(Close Window)
Topic: Ok I just got crushed in spirit.
Message: Posted by: Michael_MacDonald (Sep 17, 2012 04:51PM)
I went to my storage unit today looking for some of my props and books that I keep there as I do not want the kids destroying them.... the storage place where I kept them ( past tense) had a water main break and flood all the storage units. had they called me I would have been able to try and salvage some of the rare books and wood props I had. instead they waited till I got there <over a month after> to tell me.

I lost some books that have been out of print for years. some that I will never be able to afford now even if I could find them again. my personal magic library alone had over 700 books. my magick library had at least double that. I lost 40% of the props I had in there due to mold and rot. I lost family pictures. and items that meant a lot to me that can never be replaced. if ya ever wanted to see a grown man in fetal position crying like a baby you would just need to have been there when I saw the devastation.
Wow. That's a hard thing Michael.
Not sure what to say: just, you have my sympathy. Keep in perspective. How do you make the best of a bad situation?

:-(
Message: Posted by: Michael_MacDonald (Sep 17, 2012 05:36PM)
Burn the storage unit? yes I lost a life time of memories. props and books that I started out collecting in the late 70's
its like my personal life was just wiped out.
Michael,

So sorry to hear this. Not having ever experienced something like this before, I have no clue how difficult it must be to wrap your head around. I hope that a bright lining will yet appear.

David
I am definitely not a fan of the numerous frivolous lawsuits we have today but in this case I would possibly look into legal action. That wouldn't replace the unreplacable but it would be a start. Secondly I would do my best to salvage what you have. Small solace in that but maybe after some drying out and careful cleaning you may be able to reclaim more.

That really sucks, man.
Sorry,for your loss! :(
Message: Posted by: Michael_MacDonald (Sep 17, 2012 06:02PM)
Almost all the books and pics are destroyed. military service records, medals, awards from two generations lost.
the props can be rebuilt over time. antique dolls and jewelery from moth, grand mother and great grandmother damaged.
antiques like dolls coins, and other items damaged so that the collectability was at least halved.

legal action will only prolong the bitterness I think and will do nothing to replace what is gone.
I do not see this as malicious intent so causing pain to another is not my nature here.

ill save what I can and move on.

rebuilding the book archive will go a long way in helping me here I think. guess I need to save up as I need the books for referance.
Message: Posted by: Michael_MacDonald (Sep 17, 2012 06:13PM)
And thank you guys, the support helps as I know that you guys can appreciate what books and history can mean on a personal level.
Message: Posted by: revenantproductions (Sep 17, 2012 06:16PM)
Michael,

Just saw this thread. Very sorry for your loss sir. I have been there and it is a very hard punch to take.. Stay strong my friend.
Truly devastating, especially since the loss might have been minimized if you had only been alerted.

While I can only imagine how you feel, know that I can and do feel for you.
They are insured....be a pest....library has real $$$$$$ value. Produce a list with market value. You have a real claim. Be nice but firm. Be persistent…..it’s just a game….guy that gives up last wins.
So sorry to hear about your loss Michael. I have also lost items due to unseen circumstances in the past but not to the extent that you have. All the best in salvaging what you can.

Ray
I'm so very sorry to hear this. I hoard books like a dragon's treasure so I know how you feel. There really IS no silver lining but here's a few tips for everyone:

1. Do not underinsure! Make sure your Homeowners and Rental Insurance is up to date and covering your property and possessions at their CURRENT value. A lot of folks are thrilled that they are still only paying premiums for the $50K their $200K house was originally assessed at but when it comes time to get paid, you're only going to see 25% of the value.

2. This is important: Lists are GREAT but VIDEOTAPE YOUR COLLECTIONS. Wander through your home and storerooms and shoot some video. We always leave things off lists and it also proves that you actually HAD that original Water Torture Cell and it was in good condition. Run the camera down your bookshelves, in your closet etc. You get the idea.

Again, Michael, my deepest condolences for a terrible, unconceivable loss. :(
I'm so sorry to hear this... I really have no words to describe how you must feel. I know how it feels to lose something dear to me (I lost several of my pets over the years that were more dear to me then most of my own family), but still...

A legal suit isn't going to replace the memories and the loss, nothing can. Being bitter about this isn't going to bring the stuff back either. Just salvage the things that can be salvaged and go on.

My condolences for your loss, sir.
[quote]
On 2012-09-17 19:27, RCP wrote:
They are insured....be a pest....library has real $$$$$$ value. Produce a list with market value. You have a real claim. Be nice but firm. Be persistent…..it’s just a game….guy that gives up last wins.
[/quote]

what he says. You do not need to do it today; you may need a few days to get over the shock. But, put it on the to-do list and think about doing it tomorrow. Do pursue your claim. You have every right to be reimbursed the replacement value of those things which can be replaced.

best wishes,

Lin
Very sad to hear this! I love books. I have more books than I have shelves to keep them in. I have books that I’ve kept longer than any of my wives (not joking!) Even hearing about someone else’s loss takes my breath away. You should definitely file a claim. Their lack of action made the situation far worse than it needed to be. And any money’s from the settlement will help (a little) toward replacing the things that can be.

Sincerest regrets!
Really sorry to hear that Michael, best wishes, and hope you continue to handle things well from here. take care mate!
I am very sorry to hear this. My very sincere sympathies.

David
I'm depressed reading this too - all I can say having lost a comic book collection the same way is - you will mourn and learn and become more paranoid for the future for protecting your treasures - another thought is since you mentioned you got kids - the loss you experienced is something you will recover from - they are but things - not people - but it will suck for a great while - last thought - fresh slate...

And sue the **** otta those ****ers
Michael, I am saddened to hear of this devastating misfortune. I have no adequate words to console you with.

Sincerely wish I did. My old time rope worker friend R.C. Buff shared with me during our long correspondence years ago, the trauma of having lost his beloved magic props and books in a house fire. He carried that loss all of his remaining days. But somehow he managed to carry on, and continued being creative and loving the craft.

I can only wish you and your loved ones better days to follow.

Kotah
Michael, I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Some things can never be replaced. Cherish the memories that live on, appreciate the family that's around you, and build new experiences.
Message: Posted by: Michael_MacDonald (Sep 18, 2012 12:20AM)
Thank you so much guys. I just got back from a performance...not my best I'm sure. and to see the support here has done wonders for my moral. I will recover and move forward that is all we can really do.

I wish to ask a favor of you all if I may. if you know of anyone with magic/magick/mentalism books they do not want or have multiples of let me know. I really want to try and recover most of the books I use for inspiration. I know I will never be able to replace the really old out of print books and antique books but perhaps it is time for a change and fresh perspective any ways.

as to props some of the more expensive ones I will never be able to replace as I am not as cash fluid as I used to be. but I can make some of the others.
Man, that sucks. Why did they wait to tell you??
Message: Posted by: Michael_MacDonald (Sep 18, 2012 02:46AM)
They claim they didn't know that it got my shed, but from what I'm seeing it got the while row. when I saw it I just closed down.
Wait, wait. They basically let you find out that your life had been erased and didn't bother to give you a head's up that you may have a problem. I'm not a fan of angry lawsuits, but in this case you at least need to pursue a claim on their insurance.
Message: Posted by: Michael_MacDonald (Sep 18, 2012 05:13AM)
I think I need to wait a couple days to get over the shock then I will consider all options. right now the over whelming depression is kicking in hard. so I'm focusing on something that makes me happy and is productive.
ill be spending the next couple days cleaning out the shed and evaluating the destruction and hoping to save some of the more meaningful items.
Fingers crossed!
...also, right yourself a little book... all the memories that have been triggered because of this loss... write it while its still fresh, let it be cathartic and also invigorating... though its a sadness to lose a physical object, the memories they invoke are still there in your mind... so take advantage of the shock, and start jotting down all the little mental flashes each item now triggers...then get it nicely bound and keep it safe...you may well find something new from the metaphorical ashes...
Meantime Michael, we on the Café can help (at least a little). I think I speak for everyone here when I say we stand ready to help value those unusual things you have lost--especially OOAK props and out of print books. If you wish, please start posting lists of items and let us pool our knowledge to help come up with genuine valuations for you (to turn in to the insurance people).

Money will never replace what you have lost, but it will at least compensate you insofar as helping to begin building anew.

Also, sharing these titles and items with those of us who truly appreciate and care may prove a fitting tribute to your beloved collection and help you find some solace in the midst of this sad loss.

We are with you,
BC
@Michael, PM me your email address and I shall send you a small something...it won't make up for anything, but just as something to take your mind off it for a short while...
Michael, I too have lost parts of a magic collection and library due to flooding (more than once). This won't help for your immediate loss, but perhaps in the future. After sustaining such losses, I decided to get pro-active. I started buying plastic storage tubs... lots of them. I figured water would have to be at least as deep as the tubs were tall to get into the contents (assuming they didn't float and tip). I also made sure that everything at the lowest level was jacked up on pallets, so that if water did get in, it stood a better chance of drying out with the improved air circulation. It may not prevent all damage because of the increased humidity, but it will definitely keep things from having direct contact with the water.

I hope I am not sounding like a Monday morning quarterback. I am only telling you how I dealt with a similar problem. It took the loss to inspire my preventative solution.

I realize this is a moot point for your current losses, and the anger and sick feeling that comes with it. I have also known people who have lost it all from hurricanes, tornadoes, and fire. A loss is a loss, and it hurts.

You will always feel that sadness, but it will get better.

I would also advise you to do as others have said. Find out what legal recourse you have.

~michael
Message: Posted by: Michael_MacDonald (Sep 18, 2012 11:31AM)
I do not know what to say........

to be honest seeing all the thoughts here and in pm are staggering to me. this is the first time on here where I have seen the brethren step up and gather together to really help and support a brother. this is starting to really feel like a family to me. the kindness expressed her is taking some of the sting out of this. you guys are awesome and it does a great deal in relieving my faith in humanity as a whole.

as I rebuild I will make a back up on a hard drive of the books I buy now per archive purposes. losing a lot of these is like losing parts of my youth. but what hurts worse is the fact that I lost so much of my legacy that I would leave my children. old books with signatures and pics with them. pictures of our family that can never be replaced. and the members have passed over. some things of historic value. others a larger cash value as collectible.

ill be going back later today to sort it all out. I want to thank you guys so much for what your doing here. and if I can ever help you please let me know.
[quote]
On 2012-09-18 12:31, Michael_MacDonald wrote:
you guys are awesome and it does a great deal in relieving my faith in humanity as a whole.
[/quote]

humanity???? who said we are human???
Message: Posted by: Michael_MacDonald (Sep 18, 2012 01:30PM)
Lol brother, if we are the darkenss that haunts man yet we show such unity how can the light not show as much? perhaps I wish for to much?

I have lost much but have gained more. so for now my family, my passion for performance, and my desire to progress the art of real magic shall be what drives me. the book has not finished but simply turned a page. a new chapter begins.

I will take the advise of so many on here and ask for the insurance to cover my financial losses even if they can never really make amends.

and just for you dear DR a prayer..... and though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil....for this is our home!" amen
That is bad news Michael. What a loss. Best wishes to you.
The most prized possessions sadly have no realizable monetary value........but you have a real loss of valuable property......easy to identify current value. We all buy insurance for just such a reason. There is no such thing as a book that can't be replaced. Life changes, death.........I have built a massive collection one book at time.......no way to change the past but your choice how to manage future will bring new joys. Sanctvm demands it.
Message: Posted by: Michael_MacDonald (Sep 18, 2012 08:30PM)
So just got back from storage. most of the jewelry can be salvaged and cleaned. the military pictures and awards are gone. 70% of the books are done. the uncirculated coins are not pristine any more so value dropped. my family pictures are gone.
most of the dolls can be saved. those are 3 generations of collected beauty. the wood items got severely warped and cracked from swelling of the wood. so for the most part pics books and wood props are what I lost.

