(Close Window)
Topic: 5 years of hypnosis
Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmusE7B2Mcg
Quite obnoxious, in my opinion.
Kyle Livingston,are you joking kid? The intro was quite offensive.
You lost your audio feed at the 3:16 mark.
100% dislikes lol

This sadly justifies everything MP Mindpro etc have said on this board. No respect whatsoever. I am waiting for the video which includes damage to the cervical spine. It looks imminent

Some of us are fighting for the respect of the stage only community. You are one of the reasons this is an uphill struggle.

I am genuinely disappointed

James Brown
Curious, am I "etc"?

Now I havn't watched it because his stated reason is to be a troll, but my point is that I do not lump everyone in together.

For example Richard Nongard has put out things with Cerbone about speed trance and things sort of like this and I respect them. For me at least it is individual.

Again don't forget this guys stated intention is to cause controversey and be a troll. Why let him>?
It's a shame the other thread got deleted, as dmkraig had a really decent post and was getting quite interesting. We finally get a decent conversation going and it gets deleted.
The kid is just learning obviously. He is looking for some form of validation from what he THINKS are his peers. I get that, it is just that he is doing it in a fairly obnoxious way.
This kid reminds me of the other self proclaimed guru...the purple shirt guy.
Yea this course should be put out pretty soon.

I mean if you told him that you don't have to keep shouting things at people, and if you just tell them what you want them to do you can completely forego the induction in the first place and it amounts to sketch comedy and not hypnosis he will be offended.

After all the word is "suggestion" now isn't it?

I was thankful for the loss of audio.

Now if he is looking to learn, and put it up for that purpose then cool. But somehow I do not get that feeling.

The dirty little secret is that anyone can induce trance on stage. Really we all know this is not the hard part. It is making it a show, and then making that show an experience where the know how comes in. When we first start we get confused.
But why is he "looking for some form of validation from what he THINKS are his peers"?

Yes it's nice to have and of course helpful etc but it doesn't get bookings and/or pay the bills.

Anyone can go out and get or not get bookings without knowing or being 'validated by' anyone else.

And of course, turning up and screaming for attention is not the way to get the validation he seeks. To say that he is here to cause controversy actually shows contempt for his peers, so why would he want validation from people he has contempt for?

He does remind me very much of the purple shirted one in his actions and complete self-love. Seems that he doesn't need or is looking for any validation from anyone. Just controversial self-promotion and "Look at me!"
To me his posts and videos are from a point of thinking he's hot stuff and bragging about what he and his little friends thinks is cool, when in reality, he's not and it's not. Then he gets called out on it and starts backpeddling with a story of he just posted to start some commotion, which also just proves the point of inexperience and lack of respect that everyone is easily pointing out.

That was one of my points in the post that got deleted after kraig's, is if he was sincerely interested in being critiqued or seeking feedback from others in the know or with more experience, his attitude and approach were terrible and showed lack of many things, most of respect for all of us as well as this forum. And please don't offer me the "he is young" justification, as we all were once and even today I work with many newbies and beginners that are much more responsible and mature in their approach and willingness to learn from those with more credibility and experience.

Yes, I agree, this is exactly like our one-shirt, purple wonder. Only his cronies and those under him that he bullies or with less experience than him think it's cool or impressive.
The video became unavailable yesterday and now the thread is completely gone today. You can always view his work on this thread: [url]http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=456085&forum=217[/url]
Seems to me there is a trend of over self-confidence and "self-love" as mentioned above being confused with fact and reality. This is the unfortunate result of new-fangled trainings that push the message of "confidence is all you need", "just go out there and do it today" and "don't let others tell you your wrong", etc. While these do have a place in trainings, we are now seeing the results of this false sense of belief, the actions it leads to and how it's no replacement for skill and knowledge.

The video should've been removed, but the posts, comments and feedback should've remained as there was a good conversation with many valid points being made.
[quote]
On 2012-03-02 11:07, Shrubsole wrote:
But why is he "looking for some form of validation from what he THINKS are his peers"?

Yes it's nice to have and of course helpful etc but it doesn't get bookings and/or pay the bills.

Anyone can go out and get or not get bookings without knowing or being 'validated by' anyone else.

And of course, turning up and screaming for attention is not the way to get the validation he seeks. To say that he is here to cause controversy actually shows contempt for his peers, so why would he want validation from people he has contempt for?

