(Close Window)
Topic: Updates from Kidabra 2012!
Hey everyone! We just arrived in Pigeon Forge, TN., for Kidabra 2012. We're excited for the convention, and I thought it would be fun to post a few video updates throughout the week for those who couldn't make it. Of course, I can't record most of the lectures, performances, etc., but at least I can share a few videos and pictures. Hope you guys enjoy them!

- Kevin

http://www.prestomagicproducts.com/blog/
(I'll upload all the videos to youtube, the blog is the easiest way to view all the videos and pictures on one page.)
Have fun Kevin! I took a year off but will most likely go again next year.
Thanks for the updates Kevin. I'll be watching your vids. I have a wedding on Friday I have to go to, so I couldn't make it this year. Looking forward to seeing your updates. Tell Charlie Cadabra and Larry Payne I said hi.

Jason
Jason,
Sounds good, hope you're there next year!

Tommy, your name was mentioned like half a dozen times during the auction. It won't be as much fun without you here.

There wasn't much to post on tonight, just a clip of the opening and a couple quick shots of the auction. It was the smallest auction I've ever seen at Kidabra! The video is barely 30 seconds, and doesn't show much...more tomorrow!

- Kevin
[quote]
On 2012-08-16 00:47, dearwiseone wrote:

Tommy, your name was mentioned like half a dozen times during the auction. It won't be as much fun without you here.

- Kevin

[/quote]

I hope it was all good!
I miss Kidabra this year. My update: sitting on a Beach with my wife in gorgeous Newport RI
Anymore updates? Dealers room? Thanks for doing your blog
Yep, dealer's room was posted today. Virtual tour plus a quick stop at Axtell's booth and Marty's booth.

Sorry for the slow updates! We got back to our room from the midnight jam around 4am, with lectures starting at 9am, it's been very, very busy!

I'll keep them coming (at a slower pace than I want, but still...) and try to post more of my thoughts and comments as well. It's overload with all the networking, lectures, catching up with friends, still trying to run the business while on the road, and posting updates. But it's soooo fun!

Tommy, everyone misses you, but it's hard to feel too sorry for you there on the beach! Soak up some rays for me.

- Kevin
Thanks for the videos and photos. It was really fun to tour the dealer's room. Nice to see Marty again.

- Donald
Having TONS of fun this year and a lot being taught and shared.

Thanks
Ken Scott
Dealers room looks fun. What are some of the new products out that are exciting?
Ken, we're looking forward to your lecture this afternoon! (I just posted a very quick video on the midnight jam, as well as a couple pictures)

Donald, hope to see you here next year!

As far as new products, Axtell was a huge hit last night, he and Ken chatted for a while about Axtell's history before he brought out seven new creations, some of which can be found here: http://www.axtell.com/new

My wife's favorite was the Beast in a Box. Kimmo is taking home the latest prototype, although my wife was ready to arm wrestle him for it!

It's hard to say which effects are new (plus there are just too many of them!), but I'm sure you'll see some posts in this forum over the next few weeks.

The lectures have been great, (I've taken mostly photos of those out of respect for the performers), people seem to have especially enjoyed Todd & Buster, Axtell, and Steve Petra (at least that's what you hear a lot of people talking about!)

More to come....
[quote]
On 2012-08-18 13:22, dearwiseone wrote:
My wife's favorite was the Beast in a Box. Kimmo is taking home the latest prototype, although my wife was ready to arm wrestle him for it![/quote]

After seeing John and Tamar go at it, in the opening ceremony video, your wife should be more afraid of Tamar! Haha! :D

- Donald

P.S. Kimmo posted a link to that video to the Kidabra Facebook group. Maybe he'll post it here later on.
Here's the link Donald was talking about. In my opinion, this is the best Kidabra I've ever attended!

http://youtu.be/6sro6903j80
Looks like you had some fun John
KIDABRA was a blast. Kimmo brought the house down. I registered for next year's convention before I left!

Jim
For the first time.....I saw Barry Mitchell turn red faced and we all had tears rolling down our cheeks from the laughter!

The Gala Show was one of the best. Non-stop Laughter!

Kimmons, had us all in stiches, as well as Mike Bent, Ken Scott and others.
I heard from a few people that attendance was down this year.
Not sure about attendance nummbers but I got say this was the best Kidabra I have attended to date.It was amazing how much real world information was shared that can actually be used. Huge thank you to Mark, Tami and the entire Kidabra staff.. well played my friends.. well played!!!!
Agreed - this was the best Kidabra of all the ones I've attended.
I traveled back on Sunday (and recovered on Monday!), but I'll post some more videos tonight.

It was a great Kidabra, so much fun, great to meet new people, and lots of great lectures and sharing.

- Kevin
Out of interest, how many people go to kidabra???
10? 100? 500? 1000? 5000?
Majake,
Somewhere around 200 I would guess. The folks at Kidabra would know for sure.
It was my very first KIDabra. I wasn't able to get there for the beginning but made it for Thurs night thru Sat and it was AMAZING. Laughing - Learning - Lecturing and Lots of time spent in the company of some of the best entertainers ANYWHERE!
It was a great year, tons of fun, we're all sad it's over. Sadly my camera died Saturday afternoon so I wasn't able to capture everything. I uploaded a few more pictures to the blog.

Steve - It was great to have you there...I'm loving the DVD!

Besides my videos, there are a few others up on youtube you can watch. There's a fun one of Barry Mitchell too!

See you all in 2013!

- Kevin
Thanks mucho for doing your video blog, Kevin. It provided a good taste of what KIDabra's all about. And made me wish I'd been there this year!

Thanks again!

Mark