(Close Window)
Topic: Creature Shock - Peter Loughran
Demo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y8VUrrxsu8

Here's the official description:

The performer introduces a small magical chest and explains to the audience that this chest is actually a portal or a gateway to another dimension, and this is how magicians have been making animals and objects appear in their magic acts for centuries. He will now reveal to the audience how the magical gateway works and will now demonstrate the illusion.

The performer introduces several playing cards that have different names of animals on them that a magician might produce or make appear in their magic acts, for example a Dove, Rabbit, Canary etc. He has someone in the audience select a playing card, and show everyone what they have picked. The card is shown to have the word "Rabbit" written on it.

The performer now opens the chest and shows it to be completely EMPTY. The chest is closed and then the door is opened and a rabbit is pulled out of the box just like magic! The audience is thrilled but wants to see more, so the magician offers to do it again, and this time they can select a different card.

The next card is turned over, but to the magician's horror, the card says "Gorilla". The performer seems confused and starts to utter..."What does that card say?...A Gorilla?...how the heck could a Gorilla fit inside this small...." Then before the magician has a chance to finish his sentence, the small chest starts shaking violently out of control, the front door busts open and a giant Gorilla arm comes lunging out towards the audience, and reaches for them and the magician. The magician, frantically struggles, but manages to somehow contain the beast and close the door. The chest still shaking wildly, the performer decides to ditch the prop, and move on to a much easier and less dangerous card trick.

A hilarious and action packed routine great for all ages, full of laughs and surprises, a guaranteed hit at your next show.

You can use any small animal or object that will fit inside the load area instead of a rabbit. The inside boasts a clear coat armor finish that makes it virtually stain proof and animal droppings will easily be cleaned up after each show.

You can show the box empty before the first production, and then show it again empty after the first production and before the gorilla makes its appearance. It is also possible to once again show the box empty after the gorilla has been contained.

Creature Shock is fully self contained, and requires no special clothing, just pick it up and perform it, simple as that. Sets up and Resets in about 1 minute and is very easy to do. Built like a professional illusion and tricked out in polished aluminum.

Creature Shock is very deceptive from just a couple of feet away, and great to perform up close or on stage. Just as people begin to think the gorilla arm might be, being animated by simple puppetry, you turn so that the audience can see both hands are still on the outside of and still holding the chest. The Gorilla arm itself also appears much longer than any of your own arms which only add to the impossible appearance of the illusion.

Packs small and plays big!
No animals were harmed in the making of Creature Shock; however some of the humans didn't make it.

Creature Shock comes with professionally built illusion chest, playing cards, and instructions.

This illusion is built on order, please allow 2-4 weeks turnaround time

Custom ATA Case - Please add USD $199.99

************************************************************************************************

This looks thoroughly awesome, IMO! The price seems reasonable, too, seeing as some m****r boxes (ie, Loughran's Pet Shop) cost more by themselves. The animation of the long gorilla arm, combined with the convincing show of the magician's right arm on the side of the box, is a strong kicker to the usual "make a pet appear in a box" effect. Can't buy this right now, but am very excited about the idea of saving up. Anyone order this yet?

For sale at Hocus-Pocus and http://www.masterofillusions.ca/creature-shock.html
Good idea. Would be fun to scare the **** out of people with...

I wish the box had an artistic theme to the design appearance though.
Like a jungle crate or something.
Thanks Maxsfieldsmagic!

Hey Randi, thanks for the kind words and that's so funny you suggested the jungle crate, because that was an initial vision I had for this prop. However after further study of the routine that I was trying to create I felt the "shock" factor would be more effective if the box looked more ordinary or more like a "standard" type of magician's prop as to not give away clues to the gorilla appearance prematurely. However with all that said, I can also customize any prop if someone has a different look in mind (just keep in mind that additional charges may apply for the custom work).

:)

P.
I love this! Fooled me badly. I thought. "Oh a puppet arm, great idea...... Oh there is his other arm!!!!!!WHOA!!!!" How that gorilla arm gets in the box I have no idea.
Peter, you are a genius!
James
Great thinking Brother Peter...I always enjoy each of your newest creations.
I often times go back and watch some of your very earliest illusions as well.
It's loads of fun looking at all of the clips on your site man!
~You Rock dude!
[quote]
On 2012-01-29 19:49, Peter Loughran wrote:
after further study of the routine that I was trying to create I felt the "shock" factor would be more effective if the box looked more ordinary or more like a "standard" type of magician's prop as to not give away clues to the gorilla appearance prematurely.
[/quote]

You could be right on the jungle crate.
I just always thought your Gremlin Box was the best idea you've had, and I don't like magic looking props.

