(Close Window)
Topic: Dynamo wins 10000 predicting euro football results
Nice work http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2168033/Magician-Dynamo-wins-10-000-predicting-EXACTLY-Spain-win-Euro-2012.html
Didn't an octopus predict the winners a few years ago?
Through a 50 - 50 choice yes, think this is a bit more impressive than that :)
Very impressiv
I love it when the Mentalist did a similar stunt on his TV show ...
Excellent Job!!!!!!
Very Cool!

Congrats Steven.
Watched this happen on monday morning, less than impressed :S

the people I watched it with (who are more important than me in terms of a generic opinion) thought it wasn't great,

I'm sure it will look great in his show but in terms of presentation it was pretty dull

Dynamo seems like a nice guy though, his show is put together really well, not often my cup of tea though
Nice one Dynamo, he has brought a little coolness back into magic and mentalism.
Now I do like Dynamo, but his presentation skills in this item are a bit non-existent. He really did come across as someone who had just wondered into the studio by mistake. Badly explained and envelope fumbling followed by more explanation needed to explain what it was on the small ticket that we saw. Just not a great presentation at all on my book and certainly not TV grade stuff.

Conversely Derren Brown was on BBC TV tonight (The One Show) and pulled off a great drawing dupe and OOOOOZES charisma and easy presentation.
Conversely Derren Brown was on BBC TV tonight (The One Show) and pulled off a great drawing dupe and OOOOOZES charisma and easy presentation. Agree with that totally.
That is just Dynamo's style. The kids lap it up
Agree with the Brown stuff, such a better performance!

comment about Dynamo bringing cool back, I don't see that so much - not seen much of a geekier performer, it's like he's surprised he can do it, then worried about what people will think
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQym38KnP5w
For UK viewers who want to see more of Dynamo, he has a new TV series starting 5th July on Channel 5. (This Thursday) (And most probably Youtube shortly after that. :lol:)
[quote]
On 2012-07-03 16:52, quicknotist wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQym38KnP5w
[/quote]

Just goes to show that presentation (Even if it's a copy) works no matter what the actual trick is.

But very funny at the same time.
He has the whole "Blaine" thing going on there. I think he's cool though.

John.
[quote]
On 2012-07-03 11:23, that'sJustWrong! wrote:
Didn't an octopus predict the winners a few years ago?
[/quote]

Yes he did, but he cheated - he used special ink :)

I've always enjoyed watching Dynamo simply because he seems enthusiastic for his craft and comes across as a friendly sort of lad.

Personally though I would have predicted an England win - but I guess that's why I'm not on TV.
Derren Browns in a different league..never really got into the Dynamo thing. Way too much blatant 'staging' and obvious set up.
Great news - now maybe he can buy a bar of soap and a razor out of his winnings (not to mention, find himself a decent tailor). ;)
It's all going to charity, which is nice, he does seem like a decent guy, the general public sure seem to like him!
Seems I don't know what I'm talking about (Please try and look surprised!)

Dynamo's new series starts tonight at 9PM on WATCH(HD). (Not Channel 5 as I previously posted)
I thought it wasn't on Channel 5, but just assumed you knew more than I did :goof:

should be worth a watch sometime anyway
The first episode of series 2 was watched on watch by 1.1 million on a non freeview channel. Which is very good in the UK. This is in a week when the two other major Saturday Night magic shows on TV have been axed (Fool us and Magicians). This is 5 times their normal viewing figures and good compared to the UK's major terrestrial channels. The vanish in the first episode reminded me of Skills of The Vagabonds chapter on how to vanish.

Anthony
This is excellent magic, though I do agree with others that his presentation skills is somewhat bland!

Where can this trick be discovered? Surely there'll be some company or individual who can shed some light on this effect? Mr Maven, any ideas?!

Thanks in advance.

Neil.
[quote]On Aug 26, 2014, bluedragon wrote:
Where can this trick be discovered?[/quote]

I believe the method is described in "The Mental Miseries of Richtofen Parmesan" - but this was a VERY limited release and sold out about 18 months ago, so good luck finding a copy!
Thanks MatCult!
Sorry but I just can't watch Dynamo. Normally I will watch any magic show but I am sick and tired of all this '' had to back in front of the cameras because my grandad died'' not just Dynamo, same goes for Xfactor and all the other similar shows with sob stories.
Dynamo, like David Blaine , I find to have a personality and performing style I find as dry as dust.
[quote]On Jul 3, 2012, quicknotist wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQym38KnP5w [/quote]
At the beginning I thought it was going to be one of his NLP demonstrations, and he would make an adult actually think he stole the nose.
[quote]On Jul 3, 2012, quicknotist wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQym38KnP5w [/quote]
That was really well done. Needed more nodding at odd moments, though.
Enjoyed that, we need a few more laughs these days. Don't suppose DB will be too impressed though.
Enjoyed that, we need a few more laughs these days. Don't suppose DB will be too impressed though.
[quote]On Aug 27, 2014, george1953 wrote:
Sorry but I just can't watch Dynamo. Normally I will watch any magic show but I am sick and tired of all this '' had to back in front of the cameras because my grandad died'' not just Dynamo, same goes for Xfactor and all the other similar shows with sob stories.
Dynamo, like David Blaine , I find to have a personality and performing style I find as dry as dust. [/quote]

Ha, ha, LOL, I thought it was just me.