers Name:Kyle Peron OR Kelly Peron
Amount:2,500 Dollars

I'll def refund your cash as soon as I get home.As soon as it is done, kindly get back to me with the confirmation number. Let me know if you are heading to the WU outlet now???

Reply"
Kyle was not mugged, he was hacked. Send all your money to me.
Hehehehe, Mike,

That is one of the early email SCAMS. It has been around trying to con people for a long time.

Do not send any money for Kyle and DEFINITELY DO NOT send any money to AL! ;)

Posted: Dec 1, 2011 12:11pm
Send it all to ME!
I got the email too. I sent $1250 and told them to just keep Kyle.

LOL

Tom

But seriously I did get the email too.
Send me your email addresses guys. I am thinking about getting mugged
[quote]
On 2011-12-01 12:40, jskalon wrote:
Send me your email addresses guys. I am thinking about getting mugged
[/quote]

[quote]
On 2011-12-01 12:30, TomBoleware wrote:
I sent $1250 and told them to just keep Kyle.
[/quote]

:lol: Very funny guys. :lol:
I've gotten these types of emails several time and immediately notify the person because I seriously would help Kyle if it were true.
I remember when June Horowitz's account got hacked, some time ago, saying she was was stranded in a foreign country. I knew she didn't send the emails, because she has the ability to get herself out of a situation like that.
A while back I got one of those from my cousin and was all prepared to help him out. I am glad I checked with his brother first. Nowadays you have check everything out with email.
I got the message too, but don't worry, everything worked out for the best. You see, I got this email from a widow that needed help getting her money out of country, I connected the two.

Tony
Anybody wanna send me money so I can get kidnapped and taken away to Hawaii? Or even New Orleans?

Steve
I got it to. I knew by the poor grammar that it wasn't Kyle. Plus, I have gotten emails from dozens of my other friends that were stranded.

Hpw the hell to THEY get to travel so much?!?!?!?!?

;)
My mom got one of these by phone a few years ago and actually strung the guys along for a week or two before revealing that she used to work for the prosecuting attorney in Yakima. Needless to say they never called her back.
I'm thinking of mugging Jack
Hi guys. kel and I arfe just fine. Rather annoyed at the fact that a hacker hacked my facebook account, but we are well. Took most of yesterday trying to fix things. I want to thank you all for understanding and so much outcry for help and concern.

We are good but you can still send us money if ya like. lol

Kyle
I knew it wasn't Kyle when I said I'd send the money if he could say a few words about the chair suspension and I got no response.
Actually. what a perfect cover

Ask for money and deny deny deny... then go shopping.
A mugging/kylenapping would have made a great story for the next newsletter.

BTW, the first issue was a good start Kyle. Congrats.

-B.H.
I'm overdue for a good mugging Gus.
Hey , I love the Bullwinkle quote.
When/where is the next hang? ( you and Brent can mug me then)
Maybe someone didn't like all the ads for his Blue and Gold ebook.
Kyle, I forward your name to someone in Africa who has a lot of money and willing to give it to you. Just send them your Bank account number.
Lol Thanks guys. I has been a pain dealing with this, but finally getting things back in order. Really appreciate the klind words, well wishes and concern from so many friends. I have not been mugged and doing just fine. Other then a lot of dental work, I am feeling quite well. lol

Glad folks enjoyued the first issue of the newsletter.

Kyle
It must be a sign of the season, because I just got one of those "name your price" email messages.
[quote]
On 2011-12-02 07:30, magic4u02 wrote:
Lol Thanks guys. I has been a pain dealing with this, but finally getting things back in order. Really appreciate the klind words, well wishes and concern from so many friends. I have not been mugged and doing just fine. Other then a lot of dental work, I am feeling quite well. lol

Glad folks enjoyued the first issue of the newsletter.

Kyle
[/quote]

I KNEW IT this was all just a huge publicity stunt to get more people to sign up for your news letter. your a genious Kyle why did I not think of this.