It is a cool idea, and flashing the right hand while the gorilla hand is still visible is a nice subtlety.
Just curious why I did not see the rabbit being produced in the video but just a picture of it. Do you need to invert the box or something to produce it?
It would be nice to see the whole sequence of this prop. I would love to have one.
[quote]
On 2012-01-30 04:47, Lou Hilario wrote:
Just curious why I did not see the rabbit being produced in the video but just a picture of it. Do you need to invert the box or something to produce it?
It would be nice to see the whole sequence of this prop. I would love to have one.
[/quote]

I think you need Photoshop to produce the rabbit.

All kidding aside I think this is Peter's best product to date. Tho' the cards are a little hokey. I think to really up the "innocent" factor a children's book of animals should be used (Think magic coloring book principle)

Lou, yes the top knob will release the gimmick. You then invert or tilt the box slightly, peak inside, gimmick resets, produce the object straight out of the box or show it inside. This can be repeated more than once. Box can be shown empty before and after each production and after the gorilla is contained. Some people complain that demo videos are to long, so I just went straight to the point for magician's sake, figuring that magicians would know what the first phase of the trick was all about in the first place.

Yes the cards you get with this are just blanks, you can write your own animal names on them or use stickers like I did. I didn't have cards printed, because not everyone will be using live animals as their first production. Some might use things like silk hankercheifs, or feather/spring flowers, candy, streamers, or maybe a clients product at a corporate event, or god knows what else that will fit inside the load area. So for this reason, because it would be impossible for me to have every possible object pre-printed on a card, I left them blank. But you can also buy animal cards or animal flash cards that would work, or have a printer make up your own custom set that is specific to you and the objects you want to produce.

I like the book of animals idea---GREAT!
This looks killer. Love the idea. Saving up for this one.
[quote]
Some people complain that demo videos are to long, so I just went straight to the point for magician's sake
[/quote]
ok. Now I am going to bust on you, but in good fun.

You're opening title sequence is like 30 seconds long.
Exactly, which is why I need to shorten the rest of it...lol, sorry I couldn't resist. Seriously though, Branding is IMHO a big part of marketing, and yes while my station ID may be longer than most, that is not necessarily a bad thing from strictly a buisness standpoint. But really who cares...lol

P.
[quote]
On 2012-01-30 12:03, Peter Loughran wrote:
Seriously though, Branding is IMHO a big part of marketing, and yes while my station ID may be longer than most, that is not necessarily a bad thing from strictly a buisness standpoint.
[/quote]
Now, that I agree with 100%... but it could be shorter.
Perhaps :) but a good feature for YouTube in the mean time is that you can always slide the play bar along 30 seconds too if you are familiar with my videos and want to skip that part. ;-)
The first time I saw a banner ad for this, I had to click through and watch the demo. I think it's a great idea, and using the cards for audience interaction is very clever. I also like how you can make it appear that your own arm is never a part of the action. If I did kid shows -- or any kind of comedy show -- I'd be putting money aside for this one. :D
[quote]
On 2012-01-30 09:10, Peter Loughran wrote:

Lou, yes the top knob will release the gimmick. You then invert or tilt the box slightly, peak inside, gimmick resets, produce the object straight out of the box or show it inside. This can be repeated more than once. Box can be shown empty before and after each production and after the gorilla is contained. Some people complain that demo videos are to long, so I just went straight to the point for magician's sake, figuring that magicians would know what the first phase of the trick was all about in the first place. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

[/quote]

Peter, I still would like to see a video of the first phase if you don't mind. As you said, the box can be shown empty before and after every production. That, I would like to see in your Creature Box video.
Hi Lou, well at the moment I don't have time to shoot a new demo video for you. My head is spinning with orders right now, let see, ive got a custom Accumulator being built for Sandro in Italy, just finishing a Witchboard for Tom Binns in the UK, a custom illusion for Lucas Wilson in Canada, got 2 Withdrawals on order, a gremlins in a box for Madhatter, 3 entitys, a jitters package, 2 voodoo touch chairs one for my customer and one for a dealer in japan, and over a dozen Creature Shocks that have to be out in 4 weeks. And then I still have all the regular in stock items to ship out everyday.

Im not complaing, but just wanted you to know that a new demo right now just isn't in my time frame right now to show how a m-box works, I don't have the time to spend to shoot and edit a new demo, way too time consuming for me right now, and I have more work than I need right now and already working overtime to meet deadlines, so please accept my appologies that I cannot meet your request at this time. But I can tell you that it works similar to flash appearance m-box. You tilt to reset, knob is your lock. If that's not good enough for you I understand but don't hold your breath for a new demo right now, sorry I hope you understand.

