(Close Window)
Topic: Dancing Hank
Iím working on a Dancing Hank routine. Not just the little guy, the version with the table and multiple hanks - like Lance Burton use to do. I'm having the hardest time trying to find some music for it. Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Mike
Is this the Ralph Adams version you are speaking about? If so, wouldn't it be nice without music, or am I wrong?
I would suggest you might try something classical with some zip. Or maybe a dance tune...for a dancing hanky. The Twist, the polka...what the heck.

quack
How about the title from Flashdance or Dirty dancing.
I am currently trying to choreograph it to Sing, Sing, Sing....Nice big band jazz sound
Kazaa (www.kazaa.com) is a great source for every type of music you can imagine. Also, if you want to get custom music made for you, I can recommend someone, if you are interested pm me. However, you may find more variety with a source like kazaa.
Use some classic music, I saw a magician that uses this kind of music in the dancing hank and it looks great
Hi Mike,

Check out some of Joe Satriani's instrumental slower tracks..its modern and has some excellent moments. Try 'I believe' from The Flying in a blue Dream Album...just makes a change to following suit and using classical music.

Regards

Mark
[quote]
On 2003-09-17 18:24, zaubern wrote:
Kazaa (www.kazaa.com) is a great source for every type of music you can imagine. [/quote]Before doing this, I'd make sure that any downloaded music isn't used without proper recompense to it's creator.

Not to mention that the RIAA is now suing normal people for using Kazaa.
If you decide to go for classical music, you might check out http://www.naxos.com

You can listen to streaming audio samples of their albums there. It's an incredibly handy resource for browsing the classics.
A question about the dancing hank.

Is the version that Blackstone Jr. used to perform sold commercially.

It's easily my favorite version.
Mark,

Gotta go with Joe Satriani, as the "Surfing With The Alien" CD has a song called, "Always With Me, Always With You", that would fit Dancing Hank nicely...

And thanks, Mark! You just gave me a great idea...(shuffling off, rubbing hands together, insane gleam in the eye...cackling like a mad scientist...) :stare:

Doug