(Close Window)
Topic: Now is the Time! by Ted Karmilovich
Received an email today from Tannen's about the following exclusive offering. Intriguing!
Dave
______________________________________________________________________________________
Now is the Time! by Ted Karmilovich $129.95 (IN STOCK AND NOW SHIPPING!)

Over coffee, lunch, or dinner an envelope is placed in full view. At any time during the meal the participant announces that “Now is the time!” The performer states that earlier in the day he wrote out a prediction. He took a non-working watch and set it to the moment he made that prediction. The spectator removes both the prediction and watch from the envelope. The performer has amazingly predicted the exact moment the participant would make her announcement!

Close-up. Stage. Predict other moments. Numerous performance possibilities. No sleights. No electronics. No outside gimmicks. Self-contained. Watch included.

"Pure genius. A GREAT watch prediction. Anytime. Anywhere. And so simple. A masterpiece from the creative mind of Ted K.”
– Neal Scryer

"Convinces anyone they have been part of a psychic experience. Brilliantly conceived. Creates anticipation, builds suspense, and ends with a devastating shock to the participants!”
– Allen Zingg

"A prediction of a moment in time straight from the Twilight Zone.”
– Neal Rider

"An outstanding performance piece for the mentalist, seance, or bizarre worker. It will stun your host and result in a few sleepless nights...”
– Sebastian Black

"A watch effect for the ages. Truly outstanding. Easy to do with excellent impact."
– Tony Razzano
Seems to impossible to be true! I would wait ,to hear reviews on this one!
Not impossible! There is another thread about this in inner thoughts. I listed there other effects that are similar in theme.
I would really, REALLY like this...i may order it from the states and risk the extra charges...
It would be nice to see a picture of the included watch.
http://www.stevensmagic.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=88_42&products_id=113346
Thanks. I apologize if I missed it when I went to the site before.
It sounds brilliant... We need reviews!
[quote]
On 2012-08-28 19:14, IAIN wrote:
I would really, REALLY like this...i may order it from the states and risk the extra charges...
[/quote]

You wont regret it. Is a piece of work alright.
Hopefully will have my thoughts posted soon
Just got this and read through the material. I have not tried it out yet so these are just my initial thoughts. It took me a few minutes to wrap my head around the method. This looks like it will be very effective. It is simple to perform. One can certainly focus just on presentation. I like it very much. I am working an event next week and will definitely include this. Can use for stage or close up. Very nice. Thumbs up.
Brehaut...your style often seems similar to mine...so you got me interested...
:)
[quote]
On 2012-08-30 15:56, brehaut wrote:
Just got this and read through the material. I have not tried it out yet so these are just my initial thoughts. It took me a few minutes to wrap my head around the method. This looks like it will be very effective. It is simple to perform. One can certainly focus just on presentation. I like it very much. I am working an event next week and will definitely include this. Can use for stage or close up. Very nice. Thumbs up.
[/quote]

Please give us a review of the piece when you've done it. I'm interested and real curious.
I am curious about it too, and I would like to read a review, however I am also a little bit skeptical.
I have no idea of how it works, but what would stop the spectators to think that the clock simply stopped working, in same way, when extracted from the envelope?
[quote]
On 2012-09-02 17:44, bremen79 wrote:
I am curious about it too, and I would like to read a review, however I am also a little bit skeptical.
I have no idea of how it works, but what would stop the spectators to think that the clock simply stopped working, in same way, when extracted from the envelope?
[/quote]

The spectator is holding the envelope. There is no reason for them to think by opening the envelope something is triggered that stops the watch.
[quote]
On 2012-09-02 17:04, Tom Jorgenson wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-08-30 15:56, brehaut wrote:
[/quote]

Tom--will let you know how this effect goes after my performance at a paid event

Please give us a review of the piece when you've done it. I'm interested and real curious.
[/quote]
[quote]
On 2012-09-02 17:44, bremen79 wrote:
[/quote]

The blurb says that there is also a written prediction?...doesn't that state the exact time as well, or does it just explain that the watch suddenly stopped working?

Paul Mc.
As I understand it, the prediction states the difference in time between the time on the watch and the present time. The audience adds the length of time noted to the time set on the watch to arrive at the present time.

Ta Daa.

? Someone please correct me.
I think the questions is the correlation between the watch and the written predication?

