(Close Window)
Topic: AN rip-off?
Message: Posted by: Amirá (Feb 9, 2012 07:05PM)
http://www.theory11.com/wire/bedros--akkelian/sneak-peak/

Anyone has this?
I report this already to Millard.

Hoping that this isn't another one like the "Revelation Effect"
Message: Posted by: Prager (Feb 9, 2012 09:23PM)
Hi Pablo!

I have it and it is different to AN.
It is actually very clever, I have not seen something like this before.
Yes it is based on AN but it is different.
Message: Posted by: Tony Iacoviello (Feb 9, 2012 10:25PM)
It looks like AN from the demo.
Sorry Jose, your track record with such things does not inspire confidence in your statement.

I'll wait for an opinion from someone I trust.

Tony
Message: Posted by: Sean Giles (Feb 10, 2012 02:53AM)
I'll try to be cryptic as this is an open forum...

It has similarities to AN but is actually very different. Doesn't use any overlaps and the moment and action of the p**k is in no way similar. I can see that he probably developed it from using AN originally but has changed it almost beyond recognition. The only real similarity is the area of the b****t that is p****d at.

It's actually quite good too.

All the best
Sean
Message: Posted by: EricDraven (Feb 10, 2012 04:16AM)
Sounds like a good "new" peek


[quote]
On 2012-02-10 03:53, Sean Giles wrote:
I'll try to be cryptic as this is an open forum...

It has similarities to AN but is actually very different. Doesn't use any overlaps and the moment and action of the p**k is in no way similar. I can see that he probably developed it from using AN originally but has changed it almost beyond recognition. The only real similarity is the area of the b****t that is p****d at.

It's actually quite good too.

All the best
Sean
[/quote]
Message: Posted by: parmenion (Feb 10, 2012 05:09AM)
So, you're "in" :)
I don't have it also but it has some similarity with Nimrod's peek except you don't peek exactly in the same way, also with Nimrod's peek you don't have to move you fist like this
Anyway, his idea is interesting.
Message: Posted by: magicman29 (Feb 10, 2012 05:54AM)
[quote]
On 2012-02-09 23:25, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
It looks like AN from the demo.
Sorry Jose, your track record with such things does not inspire confidence in your statement.

I'll wait for an opinion from someone I trust.

Tony
[/quote]

That is fighting talk! :0
Message: Posted by: EricDraven (Feb 10, 2012 06:50AM)
[quote]
On 2012-02-10 06:54, magicman29 wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-02-09 23:25, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
It looks like AN from the demo.
Sorry Jose, your track record with such things does not inspire confidence in your statement.

I'll wait for an opinion from someone I trust.

Tony
[/quote]

That is fighting talk! :0
[/quote]

En garde... :)
Message: Posted by: JohnWells (Feb 10, 2012 11:47PM)
No, Mr. Prager has pubicly displayed a pattern of selling ideas which, though perhaps independently developed, are clearly represented in the published record, and with full knowledge has published them anyway in a breach of accepted ethics. More on point, he has pubicly accused others of ripping off the work of known mentalists without evidence, and his statements have been conclusively proven to be false. Unfortunately, however well intentioned he may claim to be, his open behavior on this forum has left with a less than desirable reputation in the matter of his trustworthiness. Mr. Prager may well take umbrage at Tony's observation, but fighting is not the appropriate response. He has an opportunity, over time, to repair the damage done to his own character by acknowledging his errors as errors, and not repeating them in the future.
Message: Posted by: Amirá (Feb 11, 2012 05:43AM)
Maybe can be different but any creator that thinks that the art and previous thinkers deserve respect, MUST credit classic authors and especially if he is teaching his VARIATION on a existing concept.

Some time ago I share in one of my books a half b***t p**k technique similar to Al Mann´s and Millard Longman´s techniques. I share my idea with Millard and I ask him for permission. He kindly agree.


Also in my opinion putting the b***t on the fist and do all that crazy moves arent an improvement at all.
Message: Posted by: JohnWells (Feb 11, 2012 05:46AM)
I wouldn't call it an AN ripoff exactly. Certainly, there are only so many possible ways to peek a quarter folded billet, and that this fellow has hit upon the most common one is no surprise. AN is a thing of beauty. This is ok. Nothing that hasn't been seen in the work of several others. I wouldn't call it a ripoff, but whether it warants release on itts own is subject to question. Watch the video and you will see the little touch he brings to the party. If a quarter turn counts as an impprovement, then this may be worth the money. As it is, Busch's work on the quarter fold billet is better to my mind.
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Feb 12, 2012 06:26AM)
I have to agree with Amirá that it looks fuuny to move your hand around like you just got stung by a bee. LOL

Ray
Message: Posted by: innercirclewannabe (Feb 12, 2012 02:13PM)
There is also no explanation as to why you would need to take the billet and hold it as if it were on fire, only to give it back again! Perhaps he gives ideas on the full DVD - but I think I'll pass....
Message: Posted by: Tony Razzano (Feb 12, 2012 05:28PM)
OK, guys, I don't know if I can technically call this a rip off, but it DOES push the envelope in my opinion.

Evidently the guy in the demo video does not have a whole lot of performing experience because you don't have to move your fist aropund like it is some monster attached to your arm. it would be best, I think to keep your fist slightly in motion at one point in the routine, but whay this guy does is way over the top and really unnecessary.

I find it hard to believe that the guys at Theory 11 are unfamiliar with AN, but they may be...I don't really know.

By the way, there is a second effect on the video called "Conexion", which is pretty good.
Message: Posted by: BSpideyA (Feb 12, 2012 07:04PM)
Hey guys!

I credited Nimrod in the description and mention AN in the explanation many times.

As for the movement of the arm, that was simply to peek at it 5 times as mentioned in the demo, in reality you need to peek at it once and that takes one very small movement. I do it many many times in the explanation and its CLEARLY a slight movement, I assumed any seasoned performer would be able to CLEARLY understand that the more exaggerated movement for the demo was exactly that, an exaggeration.

as for the T11 guys, Dan White is one of the guys who decides what goes on and Dan knows his peeks like CRAZY!

thanks for the praise to those of you who enjoyed it, as for the rest of you, hope you get some use out of it :)

thanks guys,
Spidey
Message: Posted by: Tony Iacoviello (Feb 12, 2012 07:15PM)
As for AN, did you follow Millard's simple rules of purchasing it snd asking if you can use it, crediting him and then sending him a copy?
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=398824&forum=15
Message: Posted by: BSpideyA (Feb 12, 2012 07:25PM)
Tony, the only relevance between my effect and AN is the area where the peek is written, the fold is different, the method of getting to it is different. This project was filmed by Wayne Houchin who DID have the permission to use AN for his Stigmata project, in filming he judged it was perfectly fine to use this and it isn't close enough to the AN to pursue formal rights, any mentalist or magician who has seen this believed the same.

In 2000, there was another one of my principles which uses the AN peak published in Magic Magazine in Expert Talk, (that might disprove Tony Bazzano's "evidence" that I don't have much performance experience) that principle DID use the AN peek and so, Josh just wrote about the principle without covering the peek,

This peek is totally different than AN, like I said the only thing it has in common is the area where the info is written. Most people who have seen me lecture this WERE fooled by it, and replaced AN by this in their act. I though a bunch of pro magicians would understand that this needs to be done within a certain context not just take it, flail your arm around and give it back.

thanks
Spidey
Message: Posted by: Tony Iacoviello (Feb 12, 2012 07:34PM)
Spidy,

His name is "Tony Razzano".
It's nice that you got Wayne Houchin's opinion, and he may be right. But shouldn't you "respectfully" have gone to the source?

Thank you for your reply,

Tony
Message: Posted by: Tony Razzano (Feb 12, 2012 07:59PM)
Spidey,

You could at least spell my name right.

I disagree with you and your associates and I stand by my opinions. And please notice that I presented no "evidence"...just opinions. If you disagree, that's fine.