perhaps ill use the wood items to make antiqued props heck they already look hundreds of years old now lol. and the smell omg!

but the books........
Wow. Michael, I don't know what to say. I'm nobody, but I'll do my best. I know exactly, precisely what you are going through. I lost everything I owned since I was seventeen in a house foreclosure in Florida. That includes FOUR trunks of magic I've had since I started.

Ya know, I'll probably carry that burden the rest of my life. I know how it feels to lose things you simply CANNOT replace. It's like a death of a dear one. And when loss happens because of a fire, flood, or foreclosure, it's insult to injury! Needless loss!

Fellow members, there is not a THING I can do to help. Michael has helped me more than I can ever repay him! Can someone here help him replace some of his stuff? The generosity of this Café is overwhelming! Just to give you an idea, when I had lost everything, I just mentioned it here in the Café.

The number of members PM'ing me and asking for my address- overwhelming! I received a priceless RnT's Polished Stainless Steel, Paul Fox Cups & Balls set originally made by Mad Jake! The gifter wishes to remain anonymous. Then, another member sent me a copy of Greater Magic. Another sent me the whole run of The Sphinx on CD (a $500 value!).

Michael Rubinstein sent me all the NY Coin Magic Seminar DVD's I had lost. Chuck Leach replaced my Raven, my Deck Shell, and Buddha Coin Boxes, along with about $500 worth of other stuff as a bonus...

This is not bragging...it is to show that if all these wonderful members could reach out to me, a NOBODY...and do that, then how much more could be done for this generous, kind, helpful [b][i]and MUCH more deserving person?[/b][/i] If I was rich, I'd do everything humanly possible to help Michael replace what COULD be replaced, and I'd try and FIND the technology to repair what was repairable.

I'm sitting here wiping tears from my eyes right now. A fantastic individual like Michael should NEVER have had this happen to him! Guys...I don't know what else to say...God Bless ya Michael! Let's see if I can rub this lamp and help your wishes to come true! :genielamp:

Doug
I suppose it would be expected, and accurate, to say that what you've lost are all material things, but we all know better than that. Humans bond themselves to "things." These things may be letters, photographs, books, art...it doesn't matter...they are all special because of the memories they hold. They are imprinted with them. These objects immediately transport us to different states of mind. We are a tactile sort. Our senses steer our lives. And the things we touch, and save, mean something.

My mother loved antiques. Not necessarily expensive items...actually quite the opposite. She grew up on a farm, without electricity, and collected pieces that reminded her of her youth. I remember her telling us wonderful, colorful stories as she would pick up a candle stick, or a lantern, and let her mind drift back in time. I learned more about my mom through those reflective moments than any family tree could tell me.

I'm truly very sorry you're going through this. But remember, you're still in possession of an untouchable library and fountain of knowledge and memories that no one can touch. It sits on top of your shoulders and will hopefully, only become richer from this event. No one can replace what you've lost, but maybe the eventual strength you will gain from this loss will give you some peace and satisfaction.

Godspeed.
[quote]
On 2012-09-18 22:11, Wizard of Oz wrote:
No one can replace what you've lost...
[/quote]

Well, we're gonna try. Michael, watch your email (both of them). I just contacted someone who has major magic connections. It's the best I can do...

Doug
I thought I could dispose of my items a while ago, and I sold some comic books, but I didn't have the heart to sell them all. I had to take a few out of the deal because of the memories attached to them.

I can tell you for certain that no item can replace good health.
If you had any books on phrenology or animal magnetism that were lost: I have a huge collection of (mostly antique) books.
If you want, PM me and I'll see what I can do.

