(Close Window)
Topic: Looking For Eugene Burger Books & Dvds
Hi everyone!!

Im looking for some tips on which dvds and books from Eugene Burger you guys like and can recommend.
So many people talks about Burger have made a few spooky tricks and so on, sounds very interesting so please any links and tips are welcome.

Take care
//DC
One of my favorite books by Eugene Burger and Robert E. Neale is "Magic & Meaning" published by Hermetic Press in 1995. Not only does this book have effects but it also explains some of the philosophy and psychology behind the effects.

Ray
Spirit Theater is a great book! Any of Mr. Burger's books are well worth the price! Spirit Theater however holds a special place on my bookshelf and in my heart! Good stuff!
Message: Posted by: Crossroads Mystic (Sep 13, 2012 02:55PM)
I'm with Cunningham, Spirit Theater is great.
~Gavin
The first magic lecture I ever attended was by Eugene Burger. The second was Paul Harris. I got off to a very good start!

At the time Burger just had his smaller books in print. All of which I recommend and all of which are reprinted in Mastering The Art of Magic. They changed the way I looked at performance.

While I've found some of the DVDs a little less useful than I expected, I've never been anything but impressed by Burger's books. You really can't go wrong with any of them but I'd start with Mastering The Art of Magic.
+1 for Spirit Theater. I purchased mine within the last 5 months directly from his website.
Spirit Theater!
It's not Eugene Burger, but I enjoyed Bob Cassidy's CD and .pdf books that are included on the disk. I have one of Eugene Burger's DVDs that explains some of the stuff from Spirit Theatre. I'll get it out and let you know what the name of the DVD is when I get home. Better grab a copy of Spirit Theatre while it's in print again. I had given up finding one until they were reprinted.
Burger's Spirit Magic is the name of the DVD.
I had a copy of the hardbound Seance book that he signed for me many many years ago that was lost in a fire...now I cant even find the book period! so sad....
That being said, spirit theater is amazing!
'Mastering the Art of Magic' collects many of Mr Burger’s early manuscripts and essays, and provides a wealth of information for varied performance situations and styles. Always a cheeky pleasure pulling it down from the shelf and opening it at random on a rainy day; mysteriously, the book always seems to have something new to offer…
"Strange Ceremonies" by Burger is back in print now and it's a great book on bizarre magick.
The tricks are good but I think the real benefit of Mr. Burger's work is his thoughts on magic theory and performance tips. Big fan!