(Close Window)
Topic: Bottle Hammer
Hi folks.
I'm looking for information on bottle hammers. It seems this prediction device just vanished...
Any help will be apreciated.
Thanks
Can you give a brief description of what a bottle hammer is? If you do, it might stir a memory, but right now I don't recall anything by that name.
A "bottle hammer" is a prediction device mainly used for big events or newspaper predictions. The effect is that you present the audience with a prediction inside a glass bottle, the bottle is put on box, kept in custody of Mr. Someone, etc,.. like any big event prediction. When the day of the revelation arrives you bring a hammer with you and break the bottle to show everyone that you were right.

Although I've built one myself, I've never seen anything in print, just heard from some mentalists.Sometimes somepeople mention the item ( Like Lee Earle in his M. I. N. D. mentions that he has used one before) I then developed my own version of these but I'd like to know where to find some info on it's predecessors.
Fogel had his name linked to this effect which was sold by a number of dealers including Tannen's.

Thom
Thanks for the info about Fogel. Although I'm familiar with Fogel's work I didn't know his name was linked to this effect.

Anyone else....?
I am not sure why these items are not used any more. I did read a description of the Fogel method I think in Phoenix, but don't quote me on that.
I am not sure if anyone makes them today. But like you I once made one and never used it.

Chad
John Riggs recently sold his, which I believe was a Fogel.
I do believe the Fogel method also used a specific type of bottle to complete the effect. Not a trick bottle, just one with a certain type of labeling which could be exploited. I think it was a Chianti bottle.

Chad
Thanks for the info Chad.
It seems I've improved the thing , since my model can use any bottle.. :lol:
I'm not familiar with a Chianti bottle, perhaps due my nationality.
Would you please forgive my ignorance and explain what it is??
Message: Posted by: cupsandballsmagic (Sep 21, 2003 06:22AM)
Not that it's any help to you now but one went on Ebay a couple of months ago. It was a Fogel model. I missed it by a couple of dollars :(
Just for the record Tony Corinda marketed Fogel's routine back in the late 50s. :cool: