(Close Window)
Topic: The Master Mind Reader's Workshop
When I did my guest stint here at the Café in November, I mentioned that Jheff and I would soon be opening my Master Mind Reader's Online Workshop and that I'd advise you when those interested could register.

The good news is that the workshop is now open. For a complete description, registration information, etc., go to

http://sites.google.com/site/jazzmentalism/

I look forward to seeing many of you there!

Good thoughts,

Bob
Awesome...you'll sure be seeing ME there,
Message: Posted by: innercirclewannabe (Feb 17, 2012 03:27PM)
Yes, this will be excellent.
The workshop is off to a good start. Keep in mind that when registration reaches 100 the doors will be closed and new admissions will be available only as openings become available. (This is to assure that I'm able to interact effectively with all of the participants.)

Best-

Bob
Message: Posted by: innercirclewannabe (Feb 17, 2012 03:51PM)
I subscribed tonight and it looks great. One of the really exciting aspects for me is the fact that you can ask questions directly to you & get the sage advice almost instantly.

IMHO - Can only help any aspiring performer out there.
I'm in!
I learned more from Bob in about two hours at a certain Irish pub in Vegas than I did from most of the books I've read.

Here's an opportunity to actually learn from one of the biggest names in mentalism for fifteen bucks a MONTH? Are you kidding me? How much would advice from this guy on YOUR show...or ideas on how to make your shows and routines better...be worth to you?

This is something the whole community should support. I am totally and completely IN.

David
Thanks David! Had some good talks in that pub!

I'm pleased with the way the workshop is shaping up. As I noted earlier, this will be limited to 100 members. After that memberships will be accepted only when openings are available. We are already about half full, so if you are interested in participating in this don't wait too long to register.

Good thoughts,

Bob
I was in the moment membership opened.

Fantastic!

We're in a great period for mentalism with a select few living legends making themselves and their ideas available on a limited basis. Bob's inclusion makes the list shine!
Thanks, Gary. I'm adding material to the workshop virtually every day in order to make this a valuable resource for all. I was glad to see that you had joined.

Best-

Bob
Having spent just one day in the workshop, I can tell you without a breath of hyperbole that I learned something that vastly improved my show.

Seriously. Get over there.

David
[quote]
On 2012-02-19 20:51, David Thiel wrote:
Having spent just one day in the workshop, I can tell you without a breath of hyperbole that I learned something that vastly improved my show.

David
[/quote]

David-

You didn't take my suggestion that you wear a clown nose seriously, did you?

:eek:

Only kidding. Glad to have been of help. That's what the workshop is all about.

Good thoughts,

Bob
Well...I figured you were kidding about the clown nose...probably.

Mostly I was thanking you for that other thing. The John Denver immitation. It freakin' killed them, man. By the time I was done with that routine I had the whole room to myself! Thank God I'm a Country Menalist was really clever.

Well...I thougtht so.

David
I've been getting some inquiries as to whether there are still spaces in the workshop and what's going on in the workshop that might attract them to join. First, we're at the halfway mark and when 100 folks have registered, we will close the doors and approve no more registrants. So there's still time to join now, but at the rate we're going we'll probably be full by the end of March. Second, I can't go into any more details as what goes inside the workshop, stays inside the workshop. However, I will note that workshop attendees will soon be getting an early peek at, and a discount for, Bob's new remote viewing e-book.

- Jheff
What is the format? Is it live sessions? Can they be later accessed?
What is the format? Is it live sessions? Can they be later accessed?
While live sessions are planned, the workshop is currently an intensive forum based project led by me (and Jheff) and broken down into very specific areas such as Act Structure, Stagecraft, New Routines, Cassidy Routines, Q&A, Book Tests, Openers, Closers, Works in Progress, Cards in Mentalism, etc., with additional areas opening as needed.

Good thoughts,

Bob
'There's a new kid in town', Bob. Joined, at last.
Glad to see you in the workshop Danyel!
I keep coming back here to check up on this thread...since I have no idea why the workshop isn't completely full by now. It really is one of the best buys available. Just think: if you get just ONE new idea per month... How about one new idea a WEEK???

There's a discussion on Q and A that will blow your mind going on right now.

Ten to fifteen bucks a MONTH???? How can you say "no?"

David
Signed up and looking forward to getting stuck it. I'd imagine it will be a great place to get creative juices flowing.

Cheers lads!

Pete
Just added a new area to the Workshop. "Ask Doctor Bob" - There's a lot of stuff in his head that he doesn't know is there until you ask him about it. :eek:
Please note that when registering for the workshop you must do so with your REAL NAME, first and last. It says this at the very top of the registration page, but nonetheless we are getting a few people applying with anonymous screen names. These will be rejected.

I am happy to share my secrets in the workshop. I don't believe it's unreasonable that I'd like to know who I'm sharing with.

Good thoughts,

Bob
I registered under the name Mike Ince because no one believes me when I use my legal name, Biff Wellington.
I would have believed you, Biff!

We're slowly approach the maximum number of participants that will be allowed. Glad you decided to join us.