By the way, did you notice that I said that your other effect was good?
Message: Posted by: BSpideyA (Feb 12, 2012 07:59PM)
Sorry about the misspelling of the name, didn't mean any disrespect by it, I'm just not wearing my contacts so I misread the name (sorry Tony)


To be perfectly honest, I was not aware that the rules of this particular move were this tight, I figured (like in most magic) crediting is enough, I once again remind you that the ONLY similarity here is where the information is written, I swear the fold is 10000%.

Besides in Mr. Longman's own words in the thread you posted there is a definition which goes like this: " any method that peeks the info on a folded billet without unfolding the billet is using a variation of Acidus Novus." By that definition my peak is NOT a variation of Acidus Novus. I would gladly explain why, but I'm sure you can appreciate my attempt to not give my technique away.

In my opinion, I just released a peek that I created and that has served me really well and has been a huge hit at my lectures, I did it the best way I know how to and that's that.

thanks
Spidey
Message: Posted by: Tony Razzano (Feb 12, 2012 08:02PM)
Apology accepted, Spidey. Thank you. Tell you what...why not get in touch with Millard and discuss it with him. That should settle everything.

And I really do like the other effect on the video.
Message: Posted by: BSpideyA (Feb 12, 2012 08:08PM)
"Evidently the guy in the demo video does not have a whole lot of performing experience"


ev·i·dent·ly (v-dnt-l, v-dntl)
adv.
According to the evidence available


that is not an opinion, it is an observation, and I don't just disagree, I have EVIDENCE of the opposite.

Not trying to start something man but making a bold statement like that is a bit of a low blow, there are ways to express your opinion of my style without blasting my experience as a performer, and also if you saw the download you KNOW I don't flail my arms around like that in the actual performance or in the explanation, which also has NOTHING to do with the peek itself. If a magician creates an amazing pass but wiggles his legs as he does it does the wiggling have anything to do with the pass itself? I appreciate your opinion but I feel like the delivery was a bit harsh... no hard feelings though, nothing but respect, and thanks for the kind words on connexion, I use it a lot and I'm glad you enjoyed it, hope it serves you well :)

thanks,
Spidey
Message: Posted by: BSpideyA (Feb 12, 2012 08:09PM)
Ya for sure, I should do that, anyone know how I could reach him? An e-mail or something?
thanks Tony, again I'm glad you enjoyed the second effect :)
Message: Posted by: Tony Iacoviello (Feb 12, 2012 08:16PM)
millard@psychic-skills.com
Message: Posted by: BSpideyA (Feb 12, 2012 08:23PM)
Thanks Tony :)

all the best!
Spidey
Message: Posted by: Amirá (Feb 12, 2012 08:30PM)
Still not convincing arguments to left proper crediting behind.

If you were working with Wayne Houchin, why he didn't point out that AN SHOULD be credited? That EVEN gave you more knowledge about the fact that p**k the lower right quarter of a bi**t isn't your original idea.
It was published in an old Al Mann publication from the 70´s.
Message: Posted by: Tony Iacoviello (Feb 12, 2012 08:40PM)
Pablo

He is contacting Millard. At least he is making the effort!

Tony
Message: Posted by: Amirá (Feb 12, 2012 08:46PM)
Well, hoping that all this gets in order.
I am a little disturbed to know that Theory11 guys will know billet techniques.
Message: Posted by: BSpideyA (Feb 12, 2012 09:01PM)
Theory11 guys knew about billet technique from Stigmata man, and Theory11 people are not aliens who have access to nothing other than T11, they can do their research.

Besides, I repeat! The ONLY similarity with AN is that the info is written in the bottom right corner, and we judged at the time that it isn't similar enough. It's like that line in the movie "The Social Network"; "a guy who makes a chair doesn't have to pay everyone who built a chair before him". And USUALLY in magic it's the same, people develop each others ideas and credit the original, Mr. Longman seems to be very specific about his idea and where it is allowed to appear, and even though I personally feel like my peek is VERY different than his, I will gladly discuss this with him.

thanks
Spidey
Message: Posted by: Amirá (Feb 12, 2012 09:06PM)
Of course that the CAN know, but they SHOULDNT. Most of the member of that community of guys are magicians or flourish machines (very cool indeed) but nothing related mentalism.

