(Close Window)
Topic: Help Needed with an Effect
OK - not technical help, but plot help. And maybe this effect doesn't need a change, I'm not sure.

In the middle of my act, I have a volunteer come up and I give her a set of jumbo ESP cards to study - so she will know the kinds of impressions she might receive, etc.

I have audience members pick ESP cards from the jumbo cards that I hold and the volunteer is able to name them, sight unseen. I repeat this for three cards.

Then, an attempt a clarvoyance. A spectator mixes my cards and the cards remain face-down on my palm. The spectator now is asked to focus on the top card - she names it - and is correct. This is repeated twice more, and the FINAL card is also named (bit of comedy relief).

Question to the Court: Does this routine need a "kicker" ending? If so, what would you suggest? Is it fine as-is? It works OK as-is...but have it in the middle of my act as I feel it is not as strong as the other things in the act. Always looking to strenghten the effects.

- Greg Owen
Don't know but a PM with the handling would go down a treat. (cheeky I know).
Maybe you can do something with that Final Card. Perhaps it now has the spec's name written on it instead of the ESP symbol?

Jack Shalom
I was thinking you would be using 5 ESP cards (sounds like there's 4 ...). But if you did, and the last half of the routine was done 3 times, you would have 2 cards left. With 2 cards in each hand, you could flip those around showing that they are the other 2 and at the same time you have nice stance for an applause cue.

Maybe you could pm me.