(Close Window)
Topic: Green Jobs - Government definitions are a fraud!
Check out the list of "Green Jobs" presented to the US Congress by the current administration.

ANY Bus Driver
Oil Company Lobbyists
Cashiers in used record shops
Janitors who sweep
etc.

This reroutes your tax money to political friends and falsifies the effectiveness of "Green" federal programs.

What a joke!
I saw that yesterday. Even the guy who puts gas in the bus has a "Green Job".
Hey we're on a green forum, hello! You will "go green" whether you want to or not, whether you realize it or not!

Glen

P.S.- Green used to be my favorite color, not anymore, it's been ruined!
Green is also the color of 3/4 of the Religion of Peace.
According to FOX:
Any [i]school[/i] bus driver, and any [i]hybrid[/i] bus driver.
The guy who sweeps the floors [i]of a solar panel factory.[/i]
The oil executive is also only eligible if his work is directly related to environmental issues.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/06/06/issa-obama-administration-classifies-jobs-with-political-purpose/

Now, I'm neither agreeing nor disagreeing with the classifications, just providing more information.
Those of us that don't watch FOX news did not hear that one, because FOX news wouldn't know the truth if they fell over it.
How do those of you that don't watch FOX news know FOX news wouldn't know the truth if they fell over it?
[quote]
On 2012-06-07 12:52, tommy wrote:

How do those of you that don't watch FOX news know FOX news wouldn't know the truth if they fell over it?
[/quote]
Presumably partially based on accounts of those people who worked at and then left Fox, who have since said that Fox wouldn't know the truth if they fell over it. :)

E.g., like the Fox Mole:

http://gawker.com/5900710/announcing-our-newest-hire-a-current-fox-news-channel-employee
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=galvin%20issa%20green%20jobs&source=web&cd=4&ved=0CGoQtwIwAw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DZY47ux60S5g&ei=MeLQT86AIOKe2AXb8JS8DA&usg=AFQjCNGhBDZFEXQiFH5sfnGhNsIlBkgfnA

Eliminate the Middlefox and watch the exchange. Galvin comes on after a few minutes.
What's interesting is that the additional information I posted from FOX was information in favor of the administration's arguments, but was only followed by attacks on FOX news.

Oh, well- I tried.

Now, I know I don't like FOX news, but I know this because I listen to FOX news several times a week in the car while shouting back at the radio.
[quote]
On 2012-06-07 12:52, tommy wrote about Angelo:
[/quote]
LOL!
Funny those who attack Fox:

A "Never watch it"

B Never say the source/s they endorse.
By the way, Critter's info was said in a Senate investigation committee yesterdday. And it could be found on C-Span too.
[quote]
On 2012-06-07 13:30, critter wrote:
What's interesting is that the additional information I posted from FOX was information in favor of the administration's arguments, but was only followed by attacks on FOX news.
[/quote]

Critter, meet Al.
Balducci
Thank you for shedding some real light on the credibility of FOX news.

Kevin
I watch ABC, C-SPAN, PBS, NBC, CBS, CNN and none of them covered this grossly exadurated story.
[img]http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/nevermind/grand/nevermind-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-214.gif[/img]
Just thought I'd check in on this thread to say "Hi!" Everyone already knows my political opinions so I see no point in repeating them. I've never changed anyone's mind anyway, so there's no point.

But I didn't want to miss the chance to appear in yet another soon to be deleted thread.

Good thoughts to all-

Bob
Hi Bob,

Good to see you again here!
[quote]
On 2012-06-07 17:00, mastermindreader wrote:
Just thought I'd check in on this thread to say "Hi!" Everyone already knows my political opinions so I see no point in repeating them. I've never changed anyone's mind anyway, so there's no point.

But I didn't want to miss the chance to appear in yet another soon to be deleted thread.

Good thoughts to all-

Bob
[/quote]

We cancel each other out Bob because I feel the SAME way.

Though I hasten to add I do not list Fox as a credible non biased news source, though I am constantly accused of it. I also do not include any of those Al listed either.
Hi Woland!