I will release my own billet sw**tch in a video for Ellusionist soon, in which the p**k is done while I make a Polynesia dance. Although isn't an improvement is a funny bit of misdirection.
Message: Posted by: Tony Iacoviello (Feb 12, 2012 09:18PM)
Pablo, I don't know where you're coming from.
Who are any of us to say what a person in the industry should not know as far as commercially available technique?
The more we all know, the more rounded we become.

Tony
Message: Posted by: BSpideyA (Feb 12, 2012 09:26PM)
Tony,

1000000% agreed! As long as the artist is sincere in his wishes to learn a technique and use it to improve the art we are no one to say who deserves to learn what. Thank you for being the voice of reason, it would have been very easy for you to rip a relatively new member and younger performer like me to threads, it is nice to know that you handle your influence with delicacy. :)

handled like a master!

Spidey
Message: Posted by: Amirá (Feb 12, 2012 09:26PM)
I imagine now a Youtube tutorial....
"Hello, I will teach you Spidey trick with a piece of paper..."

Acidus Novus DVD was placed with a high price at the beginning for a reason.
Message: Posted by: BSpideyA (Feb 12, 2012 10:37PM)
I have messages Mr.Longman,

thanks Tony,
Spidey
Message: Posted by: Tony Iacoviello (Feb 12, 2012 11:07PM)
Thank you!
Message: Posted by: Sean Giles (Feb 13, 2012 01:10AM)
[quote]
On 2012-02-12 22:26, Amirá wrote:
I imagine now a Youtube tutorial....
"Hello, I will teach you Spidey trick with a piece of paper..."

Acidus Novus DVD was placed with a high price at the beginning for a reason.
[/quote]

Well, I don't see anyone teaching any of your $10 tricks on YouTube so why should this be any different ;)

Also, there is no flailing the arms around in this, it's just a simple and small motivated action. Maybe not for everyone but very workable just the same.
Message: Posted by: JohnWells (Feb 13, 2012 01:22AM)
I'm not absolutely sure I buy the "nothing like AN" line. The fold is different, slightly, but the actual writing placement and, if you will, mechanism is the same. You've simply taken a step backwards so that instead of an open handling of the billet, it disappears into your fist...Barrie Richardson had an identical idea in print a decade ago. As I said, it's ok. The buy in is cheaper than other peeks. I guess that's a point in its favor...?
Message: Posted by: BSpideyA (Feb 13, 2012 04:39PM)
Hey guys so I wrote to Mr.Longman, he has seen the video and here are a few lines from is response, I hope this satisfies your inquiries

[...]Thank you for sending me the link to your video – I enjoyed your performances and explanations except for a couple of times when the filming over your shoulder actually filmed the back of your head.[...]

[...]Let me also state in advance of what you are about to read that you can have my permission to publish any variation of Acidus Novus that you wish to publish.[...]

[...[There are some nice advantages to your [...] method and I would be happy to explore these advantages with you, if you wish to.[...]

In between these lines he directly compares the two concepts, I removed anything that gives anything away about either method. He did show me some stuff that I did not know due to ignorance because I have been using my peek since time eternal and have learned the AN peek from an incomplete source. (my peek is actually based on a coin load, NOT the AN peek)

in either case, Mr.Longman was EXTREMELY gracious and kind, as you can see from the excerpts of our e-mail exchange, and we will now be discussing what sort of crediting he will be happy with, but he seems to enjoy my peek and has granted me full permission to teach it.

thank you to all those of you who remained gracious and classy in your inquires and to those of you who enjoyed my peek and backed me up.

Spidey
Message: Posted by: Amirá (Feb 13, 2012 05:23PM)
Glad to read that Spidey.

I had nothing against you personally and clearly my initial question has an answer now.

Best
Message: Posted by: Tony Iacoviello (Feb 14, 2012 08:00AM)
Spidy:

I'm so glad you contacted Millard, this speaks to the kind of person you are.