Best-

Bob
[quote]
On 2012-03-03 02:28, Mike Ince wrote:
I registered under the name Mike Ince because no one believes me when I use my legal name, Biff Wellington.
[/quote]

Biff, so terribly good to learn that you're still among us. Will you be returning to the club sometime soon? If so, Blacktops after the 5:00 cannon are on my tab. Please give my best to Muffy. She was always a knock-out in pink and green!
Just added some new areas to the workshop together with a piece on the "Scorpio" approach to Q&A.
This is wonderfull just brilliant a workshop on line with you Bob is a dream come true and in the comfort of your home just love it.Congratulations looking forward to participating.
Bob, come to the UK

Nuff said.

Col
The workshop is simply amazing, it's ridonculous how much I have gleaned from it. Plus, I get to talk to Rev. Bob in my underwear. Wait, don't visualize that! Sigh... too late.
Thanks, Joe. Yes, the workshop is moving along nicely with new features, including personalized video reviews to come soon.

We also have several VIP's on board who are bringing interesting angles to the project.

Good thoughts,

Bob
Happy to announce that my cohort and compatriot Michael Weber is now a VIP and global moderator at the workshop.

Good thoughts,

Bob
Just a note to let you know that membership is still open for the workshop. I must say that I am very pleased so far with the way it is proceeding. For those members who haven't checked in over the last few days, more routines, scripts and ideas have appeared in the "Bob Cassidy's Original Effects" section and in other areas of the workshop.

Good thoughts,

Bob
Don't do it! It's awful! Money badly spent! One of the worst deals in mentalism! Cassidy's reached the point where he's ready to be left drooling at the race track!

There--that should scare the ba*t*rds off. Forget all this mentalists helping mentalists crap--certain things are just too good to share!!!
Thanks gmeister!

(Just added a forgotten magazine test gem to my effects section.)
Jheff and I are working to add bi-weekly audio chats to the workshop. These will essentially be mini-teleconferences in which all members will be able to participate. Workshop members should have received the following message regarding the test chat we will be carrying out today:

[quote]If you're not doing anything this Memorial Day (May 28) at 5 P.M. (Pacific Standard Time), Bob and I will be testing the new conference call site we'll be using for our chats. I expect that there may be a lot of "The shark is not working" type of comments from the two of us as we try out features (okay, that's a JAWS reference, if you're confused) and get ourselves comfortable with it.

For information on how to use, phone in, and log in to the conference, see the "Important Instructions" posted at the workshop.

- Jheff[/quote]

Some workshop memberships are still available. Information on how to join may be found in the link in my signature below.

Good thoughts,

Bob
For those still contemplating joining us at the workshop, the first of our bi-weekly on line audio chats will take place this Sunday, June 10. These are for members only. Details at the workshop.

Good thoughts,

Bob
Just a note to remind workshop participants that the second audio chat will take place TOMORROW at 5PM PST. As always, it will be available for download for members only.

Special announcement to non-members- Next week, on July 3, I will be doing a special chat that will be accessible by all of you who are wondering what the workshop is all about and will give you a sample of what we do. Details on how to log in will be published shortly and I'll provide them here.

Good thoughts,

Bob
Here's the information Jheff just send out regarding the FREE chat next week:

[quote]If you're not doing anything on July 3 around 5:00 PM (PST)
/ 8:00 PM (EST), Bob Cassidy and I will be holding a live
chat and we'd like to invite you to it, if you're free.

There are no catches, no extra fees, no service charges,
etc. It is, though, a preview of the chats that are now
held regularly for members of Bob Cassidy's Master Mentalism
Workshop, but you don't have to be a member and we won't be
automatically signing you up for it.

For about thirty minutes (or longer, as we can rarely keep
to the minimum of thirty minutes), Bob and I will chat and
take questions, comments, etc. on anything dealing with the
art of mentalism.

These chats do work a little bit differently than our normal
teleseminars. For international customers, you won't be
able to access the chat through the Internet, but you will
be able to access it through Skype. Details will be in the
instructional e-mail that will be sent out.

If you're interested, then use the link below to get more
details and to sign up for the event:
http://www.marketplaceofthemind.com/cassfreechat.html
[/quote]
The free chat is now online. You can listen to it at:

http://www.marketplaceofthemind.com/casschat0703.html

The chant will be online until August 12.

For further information about the workshop see the link in my signature below.

Good thoughts,

Bob
The next regularly scheduled chat at the workshop takes place on Thursday, August 2nd at 5:00 PM P.S.T.

To sign up for workshop membership use the link in my signature below.

Best-

Bob
I would say in complete sincerity that the things I have learned in this workshop have hugely increased the quality of my show. You get to learn common sense real world show changers from Bob which really is worth the subscription ten times over by itself. But you also access a very big brain trust that includes Craig Browning, Bill Cushman, Jheff and a number of other working pros and knowledgable hobbyists. The advice really is invaluable.

It is odd because you can go several days without really picking up anything. Then out of the blue there'll be a post that makes you go "Holy crap...that is gonna work."

