(Close Window)
Topic: Mental-Voyage Dreamweaver card
I just got an email from Paul regarding this new card. With the few pieces that deal with entering dreams in Mentalism, it looks like it will be a great addition. I'm curious does anyone know any more about this item? Or just what is on the website? I am hoping to know a bit more before I pull the trigger.

Thanks
Agree with you, Walter. Paul produces some lovely stuff. I'm sure I'll go with this but a tad more info would be helpful.
Love the way it sounds right up my alley.I have bought many product from Paul and never have I been dissapointed with any of the products.I use his cards everywhere I go and get strong reactions they are Just great.Just orderd it will let you know but I can tell you This one sounds like a real winner.
I agree. And I love the premise of using dreams for the revelation and perhaps into a reading. Order is isn.
Paul's work is remarkable. I love this idea. I've ordered it.

David
Just put my order in as well. Every release of Paul's has employed some very clever principles as well as being practical. I am looking forward to this one.

Neil
You guys are gonna love this! It's my favorite "Carnazzo" wallet card.
[quote]
On 2012-03-29 19:10, WDavis wrote:
I just got an email from Paul regarding this new card. With the few pieces that deal with entering dreams in Mentalism, it looks like it will be a great addition. I'm curious does anyone know any more about this item? Or just what is on the website? I am hoping to know a bit more before I pull the trigger.

Thanks
[/quote]

Pull the PayPal trigger. Everything Paul puts out is "gold".

Gerry
Thanks for the kind words everyone!

"Dreamweaver" is still available at the introductory price, and a description can be found here:

http://www.mentalvoyage.com/index_files/dreamweaver.htm
Just got mine one word great.I love it Paul it's just killer will be using this everyday a real winner.I highly reccomend this it's the perfect gem in your wallet anywhere anytime with powerfull results.This is a Bargain Just buy it.
If you're familiar with Paul's work, this will bring a big smile to your face as soon as you look at the card. If you're not familiar with his work, then you'll have to read the manuscript first, but the big smile will definitely happen. I haven't tried this yet since I just received it today, but even so, I have no problem calling it a winner. The method is strong and deceptive, and the theme is deeply personal and meaningful. There are several different presentation ideas included, all of them useful depending on your circumstances and approach. And there's plenty of room to make up your own angle and/or combine this with other dream-themed work. Presented well, this has the potential to be a seriously powerful routine.

More good news: the card itself has been upgraded. While Paul's previous wallet cards have been laminated card stock, this one is plastic with rounded corners. It's sturdy, durable, and breeze to get in and out of your wallet.

Full disclosure: I received this gratis. Paul did not ask or imply that I should say nice things about it in return, because A) he's not that kind of guy, and B) even if he were, he knows I wouldn't do that if I didn't think it was good. Fortunately, it is. Had I paid full price for it, I would be just as happy with it.
The method is cleverly disguised and the premise is great! I don't do "pocket/wallet" mentalism except for Paul's stuff, and this is my favorite so far.
Paul, shouldn't we work on a German edition?? At least the card? Jan
Order in...Quinn's fault ;-)

Look forward to this...

Dr T
Paul's stuff is great, and I'm sure this will be no exception.

Bryn
Just received this. As with all Paul's releases, the beauty is in the detail and with the instructions comprehensive and card superbly designed. A deceptive masterpiece.

Neil
Quinn,

Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts! Your opinion means a lot!

Thanks to everyone else as well for the kind words!

I should note that Mental Voyage is having a contest and giving away 2 Dreamweaver cards! Got the the Mental Voyage Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/MentalVoyage

Be sure to "LIKE" the page and follow the instructions there to enter the contest.

Good luck!
I received this last week from Paul and during this time have been working out a performance handling that fits me. I decided upon using the idea of rooms. I start with them having the room as absent of color then as they explore the room picking up abstract thoughts and images they will find their word, the moment they do the room comes more into focus and becomes the color of the word. then their room becomes the complete color except for a door which is without color. then as they enter into the same room again without color, and must search again for the word and the moment they do the room becomes the new color they look around again and continue the process yet again.

I like the idea of using doors and objects to color and the twilight zone aspect of reentering the same room and searching for the same thing only to have it in a different color. It fits me.

