(Close Window)
Topic: Paul Harris Presents CLOSURE by Robert Smith (Official Trailer)
Hello everyone, here is the official trailer of CLOSURE with full no cut performance. Robert has performed this effect for me many times while we were filming. Best hand off ring flight I've seen! Please watch the trailer below:

LINK: https://vimeo.com/49120469

A borrowed ring is held in your fist. A spectator lays her hand on your chest. With SLEEVES ROLLED UP, her ring COMPLETELY VANISHES. It is GENUINELY GONE! Immediately- the SPECTATOR FEELS SOMETHING appear beneath your shirt. You NEVER touch the chain- THE SPECTATOR pulls your chain into view. HER RING IS LINKED ON YOUR CHAIN!

Important points!

* AFTER THE RING VANISH YOUR HANDS ARE IMMEDIATELY 100% EMPTY
* SHE ACTUALLY FEELS HER RING APPEAR ON THE CHAIN
* YOUR HANDS NEVER GO NEAR YOUR NECK UNTIL AFTER SHE REVEALS HER OWN RING
* NO PALMING OR SWITCHES
• NO LOADING OF THE RING AFTER THE VANISH
• PERFORM SURROUNDED
• RESETS IN SECONDS
• PERFORM IN A T-SHIRT OR FULL JACKET

COMPLETE WITH DARRYL VANAMBURG CUSTOM ENGINEERED GIMMICKS, DVD, AND 2 DIFFERENT SETS OF CHAINS: ONE SILVER AND ONE BLACK.
Love the trailer. Great to see a full performance of the effect. This really looks like it will fit my style! Can't wait!
Whoa - this is awesome! Can't wait to pick this up!
At 0:48 is when we actually see the trick.

WOW! I do this, but with a false transfer and I have to load the ring as I take the chain out.

VERY clever "polishing" the ring by Robert. SHE lifted the chain from his neck and the ring was there.

Now, THAT'S a trailer!

Very nice boys. I'm teased the right way!
Sweet.
I thing I love about the trailer is they didn't try and hide "the move". It great to see a full routine and how it all pieces together. I really want to perform this right now!
It says no palming or switches, perform surrounded. It comes with 2 chains, silver and black.

Richard Sanders Interlace is an amazing trick. It wasn't for me for different reasons, the biggest being I think the magic should always be UP as much as possible. It's why I like the McClintock Twist over The Asher Twist ( plus I can't do Asher's;-)

A version I do requires the ring palmed and I have to lift the chain ( how else does it get there:-) Not ideal, but it works.

Closure looks incredible.

You've got the hook in my mouth, boys!
How closely can the chain be examined when their ring is attached?
Message: Posted by: Bernardo Rodriguez (Sep 9, 2012 06:42PM)
Wow I have ideas, but seems so unlikely I'm correct. Although DARRYL VANAMBURG has been known for creative gimmicks. This looks great though!! I'll definitely pick this up!! It's funny how the trailer says "100% Empty" hahaha
I'm 100% grabbing this. Looks great.
[quote]
On 2012-09-09 18:39, jprace wrote:
[/quote]

At a guess, as long as you open the clasp to get the ring off they will be grabbing for their ring while you put the chain back on.

? you expect them to try st--g it?
[quote]
On 2012-09-09 18:39, jprace wrote:
[/quote]

Why would they want to examine it? It's a neck chain.

It's like a spec want to examine a wallet for a CTW routine.

It it there. Bam.

If the items look ordinary, should be clean.
I'm not saying I'd hand it out for examination, but when they pull the chain out from your shirt, I wouldn't want anything to be revealed if they're a little touchy. (If it's a problem you can obviously pull out the chain yourself.) Just wondering...
I want it and I want it now.

Currently the only ring on chain type effect I do is Peter Eggink's "Exit" THIS LOOKS BRILLIANT
Everything is as it should be,it is their ring, the chain is normal and can be examined by the spectator if need be :) My new favorite thing.

Bro
Did anybody say when this will be for sale and how much?
Seems to be around $115 and being released at the end of September.
Is there any noise issue?
Where did you see the $115 mark jprace? thanks in advance for any help.
[quote]
On 2012-09-09 21:12, ike_hill wrote:
[/quote]

http://www.magicshop.co.uk/p22308/Closure_-_Paul_Harris_Presents_and_Robert_Smith/product_info.html

Guess it's just available in the UK right now.
[quote]
On 2012-09-09 21:13, Zombie Magic wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-09-09 21:12, ike_hill wrote:
[/quote]

http://www.magicshop.co.uk/p22308/Closure_-_Paul_Harris_Presents_and_Robert_Smith/product_info.html

Guess it's just available in the UK right now.
[/quote]

didn't even think to check shops across the pond. thanks for the quick response zm.
[quote]
On 2012-09-09 20:39, jprace wrote:
I'm not saying I'd hand it out for examination, but when they pull the chain out from your shirt, I wouldn't want anything to be revealed if they're a little touchy. (If it's a problem you can obviously pull out the chain yourself.) Just wondering...
[/quote]

Good questions all - especially if the performer has a great body, right?

I mean seriously, this effect could cause some issues with spectators getting too "touchy" - I guess one of the genuine hazards of being a performer out there.

Darn, somebody's gotta do it.
[quote]
On 2012-09-09 21:15, saysold1 wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-09-09 20:39, jprace wrote:
[/quote]

Good questions all - especially if the performer has a great body, right?

I mean seriously, this effect could cause some issues with spectators getting too "touchy" - I guess one of the genuine hazards of being a performer out there.

Darn, somebody's gotta do it.
[/quote]

I'm up for the task as well, although the $115 is what is holding me back right now. If it was the normal $40-60 I wouldn't have hesitated, but as it stands I might start waiting for the reviews to come around before I make the purchase.
So I'm guessing that this must work like some kind of ring flight mech.

If so I wonder how quiet it is?
Wow! Looks outstanding!
Just to be honest

this one looks really outstanding. cant wait to see some nice reviews.
Looks great to perform socially, but for formal gigs I need to wear a suit with a shirt that's tucked in. Is it still possible to perform this under those circumstances?
Looks Good

When is it due Out ?

Cost ?

Thanks

Martin
Hi Martin

We are now taking pre-orders for the first batch of Closure in the UK

I assume a US dealer will also start taking orders any day now. If you live in the US, it may be better to wait for a US dealer to stock it, as you may get it a touch cheaper that way, rather than having it go from the US to the UK and back again.

I'm told it should ship out later this month.

Hope this helps
Dominic
[quote]
On 2012-09-09 21:20, saysold1 wrote:

[/quote]

Does anyone have any input on my wild speculation?

This does look good - really good.
Oh boy, I love Ringflight effects like Interlace or Departure.
Can't wait to get my hands on this one. Closure seems to be one of my next favorite effects.
I hope it will work very smooth and silent.
Can't wait for some reviews.

Cheers

Nikki
Just hope this ships a little quicker than Little Man.
[quote]
On 2012-09-10 03:20, Caliban wrote:
Looks great to perform socially, but for formal gigs I need to wear a suit with a shirt that's tucked in. Is it still possible to perform this under those circumstances?
[/quote]

Though I'm just speculating, I would think you could do this with a tucked in dress shirt...you do have space between your buttons.
I was watching again and both Robert & Peter were wearing a variety of shirt attire - and colors. So it doesn't seem to need black per se - nor a jacket like some ring flights.
I really hope the dealers at the Genii convention will have this.
Polishing a ring on your cheap T shirt will look fine, but on an expensive suit shirt that's tucked in? That'll look a tad suspicious.
[quote]
On 2012-09-10 11:08, saysold1 wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-09-09 21:20, saysold1 wrote:

[/quote]

Does anyone have any input on my wild speculation?

This does look good - really good.
[/quote]

I would think that the actual distance that the ring would need to go from where the vanish takes place to the necklace (1 foot) seems shorter than a usual ring flight to a back pocket (I would guess around 2-3 feet), therefore the reel would have to spin less than usual and make less noise (just speculating myself).
[quote]
On 2012-09-10 13:06, pegasus wrote:
Polishing a ring on your cheap T shirt will look fine, but on an expensive suit shirt that's tucked in? That'll look a tad suspicious.
[/quote]
Watch the trailer. There are various vanishes shown.
This looks great! Will definitely keep an eye on it when it's available!

Matt
I'm biting the bullet and pre ordering.

I will post a review when I get it.

-Bobby
I look forward to hearing your thoughts, Bobby. This looks good, but I'm not sure the price makes it worth it for me. Guess we'll wait and see!
I like this but I also love alan rorrisons bodies in flight routine, which is a ring to neck chain.
I was with B. Smith (robert) when he came up with this many years ago. I have seen this from the original concept to what it finally ended up being. This is by far the BEST most MODERN ring flight effect to date. And FINALLY an effect that is priced RIGHT!
This is something you will have on you ALL the time and you WILL perform it ALL THE TIME!!
JM
So it is a flight - meaning a reel of some kind.

To me this looks more interesting and clean that David Regal's effect (and I love David's stuff by the way).
[quote]
On 2012-09-10 16:08, saysold1 wrote:
So it is a flight - meaning a reel of some kind.

To me this looks more interesting and clean that David Regal's effect (and I love David's stuff by the way).
[/quote]

I said nothing of that nature at all! I am talking about the effect, its a ring flight TYPE effect. Borrowed ring vanishes and ends up somewhere else tied, clipped or chained to an impossible location. I said nothing about what you said! And its WAAAAAAYYYY better than david's by leaps and bounds (love his stuff as well).
Thank you guys for the interest. A few more key points;

- this can be done with a tucked in button down shirt
- I teach 2 methods which make the effect completely silent.
- multiple routines/presentations (including transpositions, "thru" the pocket, and some "watch me" performances where the spectator doesn't touch you at all) are included
- different ways to vanish the ring (the polish is just 1 of 4 examples.. Not sure if I mentioned it on the dvd, but you might also want to pick up Richard Sanders anyring vanishing hank.. that makes 5 examples)

US and Canada, I will also be taking pre orders on the first batch (I only have 16 left to sell) PM me if interested and I will ship it out the day they arrive!

Thanks guys!
Robert Smith
Wouldn't the heat be on the ring when gets "polished" in the t-shirt? The vanish seems the weak part of this effect...
[quote]
On 2012-09-10 16:18, bsmith wrote:

- multiple routines/presentations (including transpositions, "thru" the pocket, and some "watch me" performances where the spectator doesn't touch you at all) are included
- different ways to vanish the ring (the polish is just 1 of 4 examples.. Not sure if I mentioned it on the dvd, but you might also want to pick up Richard Sanders anyring vanishing hank.. that makes 5 examples)

US and Canada, I will also be taking pre orders on the first batch (I only have 16 left to sell) PM me if interested and I will ship it out the day they arrive!