Meaning is the watch just a dressing for the written prediction, or is it the other way around? Or a third option is that the watch itself and the written predication are both necessary in order for the method to work?
After seeing the effect performed, Tom is right.

The written prediction is shown to be the DIFFERENCE in time between the time the broken watch was set and the current time. There's a little adding involved.
Makes it a whole different effect... lol
[quote]
On 2012-09-05 03:26, illusioneer wrote:
After seeing the effect performed, Tom is right.

The written prediction is shown to be the DIFFERENCE in time between the time the broken watch was set and the current time. There's a little adding involved.
[/quote]

Just hope for an audience that is not drinking. Seems great but may just take some real clear directions for them to follow. Hope Ted will keep coming out with products such as these!
Mine is up for sale.

e
That was fast :) Jan
That's great news to hear the less people that do this gem the better.
Other People saying GREAT things about this:Jon Stetson,Marc Salem,and Ken Weber.
[quote]
On 2012-09-08 13:27, CarlZen wrote:
Other People saying GREAT things about this:Jon Stetson,Marc Salem,and Ken Weber.
[/quote]
There are Ted's friends.
I went in Tannens yesterday to see it, I didn't buy it.
If you would write a book I would give it my highest recommendations and buy it - o. k. if necessary ;) Jan
Thanks Jan! lol
They're Ted's friend not there are... lol
Now I don't say this product is bad or good, just I didn't find any idea suit it with it.
Dear Parmenion,

is it possible to know why you did not buy it? Can you write a review for us? What about the routine and the final effect?

Thanks!
I own the trick and think it is very clever and creative. No muss or fuss or fiddling. Just presentation. I have not performed it yet, but may do it tonight for a couple of friends. I am an amateur (although one with 50 years of experience in magic), so I can't speak for professionals. I think amateurs will like it because you practice it fully to get it ready to perform the first time. Then you don't have to practice or perform it constantly to keep it in mind and fresh.

Tom's quote above is accurate:
"As I understand it, the prediction states the difference in time between the time on the watch and the present time. The audience adds the length of time noted to the time set on the watch to arrive at the present time."

So you have to have both the watch and the prediction.

It is very easy to do and, again, is all about presentation. I'm happy I bought it.
I saw Ted perform this at a 13 Meeting recently and it killed. Frankly, the beauty and the power of this effect lies in the setup and presentation. As Ted demonstrated the piece, it was totally mind-numbing. What I saw was Powerful Stuff. Not complicated physically, but something that offers a number of verbal subtleties to create a variety of effects. (He includes a booklet with variations contributed by a number of popular performers.) CaMagic51 is right - it's all about the presentation. I bought one on the spot and will use this.
Regards,
B.
Any more reviews?
[quote]
On 2012-11-18 12:41, lucavolpe wrote:
Any more reviews?
[/quote]

Me too. Seems to be hot and cold.
I will be performing this for a large group in two weeks for a Christmas dinner show, and expect it to really blow the crowd's minds. One thing I've done to aid acceptance of the watch is to "age" it a bit. As delivered, it looks too clean, the leather watch band too flat and stiff. So I scuffed it up a bit, worked the band back and forth to put a natural curve in it, and then wore it for a few days. This gave it the look of a well worn belt where the "tang" of the buckle goes through one of the belt holes puts a slight crimp into the belt. It immediately made the watch look more believable. You definitely want the crowd to simply accept the stopped watch at "face" value, without thinking about it too much or suspecting that the watch is more than it seems. Will report back on the results.
This is a BRILLIANT idea and I only can say THANK YOU TED, I performed the effect during the last 2 months and the audience was really surprised. I think it's a great prop.
It is critical to the power of the effect that you have a thoroughly thought out, clear and clean script to explain how and why the time on the watch relates to the current time.
I performed this piece on a TV Show last month.
It has opened a few doors.
SB
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Mar 17, 2015 09:11PM)
NOW IT΄S THE TIME! for Ted to remember me and to send me his new timepiece as a gift!

Ted, Nicholas, Neal, Tony, Jon... anyone reading this... NOW IT΄S THE TIME to send Paolo this little marvel!

:wavey:
What happened to that product ? I can't find it anywhere. It doesn't show up in Tannen's and Steven's Magic.
I'm thinking it sold out.
There are other gimmicks on the market that accomplish the same goal as this, but the problem is that as soon as someone else will use them on tv, your audience will recognize the gimmicks.