He does remind me very much of the purple shirted one in his actions and complete self-love. Seems that he doesn't need or is looking for any validation from anyone. Just controversial self-promotion and "Look at me!"
[/quote]
He is a self proclaimed troll. I have no idea what inspires his actions.
[quote]
On 2012-03-02 14:06, Dannydoyle wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-03-02 11:07, Shrubsole wrote:

[/quote]
He is a self proclaimed troll. I have no idea what inspires his actions.
[/quote]

I think it's along the lines of: "To Know me is to love me" or "It's only right to share myself with the world." :lol:

Living with him must be a delight! (English sarcasm)
Sadly cocky might be an understatement
5 years of hypnosis. You said elsewhere you are 19, implies you started performing with hypnosis when you were 14. How old were you in your first stage show (the one on the video)? Just curious.

Mindpro, any chance of some video of you doing stage hypno for comparison? I've got a friend coming to Vegas this month - do you perform in Vegas and if so where can my friend come to see you perform?

HK
[quote]
On 2012-03-03 00:22, nevarillusions wrote:
[/quote]

Yea and it is rare it is a good quality that will help you further your career or knowledge base. In general humble and willing to learn works much better.
[quote]
On 2012-03-03 00:22, nevarillusions wrote:
[/quote]

Never mind. I'm sure someone will take you seriously one day.

And given your age there is every induction that it's not a major character flaw but something you will eventually grow out of.

Why not come back when you do?
[quote]
On 2012-03-03 06:28, hypnokid wrote:
Mindpro, any chance of some video of you doing stage hypno for comparison? I've got a friend coming to Vegas this month - do you perform in Vegas and if so where can my friend come to see you perform?

HK
[/quote]

No, as I've stated here before I don't post video after having been ripped off and in litigation 6 times in 8 years. Yes, I'll be in Vegas until March 8th. My Spring tour begins March 9th and runs through June 14 (as of right now, some dates often seem to get added at the end if I don't go right into resort or fair/fest season). PM me for show times and locations if he'll be here before the 8th.
I watched the video, and as someone else noted, the sound dropped out about 2/3 of the way through. You need to re-do this with sound. Here are my comments.

About the introduction: This was an excruciating example of bad acting. By that I mean it was clear that you were either reading something or had something memorized. It sounded very fake and amateurish. You need to take a class or two in acting or public speaking. Even if it's words you've memorized, you need to speak from the heart, not from rote memory.

Concerning the "this is trance" section: After talking about doing shows, we're suddenly in someone's dining room showing an elderly gentleman with a limp wrist. This was a complete non sequitur. Why the dining room rather than a show? You should delete this section as it is jarring and out of place.

Concerning the inductions: Some of them looked brutal, as if you were slapping them on the back of their heads. Horrible. "Yes! Come up on stage so I can slap your head!" Now, I realize that you weren't actually wacking people on the heads, but what you are doing isn't as important as what you look like you are doing. My guess is that you've never had anyone with any actual stage experience or stage hypnosis experience actually review your show and give your constructive criticism. By use of your body language you can get the same result without it looking like you're wacking people on the head.

Moving to the skits: In this section you show a complete lack of understanding of stage hypnosis. You're giving a "Look at me and what I can make these idiots do" show instead of a "Let's give a hand to these stars who are having such a great time" show.

The key to giving a good show (in spite of what a certain ML sold as instructions) is for the hypnotist to get out of the way and let the stars--the volunteers--entertain. You were constantly in between the audience and the actors. Your pacing put the attention on you rather than the actors. You frequently had your back to the audience--bad blocking. You were constantly raving at the actors instead of giving them the chance to act.

My analysis. Hypnosis is easy to do. Putting on a good show with hypnosis is not that easy to do. You can clearly hypnotize. You also have the guts to give a show. That's great. I have no doubt that if you received training in acting, body language, blocking, and stage presence, combined with the courage to let your actors act instead of pacing like a jaguar locked in a small cage while constantly giving patter, you could be quite good.

Did you notice that the audience was becoming bored? Did you notice that while your actors were responding to your suggestions they weren't responding in a large way? Take, for example, the body building skit. You could have made suggestions that would have resulted in greater activity by your actors and indicated which ones were the stars. For example, all you would have needed to say was that this was a body building competition, and the best body builder would win $10,000. Direct the posing (as you did), but then tell the actors that they have to show off to the people scoring and prevent the others from doing better than you (without touching). Then you shut up, get out of the way, and give them a chance to act.

Part of the goal of a good hypnosis show is to turn everyday people into stars of the show. You prevented them from doing this. You got in their way. I saw no indication that you have done any analysis of your performances at all.