Thanks guys!
Robert Smith
[/quote]

Robert, I use Richard Sanders anyring vanishing hank for my ring on stick. ANY ring can be borrowed using Richard's prop.

Thanks for the extra info!
Hi papernick, check out the trailer one more time.. As I mentioned in my last post the polish is just 1 of 4/5 ways to vanish it. Also, to answer your question - no, I've never had any heat after the polish. Peter has some brilliant handling tips that make that method my favorite for real world.
Zombie Magic, anyring is a brilliant little gimmick!. I use it in my parlor set.
Just ordered from Robert directly. No risk no reward. This looks really nice. I know Clarke is thinking hard about this too.
[quote]
On 2012-09-10 19:39, saysold1 wrote:
Just ordered from Robert directly. No risk no reward. This looks really nice. I know Clarke is thinking hard about this too.
[/quote]

Brett, you clever fox, you went right to the source! When I saw the lady lift the chain up and there was her ring, they had me.

I'll have to hold off a bit, but can't wait to hear your thoughts. Being were both fans of B. Smith's work, I'm jealous you're getting yours first!
I think the necklace is stretchable. And it opens up on one side at the bottom

Just speculation
PM'd you Robert.
[quote]
On 2012-09-10 20:02, rasmus wrote:
I think the necklace is stretchable. And it opens up on one side at the bottom

Just speculation
[/quote]

I'm also wondering if the neck chain must be somehow "anchored" in some way to the performers body - especially from the area where the pull happens.
Penguin has it in stock:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2821
[quote]his product is expected to ship on September 25th, 2012[/quote]
Not really. :) But they have it in catalog. :)
[quote]
On 2012-09-11 12:29, Zombie Magic wrote:
Penguin has it in stock:

[/quote]

You're right, ships on the 25th.
Rasmus, whether your right or wrong, posting speculation on how something is done seems a little too much.
This just looks cool. Its on my list for sure.
[quote]
On 2012-09-11 13:26, Tom G wrote:
Rasmus, whether your right or wrong, posting speculation on how something is done seems a little too much.
[/quote]

Actually this thread is in fact for some speculation. Come down on me if you like since I've put plenty of speculation on this thread.

I personally don't see the harm in it. But since ordering yesterday I will now impatiently await the real deal arriving in my mailbox.
OH, sure Brett, it's fun for you to speculate with yours on the way!. lol.

I've come up will all sorts of methods for Closure. Rubber bands, pulley's, etc. I bet they'd all work to. Sort of.

Speculation is fun to do!
[quote]
On 2012-09-11 12:45, Zombie Magic wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-09-11 12:29, Zombie Magic wrote:
Penguin has it in stock:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Now says it will ship on 10/05
I'm OK with the date change because...I don't have the money now. lol.

Saysold1 is getting hjs direct from Robert, so he'll be able to review it for us.
I know finally how this awesome trick works :)

it's real magic!
You meant reel magic. :)
:)
The main thing for me is if it is practical. Some times the effect makes to much noise in operation. Some times it's the vannish or the hookup or the clean up. The demo looks great but I will wait for more reveiws. I've been disappointed before think Gecko it had all those problems and more.
I don't think there are noise issues in this method. I think to get the ring
on the necklace will be the hardest part to accomplish without to much
hand moves.

I am wondering if this trick can be done without the cleaning or polishing procedure.
would be great:)
B. Smith puts out some good ...t.

That's my opinion. I trust him.

Like a lot of you guys I don't pre-order now from almost anybody - especially a $100+ trick. Been burned too many times.

But Smith to me is an incredibly clever guy, and based on what Justin said this has been honed out and perfected by Smith over some years before releasing it.

To me some of the best effects are the well guarded "secrets" that have been part of a performers repertoire for a long time - ironing out the bugs and routines.

I have a gut feeling that this will be a huge release for Robert. I may be wrong, but I think I'm right :)
I cant wait to read your review brett. penguin sayd it will be ship the 5. october. perhaps
a dealer will have it allready at the convention in orlando. if so, I think I have to get
it after I saw a life presentation.

it looks really impressive and would fit my table hopping act perfectly. I think if brett has
a good feeling about something this has to be a winner. so lets talk later
[quote]
On 2012-09-10 16:18, paperinick wrote:
Wouldn't the heat be on the ring when gets "polished" in the t-shirt? The vanish seems the weak part of this effect...
[/quote]

No kidding. That's the last place I'd expect someone to go with my ring. Directly to the crotch for some "polishing".

Put both hands on your crotch and every eye in the room will follow. It's the Michael Jackson principle. The opposite of misdirection. Barely missed erection.

DD
As soon as B announced his pre-sale on Facebook I bought one. It looks really good to me too. Love the hands on thing, can't wait to get some women to touch me...lol!!

-J-
[quote]
On 2012-09-12 00:43, Judah Vee wrote:
As soon as B announced his pre-sale on Facebook I bought one. It looks really good to me too. Love the hands on thing, can't wait to get some women to touch me...lol!!

-J-
[/quote]

Judah, I hoep you review it when you get it ( I trust your reviews ).
[quote]
On 2012-09-12 00:59, Zombie Magic wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-09-12 00:43, Judah Vee wrote:

-J-
[/quote]

Judah, I hoep you review it when you get it ( I trust your reviews ).
[/quote]

Wow....someone actually reads my reviews? lol!
Will review it good or bad, like always

Thanks Zom....

-J-
Can the chain be worn around one's neck, hidden under the shirt, without use for long period's of time? For example, can I put the chain on every morning under my shirt, walk around all-day, and two weeks later when I choose to perform the trick I am ready to go?

Thanks
[quote]
On 2012-09-12 11:00, TTrushin wrote:
Can the chain be worn around one's neck, hidden under the shirt, without use for long period's of time? For example, can I put the chain on every morning under my shirt, walk around all-day, and two weeks later when I choose to perform the trick I am ready to go?

Thanks
[/quote]

Great question!
Excellent question TTrushin. I suspect we won't know for sure until a review appears on the Café
The ad says you get two chains - one silver and one in black.

It looks like those stainless steel "ball" neck chains available on Ebay.

In watching the video you can see that the performer places the specs hand slightly high on the performer's chest while "awaiting" the disappearance of the ring from the hand. After the ring is shown to visually have disappeared, their hand on the chest is lowered a bit to the area where the ring is "found" to have travelled.

I know I know - this is obvious stuff for us. Still the speed with which the ring is taken, and the fact that I can't see anything funny happening behind the shirt is impressive so far.
About 50 years ago I watched a lecture by Johnny Paul in which he taught his Ring on Wand effect. It takes some practice to do well, but I have been blowing audiences away with it since I learned it. If you have a nice wand, an 18" silk, and a rubber band you are ready to go. I'm more than happy with the big audience reaction to this and I have yet to be caught making the move. The fact that a spectator participates in the trick strengthens it.

I always wear a stylish gold ring which is the perfect weight for doing the effect right. SInce it gets thoroughly examined, it works just as well as a borrowed ring IMO. That glittering, heavy ring spinning on a clear lucite wand makes a terrific climax.

If you do kids shows, this makes a great encore bit with an adult as your assistant.
Living on a fixed income causes me to try and get the most out of my magic dollars. FOr $120 postpaid you can get the four DVD set of the Al Schneider Technique from L&L magic. In it you will learn from one of the best teachers of closeup magic

Here are two of the *numerous tricks* taught in the videos. As with most Schneider effects they require very little sleight of hand to master:

RING AND PENCIL - Another classic of magic improved by the Schneider touch! A ring is placed onto a pencil and though the spectator holds both ends, the ring vanishes and is found on the performer's finger. Another any time, any place miracle!

OFF - A finger ring is threaded onto a length of rope three times yet comes off with just a simple tap on the hand. A spectator who watched Al perform this ten times in one evening finally asked, "Where do you hide the other ring?"
Wrong section, Tony!
I believe that is a matter of opinion. The people in this forum are clearly interested in a finger ring effect. Why is it wrong to suggest that there are cheaper alternatives to the effect in question?
I agree. Wrong section. Let's keep this on topic. Ring on neckchain, not ring on wand.
I have a few ring flights but looks as if this may trump them. Interested in the level of difficulty (1-10).
One question: Does this work on it's own...or is this an aditional utility that requires a pre-existing ring flight? I'm not fishing and I have a couple of great RF's. I think this is an important concideration. Looks great and I'll be eagerly awaiting more reviews before purchase.
Its definetly self contained IMO
Agree.
At £80 it ought to be complete tbh. And yes, I have pre-ordered and have a very good feeling about this.
I've got to be honest it does look good !!

Peter has announced he has some pre sales of closure on his Facebook page.

Just a heads up before he sells them all :)

Minus mine :)

Cheers

Mark Southworth
Robert's gone radio silent it seems until launch time. All we can do now is wait.
[quote]
On 2012-09-12 18:30, pegasus wrote:
I agree. Wrong section. Let's keep this on topic. Ring on neckchain, not ring on wand.
[/quote]
The demo video suggests it's a ring on crotch, not ring on wand.
:)
I like that you get both a silver and black chain, instead of selling them separately ( like when you have to choose between red or blue back gaffs ).
[quote]
On 2012-09-20 01:16, Zombie Magic wrote:
I like that you get both a silver and black chain, instead of selling them separately ( like when you have to choose between red or blue back gaffs ).
[/quote]

You're paying for both of them so I don't really see how it's a good thing.
I guess they could have just offered one for the same price. I'm a glass half full person.
Ya know...I love this effect. However, borrowing someone's precious ring scares hell out of me! I could tell you horror stories...but, not here. That said, is there something ELSE you could use besides a ring? A key, perhaps?

Doug
I am pretty sure, that this will work with other objects if they fit on
the chain.

cant wait to get mine :)
[quote]

Thanks guys!
Robert Smith
[/quote]
[quote]
On 2012-09-20 17:29, Dougini wrote:
Ya know...I love this effect. However, borrowing someone's precious ring scares hell out of me! I could tell you horror stories...but, not here. That said, is there something ELSE you could use besides a ring? A key, perhaps?