Or alternatively you can manually reset if you tilt and produce the animal while the box is facing upward, take the animal out as you lock the gimmick back in place then lower the box to show it empty again.

Ok back to work!

P.
You have so many clever ideas Peter, that I decided you should be immortalized
in an animation! Thanks for inspiring so many wonderful routines around the world!

Best of luck with this wonderful idea mate!
~Devious
An Honest Deceiver
Lmao, thanks Devious! Awesome!
[quote]
On 2012-01-29 20:34, Xiqual wrote:
I love this! Fooled me badly. I thought. "Oh a puppet arm, great idea...... Oh there is his other arm!!!!!!WHOA!!!!" How that gorilla arm gets in the box I have no idea.
Peter, you are a genius!
James
[/quote]

Fooled me in the exact same way.
Found myself pulling a Homer Simpson...and going "Doh!"
[b]Animated[/b][url=http://animatedconjurors.blogspot.com/2012/02/peter-loughrans-creature-shock-2012.html][i]Creature Shock Clip[/i][/url]
Please don't tell Peter LockRUN, LaughRUN or however you say it, that I did this.

~Devious
An Honest Deceiver
[url=http://animatedconjurors.blogspot.com/2011/11/peter-loughrans-revenge.html]Peter Loughran's Revenge[/url]
I'm a freakin' table hopper!
Glad you liked it Wizzard! PS on an unrealated note in regards to your Homer quote, I like the simpsons, but also Family Guy, and more recently found this show called "The Dating Guy"
http://datingguy.com/
Its crude humor like Family Guy or worse(just a warning its not for kids). Also takes place in Toronto which is unusual. Its entertaining to say the least.

Devious:Very Cute, thanks for the smiles! I enjoyed the videos very much, it was nice 5 minute break!
Lots of fun! and yes its pronounced Lock-Run.. :)

P.
Thanks Peter!
All the best on capturin' the "Creatcha'".
Now pass me those darn chocolates Private Parts!
Anyone has one yet and would like to comment/review on it?
I'm happy to report we are in the final assembly stage of the first run(which is sold out). Creature Shocks begin shipping after the weekend. They turned out awesome! Any new orders will have to wait for a 2-4 week turn around time, as I am only building them to order now. Thanks to all those who ordered!

P.
Can you do the gorilla first then the bunny appear so you can pass out the bunny?

That might go better with kids shows.
Bloody brilliant. And Peter is as good a showman/actor as he is a creator.

LOVE it!
Looks just awesome!
I'm looking forward to the presentations by the new stewards of this device.
Please share your reviews and videos with us folks.
Hi Kevin, no you can't, the gorilla has to be your final production. But that is also the way I wanted it performed, I understand your point of view, but the shock effect will work best after they first see a cute little bunny or dove etc first appear then have the gorilla appear.

I was inspired to make this in part by working in a comercial haunted house 2 years ago, where I used a fire cage in my "Haunted House of Magic" room inside the Haunt. The cage secretly hid the exit and once they(guests) entered the room, I appeared out of nowhere for a jump scare, then proceeded to tell the people they were just in time to see my final illusion of the show(the room was set up like an evil magic show was in progress), and I told them that the room had been possessed and Yadda Yadda(Don't worry I mentioned the bisk) and that if all goes well, I would produce a cage full of beautiful wite doves. But instead a zombie creature was produced who busts open the cage door and lunged at the guests, I also grabbed the cage and pushed it forward towards them, it worked awesome and scared the crap out of everyone, then the exit was revealed behind the cage after I pushed it forward and they were chased out of the room(fun times). So I wanted to create a minature and portable effect that could create a similar but a little more tame version of the effect.

But once the bunny(or whatever animal/object you first produce) is set aside, and you contain the gorilla, and end the creature shock routine, it gives you a perfect lead in to do your next routine with the first animal or object you produced. You could also just skip the first production and go straight to the Gorilla.

Thanks for all the comments, The first run of 14 has sold out, and has shipped! But I am still taking orders, and I am building them on order now as they come in, so please allow 2-4 weeks turnaround once you place the order.

Im sad to see them go, but needed the room, as thankfully we are still swamped with orders, and working on my next effect.

[img]http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/416957_10150682960694124_633534123_9199375_335158512_n.jpg[/img]

They turned out awesome. Also Each one is numbered, and again thanks for the continued support from my customers, you guys are all the best, and I look forward to any comments or feedback!