I hope those that have what I wrote can grasp what I mean and are able to apply the presentational idea into their own works.

Paul thank you I like this alot. It's in my wallet now :)
Walter
Just received mine. It's in my wallet already. What more can I say!

Intend to use this more as a reading rather than as a straight mentalism piece.
Just hit the PayPal button

Always been pleased with the Cards Paul puts out

Looking forward to his latest
This is very definitely the best of the cards - better card stock, sized better for any wallet and much more deceptive than the others and an intesting selection of dream words to say the least.
[quote]
On 2012-04-10 22:58, WDavis wrote:
I received this last week from Paul and during this time have been working out a performance handling that fits me. I decided upon using the idea of rooms. I start with them having the room as absent of color then as they explore the room picking up abstract thoughts and images they will find their word, the moment they do the room comes more into focus and becomes the color of the word. then their room becomes the complete color except for a door which is without color. then as they enter into the same room again without color, and must search again for the word and the moment they do the room becomes the new color they look around again and continue the process yet again.

I like the idea of using doors and objects to color and the twilight zone aspect of reentering the same room and searching for the same thing only to have it in a different color. It fits me.

I hope those that have what I wrote can grasp what I mean and are able to apply the presentational idea into their own works.

Paul thank you I like this alot. It's in my wallet now :)
Walter
[/quote]

I really like your presentation Walter....
I agree. Walter's hit on a really good presentational idea. However what strikes me about Dreamweaver are the possibilities it opens ie predictions, readings + colour analysis etc
Neil you are 100% correct.
The best part about the reading presenting is how simple it can be done. Have a sitter focus on their situation enter a room then choose a word color then walk into another room choose a different word color. Do this 4 times and you have yourself A 4 "card" spread for a reading.

Lots of possibilities with this one
Yes, I too am reading the colours as part of the presentation and explaining the two sides of the cards as a passive side(white) and an aggressive side(red).
Got it.
Loved it.
I very much like Aligator's idea about one side of the card indicating a passive side and the other a more aggressive side. Again, more clever thinking to what can be a very versatile item.
Nice ideas, Guys. This is a fine effect that, as we see, can be embelleshed/molded to fit just about any performing style. Paul's genius comes through once again. As I mentioned above, this is my favorite of all of his effects.
Great Ideas!

Glad you're all happy with the card.

Today (April 18th, 2012) is the last day of the "Introductory Price" so act now!

I met Paul some time back at his first Mindvention and was instantly impressed by the creativity and originality he offered in his approach to our art. I suggested at the time, that he consider taking that thinking and sharing it with the rest of the mentalist community. I, along with numerous other supporters of his work, am glad he did.

So, if I could tell you what you recently dreamt about, what it meant and furthermore did that that without asking any questions, would you consider me a mind reader? Welcome to Dreamweaver.

This is the latest Carnazzo creation to be released and is definitely one of his most appealing. It is yet another delicious example of his “hands off” approach to performing. Personally, I love the opportunity to be able to perform an impromptu effect when the opportunity presents itself. This latest “innocent looking, fits in your wallet card” allows me to do just that.

However, what makes this one so different is the context. Dreams are of interest to all, and dream interpretation is a fascinating topic to study. On this card (the quality of which is the best he has produced thus far) is printed a series of dream topics.

By giving the participant the “genuine looking” card and some simple “hands off” directions, you are able to tell them what it is they were dreaming about and from there provide a simple but relevant reading. The reading you provide, however, can be as “jazzed” or as detailed as you wish, depending on your experience.

The method, particularly for those of us familiar with his products, is easily learned and is sure to produce another of those “why didn’t I think of that?” moments.

As with all his excellent work, Paul has provided a fully detailed booklet, meticulously credited and complete with presentation suggestions, dream interpretations for readings etc. .

At this point in my work, there are not many people from whom I would buy sight unseen. However, that is not the case here. In an economy that demands value in a purchase, anything bought from http://www.MentalVoyage.com is not only supporting a great thinker in the field, but also allows us the opportunity to add to our repertoire a terrific item at a price that makes perfect sense where value and performing impact is concerned.