Where there is hope, there is life (and vice versa)

VH
Message: Posted by: Michael_MacDonald (Sep 19, 2012 09:13AM)
Thank you guys so much for the offers, it really means a lot to me.

books are my passion and have been for many years. my library consisted of a vast array of topics ranging from antique books on witchcraft, occult studies, books for learning new languages, martial arts, magic, mentalism, a large selection on world religions, horror and much much more.

again I thank you for the offers but I can not possibly expect others to fill my shelves again. as touched as I am that you guys would even consider gifting me so much I can not accept. please do not think this is in anyway a slight against anyone as it is not. it is that for me the true value of these items must be earned or I am not worthy of them. its the journey that makes us who we are not the destination.

if some have books that are not needed I would be glad to buy or trade for them.

Van Helmont I have never had either of those as I have never seen them if you have some that I may buy that would be cool.

doug thank you brother! your concern and your passion for helping others is felt by many here. we see the man you are by the deeds you perform brother. do not change.

again thank you for the generosity and the emotional support it is what is giving me the strength needed to dispose of what is left of generations of faily items, and books I have been collecting all my life.
Message: Posted by: Michael_MacDonald (Sep 19, 2012 09:31AM)
The biggest gift that can be given is friendship and companionship. this has no street value but is the most priceless treasure you can offer. your are offering of yourself. your are giving a piece of your inner being, trusting that it will not be betrayed or shunned.

this gift I accept with all my being, and offer in return mine. if you need me I will be there.

let us walk the path together and share in teh great adventures life has to offer in companionship. knowing that through this camaraderie our load will be lightend, and the road less perilous.

Beanachd leibh!
blessings go with you!

Michael
Michael,

Get video of the damaged items so you can prove you had the items. Bring a good friend with gloves and a mask to video so you can display the items. Mention the provenance or value if the mask allows audibility. If you have health problems this might not be a great idea but call a lawyer before you dispose of the items or at least keep a list of the throw aways.

This will help you remember the items if you ever try to replace them or take legal action. Get a clear record of the notice you were given of the damage and when the damage actually happened.

Slip a note in the door of your storage neighbors with a phone # and tell them you are their neighbor and considering legal action. An alliance could be helpful. Ask the owners directly what recompense they are planning. They may just be hoping it blows over and you'll walk away. Keep your stuff in storage a bit longer, at least till you've spoken to a lawyer. If you can't have your memories you should at least get cash. If you can't get the real value you should at least get the #@*& rent you've paid to protect your items.

Make it clear to the owners that you are building a case. They may offer a settlement so get an idea in mind of what you could accept to "make it go away". See if you homeowners ins. might cover this (I doubt it).

Hate to rub salt in the wound but of the Books lost what were your most constant companion books? Best reference Books?
Many of us see books at estate sales, at a good price, in need of a loving home.

What Magic effects did you use most?

-Mary Mowder
Sorry for your loss Michael. My in-laws lost everything in Katrina and someone told my Mother-In-Law, "You don't cry over anything that can't cry over you." I know it has to be hard and I'd be pursuing legal action (as many have said already) but hopefully something good will come out of it. Best wishes.
Michael,
I, too, would love to know which books you lost. Who knows...perhaps some of us have copies lying around we'd be willing to part with.
Best wishes,
David
Message: Posted by: Michael_MacDonald (Sep 19, 2012 07:34PM)
I have looked online today and found a lot of the historic magick books are now on pdf free as they are public domain its not the same as having hand bound copies but it lets me reference them when needed to give the realistic feel for my performance. I will not be replacing a lot of the regular magic items as I do not perform that any more. I kept them because they were either signed or first runs. the books I will be replacing as I refer to them all the time were mostly mentalism and bizarre, theatrical, and books on séance. these are way to expensive to get first copies of so I am afraid I will not be able to afford them any time soon if I can even find them any more lol.

its funny I can remember what I was thinking when I bought those that I cherished so much. for instance the books that got me looking at changing to bizarre are capricornian tales, spirit theater, mind myth and magic, The Book Of Haunted Magick, and brain food. once I started my studies with bizarre I saw a book by Kotah using the professors nightmare in presentations that left me dizzy.