Peter
Peter!

I love love love this. I truly wish I had the cash!

Mike :-(
Whilst you are awaiting for your unit to arrive,[url=http://animatedconjurors.blogspot.com/2012/02/peter-loughrans-creature-shock-2012.html]Enjoy[/url]

Thanks for the pic Peter (Lock-Run) Loughran!
Keep creating Peter!

Decomposing Into The Box
Hey there De Composse'! What's new in Tejas?
Ok, I broke down and bought one from Peter! I will let you all know my thoughts when she arrives. :). I really cannot wait for this. I seriously laugh just thinking about performing it. :)
Hi pete! What about LARGE hands?? :)
Love this by the way.
Thanks for your order Mike!

Hey Doug, thanks! Your real hands are never inside the creature hand so, large hands are a non factor.
I have one on order too, and up to this point the communication with Peter has been great, his patience with my endless questions should win him an award, he is also a caring and generous man, and I have no doubt this will be an outstanding product as is its creator.
Thanks for the kind words Dave, yours is being picked up today for shipping!

Thank you for your business and your support!

Peter.
It's a very good thing that "Creature Shock" doesn't give you "Sticker Shock"
I have small hands but big feet. Great pricing Mr. Lock-Run.
Peter is a wonderful creator!!
I love this Peter! I just watched the video with my 8 year old son and he was totally glued to the screen! Great concept, top notch quality product and really looks fantastic!

Splendid indeed!

TC
That's nice to hear Zombie, very kind of you.

Tony, I just saw this post, so thanks bro! Im sorry I missed you while you were at the CAM convention a week or so ago! We'll definately have to make plans to hang out one of these days.

The reason I came back to this thread is to let everyone know, I now have a little mini creature shock in the works, for you to freak out all the girls with in your neighborhood, office, party etc. The creature control will work just slightly different, but basically the same type of effect only minature for close up. The creature that comes out will also be different.

P.
[quote]
On 2012-05-16 08:35, Peter Loughran wrote:

Tony, I just saw this post, so thanks bro! Im sorry I missed you while you were at the CAM convention a week or so ago! We'll definately have to make plans to hang out one of these days.

The reason I came back to this thread is to let everyone know, I now have a little mini creature shock in the works, for you to freak out all the girls with in your neighborhood, office, party etc. The creature control will work just slightly different, but basically the same type of effect only minature for close up. The creature that comes out will also be different.

P.
[/quote]

This sounds so good. Can we get a sneek peek on what it might look like? I allready want one.
[quote]
I now have a little mini creature shock in the works, for you to freak out all the girls with in your neighborhood, office, party etc.... The creature that comes out will also be different.
[/quote]

Sounds disturbingly like Steve Fearson's popcorn bucket.
Lol, yeah, ummm no!
[quote]

P.
[/quote]

This sounds awesome and so applicable to a wide range of presentations. Can you give us an idea on price yet?
I should have some details very soon!
The close up version sounds great!
Thanks David, I should have it finished in a couple of days with pricing and such also and will start to take orders then. Im liking my new creature I chose!

P.
Petter, when is soft coins coming out? on Tenyoelite.
I purchased this from Peter a few months back and have used it in over 80 library programs this summer. I produce a snake first which, believe it or not, is not that shocking to most of my audience as I am known for having snakes in my shows year after year. After the snake is produced I do a lot of comedy with a survey on different animals that the audience could choose to make magically appear out of the box. After going thru all the animals on the cards, I have a child come up and pick a card and after even more jokes, I finally have them llook at it (their expression is priceless) and then yell it out. Then more shock by me as the gorilla was not one of the choices we had previously discussed.

This takes several minutes and is so much fun to do and the gorilla has not even appeared yet! Once it does appear, all I can say is wow. Be ready for kids to jump back, get up and run to mom or dad, scream, cry out, etc. I have built my routine and reaction to keep kids from crying, because if you are not careful you can literally start the tears flowing with younger kids.

I knew this would be a strong routine but I had no idea just how strong the reactions would be. Just as fun though is how much comedy comes from the build up before the gorilla ever makes an appearance. Just a great unique approach to a production box.

As I mentioned, this was used in over 80 shows in June and July and will be used in programs all school year long as well. It is extremely well made and can take a beating and look just as good after a busy season of performing as when you started. I have used many, many production boxes to produce my snakes and none of them were this fun to use and the kicker ending just blows the competition out the park.