I for one look forward to much more original thinking from Mr.Carnazzo.
Paul has found a great niche here with the wallet cards. Not only are they something you can have on you at all times ready to go, it is quite good mentalism, and most of all entertaining. Much like Outlaw's cards, they look like they could actually be what you purport them to be, and be purpose-driven, and have a REASON to be in your wallet.

I just got Hip-Know Therapy from his "D.I.Y" section and from reading the routine and instructions (really easy) I WILL make making this one up.

Bryn
[quote]
On 2012-04-20 17:37, Gerry Hennessey wrote:
I met Paul some time back at his first Mindvention and was instantly impressed by the creativity and originality he offered in his approach to our art. I suggested at the time, that he consider taking that thinking and sharing it with the rest of the mentalist community. I, along with numerous other supporters of his work, am glad he did.

So, if I could tell you what you recently dreamt about, what it meant and furthermore did that that without asking any questions, would you consider me a mind reader? Welcome to Dreamweaver.

This is the latest Carnazzo creation to be released and is definitely one of his most appealing. It is yet another delicious example of his “hands off” approach to performing. Personally, I love the opportunity to be able to perform an impromptu effect when the opportunity presents itself. This latest “innocent looking, fits in your wallet card” allows me to do just that.

However, what makes this one so different is the context. Dreams are of interest to all, and dream interpretation is a fascinating topic to study. On this card (the quality of which is the best he has produced thus far) is printed a series of dream topics.

By giving the participant the “genuine looking” card and some simple “hands off” directions, you are able to tell them what it is they were dreaming about and from there provide a simple but relevant reading. The reading you provide, however, can be as “jazzed” or as detailed as you wish, depending on your experience.

The method, particularly for those of us familiar with his products, is easily learned and is sure to produce another of those “why didn’t I think of that?” moments.

As with all his excellent work, Paul has provided a fully detailed booklet, meticulously credited and complete with presentation suggestions, dream interpretations for readings etc. .

At this point in my work, there are not many people from whom I would buy sight unseen. However, that is not the case here. In an economy that demands value in a purchase, anything bought from http://www.MentalVoyage.com is not only supporting a great thinker in the field, but also allows us the opportunity to add to our repertoire a terrific item at a price that makes perfect sense where value and performing impact is concerned.

I for one look forward to much more original thinking from Mr.Carnazzo.
[/quote]

Gerry,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts!

For those who don't know Gerry, he is an excellent mentalist (and a great sleight of hand magician), and a member of the PEA. When we met at Mindvention he offered some of his wisdom which I most grateful for!

I'm glad you like this card...it really opens up a lot of possibilities, and it's so easy it makes me feel a little guilty! lol

Thanks again Gerry!
[quote]
On 2012-04-28 21:48, mindhunter wrote:
Paul has found a great niche here with the wallet cards. Not only are they something you can have on you at all times ready to go, it is quite good mentalism, and most of all entertaining. Much like Outlaw's cards, they look like they could actually be what you purport them to be, and be purpose-driven, and have a REASON to be in your wallet.

I just got Hip-Know Therapy from his "D.I.Y" section and from reading the routine and instructions (really easy) I WILL make making this one up.

Bryn
[/quote]

Thanks for the kind words Bryn!

Hope you enjoy Hip-Know-Therapy...and Dreamweaver when it arrives.

Thanks again!
I took advantange of a facebook offer and have not heard anything Paul? The Dreamweaver arrived but I believe the deal involved an additional item?

Many thanks!

Todd
Hi Todd,

Sorry for the confusion, but the facebook offer was a contest. Two winners were chosen last week and each won a free dreamweaver card. The winners were posted at: https://www.facebook.com/MentalVoyage

Hope you're enjoying the card!

Best regards,

Paul
Review: Paul Carnazzo-DreamWeaver from [url=http://www.amirasideas.com/]AmirasIdeas.com[/url]

Paul Carnazzo has a new card under his belt, or in this case inside of his wallet.
A Wallet Card that gives us a very interesting theme to talk about (dreams) and a great use of an old principle.