Doug
[/quote]yup I see where you coming from

its a very strong effect you can always carry around a nice fake ring with a nice diamond on it and let them inspect it I guess, now as powerful as if it was their own
Anytime I've done ring effects where it's borrowed, I ask for a ring that isn't too expensive ( you'd be surprised how many people will actually give you an expensive ring when trust has been established ). But I also take off my ring and let them hold that. I won't go into the patter I use, but you get the idea.
[quote]
On 2012-09-20 17:29, Dougini wrote:

Doug
[/quote]

I understand your fears and this is why I don't use other ring flights as I do not like the idea that at a certain point a ring is somewhat "flying" in the air to its destination (back pocket). This is why I currently use Pro-flit by Nicholas Einhorn / Bob Swaddling because you are essentially in control over the ring at every point. Closure seems to do the dirty work while contained within the confines of clothing.
I think that the most emotional impact would occur with a spectator's borrowed ring - and I agree don't let 'em give you their big rock.

Any ring other than a spectator's own to me screams out gimmick - and thus would not have nearly the impact.

Magic is at it's best when it's emotional imho.

This new one looks to be particularly emotional and hard hitting.

I'm hoping this ships by end of month!
I like this with the Ring of the Specator also
Yes saysold, very well mentioned as always :)

it definetly looks 1000% better with a borrowed ring.
if the ring is to precious and it gets lost, I would suggest to write an e-mail to a well known mentalist:)
perhaps he can find it for you:)
[quote]
On 2012-09-21 19:14, rasmus wrote:
Yes saysold, very well mentioned as always :)

it definetly looks 1000% better with a borrowed ring.
if the ring is to precious and it gets lost, I would suggest to write an e-mail to a well known mentalist:)
perhaps he can find it for you:)
[/quote]

Yes - especially if that mentalist is wearing a white jumpsuit with a cape and lots of rhinestones..groovy black glasses - with long black sideburns.
He he he :)
[quote]
On 2012-09-20 15:25, Zombie Magic wrote:
I guess they could have just offered one for the same price. I'm a glass half full person.
[/quote]
It has nothing to do with optimism, you get what you pay for. You pay for both, you get both. What you're saying is you're happy they aren't trying to rip you off by overpricing it.

About borrowing a ring, you MUST... You can't use your own ring because for all they know you already had a duplicate on the necklace the whole time. The only impressive part will be the vanish and that will be overlooked because they will have "worked out" how it got on the chain.
[quote]
On 2012-09-22 01:57, PatrickGregoire wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-09-20 15:25, Zombie Magic wrote:
[/quote]
It has nothing to do with optimism, you get what you pay for. You pay for both, you get both. What you're saying is you're happy they aren't trying to rip you off by overpricing it.

[/quote]

No, that's not what I'm saying. If it was, I would have just said it.
[quote]
On 2012-09-22 01:57, PatrickGregoire wrote:
...About borrowing a ring, you MUST...You can't use your own ring because for all they know you already had a duplicate on the necklace the whole time. The only impressive part will be the vanish and that will be overlooked because they will have "worked out" how it got on the chain.
[/quote]

You're right, Patrick. I guess it boils down to being careful, that's all. I love this effect! I like the idea of two necklaces. You can coordinate with what you're wearing. Thumbs up! :)

Doug
I honestly think that you guys are desperate for some decent magic. This doesn't look very good at all.

$115 for a really awkward ring flight? I'm sorry guys, the crotch thing is a serious issue. I'm surprised everyone chooses to ignore it. Your audience won't. Especially when it's their ring approaching your crotch.

There are much better ring tricks for a lot less money. Why add this steamer to the pile?

DD
[quote]
On 2012-09-22 12:39, Don Dasher wrote:
I honestly think that you guys are desperate for some decent magic. This doesn't look very good at all.

$115 for a really awkward ring flight? I'm sorry guys, the crotch thing is a serious issue. I'm surprised everyone chooses to ignore it. Your audience won't. Especially when it's their ring approaching your crotch.

There are much better ring tricks for a lot less money. Why add this steamer to the pile?

DD
[/quote]

If I wanted to give a borrowed ring a quick buff on my shirt, that is exactly how I'd do it, I'd pull out the bottom of my shirt and give it a polish. It would be strange to me to pull out the middle of my shirt or my collar to polish a ring on. So, the move in context seems completely natural to me. But, as has been mentioned, there are other ways to load the ring as well.
[quote]

Thanks guys!
Robert Smith
[/quote]

Robert says the demo showed just one way to vanish the ring.
[quote]
On 2012-09-22 13:28, Zombie Magic wrote:
[quote]

Thanks guys!
Robert Smith
[/quote]

Robert says the demo showed just one way to vanish the ring.
[/quote]

Maybe a demo of an alternate vanish would put the crotch thing to rest. I'd like to see a demo with a buttoned tucked in shirt.
[quote]
On 2012-09-22 02:10, Zombie Magic wrote:
[/quote]

You said you were happy that they included both necklaces because they could have just included one for the same price. Since you are paying for both, including just one would be overpriced, hence you are happy that it is not overpriced. It's called reading between the lines.
[quote]
On 2012-09-22 13:57, PatrickGregoire wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-09-22 02:10, Zombie Magic wrote:
[/quote]

You said you were happy that they included both necklaces because they could have just included one for the same price. Since you are paying for both, including just one would be overpriced, hence you are happy that it is not overpriced. It's called reading between the lines.
[/quote]

You must live in a remote area and have trouble communicating.

You said "What you're saying is you're happy they aren't trying to rip you off by overpricing it".

I NEVER said anything close to that.

Try to get out more among people. Your verbal skills will improve.
[quote]
On 2012-09-22 12:39, Don Dasher wrote:

DD
[/quote]

Don, please bring up the "crotch issue" some more so people can continue to point out that it's not the only vanish. I find it very helpful.
[quote]
On 2012-09-22 13:59, Zombie Magic wrote:
You must live in a remote area and have trouble communicating.
[/quote]

Read my post, it's a well formulated, logical statement.

[quote]
I NEVER said anything close to that.
[/quote]

[quote]
On 2012-09-22 13:57, PatrickGregoire wrote:
It's called reading between the lines.
[/quote]

[quote]
Try to get out more among people. Your verbal skills will improve.
[/quote]

Sure, 'cause typing is a verbal skill... I'll keep that in mind, thank you.
[quote]
On 2012-09-22 17:16, PatrickGregoire wrote:

[/quote]

Verbal communication includes written and oral.

Don't dismiss medication to help you. Check with your family Doctor.
[quote]
On 2012-09-22 17:19, Zombie Magic wrote:
[/quote]

You're right, I learned something today.

[quote]
[/quote]

Okey Doke champ.
C'mon kids... Can we get Back on topic please?

The crotch thing Don mentions reeks of troll bait - honestly.

I trust B. Smith's mind and artistry to create something great. In a PM to me Robert shared that most of his smartest magic pals were blown by Closure. Hype? Maybe.

But instead of troll remarks, Why not wait a few more weeks and we will hear some real world feedback?

We can all figure that its a flight of some sort.
After viewing the demo video of 'Closure' it seems that the gimmick chain (necklace) is very well though out and very clever in its working. With a little (3 to 5 seconds) misdirection so much can be achieved.

I will await an honest review.

:xmas:
Is there much more to this than Colin McLeod's similar effect? I already have that, but like the premise.
OOOOHHHHH! Right cross, uppercut, KO!
And still the champion, Zombie!
James

[quote]
[quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Any updates on this?
Hey everyone, just talked to Penguin, and they said there's at least a one month delay from the expected October 5th date. Apparently revamping and reengineering of the gimmick is needed. I took the plunge and placed a pre-order for Closure a while back, so hopefully this issue gets sorted out soon. Jeff, I'm a huge fan, and Keylicious continues to be something I have with me every day! :)
He he he - I'm still laughing!

Back to topic. Ok you guys from Paul Harris presents... please, please, please do the finishing touches and finally release this effect.
It looks sooo smooth and nice and I personally give a (insert bad word here) how to vanish the ring. There are so many possiblities!

I trust Paul Harris presents and also B.Smith.

Can't wait for this one.

Just my 2 cents

Cheers

Nikki

[quote]
On 2012-09-23 02:52, Xiqual wrote:
OOOOHHHHH! Right cross, uppercut, KO!
And still the champion, Zombie!
James

[quote]
[quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
Thanks for the info ashah12

[quote]
On 2012-09-27 12:52, ashah12 wrote:
Hey everyone, just talked to Penguin, and they said there's at least a one month delay from the expected October 5th date. Apparently revamping and reengineering of the gimmick is needed. I took the plunge and placed a pre-order for Closure a while back, so hopefully this issue gets sorted out soon. Jeff, I'm a huge fan, and Keylicious continues to be something I have with me every day! :)
[/quote]
Has there ever been a pre-order that has actually shipped when expected? I'm serious. This issue comes up for every pre-order and never ceases to amaze me.
Uh-oh. I'm inclined to think "Here we go again." I hope not, though. I hope this won't turn into a Little Man situation.
I suppose I am a bit confused, as someone who pre-ordered, why the gimmick is having to be revamped. Weren't they using it in the demo? Wasn't R&D already sorted out by the time that was made? Just my thoughts.
[quote]
On 2012-09-27 17:24, Illucifer wrote:
Uh-oh. I'm inclined to think "Here we go again." I hope not, though. I hope this won't turn into a Little Man situation.
I suppose I am a bit confused, as someone who pre-ordered, why the gimmick is having to be revamped. Weren't they using it in the demo? Wasn't R&D already sorted out by the time that was made? Just my thoughts.
[/quote]

There is no friggin way.

B. Smith says it rocks and has used it for some years personally and that Paul Harris' people took the existing gimmick and kicked it up some notches. No clay involved.
B. smith doesn't release very often, but when he does, it gets glowing reviews.

saysold1, looking forward to your review when you get yours.
Ya but the pre order is getting way out of hand. If thay say one date then stick to it. This happens evertime. Its just to get the sales up I am sure.
When will everyone learn?

The only people that benefit from Pre- Orders are the dealers

Think about it £90 Item ,

at 500 Pre Orders that is £45,000 Sitting in the Dealers Bank account

(How much would the bank have charged a dealer for this type of loan?)

While the Dealer is Earning interest for 2 months or might end up 3 months anyone’s Guess

You are out of Pocket

Look what’s happened in the past
(1) Little Man - 2 Years late in arriving
(2) Rudy Coby's Notes 3 Years and Still Waiting

The List Goes On

Let’s face it if the Item is that good there will be plenty available

If it’s not then you have kept the money in your account instead of the dealer’s

So I say STOP GIVING THE DEALERS BANK ACCOUNTS

WAIT!!!