I give this a 10 out of 10 and highly recommend it to anyone using animal productions.
Great job Peter!
Chad
Hi Chad! Thanks for the great review! I love hearing from my customers!
Chad's a respected member here on The Café. That's an impressive review.
So Peter, for those of us who are not stage performers, can you give us an update on the close up version? No pressure...seriously. Just very curious.
Thanks.
I just got my Creature Shock in a few days ago. I can only echo all the other reviews here. This is a well built quality item. You can tell Peter cares what he puts out. What I really like about the box is how real the Gorilla arm looks. Very neat! What's even more impressive to me is the customer service you receive when dealing with Peter. What a super guy and most helpful in anyway he can be! Master of Illusions will be one of the first places I check if I ever want to purchase any Illusions. You can't go wrong!

Thanks Peter!!!!

RNK
You are welcome RNK, thanks for the review and thanks for the recent order of 3 illusions!

Its been an absolute hoot joking around with you too in all of our phone conversations! We seem to have much in common...lol!

Wizzard, I have already built the Micro version of creature shock. Actually here is picture of it that put on facebook. The door is not on yet though in the photo.

[img]http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/s720x720/181380_10150971449544124_287951237_n.jpg[/img]

This one shows it next to 2 regular sized Creature Shocks, I beleive it is around 6 inches square. Instead of a gorilla I had a small snake come out, and yet your hands can be seen outside the box while it animates. After testing it though, I wasn't getting as good of reactions as the larger Creature Shock, and I think its because the snake didn't look or act as real as the gorilla arm. So I have decided to change the creature to venomous jumping spider.

You will first open the box show it empty, then produce a large silk or spring flowers or sponge balls etc. Then when the second card is picked it will reveal venemous juming spider(or something to that effect), and then the door will open and inside filling the floor of the small box will be a hideous spider that will remain motionless at first, then suddenly spring out and jump a few inches out of the box and towards your spectator causing a scream for sure, and then automatically and instantly retract back inside the box, where you will quickly shut the door to contain the small and deadly beast. The box can then be shown empty again.

I am working on the idea of it also spitting venom(water). But not sure if I will be able to do that yet to be sure(waiting on part to arrive that I ordered to test it), it also could take away from the realism, But I won't be sure until I try it. Anyway, its well into development and won't be much longer. I have a new illusion that was invented by James Wiggs and Scott Emo that I am producing and that will be my company's next release(in the next couple of weeks) and this new illusion of theirs is a mind blower! Play s huge and packs small and will be very affordable at $365, but more on that later. Anyway after that illusion is released I will be putting out the "Spider in a Box"!

P.
Man Peter- you really are going to put me in greater debt! You have to stop! lol
This small box with the spider sounds awesome...especially since I will be using several REAL tarantula's in next year's show...

I think this may be a perfect routine about losing my "big" tarantula and then almost a look don't see type of thing and then BAM - it leaps out on someone!

Peter, we are really in sync here lately it would seem...

Can't wait to see the finished product.
Chad
Sounds Cool Chad!
Peter, that box looks awesome!!! Really magical, without looking tacky or overly designed. I look forward to watching this develop.
Peter is going to be the reason why I file for bankrupsy.:) Seriously, I debated between this and his Electronic Flash Box. I bought the Flash box, but will probably be ordering this soon too.:)
Here is my update, I have had this several months and used it many times and I am not gentle with it, I shake it like in the video and slam the door shut etc. and it has no signs of wear at all, it was made specifically to be used as a professional prop. So for the quality, it is far better than you can imagine, again, built/made to be used.
As for performance, it is amazingly simple to do, at first after receiving it I thought it would be awkward in the handling, but I found it to be just the opposite, it is all fluid logical motions that make sense to me as I perform and to spectators as they watch.
And for the reactions, the first time I did this, I heard many screams and laughter when the gorilla jumped out, but backing up, my first production is a dog, yes it is a stuffed animal as I perform where live animals are not allowed, but I forget where I read this next part, it is not my idea, I set the dog on a Lota Bowl and periodically pour out what he apparently left inside, it gets huge laughs.
So, quality, ease of use and reactions, all get a 10 out 10, worth every penny.
Wow thanks Dave!
After 80 library shows with this as the intro AND then the gorilla as the first full routine, it has now officially debuted in the first school program of the new school year and went over great - even better reactions than the library crowds! What's really fun is watching the older 3-5th graders scream over this. Hilarious and the teachers LOVE watching the kids jump.
Chad thanks for the wicked update! that's awesome!
OK, that does it...hearing that it makes 3rd thru 5th graders jump means I HAVE to get this. Schools are my main thing and using this on 3rd thru 5th graders is great as they love "shock" magic (non blood, etc) They love startling things like a snake basket and such, so Peter gets more of my money.:) Thanks a LOT Chad...:)
LOL, sorry Cris!
Hi Peter,