Price and Description:
$29.95 at http://www.mentalvoyage.com/index_files/dreamweaver.htm

My opinion:
I can tell you that this is simply the best release from Paul so far. This is a "single effect card" but the experience that you can create with this one has an interesting and credible theme.
Dreams are always a good theme for conversations and also an engaging theme for performances. The effect is direct and simple. A participant thinks in a recurrent dream and focus on one of the categories. After that you just ask him to think a few times on his dream and you can reveal the topic and even some details that are living just inside of his mind.
This card uses an old and classic principle used in Mentalism that can have a coherent motivation in the context of this routine. If you know about this card and you know the principle behind you can understand my statement (also used in Paul´s Animania Card).
You can even give to the participant a reading about the connection of his dream and the color in which the dream is written.
The quality of the card is great (it´s plastic ,not just laminated)
Because I perform in Spanish I sent Paul my translation of his card so if you perform in Spanish just as me, you know now that Paul can give you that option

Rate: 9,5/10
Flat, fits in your wallet, good quality and best of all, it looks like a card that you can find in a magazine or in an esoteric store.
Be sure to get one and enjoy performing this piece of "Oneiric Mentalism"
Recommended

Best
[quote]
On 2012-05-08 21:32, Amirá wrote:
"Oneiric Mentalism"
[/quote]

This card is brilliant and Amirá's review taught me a new word!

Today was a good day.
Amira,

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on Dreamweaver!

I'm glad you like it!

I've added a twist to this. I take out a cheap watercolor pallet and paint the colors they name to do a color reading with their dream!
Just got this. Looks great, I'm just concerned about the...repetition. I would think that would tip the method, but no one else has mentioned this, so maybe I don't need to be concerned. Granted, I haven't used it with anyone yet. I've used this kind of method before, and it's worked out ok, but I was curious to hear how it plays for those who've been using it.
[quote]
On 2013-01-28 20:28, dennfox wrote:
I've added a twist to this. I take out a cheap watercolor pallet and paint the colors they name to do a color reading with their dream!
[/quote]

Great idea dennfox! Thanks for sharing!
[quote]
On 2013-01-29 08:13, espkeith wrote:
Just got this. Looks great, I'm just concerned about the...repetition. I would think that would tip the method, but no one else has mentioned this, so maybe I don't need to be concerned. Granted, I haven't used it with anyone yet. I've used this kind of method before, and it's worked out ok, but I was curious to hear how it plays for those who've been using it.
[/quote]

Hi espkeith,

It is important to remember that you have the participant review each color only once...I've had some people have them go through each of the colors on each side, for a total of 8 times...this is unnecessary and incorrect. They should review each color one time, it will be on one side or the other.

Each of the actions are justified as it is presented as an "exercise" to help tap into their dreams.

I hope that helps!

Feel free to PM or email me if you have any questions.
Just got this, and I'm kicking myself for not having picked it up earlier. As many have mentioned, I think this is Paul's finest release to date, and that's saying a lot, as ALL his material is terrific. There truly are unlimited possibilities with this card. It can make a novice reader look like a pro. You can give the impression that you've actually entered someone's dream. I can't even begin to list all the avenues one can take with Dreamweaver. To paraphrase Gerry, it's jazz mentalism at its finest. More than highly recommended. I give it a 10 out of 10.
[quote]
On 2013-03-25 23:03, gabelson wrote:
Just got this, and I'm kicking myself for not having picked it up earlier. As many have mentioned, I think this is Paul's finest release to date, and that's saying a lot, as ALL his material is terrific. There truly are unlimited possibilities with this card. It can make a novice reader look like a pro. You can give the impression that you've actually entered someone's dream. I can't even begin to list all the avenues one can take with Dreamweaver. To paraphrase Gerry, it's jazz mentalism at its finest. More than highly recommended. I give it a 10 out of 10.
[/quote]

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Gabe! So glad you're happy with Dreamweaver!

For a short time,there is currently 20% off of Dreamweaver:

Just a heads up:

The Dreamweaver Special ends this weekend!

Thanks for checking it out!

Can this be done in Dutch?
Hi Dr. Eamon,

The card is printed in English, but the basic principle will work in any language, so if you are able to design/print your own card the translation would be simple.
Just wanted to chime in here and say that whilst I don't normally use mainstream wallet effects, this has gone straight into my wallet and have used it almost everyday since.

