(Close Window)
Topic: If you could only go to one convention...
You know, with so many [i]"If you could only do one trick for the rest for your life?"[/i] kind of threads, why not have one for conventions?

If you could only go to one- but you get to go every year, which one would it be?
Abbotts Magic Get Together
Gee, we didn't see that one coming...
The F.F.F.F. Close up magic Con. :)
Magic Live.
Magic Live...as long as Jamie has the same booth set up as last time.
PCAM!
MINDvention. I've been to many others including the ones listed above and this is the best. Optimum size and ability to interact with THE workers. Good lectures and even better sessions in the pub.

Ted
I'm pretty biased myself but I would have to say the Winter Carnival of Magic. I've been a part of this convention for 35 out of 38 years and we have a great group of people that attend year after year. You have to have great shows, lectures, dealers, etc. but it's the people who attend that make a convention. (We just finished the 2012 Winter Carnival of Magic and it went really well.)
MITR (Magic In the Rockies).
[quote]
On 2012-03-13 00:51, Michael Messing wrote:
I'm pretty biased myself but I would have to say the Winter Carnival of Magic. I've been a part of this convention for 35 out of 38 years and we have a great group of people that attend year after year. You have to have great shows, lectures, dealers, etc. but it's the people who attend that make a convention. (We just finished the 2012 Winter Carnival of Magic and it went really well.)
[/quote]
I'm with you Michael. I would have said a tie between Winter Carnival and Magi-Fest, but alas, they have decided to close Magi-Fest for good, so for me, it's Winter Carnival.
Message: Posted by: MistressOfCeremonies (Mar 14, 2012 07:15AM)
Abbotts because its the only convention within a days drive of my home
Kidabra International because it focuses on family and kid entertainment, which is what I do. There is no other convention or conference like it here in the USA.
Kutztown, PA is easily the best bang for the buck for a one day magic convention. They usually have four big name acts, and an all you can eat dinner.
Kramien's Magic Jamboree. Sadly though this is its final year as well.

So from now on my favorite convention is any one that will hire me to speak, lecture or perform at it :)
I agree with Mike Messing , you missed the best convention last weekend < Winter Carnival of Magic, year in and year out ,the best on all aspects , Magic, lectures , dealers, shows, lodging, food

Posted: Mar 14, 2012 11:37am
Not to mention the theater and stage where everything takes place , is by far the best around, trust me on this one ,
And I agree with David. 4F is such an incredible gathering of many of the world's best close-up magicians. It's an amazing three days.
I'm for Magic at the Beach in Myrtle Beach, SC! It's a fantastic convention for only having been around for 3 years!
Magic Week In Colon....cannot be beat!
Hay Steve Thanks man Hope to see you there!!! :)
Cavalcade of Magic in Eureka Springs, AR. Terrific little convention in a great little resort town.

Murf
Midwest Magic Jubilee in St Louis, MO. There is so much stuff packed into a weekend. Best bang for the buck.

Chas
[quote]
On 2012-03-12 09:06, tgplano wrote:
MINDvention. I've been to many others including the ones listed above and this is the best. Optimum size and ability to interact with THE workers. Good lectures and even better sessions in the pub.

Ted
[/quote]

Thanks Ted... looking forward to seeing you again in November!
Kutztown
Oddly enough, my two favorite all time annual magic conventions are in the same week this year! So I will be starting out at the FCM convention in Marion, Indiana this Sunday (www.fcm.org), then driving over to Abbott's/FAB/Colon next Wednesday night. What a Magic Week this will be! The President of the FCM Del Wilson is also planning on coming over to Colon on Saturday (the FCM convention concludes Friday night).