(Close Window)
Topic: Anyone performed in a Santa Clause outfit before?
Has anyone ever performed in a Santa Clause outfit before? I have in the past. I will be wearing one in two of my shows on Saturday.
I helped Santa back in the 80's.
That was in my character days, which included gigs doing singing telegrams.

Ho Ho Ho.
I used a cross between a German and Hungarian accent.

Side note (g 7) Just watched Christmas Story last night. I hear you can buy a coffee mug in the shape of the "Leg Lamp". Now that would make an interesting "chop cup"!

We have a nearly normal family. My wife Catholic, I was raised Jewish. Yes that makes us "Cashews".

Merry Christmas and Happy Chanukah

Harris
celebrating both the "New and the Old Testament"
I know theres a santa-hat change bag out there...I just cant remember who makes / sells it.
When you wear a Santa costume you have no peripheral vision, you can't see where you are walking, and your mouth is full of Santa's beard. To perform in that outfit is extremely hard.

Lots of luck
I seem to recall that Frances Marshall talked about Magical Santas in the Success Books (classics of magic literature). Or it could have been in one of her Kid Stuff books (more classics). I don't remember which volume, though (there are 4 volumes to the Success Books, and 6 volumes to the Kid Stuff books).

- Donald
I had a hard enough time performing in a santa hat. It was too much of a distraction and I won't do it again. I had to tape to my head to keep it in the right position. If I had a gig after that one, I'd have a problem - my hair was a sweaty mess with that on.
Hey Dynamike,

I know you are a mentalist (did you get "Performing mentalism for young minds" yet?), are you going to incorporate any of that into your Santa performance?
I've done a few gigs over the years dressed as Santa. I have a real beard so I don't have to mees with a false one and since I'm used to performing in various type of outfits I didin't have any issues. The only thing I've learned is that one can't do sucker tricks as Santa.

What kid this close to Xmas is going to tell Santa that he's wrong and that block is on the other side?
[quote]
On 2011-12-07 15:09, seadog93 wrote:
Hey Dynamike,

I know you are a mentalist (did you get "Performing mentalism for young minds" yet?), are you going to incorporate any of that into your Santa performance?
[/quote]
No I did not purchase it yet. I already have my Christmas shows permanently set for this year. I will include the book on my wish list so I will purchase it early next year. Thanks.
I have offered close-up in the past as Santa (back in the bad days when I did close-up). The costume does restrict you as does the beard. But it is possible. Best of luck with it.
[quote]
On 2011-12-07 19:27, TonyB2009 wrote:
Best of luck with it.
[/quote]
[url=http://www.sherv.net/thank.you-emoticon-407.html][img]http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/word/thank-you-smiley.gif[/img][/url]
I just invented the Santa beard topit!!!! Get yours today!!!