There's an openness people have about sharing ideas and methods -- even fees. Where else on the web are you going to find that? It's a remarkable place. I am sitting in a hotel room in Whitehorse typing this fricking opus on my iPhone with one fricking finger fighting the stupid auto spell checker...whis is how you can know I am sincere. :)

Being in this Workshop is one of the best investments I've made in my act. Ever.
Thanks David. You've made some very valuable contributions yourself, you know!
I would just like to ad to this thread about this workshop. Do yourself a favor and have a peek. No one will notice, and it wont cost much. I enrolled with intent just to see what the 'fuss' was about. Im not leaving.

I wont say too much more just incase everyone comes knocking. I like the exclusivity of the workshop but felt the least I could do was pulicise my enthusiasm, at least here at the Café where you all offer so much.

- Dave.
It's been brought to my attention that some people have been unable to register for the workshop because they don't know the secret phrase. It is provided in the instructions at: https://sites.google.com/site/jazzmentalism/

Registrants are also asked to answer a few very simple questions about mentalism that none of you should have a problem with. Those are simply there to screen out people who have never heard of Annemann, Corinda, etc.

Note that the workshop link in my signature below also goes to the instruction page.

Good thoughts,

Bob
I was thinking the other day about how little fifteen bucks a month is when stacked up against the things I've learned already at the workship. Think about it: three months spent with Bob and a number of other pros kicking around methods and sharing concepts. Three months of getting great advice and sharing good information for less than $45?

Am I posting this to try to talk people into coming over? Of course. Why? Three reasons:

1) It's a great idea. A positive environment where people can just talk freely. Bob's there -- and so are a number of other performers with piles of real world experience. It's just one of those wonderful ideas and I think it's the responsibility of the community to support wonderful ideas.

2) It's a closed board -- so people talk very freely about what they're thinking and working on.

3) When the workshop does get full -- and it will -- there'll be 100 committed performers sharing all kinds of information.

I've been a member there since shortly after it opened and I'm telling you...promising you...that if you get your butt over there and participate, you will find something (maybe a LOT of somethings) that will make you a better performer and/or help you build a better show. Its money very well spent.

Why not just TRY it for one month? See if you like it. Risk a WHOLE fifteen bucks in something that could be a powerful addition to the way you make a living.

Seriously.

David
I am tempted...sounds like I'd learn a lot and have some fun along the way...
You'd like it very much Iain. I'd really like to see you there.

David
Let me just also echo what David has said: The Cassidy board is terrific. It's filled with performers and thinkers; people out there actually DOING something in our field. There is also a more open and sharing environment to really "get under the hood" and discuss mentalism methods, ideas, and effects, without worrying about public exposure - since it is not a public board. Also consider this: Imagine you always had Bob Cassidy patiently waiting for you on a bar tool at your local pub. Whenever you ran into issues, problems, roadblocks, etc, you can pull up a stool and ask Bob's advice on ANYTHING, and get an answer. That is what you get on the Cassidy board as well. Having a small admission fee in place, keeps out the idly curious, and almost acts as a pre-qualifier of sorts - so you know that only those who take this seriously are present and also tend to give a bit more, on the board. It is well worth the small admission fee. I blow more on Starbuck's lattes in a week, than this membership fee in a month.

For what it's worth -
Ben
We have recently received some applications to the workshop that we had to summarily reject because the applicants did not provided their first and last names as their usernames.

The application clearly states that this is required.

So if you received a rejection, don't take it personally. Just reapply and provide your full name.

There is no anonymity at the workshop. The reason is simple- we don't share with anonymous users.

Good thoughts,

Bob
That's one of the things I really like about the workshop. You always know who you are sharing or talking with. There's a real value to that kind of unrestricted interaction.

David
Just a note to workshop members who haven't checked in in the last few days. All of the chats we've done to date are available for download at the workshop. I've also just posted what I believe to be the best number total prediction I've every devised. And check the discussion of 4th Dimensional Telepathy for a special gift to workshop members.

Note that older chats will soon be deleted, so if you haven't heard them yet don't wait too long.

Good thoughts,

Bob
[quote]
On 2013-01-29 20:29, mastermindreader wrote:
Just a note to workshop members who haven't checked in in the last few days. All of the chats we've done to date are available for download at the workshop. [/quote]

For those of us that frequent the board and spend most of our time lurking, the Chats have been one of my favorite features! I am hoping for another one soon. I'd love to hear you and Jheff tackle "Impromptu" mentalism, something you covered well in an ebook. Maybe something along the lines of "What do I keep on my person for those impromptu moments" or "Let's come up with a 20 minute routine I can fit in my wallet"
Personally, I bought a cigarette case that holds billets, envelopes and some golf pencils. I mentioned on another board that I call it my "Cassidy Case". It is set up for Name/Place and 4DT. Sometimes a toss a n*** w***** in there, sometimes it goes in a single contact lens case on my keychain. A haunted key on my key chain completes my "20 minute act"