(Close Window)
Topic: Lean Back
Hi, I am looking for the invisible chair illusion and I found in a Chine factory a product The Lean 2 back and forward. I have two questions: is this product an Asia copy? is there somewhere else where I can found it. Is it really good quality to can stay couple of hours sited in the air. ? any advantages Vs building an structure just for it?
Thanks a lot!
No - you can't sit in the "chair" for a couple of hours. This is a very uncomfortable contraption that must be worn under your clothes. It's uncomfortable to even walk with this illusion. It's good for stage presentations or video presentations where you don't have to be "on" all the time. If you can get the instructions, build one yourself to see if it's really something you want to perform on a regular basis.

Jim
Most magic props made in china are cheap knock offs. I would avoid this.
Thanks guys! Do you know where could I get the instructions to build my self then? Thanks in advance again!
This is an original Danny Cole idea...
The best is to contact him!
http://dannycole.net/
Ih thanks. But looking int he magic Café I saw now another post telling that Danny is not more interesting in selling it.... ? :S
If Danny is not interested to sell it then we should respect his wish!!!
Correct. It is his and he wishes to keep it. [b]The rip-off guys should be shut down.[/b]
I was given a version from Indonesia by a friend. The hook up is entirely different from that of Cole's but I will admit it's the same effect. And I see many magicians around the globe have it. The base is quite heavy but I was able to modify and reduce a third of it. Unfortunately, it can't handle my weight, LOL.
This is not anyone's exclusive. Watch the many Chinese female musicians at the Olympic ceremony. Those were all WELL MADE CHINESE versions and performed in an elegant manner. I have seen no magicians do it any better. If you want to do it, make it and go for it. Just do it as well as those young women did.
MR
I can respect if someones invent something and sale it, to try to buy always that is possible to buy the original, cause is a work to develop own products, and I am a developer. But guys, come one, to get suspended on air is not an invention from Mr Danny. if he has developed a way of doing it and now he does´t´want to sale it, well sorry for him but he is not the owner of the idea of being suspended on air. There are thousands of ways of doing it, and still it could be much better donne with microhidraulics and etc... but what is that about if he does´t want it be donne, nobody should do it? where is the freedom in that where is the art?... Can you imagine the same case in other arts?: So I develop a new kind of pencil ( that other could build too) and then I decide to anybody uses that tecnic, then nobody can paint squares with it anymore....? come on!. Once is to buy copies, other is that the developer does´t want to sale it, but there are others developers..and still my first post: I am looking for a invisible chair I didn´t say I am looking for the Danny´s method or so... or as well is he the owner of an invisible chair illusion...?
With all my respects, have a nice day to all! ;)
Danny Cole routine is about an invisible chair...:)
So unless you come up with a unique/different system and presentation it is Danny's intellectual property and should not be used without his permission!
Yes, my idea is unique and I am looking for a different system presentation. Thanks. I don´çt like to copy and I don´t need to copy, who ever be Mr. Danny or Mr.Copperfield. Ok. I already found my resource in my own city, so thanks to all for the cooperation. Now I am looking how to learn a bit of Mega magic, if anyone else can help, know about tutorials to buy, or dvd or ideas. Thank you very much.
Anyway I have a question too, did Danny asked to Keanu Reeves about it? mmmm.... is a JOKE!!!
http://www.kapmagic.com check here THE LEAN 3.0 – Matrix Levitation Improved - KAP MAGIC SHOP http://www.kapmagic.com/index.php?productID=264
This illusion was invented, created and built entirely by Danny Cole and is his property - period. He did give permission to one or two people (ie: Cyril Takayama)but the rest are knock-offs, rip-offs and stolen property.

This includes the Chinese Musicians and the girls on the float in Rio. Just because someone does it on television or at the Oympics doesn't mean they have permission or the right to do it. This is a proprietary illusion and is not for sale.
Well said Murray ;-)
Also it is not an easy illusion and people could get hurt with some of the gimmicks that are offered for sale by the knock off company's
same goes for the Lean, please be carefull as I know of at least 4 serious injuries!!!

Also be careful of companies like Kapmagic as mentioned above as they sell badly build rip-off illusions. (their name should be crap magic ;-) )
In all honesty, I actually performed this illusion in Hollywood, CA in the Vampire Bazaar in front of 400 people over 10 years ago. Should I sue Danny Cole for not asking for my permission?

Its the same effect, my method might be different. How do I sign up as the originator of this effect? I have an old VHS tape of the event.