Thank you for following up and letting us know. I apologize for the distraction here; but through it, or because of it, you have made contact with Millard Longman, one of the nicest and most creative people in the industry.

Best to you,

Tony Iacoviello
Message: Posted by: BSpideyA (Feb 15, 2012 03:20AM)
Hey Tony!

Thanks for giving me his e-mail, and man, I'm VERY honoured that he liked my peek enough to grant me permission to publish any version of the Acidus Novus that I wish. Geez!

thanks for backing e up in here man! Hope to meet some day :)

Spidey
Message: Posted by: Waters (Feb 15, 2012 07:43AM)
Spidey,

I was interested to see what you had created, but I bought this due to your willingness to contact Millard. Kudos to you

With Regards,

Sean
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Feb 15, 2012 03:16PM)
[quote]
On 2012-02-15 08:43, Waters wrote:
Spidey,

I was interested to see what you had created, but I bought this due to your willingness to contact Millard. Kudos to you

With Regards,

Sean
[/quote]



Hi Sean,

So how do you like it?



Ray
Message: Posted by: Waters (Feb 15, 2012 03:58PM)
Ray,

I liked it. It is a handling of an AN-esque type thought acquisition method (read: It needed to be "sanctioned" by Millard). That said, the basic idea and handling thought were good. Without going into specifics, I will use the method in relaxed manner. My personal scripts for word revelations (my Manuchuran Candidate/ Freudian Slip) give a justified reason for filling the necessary spaces. Any more info would need to be discussed in Inner Thoughts. Maybe I should suffice it to say, his HAND-ling makes the work angle-proof.

Regards,

Sean
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Feb 15, 2012 04:30PM)
Sounds cool!



Ray
Message: Posted by: BSpideyA (Feb 15, 2012 08:50PM)
Hey Sean,

thanks for the review, glad you liked it :) I particularly like the part where you said the HAND-ling makes it angle proof....whatever do you mean? LOL

thanks man ;)
Spidey
Message: Posted by: Waters (Feb 15, 2012 09:44PM)
:)
Message: Posted by: StJohn (Feb 16, 2012 06:51PM)
[quote]
On 2012-02-13 18:23, Amirá wrote:
Glad to read that Spidey.

I had nothing against you personally and clearly my initial question has an answer now.

Best
[/quote]

Public forums are the best place to ask such questions. If you ask them in private no one has a chance to reach the wrong conclusion :)
Message: Posted by: Amirá (Feb 16, 2012 08:52PM)
It´s this product an AN rip-off?
No
It´s a variation technique to get the p**k from an AN bi**t?
Yes

Although nothing revolutionary,some interesting ideas and the "Conexion" effect is something very classic but with a good structure in my opinion.
Message: Posted by: rockbrunnen (Feb 17, 2012 05:54AM)
Just watch the video and I have to say I really like it!

Spidey explands two peeks. bubble peek and conexion.


>> bubble peek <<

Yes, it is obviously the variation of AN, but the way billet "opens" is very unique.

I watch the explanation and I really had to laugh. How didn't I think of this, after playing with billets for almost ten years!

I am sure I will use this peek. I like it very much.

>> conexion <<

This is very cleaver indeed!

If I will not use the entire routine, I definetly use some of the subtleties Spidey suggests.
These subtleties utilize the charactaristics of double blank cards.


I think both tricks are workers. I will definetly use both of them.

Rock
Message: Posted by: Philliparthur360 (Mar 23, 2012 06:29PM)
This peek will absolutely fool anyone you come into contact with. Nobody will get it. 100% amazing and beautiful. You will need to come up with a reason to hold it in your hand however. Buy it. For ten bucks this is the best freaking method and explanation ever! I've gotten so many gigs with this. I made back the money I paid for it in less than two days after I got it!
Message: Posted by: Dr. Eamon (Mar 23, 2012 07:25PM)
[quote]
On 2012-03-23 19:29, Philliparthur360 wrote:
This peek will absolutely fool anyone you come into contact with. Nobody will get it. 100% amazing and beautiful. You will need to come up with a reason to hold it in your hand however. Buy it. For ten bucks this is the best freaking method and explanation ever! I've gotten so many gigs with this. I made back the money I paid for it in less than two days after I got it!
[/quote]

I´m sorry P360 but that´s a very funny first post, especially the last two lines...
English is not my first language but reading it fast it looks like you make $5,00 a gig and just bought the most amazing thing ever...

