(Close Window)
Topic: On whether to purchase Metal 2.
Should I get Metal 2? I have Metal by Eric Jones and have been practising the basic and intermediate concealments and vanishes for a month now. Not very long and not very smooth, but I do want Metal 2 on pure curiosity. That way, I can pick and start creating a repetorire.

Question is, how's the tricks in Metal 2? Too hard? Do I have to practice Metal for a couple months more to heading to the sequel?

Get or not to get it?
Get it because it will inspire you; because it's not that much harder---still standard stuff; because sometimes it's hard to find.
Yeah, get Metal 2, Stjianqing. You want to continue in this style, since you've started, and it's all cutting edge stuff.

Do you like Coin Magic Stjianqing? May I recommend Michael Rubinstein's DVD sets, or if you really want advanced stuff, Ponta The Smith! The New York City Coin Magic Seminar Series has the most value though, in my opinion.

It's a 16 volume set:

http://www.newyorkcoinmagic.net/

But yes, definitely get Metal 2! Without a doubt. Oh, and welcome to The Magic Café, Stjianqing! :)

Doug
Thank you. :D Will note Ponta the Smith after I master the fundamentals. Heard about his guide and that it is really advanced.
Yea its well worth getting.
A friend of mine ordered Metal 2 from Mr. Jones in March, but hasn't received it yet, nor any word from him at all. Is there anyplace else it can be obtained?
Ellusionist sells it. I seem to recall something about Eric moving, so he has probably been wrapped up in that. Send him an e-mail and I'm sure he will make things right.