(Close Window)
Topic: Removing Spyware or Adware
I can't get on the internet anymore because of all the pop-ups I receive. My system constantly locks up due to the barrage of ads!

How can I totally remove the Spyware or Adware that allows the pop-ups? I can't even type this post without closing a dozen windows!

HELP!!
Try a program called Spybot Search and Destroy or Ad-Adware. They are both free and can be downloaded off the internet. If you install a McAfee Firewall it will also keep the spyware from accessing the net. I have these programs and get maybe one (if that) popup a day. If you have a program like Kazaa, you can not remove certain spyware like Gator or Gain because Kazaa will not work without those programs installed. The firewall will keep them from causing popups though.

Micheal Leath
William,
I like Ad-Aware. You can go [url=http://www.lavasoft.nu/support/download/]here[/url] for a free, or more functional paid version.
I use Ad-Ware to remove what's already there. But, you will also need an ad-blocker. I use Norton Internet Security and activate the pop-up ad blocker. Be aware, though, that you may sometimes have to disable it to allow you to view certain graphics. For instance, the banner ads here in the Café do not show up unless I disable Norton.

:nose:
If you're running Internet Explorer on Windows, then install the Google toolbar. This has a popup suppression filter and it’s free! After you install this, you do have to go to the "Options" menu and turn it on.
Thanks for all the help. I installed Ad-Aware last evening and I've gotten only two pop-ups so far! Amazing..I almost threw my computer out a window!