I was just thinking- since most of us have predictable positions on all of the political and religious stuff that we're not supposed to talk about anyway, why don't we just devise a simple shorthand that allows us to show up and get our two cents in without overly annoying one another?

For example, an appropriate smiley could get our position across. For this thread I would just post:

:huh:
Hi Danny!

:eek:
[quote]
On 2012-06-07 17:19, mastermindreader wrote:
Hi Woland!

I was just thinking- since most of us have predictable positions on all of the political and religious stuff that we're not supposed to talk about anyway, why don't we just devise a simple shorthand that allows us to show up and get our two cents in without overly annoying one another?

For example, an appropriate smiley could get our position across. For this thread I would just post:

:huh:
[/quote]

Danny made a similar proposition a while back to number our arguments. That way we can just take position #12 and be done with it.
The notion caught on for a short time but died out. Maybe it's time to bring it back!
Yes, I agree. Also, thumbs down and thumbs up smilies would be helpful. Anyone know where to find them?
[quote]
On 2012-06-07 17:45, mastermindreader wrote:
Yes, I agree. Also, thumbs down and thumbs up smilies would be helpful. Anyone know where to find them?
[/quote]

You do these things :: like any other smiley and put "thumbsup" in the middle. Not sure about thumbs down though. Let me try it:
:thumbsdown:

Hey! It worked!
:thumbsup:
Yes Bob I was yelled at for my idea. Here it is though. (To be fair it was the Canadians that had the most problems with it. Along with Jonathan LOL.)

Anyhow there is an old joke about war buddies who have been meeting weekly for decades and figured out they were telling the same jokes. They end up just numbering the jokes and calling out the numbers. Everyone laughs because they remember the numbers. Well a new guy wants to join so they tell him to go home and memorise the jokes and come back the next week. Well after about 40 minutes he deceides to try to fit in so he calls out 32. Nobody laughs. He calls out 12 and nobody laughs and he is now sort of angry. He says "guys you said I could join you and I memorised all the jokes what is wrong?" The guy who invited him simply said "Some guys can tell jokes and some can't."

So that got me to thinking that we should just number the positions.

As for smiley faces I do not find them very manly so I have NEVER used on and never will.
[quote]
On 2012-06-07 18:04, Dannydoyle wrote:

As for smiley faces I do not find them very manly so I have NEVER used on and never will.
[/quote]

:thumbsdown:
Hi Bob and Danny,

When I read Bob's post, above, I also immediately thought of that joke. But Danny beat me to it.

When I heard it, though, it was told about convicts in the penitentiary.
Critter-

:thumbsup:
Woland-

32!
[quote]On 2012-06-07 18:13, mastermindreader wrote:
Woland-

32![/quote]
32! = 263,130,836,933,694,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

That's some list of jokes you've memorized, Bob!

(In all fairness, however, you did pick a good one, and told it well.)
[quote]
On 2012-06-07 18:38, S2000magician wrote:
[quote]On 2012-06-07 18:13, mastermindreader wrote:
Woland-

32![/quote]
32! = 263,130,836,933,694,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

That's some list of jokes you've memorized, Bob!

(In all fairness, however, you did pick a good one, and told it well.)
[/quote]

This isn't the number I got. Must be a rounding thing.
Wait 'til you hear 32! + X

I can't tell you the value of X here, though, because some consider the comment rather lewd.
[quote]
On 2012-06-07 18:04, Dannydoyle wrote:

Anyhow there is an old joke about war buddies who have been meeting weekly for decades and figured out they were telling the same jokes. They end up just numbering the jokes and calling out the numbers. Everyone laughs because they remember the numbers. Well a new guy wants to join so they tell him to go home and memorise the jokes and come back the next week. Well after about 40 minutes he deceides to try to fit in so he calls out 32. Nobody laughs. He calls out 12 and nobody laughs and he is now sort of angry. He says "guys you said I could join you and I memorised all the jokes what is wrong?" The guy who invited him simply said "Some guys can tell jokes and some can't."

[/quote]
Pssht. You told it all wrong. It's a round table of Borscht Belt comedians, and the numbers are 24 and 67.
The numbers are [i]pi[/i] and [i]phi[/i].