Also one of my other original effects, changing eye colors with contacts was released on DVD without credit.

G
[quote]
On 2012-05-30 19:31, g0thike wrote:
In all honesty, I actually performed this illusion in Hollywood, CA in the Vampire Bazaar in front of 400 people over 10 years ago. Should I sue Danny Cole for not asking for my permission?

Its the same effect, my method might be different. How do I sign up as the originator of this effect? I have an old VHS tape of the event.

Also one of my other original effects, changing eye colors with contacts was released on DVD without credit.

G
[/quote]

Interesting. I would like to see a reply to G's comment, anyone?
It says that he has been banned from the Café.
http://www.kapmagic.com/index.php?productID=264

http://www.kapmagic.com/index.php?productID=263
Beware the purveyors of k(r)ap(py) magic...
http://www.kapmagic.com check here THE LEAN 3.0 – Matrix Levitation Improved - KAP MAGIC SHOP http://www.kapmagic.com/index.php?productID=264

I also need this for my show
Is this the illusion you mean: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_hVOFpa31w , seems to have been professionally made, there is another version where the performers holds a rod/cane http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etSivpBHUmE , I think the debate all come down to method but the effect seems to have been around a long time.

Andy
I have a question. I watch the effect. I don't know the method. I come up with a method. Now my method might be the same as his or it might not. I have no idea. I manufacture the method for myself. I use it. Am I evil somehow?

Second question. People may have seen this done in the matrix, and may not even know it's a magic trick. They come up with their own method. Who sues who?
I think the best way forward is for you to see the Chinese company in person and having a very close look at the gimmicks involved.

I too am very interested in buying this illusion. So much so I'll be flying out to see them and to see what sort of quality it is. Or perhaps you can contact the builders/supplier and ask them to take some pictues.

Hope this helps :)

Neil.
This stu..d guys from Moscow also revealed the secret: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxFAcgzPEkQ .By the way this gimmick from China's company 52magic , not bad build, I see more worst from China... But if you want something real and serious ,just contact Danny Cole...
I contacted Danny...He said he wont be able to share the secret as he actually sold the rights to the illusion to a recording artist so he can no longer offer it to other magicians...
:(
If only Danny Cole And Cyril Takayama have the copyrights to perform the matrix lean/suspension/levitation/lean 2/whatever you wanna call it, how did Chris Angel, Dynamo, and other magicians did it REGULARLY on TV and in shows times and times again ? And I mean world wide popular ones like Chris Angel or so ?
I'm actually considering buying the lean 2 in few months, but I don't know which one is the better or more reliable version out of the 2 I found online here:

1- 52magic/China Magic version:
http://www.52magic.net/765_The-Lean---Matrix-Levitation-By-China-Magic.html

2- kap magic version:
http://www.kapmagic.com/index.php?productID=264

The 52magic one looks better and even though Chinese products may not be the best for magic, I heard that the band that did the lean in their festival, that version was made in China and from 52magic. And the one on 52magic seems more reliable. But in the demo video....how did the magician perform it without the base ? Unless the base was camouflaged......
Been in the Café, I Lost my previous screen name. I mostly hang in the FX area.

I performed a backwards lean in Hollywood about 12 years ago. I was making fun of The Matrix. I did not use a harness, rather I used to be really flexible doing back bend dance moves. Though I did own a pole lev at the time and was aware of The Lean illusion, heck theirs a pic of it at the Magic Castle.

I do agree that Danny Cole design is his but it's like a levitation, their is multiple ways to float in the air. Multiple designs, multiple ways.

Now do I qualify as the inventor of the effect??
Contacted My Cole...He is a very polite man I must say...
He said that he is in agreement and thus can not share the secret with anybody..
:)
Well, I guess Danny Cole doesn't have the copyrights for this illusion no more...
[quote]
On 2013-08-18 12:13, AmrKhaled wrote:
Well, I guess Danny Cole doesn't have the copyrights for this illusion no more...
[/quote]

