(Close Window)
Topic: Does it always take 4 months ...
... to get your order from Roy Kueppers?
NO! Mine came in less than a week. I'd contact him and ask about it. I've always had great service.
It generaly takes about 10 weeks
when I have him custom make me a coin.
todd
If he has it on hand, you get it quick. If he has to make it, it naturally goes to the end of the que (sp?).

Roy has a lot of ready-made stuff on eBay, or at least he used to. Haven't checked in a while.
Although I like his products, I am not happy with his customer service (?).
Roy used to be a very good guy! Quick to answer your requests or your email. I don't see why it would have change!
A better way to get a hold of Roy is to call him. He works very hard to make quality apparatus, and unlike many other coin guys, he does not just do coins. He also manufactures other products (both custom and marketed items) for other magicians, and he is the only person at the helm. Just keep calling him if he does not get back to you within 24 hours (which is unusual, but I have never had a problem with Roy myself, and I highly recommend him and his work). No need to get into all of this here as it was already addressed by Roy himself (among others) in a different thread in this section.

I have gotten my custom pieces within 2 weeks in the past, even when he was a little on the busy side. Just have patience.
Roy unlike a lot of other custom coin galfers.
makes a lot of coins for creators of coin tricks.
like menage and captain and coke by crown magic.
which keeps him extremely busy.but his work is superbed.
if your in a big hurry.you might want to check with someone else.
todd
There was a significant amount written about Roy a few months ago discussing and explaining his business practices. The bottom line for me is that Roy is skilled at what he does, he appears to innovate to improve his gaffs, and he sometimes over-promises given his other committments.

You can read the multi-page thread here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=417308&forum=202

As Todd says above, be prepared to be patient (unless Roy has what you want in stock).

Alan