So my suggestions:
Get training in acting, stage presence, etc.
Learn about body language so the audience won't think you're wacking people on the head
Make videos of your performances and analyze them.
Instead of pacing between the actors and audience move to the side.
Give your suggestions then shut up and let the actors become stars.

I think you have the makings of a good hypnotist. You have some of the basics. But you still need lots of work and understanding of what is going on in a hypnosis show. It's not about you. It's about the actors having a great time as they become stars. Do that and the audience will love you, the actors will love you, and everyone will remember you.
Very good critique, but again, this should all be first year stuff. To boast about 5 years, this is embarrassing and disappointing at best. I certainly wouldn't be bragging about it. This is why a mentor or education is so crucial, because if you develop bad or improper habits from the beginning without the education or person to point out the problem areas, errors, potential dangers, and those bad habits, the performer will simply continue doing and instilling the same bad habits, often getting worse.

The other point is what I've said all along. Even if someone takes the time to learn hypnosis properly, that does not make you an entertainer. Being a performing hypnotist is comprised of two elements - the hypnosis, and being entertaining.

Years ago I was part of an improv and standup comedy group. Before graduation from this training you had to be able to go up on stage without any content or material - no hypnosis, no jokes, no stories, no pre-planned material of any kind. You had to start with the sentence "Hi, my name is _____________ and I am an entertainer..." And you had to entertain the crowd without any material of any kind for at least 15 minutes. Just you and your personality, that's it. Then at the end the audience of just lay people off of the street had to rate and critique you. You had to score a 7 or above out of 10 to graduate. You were allowed to take this "final" up to three times before failing.

I strongly believe that about 90% of entertainers today could not do this. My point in the story is that you have to be an entertainer FIRST, then the means - hypnosis, magic, mentalism, comedian, storyteller, etc.

This is why so many stage hypnotists, street hypnotists and magicians today are terrible. The magicians rely almost 100% on their tricks and effects. They (the tricks) define their show. There are some exceptions, but most would fall in this category. Same for performing hypnotists.I learned this because for my many years in live radio and it also served me well in live performances as well.

It is about being an entertainer, with hypnosis.
Yea hypnosis is easy in truth. Entertaining is hard.

Heck magic is easy. But entertaining is hard.

Was nice to here some actual advice thanks
This actually isn't my induction I use to date this is all footage from years back, since then I've worked with some the most experianced hypnotist alive

But I was just trying to montache it together apparently not so well I'm learning
And I'm working with a good theater producer friend from the US on acting I currently do hypnotherapy with

but in the long run what's your fav induction I use one I created which has headed approval from much more advanced hypnotist I know?!?
Anyone who has been trained in hypnosis or has worked with hypnosis knows that one size does NOT fit all. Choice of induction will depend upon the group, the individual, the culture, etc.
[quote]
On 2012-03-03 18:26, nevarillusions wrote:

"since then I've worked with some the most experianced hypnotist alive"
[/quote]

Cool! Who are these hypnotists that you have worked with?
I've opened for
Dave curran
& one of my top idols has to be Justin tranz, I was lucky enough to learn from him

I've taken advice from many hypnotist including Anthony jacquin, Marc savard along with every book and video from Richard bandler, Elman ect more then I can remember
Also have learned inductions not menchined or used in our culture
ive seen open heart surgery under hypnosis with no meds, all the way to the god experiance achieved through it
Hypnosis is amazing to me as it has so much to do with sociology and our conscious but sadly we've just skimmed the surface of understanding when it comes to our consciousness and how to influence the fireing of chemicals & neurons
Those are the most experienced hypnotists alive? Good to know.
Idk I'm sure there's more experiance but in my opinion
Some have made millions off there work and Justin tranz had the longest running hypnosis show in Vegas

They got the business behind the trade and they def got the skill set so....
Richard Bandler being the co founder of NLP that guy has some amazing knowledge in the field of sociology and hypnosis
Uh huh.
Simmer down there Danny-boy. Dave Curran IS the most experienced and talented hypnotist alive. He's also strikingly handsome too I must admit. Did I mention how dreamy he is?
[quote]
On 2012-03-03 18:26, nevarillusions wrote:

Was nice to here some actual advice thanks
This actually isn't my induction I use to date this is all footage from years back, since then I've worked with some the most experianced hypnotist alive ...
[/quote]

Then I'm a bit confused. Why do you think we're going to "enjoy" something that is not a good example, is from years ago, that you don't do anymore, without any sort of information? If you had shown that video combined with a current video it's quite likely that we would have seen your progress and improvement.