Sure, buddy, just keep right on laughing...to the bank.:)
You are most welcome Mr. Johnson, most welcome indeed. You will not be disappointed.
Well...It was my first show with the box they call creature shock..... I explained to the kids and the audience that this was my manifesto box. We can manifest or make appear any animal and I had them choose a card to see what animal we are going to manifest first. The little girl that chose the card was so excited her expressions were filled with such happiness. She chose the rabbit card. Low and B hold from my empty manifesto box was born a live rabbit (my buddy Sal). I told the kids we could do this again if you like and make another animal? I promised them they could see Sal at the end of the show. They we're all super excited and pleasantly agreed. Though, I told them we will have to do something with Sal we don't want him to get loose. I explained I have another box here we could put him in to keep him safe. I tried to proceed with the trick but I couldn't and told the kids that we couldn't leave Sal in that little box and that I feel bad. So I proceeded to turn the box around and wring Sal out FLAT out of my Rabbit Wringer Box. Well I'm sure you could imagine reactions and emotions after the live bunny rabbit Sal was squashed FLAT. I had to go through a reassurance period before continuing with manifesting another animal from my Manifesto Box. I had the girl beside the first super excited and happy girl who chose first select another card to see what animal we were going to manifest next. Well....She selected the Gorilla...My face turned white and the girls could see the anguish and uneasiness in my eyes. The two girls, knowing I was scared to death and telling them I couldn't believe the gorilla was chosen, leaped out of their seats while 1 jump into her grandma's arms the other ran to her mother only to be held and shielded from what was about to happen. I apprehensively walked over to the manifesto box slowly looking down at the box then looking up at the audience with a gaze in my eyes knowing not what to expect next. I unnervingly with my eyes as wide as quarters pick up the box. I had a chance to look up at the audience like it was going to be my last time that I would be able to fix my eyes on them again..... It what then at that instant the Manifesto Box begin shaking almost like tremors at first. Then the shaking became violent, so violent that it was all I could do to keep hold of the box! What seems like an eternity of shaking to me was probably only 5 to 10 seconds to them before the massive Gorilla tried to bust through the front of the box!! The adults stared in disbelief and the kids.......well, the mixed priceless looks on all their faces, from the quick glance I could muster up while trying to hold on to the box that had a huge Gorilla's ARM and HAND trying to rip my face off, were of concern, excitement and some well yes - just simply frightened. It was after and only after I was able to fight with the box and trap the gorillas hand with the boxes door all the while the box is being displayed from both sides that I was desperately holding onto and eventually strong arming shut containing the savage beast, that the audience and kids we're at ease again. I think everyone was so in shock they forgot about FLAT Sal. I had to remind that Sal was safe and wring FLAT Sal back through the Wringer Box and pull him out alive...... My friends....this is the CREATURE BOX!!!!!!!!!

RNK
That's awesome!
Hey Peter- great effect.

I know it is a touch off topic, but I wanted to talk about your branded bumper card or station ID as you called it. As a professional in the branding and advertising world, I agree that branding is essential to a successful business and that you've done a solid job of keeping your branding consistant and uniform. But considering that even in the big world of broadcast advertising a standard bumper or end card is less than 7 seconds long, I think your 30 second version could be edited down without compromising your brand's integrity and would create a more positive brand experience for those who engage with the plethora of video content you have available.

Okay I have giving you my unsolicited opinion, and you are more than welcome to ignore it (it certainly doesn't appear to be hurting business), but I thought you might like to know.

And that's one yo grow on. ;)
[quote]
On 2012-09-04 21:21, Peter Loughran wrote:
That's awesome!
[/quote]

Thanks! It was awesome....sorry for some of the grammatical errors. I was voice recording the text while driving. Now Peter, were is my Micro! The suspense of what that has in store for me is killing me!!!!! Lol

RNK
Spakkle666 thank you kindly for the suggestion.

RNK, lol, I know, it's actually done, just waiting on my seamstress to do the cloth! The Micro is shipping very soon.
Dammit, the more I hear about this, the more excited I get...am saving my pennies, Peter.:) LOVE LOVE LOVE your stuff...
[quote]
On 2012-09-05 22:42, Cris Johnson wrote:
Dammit, the more I hear about this, the more excited I get...am saving my pennies, Peter.:) LOVE LOVE LOVE your stuff...
[/quote]

Truly an awesome idea and a quality product!! Get it!!!!!
OK, I took the plunge. I can really picture this in my show. Funny plus dramatic. Getting ready to build some jumbo playing cards with the names of animals...
Thanks again for the order Bill.