Why would you say this! It's NOT true - He still the rights.
he invented this version... (talking about the gimmick version not talking about the No gimmick version used by mimes & dancers)
RVH Magic I never said he wasn't the inventor of this version -_- .... If you look at the posts mentioned before me, some magicians contacted Danny Cole and asked him if he would be interested to sell his version, and he said he sold the copyrights to a musician now.
Copyrights? I doubt it. Copyrights are expensive to do and easy to circumvent (in this case). What I imagine he did was agree not to make any for sale or tip the hat on how it was done. While Danny made it popular, I seriously doubt he was the first to perform something like this. Unless it is high tech, there is very little new under the sun.
I have matrix LEAN 3.0 from kap magic, but I performed only 3 time for my stage show its well made and easy to use. as per my body size and weight kap magic build for me custome make
Copyrights aren't expensive. They're relatively inexpensive. I have scores of them. Thirty-five bucks if you do it yourself. Maybe a couple hundred if you have an attorney do it. One form to fill out. But you can't copyright a thing...you can copyright a printed design for a thing...or the text of the instructions for a thing. Patents, however, ARE expensive.

-Philip
Kap magic don't exist/ fake company
Kap magic work, I chat online for this & others http://www.kapmagic.com/index.php?productID=264
Hi guys. This thread has me puzzled. I thought The Magic Café was MAGICIANS HELPING MAGICIANS but I can see a lot of magicians in here ignoring the rights of another magician (Danny Cole) and supporting rip-off companies like 52 MAGIC and KAPMAGIC.

What disappoints me most is how the administrators, who are capable of shutting down threads and banning users, and condoning this sort of behaviour by allowing this thread to continue.
Well, it will continue as a month does not go by that a new member want to know about the Matrix Illusion. Not one of those inquisitive minds use Google, but come here instead, never to be heard of again.

Not one has ever said they purchased the illusion from anyone. They just want to know how it works. I guess they think there is a trick to it and they can just do it one the spur of the moment walking around any city.

Then starts the rights conversation, and off it goes. Danny Cole must not care as he has never took a minute out of his schedule to post any information. We only get comments from nameless people that claim they know this and that, and even some that say they know Danny Cole personally.

Now for the last several forums on this topic, we have a foreign guy trying to say how great the Kap Magic prop is. I is apparent that he is using a translator, and cannot express what he is trying to say, but his comment have no merit as he is using a fake name with not credentials at all. Even says he performs it on several show.

So it just a waste of time and effort, none will spend the $700 plus shipping to get taken to the cleaners. I don't hear of any one leaning back anywhere in the news.

So don't get upset, Danny Cole's version is safe with the secret lurkers and the guys that think magic illusions can be affordable for them.
There's an interesting version on Youtube.
Search Youtube for "First Wedding Dance Levitation"
Here's the latest on the 'dust up".....

http://www.thejerx.com/blog/2015/9/16/here-come-the-jerx-danny-cole-vs-justin-willman

it seems like a pretty accurate summary of this tempest in a teapot
This iswhat I think... http://www.timellismagic.com/magic-ethics-and-wedding-dances/
[quote]On Sep 18, 2015, JNeal wrote:
Here's the latest on the 'dust up".....

http://www.thejerx.com/blog/2015/9/16/here-come-the-jerx-danny-cole-vs-justin-willman

it seems like a pretty accurate summary of this tempest in a teapot [/quote]

It seems like Justin "tried" to do the right thing by asking permission.
I thought the performance (First Dance) was great.
The problem was when Justin posted it on Youtube and it went viral.
Well, if Danny Cole don't care, why should we stick our nose where it does not belong. We have no power or right to make a fight about something we know very little about. You are not even siding with anyone, as the people it is effecting, do not see there is a problem, apparently.

The late great Ken Brooke spoke of his tricks being copied buy some prominent magic dealers in the U.S. This is an age old problem that will not ever get resolved by others who have no affiliation to the problem.
Bill,
Read the posts.
Danny Cole DOES CARE.
[quote]On Sep 20, 2015, Ihop wrote:
Bill,
Read the posts.
Danny Cole DOES CARE. [/quote]

By not taking legal measures to protect the effect, Danny Cole clearly demonstrates that he does NOT care.
MR
Read "An Open Letter to Justin Willman from Danny Cole"
Posted by JNeal
http://www.thejerx.com/blog/2015/9/16/he......-willman
The letter CLEARLY demonstrates that he does care.
What does pursuing legal action have to do with caring or not caring. Two different things.
Without legal action, CARING certainly has not accomplished much. Without legal protection, this apparatus is wide open to anyone wanting to make or use it. All the CARING in the world will not change this FACT.
MR
Doesn't Michael Jackson (now estate of...) have a patent on "The Lean"?
Thousands😂😂
What are you on about? There’s buskers that sit the for 4+hrs doing this.