books that had mean to me for the normal art of magic
complete Tarbell course in magic
the volumes of rice encyclopedia of silk magic
those 2 sets gave me years of magic routines and enjoyment when I first started performing as pro magi.

when I saw 13 steps to mentalism, and practical mentalism I knew that mind presentations were where I was destined to be. psychological subtleties sealed it the fact that you can create the magic with nothing but simple props if anything at all and make it hit harder then all the big illusions combined was astounding to me. that you can make magic, real magic in the minds of your sitters gave me back the magical feelings I had lost over years of performance.

I think since I am starting fresh I will focus more on historic pieces that can be used to set the stage for performances. if you guys have some extra unneeded copies of books please pm me and Let me know how much you want for them.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TARBELL-COURSE-IN-MAGIC-LESSONS-Original-BIG-Book-of-Magicians-Tricks-Close-Up-/170811890936?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c52e9cf8

Here is the original in one volume....I have started reading it again.....great to curl up with and have a dram at night.
A few years back I lost all of my books and props to a fire. I know your suffering. I am still trying to replace the items that are even still available. but books and photos and handmade/one off's are impossible. my condolences my friend.
Message: Posted by: Michael_MacDonald (Sep 19, 2012 08:50PM)
I didn't even know that it came in a single hard bound!
Message: Posted by: Michael_MacDonald (Sep 19, 2012 09:06PM)
[quote]
On 2012-09-19 21:09, Erick Machamer wrote:
A few years back I lost all of my books and props to a fire. I know your suffering. I am still trying to replace the items that are even still available. but books and photos and handmade/one off's are impossible. my condolences my friend.
[/quote]

yes a lot of the antique leather books that I had, I haven't seen since. We will learn, live, and grow from every trial that besets us.

there is an old scottish saying " nothing will pass you by that was meant for you " good or bad it is our turn to endure. I am lucky as I have friends and family that stand by me.

I have decided that I will take some of the old books and recreate them in hand bound leather. this is a project I wanted to do and now I have good reason. ill post pics when I am done if you all like.
Crushed in spirit -- is a good description. It took me more than a year of fighting with an insurance company, hours of inventory recreation lists, and an attorney to discover that a lot of things were not covered, especially things that were not on a rider, like a complete collection of Silver Age graphic comics my son had temporarily stored with me at my business location. The fire destroyed a $million business that could not be replicated because the patterns and files which could not be backed up were destroyed and only the "paper" value of replacing the media, not the intellectual content was covered.

I let the whole thing crush my spirit into a major depression -- and have had to remain on medication since -- now more years than I care to count.

The one thing I did learn is that caring for your mental health after a loss, as well as your legal and insurance obligations, is very important. No, make that exceptionally important. I was not destitute, but a lot poorer and tried to get the business going again -- but ended up going into magic instead -- doing OK, but not great. Then my health started going and a second loss has been having to sell my act, props and collections -- BUT -- I found a lot more support in the magic fraternity worldwide than I did from my insurance company and many of my "business friends."

But, I must say that a number of my previous business friends did find ways to support the magic act -- and offered me corporate shows that sustained my while I was healthy. Over the next few years I put together not only a number of solid acts but a substantial collection that kept me engaged in the hide and go seek mode you'll need to follow in replacing those things that must be replaced with antique priced things -- or substitutes of newer than your originals, but essential.

"For instance, I cannot tell you how devastating it was to lose some of my original Okito stuff -- how rewarding it was to be able to acquire some of the new replacements made by Norm Nielson -- and then again how emotionally difficult it was to have to sell those pieces again later just to pay doctor bills and keep a roof over my head. BUT, between the magic commuinity and mental health providers I am making it day to day in my own weird way.

And although the memories arte all I have -- I figure, at least I have those, a plenty of good friends worldwide -- some of whom have never been face to face with me -- or me with them.

