(Close Window)
Topic: Performing table for child
My six year old son and I are learning ventriloquist together and I would like to get him a performing table. The mic stands are too tall. Does anyone have an idea for a performing table for a 48" tall child or somewhere to purchase one.
Thanks
Tim
Tim, check with Al Good. His web site is:
http://algoodproducts.com/
Thanks Tom.
These may be a little more than I want to spend at this time since my son is six and just getting started.
One thing I did not see was the lowest height these would go to. The problem I am finding is that they are to tall for a shorter person.
Thanks again for the link.
Tim
A mic stand cut down (from the bottom) to your desired height with an adapter and one of Al good's tops should work.
Tim -
Here is another idea. Go to a Home Improvement store and buy some 1" PVC, a couple of flanges and a piece of 3/4" plywood. Cut two 12" squares from the plywood, paint them black, attach the flanges and use the PVC as a leg. You can cut it to whatever height you want. Put some felt on the top piece to act as a table top. Instant, inexpensive stand.
Tom
[quote]
On 2012-08-31 10:25, tacrowl wrote:
Tim -
Here is another idea. Go to a Home Improvement store and buy some 1" PVC, a couple of flanges and a piece of 3/4" plywood. Cut two 12" squares from the plywood, paint them black, attach the flanges and use the PVC as a leg. You can cut it to whatever height you want. Put some felt on the top piece to act as a table top. Instant, inexpensive stand.
Tom
[/quote]

Great idea Tom!
What about a symbol stand for a kids drum set my daughter has one and she is six I just had her stand with it, its a perfect height. something like the high hat stand. you can buy just the stand without the pedal or center rod
I started looking at other stands like drum stands. I will look for a child drum set stand.

The PVC method. Do you know how sturdy that would be. I was going to go to home depot tomorrow to make a stand to display his puppet. May try the performing stand option.
Thanks for the ideas.
Tim
Another idea might be a music stand used to hold sheet music. They usually adjust pretty low for people who need to use it sitting down, and the "platform" (for lack of a better word coming to mind) that holds the sheet music can be adjusted flat out on most modern stands like one I have.
Not sure how sturdy the PVC would be, but it isn't something you set a lot of weight on. I have one a Sammy King's Francisco and the stand is made of three sections of 1"PVC with connectors. It works great.
I have an upeats on my table. I went to guitar center today hoping to get a used stand of some kind. I found a music stand made by proline. It is on the link below. It is just the right height when all the way down and I can put the sheet holder flat and it makes a great table. I may even go back tomorrow and buy another one. The list price is $39 but it was on sale until tomorrow for $29. See it here
http://m.guitarcenter.com/ProLine-GMS80A-Conductor-Sheet-Music-Stand-100473279-i1168480.gc
That's exactly what I was talking about in my post, I got one a few years ago which I bought for music, but quickly realized it's potential as a vent stand.
Thanks for the idea because it is exactly what I needed. In fact this would make a great table for magic which is why I may buy another one.