(Close Window)
Topic: Rope Magic!
I don't know if this has been addressed or not, but I was curious as to what everyone's favorite rope routine is. I saw shoots on his lecture notes, but I don't like his whole routine. I took his ideas and some of his moves, and did a routine similar to one done in [i]World's Greatest Magic 4[/i] I think. It's a real stunner, but I'm still working out all of the patter. :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:
Nemo Rope (my version of Prof's N'mare)

Other performer's trick, Whit's Mongolian Pop Knots

Tabary routine, IMHO is over rated

Edernac's is similar but better

Just my opinion...

Oh, Neff Miracle Rope (greatest c/r but NOT a routine...although my version using pistol to shoot and restore and bullet catch combined)... :kermit:
Hi Pete,

Do you remember the Conway Rope Trick that Ken Brooke used to sell? I used to use it in my routines. Bruce Cervon also used it in one of his Magic Castle acts.

Regards,
Paul

PS: Check out my routine on the [i]In the Trenches[/i] DVD. :bg: :bg: :bg:
Professor's Nightmare

Cut and Restored
Three Ropes and a Baby, Daryl's FISM Rope Routine and Tabary's FISM winner are my personal favourites.
Mongolian Pop Knot. I think part of my reason is this routine seems to perfectly suit my personality. The sequence of magical events flows so perfectly that I think anyone would be able to easily make it fit their style.
How difficult is Mongolian Pop Knot to master?
I don't know but I love watching Daryl's rope magic.. :)
I have been using Aldo Columbini's Professor's Math for quite a while now with good audience response. The handling isn't difficult and the effect is easy to understand and follow.
Mammamia rope routine from Colombini is the one I prefer of this type. (But I don't like very much the rope routines.)

Darío
My favorite by far is Three Ropes and a Baby, although I just bought the Mongolian Pop Knot, so I may change my mind in a few weeks, once I master it.
I do a modified Still Ringing routine by Aldo Colombini.

I have somehow mastered Three Ropes and A Baby but have not tried yet in the real world.
I like to do professor's nightmare with very large ropes. The large ropes make the effect look more impossible.
Once again, Tabray.
Tabary also gets my vote, along with the great Professor's Nitemare......
I enjoy performing:
* Fiber Optics
* Mongolian Pop Knot
* Daryl's rope routine

...(KNOT at the same time!)