SEE IF IT’s AS GOOD AS THE DEMO

Then Buy
[quote]
On 2012-09-28 12:23, JackMagic wrote:
When will everyone learn?

The only people that benefit from Pre- Orders are the dealers

Think about it £90 Item ,

at 500 Pre Orders that is £45,000 Sitting in the Dealers Bank account

(How much would the bank have charged a dealer for this type of loan?)

While the Dealer is Earning interest for 2 months or might end up 3 months anyone’s Guess

You are out of Pocket

Look what’s happened in the past
(1) Little Man - 2 Years late in arriving
(2) Rudy Coby's Notes 3 Years and Still Waiting

The List Goes On

Let’s face it if the Item is that good there will be plenty available

If it’s not then you have kept the money in your account instead of the dealer’s

So I say STOP GIVING THE DEALERS MONEY

WAIT!!!

SEE IF IT’s AS GOOD AS THE DEMO

Then Buy
[/quote]
I agree on all points.
Robert told me that the DVD is currently being replicated, and he hopes the trick ships this week.
Awesome! That would be great. Do you think penguin will be shipping out this week as well on all pre orders, or will I have to wait another month like they said? :/
[quote]
On 2012-09-27 12:52, ashah12 wrote:
[/quote]

This is false. No revamping or reengineering is needed... Who did you speak with?

Anyway, sorry about the lack of updates, and thank you guys for your patience. We decided to include some 'extras' and that has delayed things a bit, but for the better. Expected to ship out in approx 7 - 10 days.
Mr. Smith,

I spoke with Daniel over at Penguin, who said it would be about a month before the trick was released. Regardless, I cannot wait for this to be released! I already know that I've made a great purchase, because you've always come out with awesome innovations. I'll be waiting by my mailbox! :)

Sincerely,

Arsh Shah
Hi everyone just a quick update. On final testing we discovered a glitch in the Closure DVD master, also wanted to add some extra's to make it extremely clear and easy. It has been addressed and a new master has been pressed. There will be one more test of the final master tomorrow and then we should be good to go on Monday/Tuesday this week. Once the discs are done they will still have to be priority shipped to Canada for final assembly with the gimmicks and then after assembly back to Murphies magic. I do not want to give an exact date as sometimes things can get held up in customs etc. but wanted to let everyone know that we are very close and working as fast as we can to get the product out the door for our customers :) Thank you. Stay tuned for more updates as they become available. Thanks.
This is Exit by Peter Eggink X 1000 Getting this for sure when it hits stores.
[quote]
On 2012-10-06 12:06, MR Effecto wrote:
This is Exit by Peter Eggink X 1000 Getting this for sure when it hits stores.
[/quote]

I had to look up Exit. It got great reviews, even by Steve Brooks himself:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=167341&forum=71&0
I love how every pre-release seems to have dvd issues. I've been selling custom BOR dvds for years and have never had any dvd master or replication issues. Maybe I'm special.
I know huh? Its just to get the pre sales up. We all know how it works now. that's why I don't pre order anymore. There never on time.
Thanks Janet.

Sounds like a 30 day delay to me.

Worth the wait I anticipate.
I hope http://www.paulharrispresents.co.uk will have it soon... I'd like to order one because imo it's one of the best ring flights I've ever seen.
When will this be out? Anybody know?
I'm also a bit curious.

Very anxious to start reading reviews. I was going to pre-order but I've been burned in the past.

-Bobby
Yes me as we'll. I will be getting this for sure but will not pre Oder anymore.
[quote]
On 2012-10-06 11:19, PHSIS wrote:
Hi everyone just a quick update. On final testing we discovered a glitch in the Closure DVD master, also wanted to add some extra's to make it extremely clear and easy. It has been addressed and a new master has been pressed. There will be one more test of the final master tomorrow and then we should be good to go on Monday/Tuesday this week. Once the discs are done they will still have to be priority shipped to Canada for final assembly with the gimmicks and then after assembly back to Murphies magic. I do not want to give an exact date as sometimes things can get held up in customs etc. but wanted to let everyone know that we are very close and working as fast as we can to get the product out the door for our customers :) Thank you. Stay tuned for more updates as they become available. Thanks.
[/quote]

Reading this to me translates to this being released in the next few weeks... soon I'm just guessing.
Hi All,

I just received my batch of Closure units. Most likely Murphy's has them in stock by now as well.
If you order through me directly THIS week, I'll throw in a completely FREE copy of A.E. 2.0!

http://www.peter-eggink.nl/uk/store-closure.html

Best,

Peter
Message: Posted by: donkeys and waffles (Oct 23, 2012 04:58PM)
[quote]
On 2012-10-23 13:59, Peter Eggink wrote:
Hi All,

I just received my batch of Closure units. Most likely Murphy's has them in stock by now as well.
If you order through me directly THIS week, I'll throw in a completely FREE copy of A.E. 2.0!

http://www.peter-eggink.nl/uk/store-closure.html

Best,

Peter
[/quote]

I want to order this but curious where shipping will be from ? I travel a lot and may not be around when it shows up ? Where will this ship from ? Also, maybe its my computer but when I click link, it shows demo but at bottom, I cant read price, its just out of view where your bottom banner is ? Is that just my computer ? Anyway, please advise.
Hi donkeys and waffles,

I'm shipping from Europe, The Netherlands... overseas shipments usually arrive within a week using regular postal service. The webpage is showing just fine for me so perhaps it is your browser?

Peter
I've bought directly from Peter before and never had an issue - took less than a week to Phoenix AZ.

I already ordered mine from B Smith some time ago. Peter is rock solid + a great deal too. Maybe he can hand sign them :)
Message: Posted by: donkeys and waffles (Oct 23, 2012 05:44PM)
Must be my browser, I will work on it and see. I am not concerned with getting it, just when as I travel 10 and half months a year and don't have a set location or home base. It is a great deal, I wont be able to take advantage of it as I am leaving this week and not sure exactly where I will be staying to receive mail... My problem though, Thanks for the responses.
Complete CLOSURE packages should be flying into Murphys Magic tomorrow and shipping world wide ASAP !! :)

Bro
Penguin has it back up on the site. That means they'll be able to ship this week!

I'm stoked! Hopefully Robert scored his supply too so I can get my hands on this.
I have a VERY good feeling about this. You bring together Robert Smith, Peter Eggink and Paul Harris, that's a perfect storm of creativity.

saysold1, I'm looking forward to hearing your opinion on this trick!
Merchant of Magic are shipping out this week from the UK

That's good news! Thanks Dom.
I appreciate that the demo shows a full routine without cutting.
But I´m not going to preorder anything again... I will wait for the reviews.
I look forward to the reviews.. If it is as good as promised, I'll order.
Penguin sent an e-mail they are shipping them now. I couldn't resist.
I don't preorder anything anymore either. Look forward to seeing some reviews on this. Ring flight is one of my favorite effects, and this does look good.

The main thing I'm interested in is the speed and practicality of the reset, and whether this is something I can set-up before I leave the house and not have it be a hassle when I'm out and know it's there ready to go if I need it.
Did you get one? You promise a honest and thorough review?
Penguin's email also says that their supply is extremely limited and restock time is "loooong..."

Email says they may sell out within a day.

Hype? Perhaps. But like I've said, I've got a good vibe about Closure.
I haven't heard from Robert Smith in terms of when mine is shipping direct from him... but I will be camping out at my mailbox this week and immediately set about working this - this could be ideal for holiday strolling gigs.

The real question is will this be practical for female performers too based on the high touch nature of the routine.
I'd like to know what the reset is like on this item, is it instant or do you you have to go reset in a corner somewhere?
[quote]
On 2012-10-30 14:58, saysold1 wrote:
Penguin's email also says that their supply is extremely limited and restock time is "loooong..."

Email says they may sell out within a day.

Hype? Perhaps. But like I've said, I've got a good vibe about Closure.
I haven't heard from Robert Smith in terms of when mine is shipping direct from him... but I will be camping out at my mailbox this week and immediately set about working this - this could be ideal for holiday strolling gigs.

The real question is will this be practical for female performers too based on the high touch nature of the routine.
[/quote]

Robert posted at about 9:00pm EST last night that they've all been mailed out priority. US buyers should have them in 3 days or less.
Yup - nice to put some CLOSURE on this.

Speaking of closure, the name of this effect sounds like it may describe the methodology more than the effect itself. Just a guess.
I'm also really interested in knowing if performing this in a dress shirt and jacket looks as good and is as practical as it is in a t-shirt. I know a lot of times things are advertised as being able to do certain things, and then we find out it's referring to a lower quality variation. Hope this isn't one of those things as this looks great! :)
Look at the 2nd demo and they show 'some" of what you get. Watch the box spin around. The chain and something on it......and a bag with "stuff" in it.

I watched the demo at least a dozen times and I "think" I have a clue. Very excited about this!!
It looks really great. I have a question that I don't think has been answered. To me the routine isn't done until the spectator has her ring back. Is it straight forward to take the ring off the chain in front of her, or do you have to do some sort of 'hide' or magic ring through chain? To me the strongest way to get it back to the spectator is to unclasp the chain (in full view) and either drop the ring into her hand, or get her to hold the ring and pull the chain out.

Not including the removal of the ring in the demo could either mean it's so trivial, that it doesn't matter. Or that it's difficult to do in full view and requires misdirection not possible in a video.
[quote]
On 2012-10-31 14:53, magicPhred wrote:
It looks really great. I have a question that I don't think has been answered. To me the routine isn't done until the spectator has her ring back. Is it straight forward to take the ring off the chain in front of her, or do you have to do some sort of 'hide' or magic ring through chain? To me the strongest way to get it back to the spectator is to unclasp the chain (in full view) and either drop the ring into her hand, or get her to hold the ring and pull the chain out.

Not including the removal of the ring in the demo could either mean it's so trivial, that it doesn't matter. Or that it's difficult to do in full view and requires misdirection not possible in a video.
[/quote]

at 2.28 on the video http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2821

you see for a split second that he opens
up the chain. so imo it is possible to open it, to show that the
chain is real.

I don't know why they forgot to show that better on the video?
You can take the necklace off over your head and open the chain so the ring can come off and be dropped in the spectators hand no problem. Or if you like you can undo the chain behind your neck and pull it out like that, either way looks natural and fair, I haven't performed it yet but I would think the effect is over for the spectator when they see it is blatantly their ring on your necklace, of course giving it back is te technical end of the routine but after the reveal it is all off beat, not that you need it.