Oh boy... YubTub here we go again...
Message: Posted by: ramsaymagic (Sep 8, 2012 06:00PM)
Have to agree, a nice variation on AN, great for more cover when needed. Recommended.
Message: Posted by: NYNick (Sep 12, 2012 07:49AM)
[quote]
On 2012-03-23 20:25, Dr. Eamon wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-03-23 19:29, Philliparthur360 wrote:
This peek will absolutely fool anyone you come into contact with. Nobody will get it. 100% amazing and beautiful. You will need to come up with a reason to hold it in your hand however. Buy it. For ten bucks this is the best freaking method and explanation ever! I've gotten so many gigs with this. I made back the money I paid for it in less than two days after I got it!
[/quote]

I´m sorry P360 but that´s a very funny first post, especially the last two lines...
English is not my first language but reading it fast it looks like you make $5,00 a gig and just bought the most amazing thing ever...

Oh boy... YubTub here we go again...
[/quote]

Yup sounds like an ad.Makes me sick.
Message: Posted by: BSpideyA (Mar 24, 2013 01:39AM)
Hey guys,

Im not sure what the implication is about P360's review, but I sincerely have no affiliation with him and I don't know who he is. HOWEVER, I would like to thank you, P360 for a great review. Seems like to these guys it kinda seemed like a sales pitch, but I appreciate your intent and thanks for sharing :)

Thanks to everyone who had nice things to say about this :) Glad you guys are enjoying it!
Message: Posted by: Dr Spektor (Mar 24, 2013 07:45AM)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KYsPtuBgCQ
Message: Posted by: Zombie Magic (Mar 27, 2013 05:59PM)
I'm a big fan of Bedros "Spidey" Akkelian and his Sneak Peek

A different trailer for Sneak Peek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zc7kkLOUVg

Spidey performing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ezvZ-NavCY

This man is a wonderful, engaging performer!
Message: Posted by: MindreaderDavid (Mar 28, 2013 12:43AM)
Well this thread looks like it got out of hand lol.

So I got the Sneak Peak. I think it's good and has its advantages (if someone challenges or surrounded), but I also think its unnecessary. If your presenting it right 90% of the time people won't challenge and disregard the writing as important, so I prefer AN to this actually because its more open, quicker, and because of that it takes the importance away from the b*llet. Not to take away from this, as its a useful tool to have for that off chance but I've yet to have ever needed it as even when I'm surrounded audience management make up for it.

To me, this falls in line with what I call "magical masterbation" (can I say that?) because most people would get it to fool their magic or mentalist buddies since its overkill otherwise. It just depends on who your performing for.

So it's a useful tool and not bad, its just unnecessary.

However, the effect he presents with the blank cards in the video I really enjoyed and think that was a wonderful addition to this video. I'd say the video is worth getting for $10 simply because of this added with the peak. I thought it was great.

And to Spidey, that YouTube video the person above me posted of you performing for that reporter lady I really enjoyed the arm part a lot. I think because its just such a "pure" moment and is one of those things where people watching it will most likely try it themselves at home and it will make them think of you. Ties in great with how emotions affect us.