P.
Hi All,

I'm building Jumbo Card Decks with animal names. They have a Bicycle back and glossy stenciled names on the front, clearly visible from stage.

PM me if you want one.

Best...
Peter thanks for the usual great service, received my package Yesterday!
@RNK,
Many thanks for the visual, I felt like I was there in the audience!
Your description makes [url=http://animatedconjurors.blogspot.com/2012/02/peter-loughrans-creature-shock-2012.html]Creature's Loose Clip[/url] even more relevant.

p.s. Bill Appleton never buys anything, so it's a huge endorsement if
he made this purchase...where's my checkbook?
[quote]
On 2012-09-19 23:07, Devious wrote:
[/quote]

Hey thanks D, I try to build my own equipment, but Peter has invented something quite unique here, so a purchase was the proper thing to do.

Spending my energy developing the ancillary props and a great routine in this case. :)
[quote]
On 2012-09-19 23:07, Devious wrote:
@RNK,
Many thanks for the visual, I felt like I was there in the audience!
Your description makes [url=http://animatedconjurors.blogspot.com/2012/02/peter-loughrans-creature-shock-2012.html]Creature's Loose Clip[/url] even more relevant.

[/quote]

Most welcome. I'm glad someone enjoyed it! lol!! I voice recorded it with some typing while driving! (I know, bad, bad.. SShhhh!!) Anyway I felt this prop deserved it. Such a nicely made prop that just is so much fun! Also, I will be posting a review for Peter's Micro Devils Reflection I received last week.....

RNK
Still working on a deck of jumbo cards for Creature Shock. Here is the list of the 50 animals I am using, all names are less than 8 letters, and none of the animals are dangerous except the Gorilla. The deck will also include all the popular production animals: Dove, Bunny, Skunk, Raccoon, Gerbil, Hamster, and Mouse. Hopefully this list can be of help to other Creature Shock enthusiasts! Let me know if you see anything missing.

http://www.dreamfactory.com/magic/animals.txt
http://www.dreamfactory.com/magic/animals.pdf

The PDF file has all the names layed out for a 5 x 7 print job.
I just ordered this today - Could not resist any longer. Peter's stuff is soooooooooooooooooo cool!
Newt's Cards has an animal deck which is beautiful. I would just order enough of them to get some force gorillas (one of the animals) and some other good forces (they have butterflies, fish, mice, rabbits, etc.)

http://www.newtscards.com/wild-seek-n-find-playing-cards.html
Here are some pictures from a show yesterday. The first card is for an insect like a Termite or Ant, I just do that to show the box empty. The next card is the Bunny, followed by the Gorilla. This is a great illusion for adults, I am using this also for family shows, and posted a review in The Little Darlings...

[img]http://www.dreamfactory.com/magic/shock0.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.dreamfactory.com/magic/shock1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.dreamfactory.com/magic/shock2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.dreamfactory.com/magic/shock3.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.dreamfactory.com/magic/shock4.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.dreamfactory.com/magic/shock5.jpg[/img]
Looks like it went great Bill!

RNK
GREAT pics!!

Mine should be here any day. question for those of you who have been using it...would you say it's a closer or more of a middle-er? I always think a live animal production is/can be an option for a closer, but with the shock of the gorilla arm, I'm also thinking this should not be a closer so as to not end the show with a "shock" like that. I know this illusion will be awesome -am just debating with myself where to put it in the lineup.:)
Thanks RNK, your advice was right on!

Hey Cris, I was not sure if the surprise here was goint to clear out the first three rows and make the little ones start crying. But RNK and I have had the same experience: it goes over great, everyone is laughing, this gets a big reaction.

However I think you are making a good point -- this is a trick that has backfired, and for me the "magician in trouble" thing works great, but this might not be the closer if you want to end on an "successful" note. Another issue for me is leaving Bunny cooped up too long. So I have been using this in position nymber 3 or 4 out of a 8 or 9 trick lineup.

Let us know how it works for you!
[quote]
On 2012-10-22 14:38, billappleton wrote:
Here are some pictures from a show yesterday. The first card is for an insect like a Termite or Ant, I just do that to show the box empty. The next card is the Bunny, followed by the Gorilla. This is a great illusion for adults, I am using this also for family shows, and posted a review in The Little Darlings...