We still have a few left of our first batch at http://www.magicshop.co.uk

Best,

Ben
With regards to the reset it is pretty quick, can be done in about 10 - 20 secs maximum but can't be done right in front of your specs, a quiet moment turned away is possible I'd say. It isn't a 'go to the bathroom for 5 mins' reset. Once you get the hang of it it is pretty quick and easy and could be done easily in a corner whilst going into your bag for instance.

Best,

Ben
CLOSURE has arrived at my door this morning on Halloween! I have it all set up and am going to use it at the party tonight. I've done it in the mirror and it looks wonderful, so I'm comfortable with performing it.

Penguin still shows it in stock:

There are MANY great ring on neck chain tricks out there. Closure has the ring actually vanish and your hand are empty and their ring appears on your neck chain, which is what has many of us excited about it.

I've been doing borrowed ring routines for many years, so I had an idea of a possible method. I opened the box and there was a DVD and a velvet bag with 'stuff' in it. I opened the bag and I was in the ballpark on my guess and very pleased ( not just that I was correct, but the quality of what was there ). I didn't have the "that's it?" moment. I've bought some things that the high price was more for the clever method than what you actually received. I never had a real problem with that as I think creators don't price things close to what they are worth, if you will use the material.

WATCH THE ENTIRE DVD. I have friends that either watch 15 minutes of a DVD and perform it or decide not to perform it. There is a lot of info on the DVD and it's worth the time to watch it all, absorb the info, set it up ( not difficult at all ) and then decide how you want to perform this.

The DVD has sections: Performances, Explanation, Variations, Extras. Closure is a collaboration between Robert Smith and Peter Eggink and they have a section where they both talk about the trick and another section that shows Peter's version.

First section:

2 LIVE performances out on Freemont Street, Las Vegas. I like that Robert lifts the chain over his head and then unclasps it and lets it slide into their hand.

Second Section:

This part has a great deal on it. It starts off with Robert explaining what Closure is. He's standing and all set up, in a white t shirt, which I appreciated. Sometimes creators wear a black shirt and you have to struggle to actually see what is happening. He goes through what occurs to make it all happen. It's fun to see the exposed view in action. I really smiled at the beauty and cleverness behind it.

There are several sections on various clothing options to choose from ( from a t- shirt to button up ).

On the trailer, we all saw Robert borrow the ring and do the 'polish' move. That's just one option available and he gives other ways to vanish the ring. But this 'bluff vanish" of doing the polishing is a Peter Eggink idea and the one Robert prefers in his own work. I'm going to use that tonight.

Well, there's much more to talk about, but I want to get a couple of more hours in working with it for the Halloween party tonight. I'll check in late tonight and tell you how it went.

Others should have theirs today or tomorrow and I'm looking forward to hearing about their experiences.
[quote]
On 2012-10-31 18:30, Nechto wrote:

We still have a few left of our first batch at http://www.magicshop.co.uk

Best,

Ben
[/quote]
As I pre-ordered then I expect to have mine by tomorrow!
[quote]
On 2012-10-31 18:49, Zombie Magic wrote:
CLOSURE has arrived at my door this morning on Halloween! I have it all set up and am going to use it at the party tonight. I've done it in the mirror and it looks wonderful, so I'm comfortable with performing it.

Penguin still shows it in stock:

There are MANY great ring on neck chain tricks out there. Closure has the ring actually vanish and your hand are empty and their ring appears on your neck chain, which is what has many of us excited about it.

I've been doing borrowed ring routines for many years, so I had an idea of a possible method. I opened the box and there was a DVD and a velvet bag with 'stuff' in it. I opened the bag and I was in the ballpark on my guess and very pleased ( not just that I was correct, but the quality of what was there ). I didn't have the "that's it?" moment. I've bought some things that the high price was more for the clever method than what you actually received. I never had a real problem with that as I think creators don't price things close to what they are worth, if you will use the material.

WATCH THE ENTIRE DVD. I have friends that either watch 15 minutes of a DVD and perform it or decide not to perform it. There is a lot of info on the DVD and it's worth the time to watch it all, absorb the info, set it up ( not difficult at all ) and then decide how you want to perform this.

The DVD has sections: Performances, Explanation, Variations, Extras. Closure is a collaboration between Robert Smith and Peter Eggink and they have a section where they both talk about the trick and another section that shows Peter's version.

First section:

2 LIVE performances out on Freemont Street, Las Vegas. I like that Robert lifts the chain over his head and then unclasps it and lets it slide into their hand.

Second Section:

This part has a great deal on it. It starts off with Robert explaining what Closure is. He's standing and all set up, in a white t shirt, which I appreciated. Sometimes creators wear a black shirt and you have to struggle to actually see what is happening. He goes through what occurs to make it all happen. It's fun to see the exposed view in action. I really smiled at the beauty and cleverness behind it.

There are several sections on various clothing options to choose from ( from a t- shirt to button up ).

On the trailer, we all saw Robert borrow the ring and do the 'polish' move. That's just one option available and he gives other ways to vanish the ring. But this 'bluff vanish" of doing the polishing is a Peter Eggink idea and the one Robert prefers in his own work. I'm going to use that tonight.

Well, there's much more to talk about, but I want to get a couple of more hours in working with it for the Halloween party tonight. I'll check in late tonight and tell you how it went.

Others should have theirs today or tomorrow and I'm looking forward to hearing about their experiences.
[/quote]

Thanks for posting your thoughts, Zombie Magic. Can you say something about the difference in set-up and/or handling from a t-shirt to a button up shirt and jacket? Will it look as good? Is it more difficult? Will the reset be as quick and as easy as in a t-shirt?

Look forward to hearing more thought on this. Thanks!
Look what came in the mail today! Yes...

Closure comes in a classy glossy black box as you can see. It also credits engineering by Daryl Vanamburg.

Won't have time to watch the DVD until tonight - and reviews to come soon.
...and Robert SIGNED it too!
Mine also come in the mail today, but unfortunately I missed the postie!
Looking forward to collecting it tomorrow and playing around with it.
I am always cautious about pre ordering but the initial reviews did answer a couple of questions, but I am glad there is clothing options.
In case anyone wondered: YES, I went as a ZOMBIE MAGICIAN to the Halloween party! Good, geeky fun. Most of the night I doing Bizzaro's Non-Toxic for trick or treaters and at the party. It's the new squeaker for me!

The trailer for Closure was an honest one. They showed how Robert Smith does the vanish that he actually uses ( and I used last night ).

I performed it for the Hostess of the party and it went as smooth as in practice. Not much I really had to do as the gimmick does the work. I like the black chain, but my costume was black, so I used the silver one as it made a nice contrast.

I wanted to be able to borrow a ring, vanish it and show my hands are completely empty and their ring is really on my chain and this delivered.

When you set it up and practice, wear a white t-shirt. You'll have fun watching this work in the mirror.
[quote]
On 2012-11-01 14:43, Zombie Magic wrote:
In case anyone wondered: YES, I went as a ZOMBIE MAGICIAN to the Halloween party! Good, geeky fun. Most of the night I doing Bizzaro's Non-Toxic for trick or treaters and at the party. It's the new squeaker for me!

The trailer for Closure was an honest one. They showed how Robert Smith does the vanish that he actually uses ( and I used last night ).

I performed it for the Hostess of the party and it went as smooth as in practice. Not much I really had to do as the gimmick does the work. I like the black chain, but my costume was black, so I used the silver one as it made a nice contrast.

I wanted to be able to borrow a ring, vanish it and show my hands are completely empty and their ring is really on my chain and this delivered.

When you set it up and practice, wear a white t-shirt. You'll have fun watching this work in the mirror.
[/quote]

Reactions of the Hostess???????
Zombie (or others)

Can you confirm if it is practical in a dress shirt / tucked in shirt? (yes, I know what the ads say!)

Thanks
[quote]
On 2012-11-01 14:45, RNK wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-11-01 14:43, Zombie Magic wrote:

[/quote]

Reactions of the Hostess???????
[/quote]

I'm no mind reader but I will assume the reactions were that of pure astonishment.

sounds like a winner to me. My order will be going in.

-Bobby
Still eagerly waiting for mine!
[quote]
On 2012-11-01 14:52, puggo wrote:
Zombie (or others)

Can you confirm if it is practical in a dress shirt / tucked in shirt? (yes, I know what the ads say!)

Thanks
[/quote]

This is what I'm still waiting to hear about too. What are the differences (if any) in the reset, set-up, and load in a button up shirt versus a t-shirt.

Also, regarding the set-up, is this something you can set-up before you leave the house and not have it be bothersome throughout the day and know it's there ready to go when you need it, or is it something you need to be a bit more conscious and timely about?

Thanks!
Hey Clarke -

Great info and as always I appreciate your insights and Wisdom. You rock.

Since I haven't watched the DVD yet, I'm wondering (and assuming) that you probably can't wear a V-neck T shirt and you probably need a collar of some kind so as not to reveal the method.
I only had a day to work with it for the party, so I picked what would go with what I wore. I had a black t shirt. I don't "think" a V-neck would work. The DVD has so much info, I still have to go through it all. I'm going to be using it again Saturday night.
Aww man. Half my wardrobe is either v-necks or button-ups. :(
I don't think a button up would be an issue - more a V neck might be an issue.

It doesn't sould like there are any crazy clothing requirements here - not like Sleeve Star or such.
My unit just arrived in the mail, and I'm pretty ecstatic about it. It's exactly what I wanted it to be. Not only is it the cleanest method currently on the market, but it's also one of the most practical. The device is very well made and should last a lifetime. Once fitted, I don't believe any refills or replacements will ever be needed, but the components to the device should be easily found with some research just in case.

I brainstormed with bsmith over some private messages, and I actually plan to make use the device in a different way. When I watched the demo, I thought it would be an ideal means for Koran's Medallion instead of Ring to Necklace. I think having a thought-of name inscribed on a medallion or dog-tag that I was wearing around my neck would be much more personal of an effect than Ring Flight. I think this would be the simplest, fairest way to bring the effect to fruition.

I've only had my unit for a couple hours and I've been trying to get comfortable with it, playing around with different hookups and possibilities. I see a lot of potential in this effect, and I think it's one of the best releases of the year.

FYI, any shirt can be worn. V-necks, button downs, turtlenecks, crew necks-- whatever... No real limitation to the functionality of the device.

RS.
Thanks for posting your thoughts, Raymond Singson.

Just for sake of clarity, you don't see a tucked-in buttom up shirt and jacket being an issue then for this effect?

Also, regarding the set-up, is this something you can set-up before you leave the house and not have it be bothersome throughout the day and know it's there ready to go when you need it, or is it something you feel the performer needs to be a bit more conscious and timely about?

