(Close Window)
Topic: David Copperfield performs Paul Harris's Immaculate Connection
Anyone remember seeing this on one of his network specials ( where he Vanished the Statue Of Liberty )? I learned it from Paul's Stars Of Magic video when it first came out on VHS. It's on DVD now ( or as an easter egg in the True Astonishment DVD set ).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2c5yvG9I7k&feature=related

I think it's one of the best pieces of close up magic you can perform. I can't imagine the hours spent in coming up with it. Just the linking of the card and having it drop off is amazing. But when you tear the cards and restore them, you own the audience. You have to let them examine the cards. David even followed Paul's suggestion to hand them out to 3 different spectators.
It's great that you are posting up these great magic clips but surely this shouldn't be posted in latest and greatest, this clip is from the 70s or early 80s. We should be able to find a more appropriate category to place youtube clips of great performances.
I've mentioned this before, but it goes ignored.
Maybe not latest, but in the running for greatest. I enjoyed the video very much.
Let's be real. You could close your eyes and pick any clip of DC and it still would kick butt regardless of the decade it came from. :)

Great clip. I have almost all of DC's shows compressed on my computer and watch them often enough. So much great stuff in those shows.

BTW, check out the comment directly below the clip (doctorbeepers) hahaha. I can't repeat it here but it's too funny.
I have always enjoyed his use of smaller effects.
Terrific
Black Magic for sure!
Chris Kenner and Homer Liwag are just covers to disguise the black magic!

Many thanks for sharing this. I remember watching this on television during
the original run, but had never rewatched it. Even more special now.
I used to perform this. I want to perform this again...
Wonderful. I'm performing this on a regular basis in my street show in London. It is powerful.
Is it in print? For Sale?
Yes .. [url=http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2280]HERE[/url] ...
On the teaching segment, Paul goes over every nuance very carefully. He really wanted Magicians to nail it before performing it. The DVD has 3 of the Stars Of Magic vhs releases on it and is loaded with PH classics that have been adopted by Pro's word wide in their work.

The DVD is only $14.95!
That's quite a bargain and it shows how times have changed. Guys are charging twice that much for a DVD with one trick (and variations) that aren't nearly as good as half the material of that PH DVD.