(Close Window)
Topic: Tango Coin Glue Removal
Hi,

I have a shimmed [ from tango and I want to remove the shim which looks like if is just glued in. Does any one know the least destructive way to remove this. I saw some suggestions about heating it, but I'm concerned that if I overdo if I might warp the [. has anyone had any success with any solvents?

Thanks
If Mr Tango uses superglue, and I do know not if he does...
Acetone solvent dissolves/debonds cyanoacrylate ie super glue.

You should email Mr Tango at his website or pm him here on the forums for a correct answer.

or do a search on the forums for your answer.

Welcome and have fun.
Finger nail polish remover, basically acetone will do the trick. (No pun intended!)

You mill have to let it soak for a while, or repeat the application a few times for it to be effective.
If the glue is the same as he uses in his Flipper, it wil become soft and removable when you heat it.
I suppose it is 2-component glue (epoxy).
You could use a lighter or a heating plate in the kitchen.
Don't use a candle. It makes everything black.

And if it is magnetic, the heat wil weaken its power.
Be prepared to remove some residual glue mechanically.

Troels
Thanks Trolle,
Heat did it, and a light sand inside the shell to remove the remaining glue.
Just a reference point guys.

ALL Tango Gaffed Coins are supplied with a truly wonderful DVD these days called the Tangopedia of Gaffed Coins. This is an instructional DVD outlining a multitude of effects with a range of various gaffed coins. It runs for a few hours and took Marcelo Insua (Mr. Tango) a year to produce. Check with your dealer as, if they have older stock, the DVD may not be included.

However, also upon the DVD, Mr. Tango clearly outlines a few maintenance tips around the total re-banding process for Flipper Coins and his Internal Folders.
[quote]
On 2012-05-08 06:05, Merc Man wrote:
ALL Tango Gaffed Coins are supplied with a truly wonderful DVD these days called the Tangopedia of Gaffed Coins.
[/quote]

Isn't that all EXCEPT the TUC? (which comes with its own, but different DVD)
I'm having the same problem - trying to remove the shim from the shell. It seems pretty stuck in there - I've tried heating it with a lighter and soaking it in acetone, both with no luck, I can't even get it to the point where I can wedge anything underneath it to try and pry it out. Not sure there's much else I can try?
I know this topic is quite old, but I've been checking it to see if anyone has answered the last question. Is there a way to remove the shim from a Tango [ without damaging it? I've tried a lighter, I've tried nail polish remover, I tried a really thin screwdriver, etc.
Nevermind, I figured it out on my own.