C'mon, dude! Use your head a bit. What were you expecting? Do you really think people would compliment you and enjoy seeing copies of your old math tests where you got 50% wrong? No, they would tell you what was wrong and advise you to get some more training, just as people here have done.
[quote]
On 2012-03-05 14:42, RSD wrote:
Simmer down there Danny-boy. Dave Curran IS the most experienced and talented hypnotist alive. He's also strikingly handsome too I must admit. Did I mention how dreamy he is?
[/quote]

He is. What did I say to contradict that?
[quote]
On 2012-03-05 11:18, nevarillusions wrote:
Justin tranz, I was lucky enough to learn from him
Justin tranz had the longest running hypnosis show in Vegas
[/quote]

The first rule of learning is not to believe all the hype and everything you read. Justin has not had the longest running show in Las Vegas.
You actually took Justin's training and were trained by him, is this correct?
And by Dave Curran?
Ummmm. Michael Johns has actually had the longest running show in Vegas. And non-continuous, would be Terry Stokes.
Brush up on your Vegas show history.
Dr. Naughty, the deceased one, probaly had the second longest running show in Vegas.
Perhaps then Terry Stokes
Followed by Scott Lewis, and then maybe (depending on how you count it) Marshall Sylver
Ahhh yes the "Dread Pirate Naughty". (A Princes Bride reference for those not understanding what I mean.)

A bit of Vegas history would have been in order prior to the post I must agree.
My name is Inigo Mantoya... You killed my father... Prepare to die!
Stop saying that!
Inconceivable!

Posted: Mar 6, 2012 4:44am
I realise we may have lost many of the members on here
Not me, it was one of my favorite movies.
@ Nongard1
I have your DVDs aswell very good thanks
They were some of the first ones I watched
Justin tranz he changed his site so it's not on there anymore as I believe that use to be one of his quotes
http://www.justintranz.com/
Doesn't exactly make it the truth does it?

So tell us more about your studies and how they went. I am facinated.
Yes, I'm still trying to establish that he was actually trained by Justin and has taken his training. Something's not making sense here.
Idk what's to prove I paid Justin I learned some business behind the trade lol
And as for my education what's to know, hypnosis be hypnosis not much has unfortunately changed in the field except for way we knock people into trance and implant suggestions so I've started learning sociology and phsychology to continue expanding my knowledge
Oh boy... I guess this goes to prove you get what you pay for (or not). Nice attitude and approach to our profession. This shows in your work. I'm still not buying you actually took Justin's trainings. At best a slight paid consultation,m but Justin is better than that, and it world show in your work. Nothing to prove, we're just looking for some background and facts, plain and simple. Remember, you barged in here, we're just trying to know who and what we're dealing with.

BTW, we don't "knock people into trance and implant suggestions". Stick to your magic, it may be safer for the world.
What did Justin teach you nevarillusions?
The link to the youtube video is not working. ?

Regards
Myke
Your lucky you didn't get to see it.

Tell us more about your mentors Justin and Dave.
[quote]
On 2012-03-06 18:41, Dannydoyle wrote:
Your lucky you didn't get to see it.
[/quote]
Lol. It can't have been that bad, coult it?

Myke
Your new here arren't you? OF COURSE IT CAN BE THAT BAD!
Not new!

I don't believe. I gotta see... ;)

Myke
To be fair I have seen worse.

I would still love to hear more stories about learning from Dave Curran and Justin Tranz. I bet that was an amazing experience.
Hi, can people tell me how to "knock people into trance"? Only I'm a 6 year old who wants to take over the world.

Mawwwwwwwwwwh!

I've completely watched the "Zap" DVD if that helps?
[quote]On 2012-03-05 11:14, Dannydoyle wrote:
Those are the most experienced hypnotists alive? Good to know.[/quote]
Danny: don't you know an experienced hypnotist? I thought that I recalled that you did.
Yea I have indeed run into a couple.
;)
[quote]
On 2012-03-09 23:35, Dannydoyle wrote:
Yea I have indeed run into a couple.
[/quote]
I know some people who, after seeing a show, would like to get into their cars and run into a couple of supposed hypnotists, too!
Remeber this kid...

This is what he is up to now...

https://historyofmagic.com/

"REVEALING MAGIC'S BIGGEST SECRETS"
No I don't remember him and this qualifies as a big who cares?