(Close Window)
Topic: Chinese coins across in shoelace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50TPZG-t44A&feature=player_embedded

This effect is awesome. Does anyone know if it is published?
There is a s$%ll involved
But it still looks like real magic! I love watching Luis perform!
Me too! I know there is a [, but it still fools me! I have no earthly clue... :confused:

Doug
Ive seen this many times and still don't compleatly get the method, but I believe there are 2 ['s involved and I believe the 2 hosts are stooges
No stooges Poof-Daddy. I´ve seen it done in a live performance and it is exactly what you see in the live tv show.
Pokerface: The effect has been published in El Manuscrito -Dani Daortiz´s magazine-
Wow! That looks really cool. Thanks for the video...
Only needs to be one shell. And no stooges - those two are regulars on the show but I've not seen them directly involved in the magic.

Jim
Whatever it is - it darn sure looks magic to me. wish I could understand the patter.
Intense. Awesome. Love it.
I believe the set of coins used is very similar to http://www.toddlassen.com/mec.htm
Yes, only 1 [ and it was performed incredibly. Thank you for sharing.
Drbuzzard: You are right. I think that is the same. Luis uses to work with Lassen coins.
One [ for sure. Great handling and just the right amount of drama :)
Very entertaining and a great routine! I also love his routine with Cameron Diaz.
[quote]
On 2012-09-21 12:18, drbuzzard wrote:
I believe the set of coins used is very similar to http://www.toddlassen.com/mec.htm
[/quote]

That's the exact set he used...
Great routine, I've watched lots of his videos and really like the way he releases the [, where is this technique taught does anyone know?
Thank you for posting the video. What a great example of taking a well known standard routine to a new level!
Question is....where can we learn this routine?
Not sure if this exact version is published, just think Translocation with a bit of CCC mixed in. If you know those two routines, then you'll have this trick down.
I know both....but some of the string parts confuse me!!
I know translocation and ccc as well, but I'm afraid this trick kind of lost me. I don't speak Spanish, but can understand it to some degree. My initial hypothesis was that the two show hosts were stooges... Are you absolutely sure that they are not involved?
They are def not involved. It uses a miracle enjoyment set by Todd, which includes a shell. There are a few parts on the routine that are clear using the shell. I'm just lost on some parts!
Trooper is correct, they're not involved. I messed around with this routine myself about 4 or so years ago. So my handling might be a tad different, but from what I can tell the coin and [ placement is the same.
[quote]
The effect has been published in El Manuscrito -Dani Daortiz´s magazine-[/quote]

I looked at the published "El Manuscrito", there is not mention of this routine.
This routine was published in "El manuscrito" number 21. (The one with Chan Canasta in the cover) It is a good descriptión of the routine but Luis is working in a new book and a deep description of the routine will be in it -The book will be ready may be in two or three years- He invests a lot of time in his books, you know. ¿Have you seen "monedas y otras historias"? It is an amazing book. Is not easy to get in the USA but is an incredible work of art. http://luispiedrahita.com/blog/archives/4254 Here is a link with Dani Daortiz and Luis talking about the book. http://elmanuscritoblog.blogspot.com.es/2012/09/sobre-monedas-y-otras-historias.html
I'd love to read his work, but I don't speak a lick of Spanish!
[quote]
On 2012-09-21 12:18, drbuzzard wrote:
[/quote]

Those coins look awesome, but I assume you have to contact Lassen for the price?...
They cost 160 for the set...they are gorgeous and heavy duty. Worth the $$
Luis is in this generation a genius in the line of the Dai Vernon, Fred Kaps, Arturo Ascanio, Bob Read, Juan Tamariz... but in a new generation. He is making me very modest.
Anyone found the name or where to buy the above coin trick. magicwalsh@gmail.com
I'm surprised so many magicians above seemed fooled by this after more than one viewing - nearly all of it can be found in Bobo's book and combined with the ring on string effect in Mark Wilson's book.

However, the first few times I was fooled, especially by the last move which was done so slickly there's no way I would have noticed it having not used the move myself! It also shows how the classic moves in the hands of a master can look truly exceptional. He has now become my favourite performer as he has absolute mastery of misdirection, sleight of hand and presentation, in all areas of magic, and he truly expels a magical energy that draws people in. He is an absolute delight to watch!
Well, this routine is beautifully constructed, and despite I also don't speak spanish I could feel the build up and
fill in the blanks for myself (although maybe wrong).

I am certainly not surprised when magicians are fooled even after watching more than once. For me the first phase is a fooler,

where the four coins are threaded and shown both sides lying on the table, he turns over all four so even though one must be the [,
this is absolutely beautifull. Or I maybe missing something.

I enjoyed watching this routine, but the copper silver with Denzel Washington and Ryan Reynolds, I find this even more stunning.

-Dennis
Dennis - I love his copper silver routine. The finale in that is just such a surprise, and I love how Denzel Washington starts out as a sceptic, wanting to examine the coins etc, but ends up regressing to his childhood self and accepts the magic. Beautiful! :)
***, just watched this video for probably the 50th time and only just realised he ends clean! His spectators didn't inspect the coins at the end, but they could have done. I'm learning so much about misdirection just from watching this guy!