Gregg -- with good thioughts and condolences.
Message: Posted by: StPaulMagician222 (Sep 19, 2012 09:18PM)
Wow, I know how you feel. I lost most of my Illusion Show to a Tornado many years back when it destroyed the warehouse I was keeping them in. I also found out too late that it was my responsibility to have paid that little bit extra for the insurance but as a young adult never thought I would need it. I do remember receiving a small amount from the storage company (1500.-) which might have replaced one item. I still have the vivid pictures in my mind when I looked at the mess of my lifetime interest in little bits and pieces and scattered all around me. Instead of replacing or rebuilding the items- and yes I did have a Water Torture Cell that I sold as scrap metal. The best thing that came out of all of it was that it sparked my interest in Mentalism and Bizarre Magic because I knew my Box Jumping days were most certainly over. It took a tragic situation to change my interest into the greatest Joy of my life.

Allow yourself to grieve. I remember how it came to me in waves once I was over the shock of the whole event. I hope that you will be able to recoup some of your losses by gaining a settlement or a nice sum in a court case. Don't give up, pursue your options and I like the idea of joining forces with other folks that also suffered loss. The very idea that you were not notified in a timely manner will also sway things in your favor and start making that list of everything you remember stored there. I trust that you will find a silver lining to an awful and very sad experience.

Kurt
St. Paul, MN
Michael, you should be hearing from Bev Bergeron shortly...
[quote]
On 2012-09-19 10:31, Michael_MacDonald wrote:
The biggest gift that can be given is friendship and companionship. this has no street value but is the most priceless treasure you can offer. your are offering of yourself. your are giving a piece of your inner being, trusting that it will not be betrayed or shunned.

this gift I accept with all my being, and offer in return mine. if you need me I will be there.

let us walk the path together and share in teh great adventures life has to offer in companionship. knowing that through this camaraderie our load will be lightend, and the road less perilous.

Beanachd leibh!
blessings go with you!

Michael
[/quote]

Good on ya mate. Blessings to you too!
Message: Posted by: Michael_MacDonald (Sep 19, 2012 10:41PM)
I am now noticing that the magic community is rallying around to help and support. this is unfamiliar territory for me as I have never experienced such caring and sharing even from friends that I see in real life. I have been getting pm's emails and calls expressing worry and concern. I only wish that I had met you guys when I was younger and just starting my performance life. I think I would have succeeded a lot sooner with a lot less trial and error. thank you guys.
Hey Michael! Please, take anything that is offered! Members here want to help. Your friends are here for that very reason. I know you are a humble guy, and would gladly buy back your losses, but this is a tough time for many. Those who CAN will give. The rest of us are stickin' by ya, hoping for the best! :)

Doug
Michael, if you had a Naked Mentalism, I'll send you another one free.
Message: Posted by: Michael_MacDonald (Sep 20, 2012 09:56AM)
[quote]
On 2012-09-20 09:20, Jon_Thompson wrote:
Michael, if you had a Naked Mentalism, I'll send you another one free.
[/quote]

to be honest Jon I have not bought it yet, it is on my list to buy as it is said to take psychological subtitles to a new level. I also need to get all the psychological subtitles books back as that is the type of mentalism I love and perform. the ability to walk into a room and start calling out what is "freely selected by a audience member with no questions asked is what has given me the reputation that is now going around about my performances. as you guys know I love the s@nctum and lun@ for just this reason, they do not feel like tricks....they feel real to the sitter.

I do not know what to say guys, I am not used to such an out pouring of concern, and generosity. I will tell you this. these last couple of days has seen a lot of ups and downs, mood swings, crosses between desperation and and denial. if you would have told me last week that possessions being lost could feel like an old trusted friend dieing I am not sure I would have believed it. I would have been wrong.

thanks you my friends your inspiring me to recreate who I was and who I will become as far as my performance life goes. reading some of the old threads here is giving me new directions to take. since I lost the past books it seems like a good time to try the new roads and see where they lead.