(Close Window)
Topic: Practical Magic
Hello everyone, I am currently working on my first magic essay and lecture notes. When it is finished would some volunteers from the Café please proof read it and tell me what you think? Im not selling it or anything, I just want to give it out for the world of magic to read.

Thank you
I'd be more than happy to proof read, digest, and offer my opinion on your work.
I'll take a look at it. Is it true that you lie to your fiance? Why did you write that and why be so hard on yourself?

Anabelle :giving:
Greetings and Salutations Twisted,

Depending on your deadlines, I'll give it a once over for you.

Joe in KC

Live a great adventure, make magic happen!
Hello Twisted,

That is a good start. Let me tell you another way. Record yourself on video at a party. It does not have to be an expensive recording. When it's done, show the tape to other magicians who are professional. This way you will get better feed back not just on the words but your character and showmanship as well.

And try joining a magic club in your area so thet can watch you too.
I'll be happy to go over it for you, content-wise, pm me
No problem if you are still looking for opitions, Let me know. :readingbook:
Here is the thing - Im having some trouble writing- I have created many new principles to magic that I want to teach, however, I am worried about exposure- I know the magicians in the Café would greatly appreciate these new techniues but I'm confused by how far I can go.
I would ask Peter Marucci and Scott Guinn to take a look.
Good choices Redstreak, and you can also pretty much count on most of the "regulars" here at the Magic Café to give you a fair and honest assessment.

Definitley do not ask 50 people (even the best people) to review it. If you do that, then you have to sort through all of the reviews and most of them will likely be substantially the same - if they are knowledgeable profesional magicians.

But just pick a couple of them that you trust and respect, and you can be sure they will be honest, and not willing to risk their reputations by ripping you off.

BroDavid
I'm happy to offer any thoughts that may come if they are needed?

Luke Jermay.
I agree with Brother David. Pick 1 or 2 people you trust and go with them.