Thanks!
For the sake of comparison, the device can be worn and used like the classic Raven device. It's not bothersome to wear; it can be worn all day without it being a burden to daily functions at all. You can perform this in ANYTHING. A tucked-in dress shirt; a loose crew neck sweater; a Dan Hauss v-neck t-shirt; whatever. If desired, you can even do this in business attire complete with tightened necktie and all. The initial set-up takes no more than five minutes to secure a few safety pins, but once worn, it can be used all day. The device is easily transferred to other shirts without any additional modification to your clothing. Reset is extremely quick, but you'll need 30-seconds of privacy to set it up.

Closure is extremely practical and can be used in a variety of ways. The demo and advertisements are all fair and accurate. And no, I'm not paid by PH Presents and I actually invested 100 dollars of my own money to form this opinion. I really believe this is the definitive method currently on the market for this kind of effect. It's great.

RS.
Thanks for the feedback, Raymond. That's great info and good stuff to hear. Much appreciated. I think I'm going to give this a go. Thanks again.
I agree with Ray. The only way a V-neck is going to be an issue is if you wear a VERY deep V. Like this one http://hellogiggles.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/20/ed_westwick-350x223.jpg

Otherwise you should be fine. The button up dress shirt should work just fine as well.

I'm not going to bother to write a full review. I think some other guys have already adequately reviewed the product (top-notch props, great production values, excellent teaching, etc). I do really like this and will use it. That said, I also have a Ring Flite Revolution and don't see Closure as a replacement for it. I plan to use Closure at my paid gigs and occasionally in informal settings. I will continue to use Ring Flite Revolution for almost all "impromtu" situations though. Someone mentioned the setup of Closure being like the set-up of the Raven, which I agree. It'll take a couple of minutes to set-up and once it's set, it's not an issue to "wear." However, this isn't something I'm going to wear every day either. The thing I like about Ring Flite Revolution, is that I can carry it in my pocket and be ready to go at anytime (and I don't even have to wear at shirt :) )

I'm not trying to turn this into a RFR/Closure debate. I think they both do what they are intended to do extremely well. I should also point out that RFR is $70 more.

While Closure won't replace RFR as my go-to "semi-impromtu" ring flite, I will definitely use it.
Just ordered it with penguin. Sould be here by Tuesday. Cant wait. Looks so clean. I use a ring flight all the time and it just kills. This one is so diff thay wont see it coming.
So m Sini, what you are saying is, as long as you don't leave the house wearing ine of your girlfriends low cut tshirts, you should be ok ;)

Closure sounds awesome.
I watched the DVD last night a nd as was said by Zombie, there is SO much information and video on there that it is a lot to absorb.

I'm not going top post a review yet as I haven't tried to perform this yet as I am still trying to wrap my head around the exact placement of the gimmick and set up. It isn't difficult by any means - but the initial set up with the saftey pin(s) will take 2-3 min and then you are pretty much ready to rock.

The contents of the Closure box are:

1. 2 gimmicked necklaces - one black and one silver
2. The main f***t gimmick and attachment apparatus
3. Some extra pins (black)
4. Some extra chain pieces
5. An extra end piece that fits on the chain (mine was missing but no big deal)
6. A little black drawstring carry pouch
7. DVD

The method is indeed quite clever - one of those methods that makes you shake your head a little thinking how the h**l did they think of that? Robert Smith says that he and Peter Eggink both came up with a similar concept at nearly the same time - and so they decided to colaborate on Closure together.

Based on watching some of the DVD, this looks like it will be a very workable and usable method - as clean as seen on the video.

V necks are not a problem - as a matter of fact Robert was wearing a V neck T shirt in much of the DVD demo, along with some long sleeve shirts.

I'm initially impressed and excited by the prospects of this and I intend to try this out this weekend after some practice.

My one *teeny* critique so far would be that the demo of the set up of the gimmick under shirt (there are really two different methods - one under and the other over the top) is that it was a little hard for me to SEE exactly the placement of the gimmick and how it attached. I would have really liked more of a written schematic as a PDF, or a super close up of the gimmick attached. Robert goes through the set up slowly a number of times, and there are some freeze frame moments with wording explaining what he is doing. However my non-mechanical mind couldn't quite grasp the exact attachment and so today I am going to have someone I know (a fellow magician) who's brain works that way help me orient it.

All in all I am extremely pleased and once I work this I will post a more thorough review - but I do believe that this does nopt require anything knuckle busting and would be usable for both novices and pros alike.

I have seen Ring Flight revolution and thing it is super - but to me a ring on the necklace is something that may be more unique at upcoming gigs, This will probably fool a few magicians too no doubt.
[quote]
On 2012-11-02 12:39, Paul S Wingham wrote:
So m Sini, what you are saying is, as long as you don't leave the house wearing ine of your girlfriends low cut tshirts, you should be ok ;)

Closure sounds awesome.
[/quote]

Exactly.
So far a LOOSER fitting shirt (T shirt or long sleeve) seems to be pretty important. I tend to wear tight fitting shirts but a looser shirt is probably advisable - especially if doing the under shirt set up.
I agree that the method is very clever (how DID they think of it!), but I didn't care for the notion of having to fasten the device to my clothing for what should amount to a 60-90 second performance.

I asked myself a tough question....at the end of the day, which effect is more impressive to an audience? A borrowed ring appearing on my key chain (Ring Flight Revolution) or having it appear on a necklace? I would bet that most audiences would feel that they are about the same. What's nice about the Ring Flight revolution is that after I perform it strolling, I can just take it out of my pocket and drop it into my case. With Closure, I'm stuck wearing the hook-up/device throughout the entire gig. In short, Closure is 'sexier' (especially for magicians bored with Ring Flight) but RFR is more convenient. Like most magic much depends on the performer. My strolling work consists of equal parts of a sleight of hand and mentalism. An effect would have to be radically different (in the minds of the audience) to warrant choosing a more elaborate set-up.

The long and short of it....Closure is a very good product but it doesn't trump Ring Flight Revolution at the end of the day.
This thread is very useful...I've invested in some pretty mediocre ring flights, but this one sounds better, I think I will pick one up.
My only reservation with this thread, see item number one http://www.rd.com/advice/relationships/10-of-the-most-irritating-phrases-in-the-english-language
Sorry dooblehorn for using the overused and irritating "End of the Day" but at least you understood my point :)
Haha, I could not resist, Jared!
I did get the point, I'm actually reconsidering getting RFR, which I don't have...
Look at the trailer at 00:16

They actually feel their ring through your shirt. That's a very personal, magical moment. You can't get that with a ring flight.
No Zombie... Wrongo.

It's a HOT moment Hot.
Lol
:sun:
Raymond great idea for Korans Medallion!!
Once the effect is done and you remove the chain with the ring from your neck are you left with a lot of gimmicks still attached to your body/shirt.
I don't want to sound like I'm fishing but once performed I'm interested to know if it's gonna be something your gonna want to remove or is it minor that your forget it's there.
One last question, I to wear a fitted tshirt will this be much of a problem?
Thanks
[quote]
On 2012-11-04 12:25, king2262 wrote:
Thanks
[/quote]

A tighter T shirt is not going to work as well as a looser shirt. Go back a little in the thread and I explain the details.

Having the gimmick attached is really not much for strolling and most would likely forget it is there. It weighs nearly nothing on the body area - a few safety pins and ... there is no weight to it. Then there is the other thing that does the work and that attaches to a noormal piece of your attire. Many of us wear a necklace anyway. So in my view the hook up is extremely minor - but some may not want to deal with it I guess.

Once set up the reset is only seconds really.
[quote]
On 2012-11-04 13:09, saysold1 wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-11-04 12:25, king2262 wrote:
Thanks
[/quote]

A tighter T shirt is not going to work as well as a looser shirt. Go back a little in the thread and I explain the details.

Having the gimmick attached is really not much for strolling and most would likely forget it is there. It weighs nearly nothing on the body area - a few safety pins and ... there is no weight to it. Then there is the other thing that does the work and that attaches to a noormal piece of your attire. Many of us wear a necklace anyway. So in my view the hook up is extremely minor - but some may not want to deal with it I guess.

Once set up the reset is only seconds really.
[/quote]
Thanks for the advice ,I had read your post regarding clothing ,what I ment to say was although you said I looser top would be the better option will it still work with a more fitted top ?
I wouldn't use a tight top - generrally wear a small T Shirt. For closure I would weat a medium.
[quote]
On 2012-11-04 17:12, saysold1 wrote:
I wouldn't use a tight top - generrally wear a small T Shirt. For closure I would weat a medium.
[/quote]
Thanks for the advice :)
Received mine today. Brilliant method, but won't work for me. Mine is now for sale here on the Café.
PM you saysold1
Any noise issues with this?
[quote]
On 2012-11-05 19:25, pepka wrote:
Received mine today. Brilliant method, but won't work for me. Mine is now for sale here on the Café.
[/quote]

Without exposing anything, can you comment on why it won't work for you?
Mostly wardrobe requirements. I already have a VERY solid ring to impossible location in my working repertoire. This was just going to be another option. But, as usual I find out, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Gotcha. Would you mind saying what the wardrobe requirements are? I was under the impression there weren't any.
I'm also wondering about noise issues? I'm shocked that after 8 pages of a thread, not a single owner of the effect has mentioned anything about this being silent...so I was curious. This is my final question before potentially purchasing.

A big thanks to Raymond for his personal insights to this effect.

Regards,
Mike
Mine makes a little noise if done a way. But if done in the way it shows in the D.V.D. no noise. This is a good effect. I still working on mine. It does take a nack for working the gimmick the right way. Its not a take out of the box and it works kinda magic. The only down fall I see is having to place it on diff shirts if you want to wear a diff shirt. I guess once you get the hang of it it would be more easy. But for now its taking me sometime to place it just right.
In a restaurant lounge, where I've performed it, there aren't any noise issues. In a dead quiet setting, Robert shows how to cover for the very light noise.
The gimmick snags for me and I have to wriggle around to get it up bit by bit. What am I doing wrong?
Mine does the same thing. I have to let it go fast.
I've just put mine up for sale if anyone from the UK is interested.
Just a quick note on Closure guys. Seems there is some confusion about missing extra magnetic ends. Bob shows the magnetic ends separately during the product checklist on the DVD but during packaging all magnetic ends were simply attached to the actual chains..so you should have two on the black chain and two on the silver chain, if you have 4 total you got em all and are not missing anything :)

Also to address the custom made retractor device that comes with the unit. When they were assembled the units were each set to optimum tightness and then had to backed off by hand a quarter turn to ensure the smoothest action. It is possible that some of the screws may be a bit looser than they need to be. In this case simply go into the Maintenance section on your DVD and Bob Smith will walk you through how to snug up those 4 casing screws proper. Hope this helps answer some questions.