Anyway it's good to meet you Spidey :)

Keep it up
Message: Posted by: Mark_Chandaue (Mar 28, 2013 04:19AM)
I got this but other than the drawing dupe used to demonstrate I didn't see any other effect on the video.
Message: Posted by: NeilS (Mar 28, 2013 03:23PM)
It is a shame this thread has such an off putting title. I've just watched Sneak Peek and tried it out. It is very deceptive and with a handling I have not seen before. For a sneaky peek, this has to be one of the best and one I'll definitely be using. All you need is a pen and business card and you're all set for a miracle - what more could you want!
Message: Posted by: Zombie Magic (Mar 28, 2013 09:13PM)
[quote]
On 2013-03-28 05:19, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
I got this but other than the drawing dupe used to demonstrate I didn't see any other effect on the video.
[/quote]

I don't see any other effect, either. Is there supposed to be one?
Message: Posted by: Darth_Prime (Mar 29, 2013 03:14AM)
This technique has been utilized prior
Message: Posted by: Mark_Chandaue (Mar 29, 2013 07:02AM)
[quote]
On 2013-03-28 22:13, Zombie Magic wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-03-28 05:19, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
I got this but other than the drawing dupe used to demonstrate I didn't see any other effect on the video.
[/quote]

I don't see any other effect, either. Is there supposed to be one?
[/quote]Apparently a devious little routine that will go right into your mentalism act. No disrespect to Spidey but I already have several drawing dupes that are superior to the one demonstrated to show the p**k.
Message: Posted by: Dr Spektor (Mar 29, 2013 08:19AM)
[quote]
On 2013-03-28 16:23, NeilS wrote:
It is a shame this thread has such an off putting title. I've just watched Sneak Peek and tried it out. It is very deceptive and with a handling I have not seen before. For a sneaky peek, this has to be one of the best and one I'll definitely be using. All you need is a pen and business card and you're all set for a miracle - what more could you want!
[/quote]

Indeed -the title choice is poor taste....it could have been - does anyone have info on this peek X? And in first post... How does it compare to AN?

IMHO
Message: Posted by: NeilS (Mar 29, 2013 09:06AM)
I prefer it to AN for two reasons. The folding is more straightforward and the actual peek is incredibly deceptive.
Message: Posted by: Sean Giles (Mar 29, 2013 09:39AM)
Neil,

I have a way of doing AN with business cards that needs no special folding at all. It also adds a nice touch to your cards. PM me if you like mate.

Best
Sean
Message: Posted by: TonyBrand (Mar 29, 2013 11:09AM)
I recently picked this up, mostly out of curiosity. I also think Spidey's a nice guy and handled this situation (and a similar past situation) with respect and class.

Back to Sneak Peek - based on the performance video and comments made on this thread, I had a feeling I knew what this was going in and I was partially right. Instead of a AN variation, I view it as more of a combination of methods. I won't mention which methods, in particular, as I wouldn't want to reveal too much.

The production quality is topnotch and Bedros does an excellent job of teaching the effect in addition to providing some subtleties.

Would I recommend this? That's hard to say. If you're not very familiar with billet work, Switchcraft would be a better investment. However, if you haven't quite found a peek you're comfortable with, Sneak Peek might be worth a look.

Up next: The good doctor's [b]Bill[/b]et tear.

-Tony
Message: Posted by: NeilS (Mar 29, 2013 01:17PM)
I performed Sneak Peek on my wife over lunch. Being the suspicious sort she watched me like a hawk and at the end concluded, 'I've no idea how you got that!'

It is rare for her to say that sort of thing.

Sean has also shared with me his idea for using his business card which again needs no special folding. This makes the whole process so much easier and also, as it is not pre-folded, less suspect. Thanks Sean - it is very neat, in more ways than one :)
Message: Posted by: Godzilla (Mar 29, 2013 05:53PM)
[quote]
On 2013-03-29 10:39, Sean Giles wrote:
Neil,

I have a way of doing AN with business cards that needs no special folding at all. It also adds a nice touch to your cards. PM me if you like mate.

Best
Sean


Shawn,put out a Pdf! :)
Agreed, on this thread...It would have been better to start differently!
Spidey,has been great through this!
Amira...shame/shame!
[/quote]
Message: Posted by: Sean Giles (Mar 29, 2013 07:16PM)
[quote]
On 2013-03-29 18:53, Godzilla wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-03-29 10:39, Sean Giles wrote:
Neil,

I have a way of doing AN with business cards that needs no special folding at all. It also adds a nice touch to your cards. PM me if you like mate.