LOL

sam

ps glad you are ok and got it fixed. yeas ago I had my cell phone cloned and got a $9000 phone bill! ah the joys of hackers! not
When I first got the email, I will admit, I almost emailed him directly to find out if it was for real.
But then I thought, well obviously they going to say yes it is real, send the money. :)

So for a few minutes I didn't know what to think, then I came here and PM'ed him.

Anyway, glad it worked out.

Tom
Every morning Kelly makes a facebook post telling us what she plans to do that day, and she would have told us about traveling abroad during the busyest time of the year.
That's the first thing I thought of too Al. They sure picked the wrong couple to hack. If anyone is facebook friends with Kyle and Kelly they would know what their plans and they certainly did not include a trip out of the country.
So, I guess one thing that Kyle's Red Jacket of Mystery can't do, is prevent email hackers. Even the jacket has a Kryptonite.

- Donald
Kyle
We all have facebook accounts. Just how was your address book hacked through facebook?
I don't know enough about the computer stuff to really talk about it. But they say you have to be very careful with the app's on facebook.

Saw a story on the news last night where hacking phones was big now. That too is done by downloading apps.

Tom
Yeah it certainly wasn't any fun at all. But, we were able to handle it as beast as we could and spent most of yesterday cleaning up the mess the hacker caused.

It is really scarey cause this honestly is the closest and most legit scam I have seen in a while. Most are totally a joke. this one they actually thought out a bit more.

Trust me, if we ever were going away overseas, people would know about it. lol

Not sure how the email accounts were retrieved but they got them through Facebook. That much I do know. This scam/hack is actually pretty involved. I am really amazed at to what length they went to.

Kyle
When you click on items that you are unfamiliar or items that request APPS, then that app seals your friends list and sends them to each one.

For instance "Kyle Peron just answered a question about Dennis Michael!" and my curiosity to see what question Kyle answered would give out my friends list and perpetuate the spam.

THE SAME FOR JOKES AND PICTURES. Not all only a few do this. I turned off all apps and "news links" and "friends of friends" just to minimize the potential for spam on facebook.

I also report any spam I get and that does seem to work.

I just got an email from http://www.magic-voitko.com on a bar chair suspension. Since it is overseas, I got a warning of potential Phishing and gave me the option to by-pass the warning. Since I know the website I by-passed it and saw the new barstool levitation that was flagged as spam.

Also AOL flags lots of BCC and CC emails.

There are many reasons, I just live with it and check with Snopes a lot.
-Dennis
If you use Facebook a lot, and are prone to click and/or re-post things, I recommend liking Facecrooks and following their feed. They share solid info about scams, viruses, ways to avoid hacking, etc.

And as Dennis said, watch out for apps and links.

- Donald
Great share guys. thanks.

Kyle
Yeah, I too would say send your money to me but I just learned through an email one of my relatives in Nigeria left me 16 million dollars...and I won the Irish Lottery.....
Imagine someone named Pasquale winning the Irish lottery...
Awww I can die a happy man. I may be the only magician to have his own thread on the Café about being mugged. lol
[quote]
On 2011-12-02 16:16, magic4u02 wrote:
Awww I can die a happy man.
[/quote]
Did you hear that Kyle died after being mugged? I heard that he was happy when he died but he is going to be missed.

;)
This cracks me up. I not only knew that Kyle and Kelly did not have a trip planned, but I know how many lectures they have booked for 2012
[quote]
On 2011-12-02 16:16, magic4u02 wrote:
Awww I can die a happy man. I may be the only magician to have his own thread on the Café about being mugged. lol
[/quote]
Sorry, I was first: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=410069&forum=15
AL: lol Exactly. =)

Mike: Darn you beat me too it. I guess there is always room at the top for 2. lol

Yeah, any of our firneds would certainly know if we were headed to manilla. lol

Kyle
Kyle's not worth 2500, I might spring that much for Kelly, but if it is a package deal and I gotta take both, forget it.
Kyle, with friends like these...
Hehehe aww shucks. I can just feel the love. =)

Kyle
I replied to your hacked email and asked where in Manila you are soI can personally help you :)
Wanlu,

lol Thanks my friend. If I AM ever in Manilla, you will be the first to know. =)

Kyle