Bro
"Custom made retractor device". I love that term! Mine was perfect out of the box. Very smooth operating. Each chain did have the ends attached.
[quote]
On 2012-11-10 01:36, *Bro* wrote:
Just a quick note on Closure guys. Seems there is some confusion about missing extra magnetic ends. Bob shows the magnetic ends separately during the product checklist on the DVD but during packaging all magnetic ends were simply attached to the actual chains..so you should have two on the black chain and two on the silver chain, if you have 4 total you got em all and are not missing anything :)

Also to address the custom made retractor device that comes with the unit. When they were assembled the units were each set to optimum tightness and then had to backed off by hand a quarter turn to ensure the smoothest action. It is possible that some of the screws may be a bit looser than they need to be. In this case simply go into the Maintenance section on your DVD and Bob Smith will walk you through how to snug up those 4 casing screws proper. Hope this helps answer some questions.

Bro
[/quote]

Very helpful - thought I was missing something but all OK.
I sold mine on.

Not a bad trick. Just didn't suit me.
I received 'Closure' from a friend who got rid of it on the pretext that it was not for his style of performance. ;) Said that:-

[quote]
On 2012-11-10 01:36, *Bro* wrote:

Also to address the [b]custom made retractor device[/b] that comes with the unit.

* When they were assembled the units were each set to optimum tightness and then had to backed off by hand a quarter turn to ensure the smoothest action.

* It is possible that some of the screws may be a bit looser than they need to be.

* In this case simply go into the Maintenance section on your DVD and Bob Smith will walk you through how to snug up those 4 casing screws proper.
[/quote]

Sorry if one feels that my following comments reads a bit harsh but I just can't help put down [b]my personal opinion[/b] about this effect.

[b]On the onset I would like to say that the idea behind this new effect is excellent and very practical & workable for the real world performer.[/b] However it seems that to pull-off this effect not enough thought has gone into the selection & use of the props especially the main prop which does the trick.

[b]I feel[/b] that Paul Harris & team has bungled by prematurely releasing an effect without putting in the time & efforts in carryout proper trials & experiments for the smooth working and functioning of the whole contraption.

If the retractor device was [b]CUSTOMS MADE[/b] it should work flawlessly. There is no question of asking your esteemed customers to tinker with this so called CUSTOMS ASSEMBLED device. Also it is seen that Bob Smith shows a non standard tool (a bent fork tine) to open the screws for servicing the device.

[b]Just MY thoughts[/b] on the impractical contraption put out by Paul Harris and Team.

This is my last post on this thread.

P.S. For those who are having trouble with the original equipment; here a tried and tested solution. [b]I am not going into detail of my contraption but just giving you the working behind it[/b].

I have replaced the customs made device with a kind of a simple mini holdout. It is a simple weight (of appropriate size & weight) tied to a thin nylon thread. The weight is kept hooked in place (just behind the shoulder) with the help of a tiny ma***t. All other contraptions and the method remain same. To dislodge the weight at the appropriate time just show as though you are scratching your back and the job is done. No cumbersome set-up and no funny noise. The contraption works smoothly and flawlessly – Always and Every Time. :)

Hope you can now make use of the effect in a much better and reliable way.

Please Note: [b]I do understand that MAJORITY of you would be extremely happy with your purchase. This is for those FEW who are uncomfortable with the original set-up/ hook-up.[/b]

[b]Sorry NO PM’s please. Thank you for your understanding.[/b]
Thank you Ustaad for your honest opinion of this effect and your comstructive advice. I'm going to follow your suggestion and see how it works for me.
Thanks Narendra...

Some of you may have noticed a bit of radio silenece from me on this since gettiing it. I am honestly making every effort to evaluate it, but would agree with Narendra's evalaution which is by no means harsh. Consistency, easy of use and reliability are paramount to any performer.
Ustaad first of all thank you for agreeing that the idea for this effect is excellent, practical and workable in the real world because it in fact is. You are of course entitled to your own opinion and criticisms on this, I would however like to point out and reinforce that some of the top professionals in the world are using this, loving this and having no problems with this effect whatsoever. Will it take a an hour of practicing and testing to learn the right movements and how to work with your own body, tension etc. absolutely. But this is no different from any other magic effect that you would seek to perfect and put into your act as a working performer. This is not a premature release in anyway from PH presents and team. 100's of hours have gone into the development of this routine and only the very highest quality props were sourced out and supplied in this package. Absolutely everything you need to know to perform this amazing effect, easily and silently has been covered on the DVD. The custom retractor device does and will work flawlessly. My suggestion to tighten up the bolts was based on a comment made on the Café and this was simply a thoughtful attempt at solving a problem that one person was experiencing and is by no means a reflection of all units. As far as Bob using the tine of the fork to tighten and loosen the bolts on the unit.. he clearly states that if you do not have a screwdriver handy you can also just use the tine of a fork etc. again his attempt was to offer another solution if you did not happen to have a screwdriver in your drawer. I am glad you have tried to find your own way to incorporate Bob Smith's, Peter Egginks and Darryls amazing and ingenious invention Usstay and would ask that you not go into further detail on the Café to discredit and reveal their method by offering what you believe is your own. Thank you for your consideration and respect. A note for anyone else who has purchased Closure or is thinking about doing so and has any question or concerns whatsoever feel free to private message me and I will be happy to share any knowledge on the product and take care you in any way we can. All great things.

Bro Gilbert
PH Presents
Bro Gilbert,

I had said and I quote:-

[quote]
On 2012-11-10 23:31, Ustaad wrote:

This is my last post on this thread.
[/quote]

However since you have directly addressed me, I will briefly reply to your above post.

[quote]
On 2012-11-11 02:49, *Bro* wrote:

I would however like to point out and reinforce that [b]some of the top professionals in the world are using this, loving this and having no problems with this effect whatsoever[/b].
[/quote]

[quote]

Please Note: [b]I do understand that MAJORITY of you would be extremely happy with your purchase.[/b]
[/quote]

As I have already mentioned in my previous post, I have no doubt in my mind that 'Closure' is a class effect with many happy and satisfied working professionals and performers who are willing to swear by it. However my alternate suggestion was meant for:-

[quote]

Please Note: [b]This is for those FEW who are uncomfortable with the original set-up/ hook-up.[/b]
[/quote]

[quote]
On 2012-11-11 02:49, *Bro* wrote:

I am glad you have tried to find your own way to incorporate Bob Smith's, Peter Egginks and Darryls amazing and ingenious invention Usstay [b]and would ask that you not go into further detail on the Café to discredit and reveal their method by offering what you believe is your own[/b].
[/quote]

Let me make it clear that I have no intentions whatsoever of discrediting or revealing someone else’s so called invention. I speak boldly & without fear what [b]I[/b] feel is right and in the best interest of our esteemed members. Whether one likes it or not, I simply offer [b]MY[/b] personal & honest opinion and I leave it to the creator/ readers of this forum to accept or reject my opinion.

It will be better if one takes criticism in the right spirit.

Thank you.

Best reagrds,

Narendra

Narendra your opinion is much appreciated as always!
Thank you for beeing at the Café.
Going through the D.V.D. all the way through really shows you diff ways to perform this. I really like two of them. One is with a under shirt and I really like Petter's way. Been working with it now for a week and worked out anything I needed to. Glad I took the time to watch the D.V.D. and try all the ways to perform this effect. This effect is really powerfull. Cant wait to work it this weekend coming up. Love it.
Got it yesterday, very (extremely) clever method.... but not something that I can wear everyday... but I can see the pros do this all the time.
I don't see anyone who's wearing a tie doing this since you'd have to loosen up your tie and open your collar to reveal the ring. Just weird for a situation where you'd be wearing a tie. Though I guess you could wear the chain under your dress shirt but above your undershirt so all you have to do to reveal the ring is unbutton a couple buttons and reveal the ring on the chain, undo the chain around your neck and pull the ring on the chain out of your shirt. Still awkward.
This is cool, ithink I will put it in my cart
I'm gonna buy this right now, heading over to Penguin after I type this. I just don't understand why there are not more reviews (gotta be the price), but I know if my boy Darryl is engineering these I'm gonna get a quality product.

Very excited to receive this :)

Paul
Just received this effect yesterday morning from Penguin, and I have to say this is one of the better purchases I have made in a while. I practiced on Closure all last night (and am about to tonight aswell), this effect is very, very clever, actually tinkering on the edge of brilliant!

The effect works as promised, very smooth and it really is stunning to do in the mirror to yourself! I only had problems with "Jamming" (if you would even call it that) with the "ONE" shirt hook-up, but in all fairness I did not play with the 1 shirt method nearly as much as I did with the option 2 hook-up (I prefer option 2, the 2 shirt set-up), so this could have been and most likely is my fault as I probably just had to adjust the fitting a bit to run smoother (I'm gonna try this method again with adjustments, I'll let you guys know how it goes).

Before receiving this, I was worried about the "connection" needed to do the vanish, and I have to say, I am very, very pleased at how smooth this can look and how quick it can be done with just a little practice. don't get me wrong, after only one night of practicing I would like it to look a little more natural on my part, but I don't see it taking much time for myself.

The biggest problem I have with Closure is with the noise of the ring on the chain when "the move" happens (there is a little bit of a tinking sound). I personally prefer Darryl Vanamburg's method of "control", it really helps with the noise, but it still does not make this totally silent (there is still a little something there). I personally would not do this in too quiet of an area, you def want some noise around you, whether a TV with the volume up a little above average, or a party situation with some music going. Maybe I'm making the "move" sound louder then what it is, I perform other effects that make louder noises then this one, so don't be discouraged by any means.

One more gripe I have is that the silver chain arrived with the Mag***t that's supposed to be secure in the chain falling out. Im hoping a little superglue can fix it, I tried Pliers but didn't pinch to hard as I'm not trying to brake the little piece that makes the chain work. I use the black chain anyway, but when that goes on me I'm gonna have to somehow fix this (like I said, I feel some Lucite or Superglue can handle this). I'm also sure it's not hard to find the chains for this (or the piece that makes it work that connects to the chain), I just havn't looked around the NET yet (my guess is the piece will run around 25-50 cents).

All in all I am extremely happy with this purchase, what you see in the Demo is exactly what you get! Closure is a true worker, once you have it on you and set up, it works beautifully, resets in seconds, and is comfortable enough on the body to proceed into other effects after your performance.

