(Close Window)
Topic: card flourishes
I've recently mastered two card flourishes, making one disappear and then reappear (behind my hand), and transforming one card into another before the spectator's eyes (off the peugout advert with David Blaine). I was wondering, are there any more similar ones which I can incorporate into my own tricks?
cheers :dance:
I am not sure about similar ones to those that you mention, but there are absolutely loads of flourishes and revelations to reveal a chosen/thought of card.
Daryl does a video dedicated to card revelations although the name escapes me now.

[quote]and trandforming one card into another before the spectator's eyes (off the peugout advert with David Blaine). [/quote]

I take it you are referring to the Ed Marlow Snap Change. I have seen a nice little alteration on this where it can be performed to reveal a card and the performer is left only with the specs card in his hand.

PT
:banana: :carrot: :banana: :carrot:
Check out the books "Card Manuipulations" and "more Card Manipulations" by Jean Hugard (both can be purchased quite cheaply from Amazon). They contain a variety of material but do require a bit of study.

Cheers

Mark
Also try Jeff McBrides Series of Videos, some very nice sleights on there, and some of them not too hard...!!
Andy
[quote]
On 2002-05-10 07:53, P T Flea wrote:

Daryl does a video dedicated to card revelations although the name escapes me now.
[/quote]

I'm surprised no one else noticed the subtle humour in that line.
Hang on a minute, there wasn't any intentional humour there!
Please explain how I've been funny and not even realised it...

PT
:kermit: :kermit: :kermit:
PT: his vids are called Daryl's Card Revelations... you basically said the name so it was funny.
I also recommend Daryls card videos - Daryl is one fine person in magic and he does know how to entertain with cards.
The Hot Shot Cut could be a challenge for you, mattmann101 :dance:

Martin
OK everyone, I see how that could be quite funny and realise what I've done.

You see, I am so funny, that I am even funny when I am not trying to be. It's a curse.

PT
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Card manipulations and Royal Road have some great flourishes in it. Daryls Encyclopedia #8 is good too. :righton:
Who's this Marlow PT? Is this the guy that may have written the Shakespeare plays?

Paul :)