[img]http://www.dreamfactory.com/magic/shock0.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.dreamfactory.com/magic/shock1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.dreamfactory.com/magic/shock2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.dreamfactory.com/magic/shock3.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.dreamfactory.com/magic/shock4.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.dreamfactory.com/magic/shock5.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
FABULOUS! I really was wondering what ideas would come from this clever device.
I also love the look of your other pieces of equipment in that striking red paint.
Thanks for sharing the pics Brother! Seeing them made my day amigo!
Right on Bill, it is an amazing effect, worth every Penney ,
Hey thanks everyone. I haven't been on the forums for a few days so Im just getting to see this. Great Pics Bill! Thanks for sharing! The kid clinging to the pole is hilarious! I'll be sure to check out your review in the other section of the Café! Thanks for all the feedback and ideas and reviews from all of you! And all of you have been a pleasure to build for!
I had a show last night at a daycare. So I contemplated on using "The Creature Shock". The kids ages ranged from 1 to 7, most were 3 to 5 years old. Well, I decided to go for it and boy am I glad I did! Yes, some of the kids ran screaming BUT.... after it was all said and done while I was letting the kids pet my re-appearing buddy Sal (bunny), most of the kids said, "Well... I want to see/pet the Gorilla"! I just wanted to share this and let you know- I don't think Creature Shock is an age dependent trick. This was proof for me. Creature Shock is a superb effect for ALL ages!

RNK
Want one of these bad. Saveing my dollers. When will the Creature shock mini be out?
My question as well? No pressure, as I rather have it done right, but the mini sounds way-cool.
Thanks for the story RNK.

I was hoping to have released it already, and Im still experimenting with a mini version. Also trying to solve the production cost issues. Making something smaller is not always less expensive to produce. In many cases it can actually increase production costs. I have 2 built now with 2 totaly different ways of making the spider animate, and the product has morphed into something quite different than creature shock as far as animation goes of the final production. However both conceptual boxes are very time consuming to build and take just as long in labor to produce as the original creature shock.

Ive had a few people Pm me thinking this was going to be a really inexpensive item compared to the original, but Im having great difficulty getting labor down without comprimising quality. So at this point I am unsure of how or when I will market the smaller version. I may just do a small collectors run of 12 units or something, or if I can offer it for a more general market price where it is still worth it for me to build, then I will offer them in a traditional format. I will release it, just cant comment on price or availabilty at the moment. I'll keep everyone who is interested as it progresses by posting in this thread.
Thanks Peter!
Creature Shock is a regular part of my show these days. I demonstrated this at our local magicians club and people really liked the effect. Someone pointed out that you could use plastic animals in a change bag for the selection. Someone else wondered if the force could be done with animal crackers. Great ideas all.

Also I have worked out a way for the prop to accommodate my big fat bunny with no problems. When the bunny appears she fills the box, this looks very magical. I can just door open and carefully take the bunny out with the audience staring into the empty box. You can see this method in action from my show pictures posted from earlier in the thread, look at frames 2 and 3, this is very clean. Owners PM me if you would like more information.
Hey guys. I have to share this. I'm not sure if I can link a photo from Facebook here, but I will try.

This is a custom creature shock I just finished for the Safari Greg Show, to look like a little shipping crate. I think it looks really cool.

http://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151589674039124&set=a.381519259123.162051.633534123&type=3&src=http%3A%2F%2Fsphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-ak-ash3%2F562052_10151589674039124_1047048377_n.jpg&size=720%2C960&refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fphoto.php&_rdr
As a new owner of "Creature Shock"... I must say that it is brilliant, deceptive, shocking, entertaining and ultimately charming.
A real illusion in a box and I am once again in awe of Peter Loughran for creating it.
Hey I just saw this, thanks Eddie G! You just made my day!

P.
I never seen a full video of this how rabbit appeared or so.
[quote]On Feb 20, 2016, sam2452 wrote:
I never seen a full video of this how rabbit appeared or so. [/quote]

There is plenty of room and the box is deceptive quite close.
I use a spring rabbit and then a spring skunk while each time showing the box empty before the large Gorilla outburst.
It shocks...as per the name.
So basically after you show the box empty ,, you close the box. the rabbit appear on the top of the box as you open the top lit more like mirror box to produce the rabbit?
This looks pretty interesting. Though, not entirely fooling till the very last bit. I wonder if there's a live performance video so we could see how audience react to it.
I used this for two years on the cruise ship shows on it was a huge and I mean huge hit with everyone! Kids and adults love it. This is an excellent prop. An that's what it is a prop. If you figure out a good story for it you will have a hit.

RNK