I do plan on lengthening the routine though, it's a tad short IMO, but that's simply personal opinion and taste on my part. With some imagination and thought this should be no problem to do.

Hope this helped guys

Take Care

Paul
Has anyone done the vanish that is at 1:58 into the demo?

I did this at Thanksgiving but kept it simple with the "polish" feint.

It's an interesting feeling doing this in a room full of people. The prop does all the work, but you "feel" it and I think that is very funny as it's all hidden and looks like you did nothing. I think that's what gets people. They like to solve things ( hey, sometimes they're even correct in their guesses ). But your hands are fully exposed at all times. They can feel the ring under the shirt and lift the chain and I just think that gives them an amazing sense of wonderment.

This is a keeper. Tried and true as far as I'm concerned. And I just perform for fun.
My only issue or concern about this is those who have seen my videos know how I must wear my uniform so if it requires me to have my shirt in any other configuration that means I wouldnt be able to use this at work.
Paisa, as a fellow servicemember, I can reassure you that Closure doesn't require any significant re-orientation or modification of your clothing. You just need to safety-pin a portion of the gimmick to your shoulder and you're essentially set. In my previous comments, I compared it to the classic Raven device. If you're familiar with that, I think you'll have an understanding of how the gimmick feels in uniform. I've already done this several times in cammies. Go ahead and make the purchase; you won't be disappointed.

RS.
Great price on this now from Devin Knight. $89.95 POSTPAID!

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=8RKASQZC3FEF4
I got this and love it! I tried to make a very similar contraption myself however the way you take the necklace off is very clever.
One negative is that the device is quite noisy though. Even doing it the way that is mentioned on the DVD. I wouldn't want to do this anywhere without a lot of ambient sound.
Also mine was missing the extra ends too but that has been explained I think!
Just got mine! Amazing! I did used it three times. Twice lndoors, the noise was not an issue for me. This killed. Can't wait to use it
More.
[quote]
On 2012-12-11 01:39, Justin Lewis wrote:
Just got mine! Amazing! I did used it three times. Twice lndoors, the noise was not an issue for me. This killed. Can't wait to use it
More.
[/quote]

I've been killing with this aswell, my girls cousin screamed so loud (she literally went crazy!) when I had her pull the chain out my shirt, she woke up my daughter at 3am who came down stairs screaming that she had school in the morning! Noise is not as big of a factor as I thought it may be in the real world outside of a silent bedroom. A little talking I found does the trick, not nearly as bad as it seems when your simply practicing in a silent room.

This is my favorite effect at the moment, one of thee best I've purchased in many years, a real reaction getter, and I could not be happier that I took the plunge on this one :)

Paul :)
Anyone know what those extra pieces of chain are for?
I have been eagerly awaiting this release. Here is my initial review through the eyes of a real world working pro. It will be followed by another a week or two from now.

The package when first opened is great. I watched the whole dvd and thought Bob you *** genius. I was then careful to go through everything step by step first. I wore a reasonably loose dress shirt and set everything up. My first issue was that the main device had a problem locking and unlocking. Then the m*gn*t of my one chain came out. I wasn't too worried and used the other chain and “broke” my main gimmicks switch in. Then used super glue to repair other chain, so not a big issue for me as I'm a practical type of person. Initial impression. I can foresee an issue with the main gimmick keeping up its work in the long run, and this has always been a concern with a gimmick of this nature in the past. It is known to stuff you around at some point.

Fast fwd to set up. I'm ready and I'm trying out the device which works well at this point. Almost too well. The noise is definitely an issue to consider but doesn't bother me much as in most venues you have background noise or misdirection to cover it. There are also some nice tips on the dvd. Immediately it becomes apparent to me this is unfortunately not something I will be able to use in a standard PAID table to table or strolling environment as often as I would have liked. Reset takes time. Not much but you have to do a bunch of awkward things like stick your hand up under your shirt, clip this here and that there, and I'm not in the habit of going to the bathroom to reset as that doesn't look professional to any client. So that was my first negative. However in terms of fun for myself I was happy.

So I play with the gimmick and wear it all day. I begin to realise that yes while it can be worn freely once the device is in a locked position it puts strain on the main mechanism. I try it on a few friends. Reactions are good. I can see potential. The next day I put on my t shirt. Its not tight but more fitting than the dress shirt and its very hot. I also noticed my device begins to lack the ommmmf it had when I first got it in terms of strength. Anyway I set up and I am excited. Test. Test. Test. Doesn't work as well as previously. My ring is only going half way up. There is too much friction from my sweaty skin the shirt and my device seems to have lost some strength. I do all the suggested ideas by Bob. Still mediocre results with the ring not fully getting to where it needs to.

Ok so I've had this 3 days and I'm pretty neutral at this point. Today I will undergo maintenance of my device which requires a funky screwdriver not easy to find which I think is an issue. Luckily I have this screwdriver because I collect tools. I will put a “looser” shirt on to test again today. I'm worried if I throw my suit jacket over this it will create further friction and resistance due to weight and contact. So far I am in two minds about the practicality of the overall picture. You do feel like James Bond. It is very clever and I'd say worth the money in terms of idea and props provided but considering there is quite a process that needs to be undertaken including what seems like will be on going maintenance and tweaking I'm not as thrilled in terms of practicality as I was initially hoping. I will be back with my second review after I've maintained the device and performed it numerous times.
[quote]
On 2012-12-14 00:17, K_B_G wrote:
Today I will undergo maintenance of my device which requires a funky screwdriver not easy to find which I think is an issue.
[/quote]

I just used a fork. Works as well as the tool.
Hi KGB

Will have Bob Smith or Darryl V the manufacturer get in touch with you over the next few days to help you clear up any issues you're having. If by chance you have a defective unit will get
a new one off to you right away.

take care,

Janet Harris
I received Closure 2 days ago and I have to say WOW!!!! I've performed it twice now and both times its elicited a visceral reaction. Be prepared, this makes people scream!!!! The gimmick works extremely well, and with the Darryl handling it can be done almost silently. Both times I performed it, I was in an extremely quiet room, with the only sound being my voice. NO ONE heard a thing. So much for a noise issue. I initially had fears about the "polishing" being transparent, but its not.

I perform Closure by borrowing a ring, and then joke about how some magicians don't respect borrowed items. (really not so much of a joke) As I talk, I do the gag of palming the ring a throwing a small coin, creating the illusion of chucking their ring away. I then quickly reveal that I didn't really throw it. Then I do the old gag of putting the ring in my mouth and blowing it out my nose.(obviously this could be taken badly, but I do it as a finale to a longer set, and by this point everyone is laughing along with me.) After it apparently falls from my nose, I get a big laugh. I laugh along with the spectators, I say "I didn't really do that", and as I say this I "absentmindedly" clean the ring off on my shirt, doing the move. From there I'm home free.

Thank you PH, B Smith, Daryyl, Peter, etc. for a real worker!

-Leo
This is a great trick but it does not fit my personal style of performing. If anyone is interested, I am actually selling mine (original packaging and has not actually been used), PM me if you are interested.
Message: Posted by: ChrisTheImpossible (Mar 4, 2013 04:26AM)
[quote]
On 2013-01-19 18:32, Christian Z. wrote:
This is a great trick but it does not fit my personal style of performing. If anyone is interested, I am actually selling mine (original packaging and has not actually been used), PM me if you are interested.
[/quote]

I might be interested if you still have it available. I was considering purchasing mine but I may see if it is available else where for a bit cheaper.
I hope people don't think this a silly question, but can the "Load" be performed one handed? I would like to add this to my ring and shoelace routine. Right now I use Pro Flite which lets me load while the spectator it tying a knot around my other hand. I wanted to use interlace, but a one handed setup and load is pretty much impossible. if this could be done with one hand, it would be a perfect end for my routine.
Mixman,

I believe with just a tad bid of practice the load could be performed with one hand.
Message: Posted by: Silver Glove Magic (Mar 26, 2013 02:17AM)
Anyone use this together with "Deluxe Nest Of Wallets"? Looking to add more to my ring routine I'm working on. Thanks!
I received "Closure" today and I am very impressed. The workmanship is very good, it is great to wear on the body and a lot of fun to work with. The DVD is excellently designed and has a solution for all problems. Now I need to experiment, as I present it the best. The next few days I'll practice and experiment with it. Thank you for this excellent trick!!!
I have 3 Maigican buddies in my city who have this and every gimmick broke within a week. Can anyone comment on the fragility?
I used it last weekend and at least 15x since I first used it last Halloween and never had an issue with it. I realize I don't use it with the regularity hat a Pro does, but the individual components are very solid and should last for years without an issue.

3 friends, all in the same city, got this and all 3 units broke the first week? I'm amazed because I don't even have 3 friends.
I have three friends, but they're broke.
Thanks Larry..I needed that!
Hi Mag1cian and Zombie please send me a private message and we will make sure we take care of you. We have had very good feedback thus far and I want make sure we know exactly what happened with your gimmicks so we can problem solve and try to understand what may have happened. Talk soon.

Janet
PHSIS, my Closure works as good as the first day I got it. it was Mag1cian that had an issue.

Now if you can help me get some friends, that would be nice ( and not one of the 3 broke friends that Larry Davidson has;-)

Zom
[quote]On Nov 14, 2012, PatrickGregoire wrote:
Though I guess you could wear the chain under your dress shirt but above your undershirt... [/quote]
I do this everyday when at work over half the year, i.e. about 200 out of 365, and most of my coworkers and I leave our top button unbutton on the business shirt!
Not Strange/not weird
At all!
Larry
Can anyone compare Closure with David Regal's Royal Ring Chain?
[quote]On Aug 17, 2014, H2Odesign wrote:
[quote]On Nov 14, 2012, PatrickGregoire wrote:
Though I guess you could wear the chain under your dress shirt but above your undershirt... [/quote]
I do this everyday when at work over half the year, i.e. about 200 out of 365, and most of my coworkers and I leave our top button unbutton on the business shirt!
Not Strange/not weird
At all!
Larry [/quote]

Does yours still last after so many performances ?
What did your evaluation reveal? Continued radio silence implies you are not a fan of this.

Mindblowingly,
Charles

[quote]On Nov 11, 2012, saysold1 wrote:
Thanks Narendra...

Some of you may have noticed a bit of radio silenece from me on this since gettiing it. I am honestly making every effort to evaluate it, but would agree with Narendra's evalaution which is by no means harsh. Consistency, easy of use and reliability are paramount to any performer. [/quote]