Best
Sean
[/quote]


Shawn,put out a Pdf! :)

[/quote]

Lol. I'm happy to share stuff with the right people :)
Message: Posted by: Godzilla (Mar 29, 2013 07:37PM)
Sean,Oooops...sorry about the spelling of your name!
Message: Posted by: NeilS (Mar 30, 2013 04:28AM)
I think Spidey is a name to watch - I have also downloaded his Celebrity Match and Psycho and both are very practical, strong effects.
Message: Posted by: PhilDean (Mar 31, 2013 09:57AM)
I bought this. And I have to say it's a neat p**k. I can't say I'm going to use the method (I might if the situation calls for it) but Spidey explains it well and is obviously very good at this move. He performs it flawlessly. I'm a big fan of BS's and p**ks. I'm amassing a little collection at the moment and I'm glad I bought it as it's inspired me to come up with a sneaky move of my own. Rock on, Spiderman! :-D
Message: Posted by: Stephen Young (Apr 1, 2013 08:30AM)
Sean's idea he mentioned above is a nice touch, that has more than one benefit to the pro performer.

Thanks for sharing mate. You can go back in the shed anytime.

Steve
Message: Posted by: TonyBrand (Apr 1, 2013 08:17PM)
Wanted to publicly thank Sean for sharing his AN handling with me. Truly a gentleman [i]and[/i] a scholar! :)
Message: Posted by: Sean Giles (Apr 6, 2013 05:21AM)
Had quite a few people asking for my AN handling, which is fine if you're genuinely following the path.

Just note that I'm not sharing the method, and my addition will only make sense to owners of AN.

Best,
Sean
Message: Posted by: THB (Apr 7, 2013 01:06PM)
[quote]


By the way, there is a second effect on the video called "Conexion", which is pretty good.
[/quote]

If tony says, I listen,

so I plunged.

well the effect isn't there anymore. could spidey get back to us ( or to me at least) on that.

seeing the gentleman he has been on dealing with millard, I can only imagine that he will deal with this approproately also :)

Thanks
Message: Posted by: Mark_Chandaue (Apr 7, 2013 02:36PM)
Yes I'd like to know about the other effect as it was mentioned in the trailer and was part of the reason I purchased this.
Message: Posted by: Atticus R. Cane (Apr 7, 2013 10:44PM)
I recently purchased this and discovered that Connexion was no longer included in the video.

I contacted Spidey about it and to my understanding when Theory 11 reproduced the video they left out the second effect because it was unrelated to Sneak Thief.

Hopefully Theory 11 will re-release Connexion as a stand alone effect in the near future.

You know what? I'm actually going to send Theory 11 a request to do this.

Spidey is a great guy and I've enjoyed everything I've seen from him and I'm going to let them know I want to see more.

No hype, just the truth.

`JT
Message: Posted by: BSpideyA (Apr 8, 2013 03:05AM)
Hey guys!

sorry it took me so long to jump in here. I rarely check the Café... I need to change that habit, particularly when I re-release a confusing download lol

first of all, thank you to all of you who enjoyed my peek, or those who didn't see themselves using it but expressed this in a gracious way. Awesome! :D

NOW let's talk about CONNEXION!

For those of you who are confused by this "second effect" here is the story. Sneak peek was originally a download on the Wire including my billet peek and a routine with blank cards which uses another original peek within a very cool little mentalism effect which I use A LOOOOTTTT in close up situations.

The incredible success of the download made T11 want to refilm it with their guys and make it a T11 product, not a WIRE product. BUT since the fuss was MOSTLY about the peek (as beginners,which are a large part of their customer base WOULD find interessting) CONNEXION got lost somewhere in the shuffle, pun intended!

ALSO Connexion uses double blank cards which we know where to find but a lot of beginners don't. Therefore; connexion was not refilmed!

If anyone on here HAS sneak peek but the new, theory11 version, CONNEXION-less. Please please please PM me and I will send you connexion. Because most of you guys on here are working pros and the working pro WILL enjoy connexion (i hope)

So if that is the case, please PM me.

Atticus: I still encourage you to write to theory11 saying how much you enjoyed connexion :)

Thanks guys!
Spidey