Very easy to do, no force and frys the spectators. Plus, you don't just reveal their dream but you give a reading based around the dream before revealing it. Perfect!

I have been a fan on Pauls for a good long time now but this is simply the best thing he has created so far.

Cheers
Art
I tried to purchase this but when I click on view cart I get an error message :(
Art,

Thanks so much for the kind words! Glad you are happy with Dreamweaver!

George,

Can you email me and tell me what the error message is: paul@mentalvoyage.com

All seems to be working on my end so I'm not sure what is wrong.

You can also paypal the payment to the email address above and I will process your order that way.

Sorry for the inconvenience...
Just a little tip for those who perform this, I like to do the dirty work using the "dirty" side and then tell the spectator that was the test side to see how well they follow instructions, I then turn my back to them and do the same process using the "clean" side and then "receive" their impressions as they are following the instructions.

I hope this makes sense to those who have this and doesn't make sense to those that do not have this!

Cheers
Art
Thanks for sharing Art! Wonderful tip.
Good tip, Art.

I'm glad to see this is still getting comments....I still keep mine in my everyday wallet!

Bryn
I have this as well although I must admit I don't use it that often. Any thoughts on how to get the specs to acknowledge the crucial info WITHOUT this seeming like you memorized which column is which (specs may not understand the exact nature but I think this is what they assume)... I know people use color as a reasoning but I just find it hard.

I made my own version of a trick using this principle and I related it to music sales. One column for "diamond" songs, one for "gold" singles, etc, associating each column with a color that matched the RIAA certification (I'm a DJ so patter for this kind of thing comes naturally). But I can't seem to come up with a "hook" for most b****y effects...
I've told this to Paul: Of all the cards he has put out, this is my favorite. It is always in my wallet. When I do it I only go for the hot side. I make the colors the important thing. So whether they see a color important to their dream or not I tell them to now see their dream in that color. I have them do that with all the colors. Then in the end I have them blend the colors and make the dream vivid in their minds.

So I make the columns unimportant as to whether their dream is there or not and make all the colors important. I'm assuming those that have the card will know what I'm talking about.

Greg
To those who are saying you only use one side, how are you justifying or determining whether or not they see their dream on that one side only? This sounds like a great idea but I'm having trouble following...
I just point them to the hot side and ask them if they see any word that deals with their dreams. If you don't mention the other side they'll never think of it or pay attention to it. It might be your own fear of getting caught that makes them think something is up.

I always do these kind of things as if it's an experiment I'm trying and I don't even know if it will work or not. I act very surprised when I get their dream.

Greg
I am definitely going to work on this. Thank you for the motivation gents! Really helps!
Dreamweaver and Animania are permanent residents in my wallet. I use them so much that Animania is starting to show some serious wear :)
I use both sides as in the original instructions and I have used the idea of having them use color markers to DRAW the animal/dream. This is very, very strong and makes the routine play for a larger group.

I highly recommend this and ALL of Paul's wallet cards!
Thanks for the feedback and great ideas guys! Glad you are all using this!

It is currently on special:

This has become my favorite card to carry in my wallet. I transfer it from wallet to wallet wherever I go. How many times do I do this transfer? Well, recently misplaced it in a transfer so I'm getting replacements to have in two wallets.

Love this card! In a way, it's like a mini-Q & A act in your wallet. Get it... it's great!

Greg
I too like this card. Makes a lot of sense.
I really wish there was a forum that purchasers of this could discuss ideas and presentations. Possibility?

Matthew
[quote]On May 6, 2014, MatthewSims wrote:
I really wish there was a forum that purchasers of this could discuss ideas and presentations. Possibility?

Matthew [/quote]

Hi Matthew

Great idea! I am exploring options to add a forum to the Mental Voyage website, but in the meantime I may set up a private Facebook page for
Dreamweaver.

I'll keep you updated.

Best
That would be awesome, Paul !

I'm in the process of creating new presentations for it. I would love to hear the approach that other people have taken.

Matthew
Check out the latest review from Magic Reviewed:

http://magicreviewed.com/reviews/dreamweaver-by-paul-carnazzo-review/