(Close Window)
Topic: Cultural Xchange 2?
Have anyone seen these DVDs? I've seen some work from Shoot and he's really good with coins but I haven't seen anything by Apollo. Does anyone know anything about the Xchange series??

Mabee :spinningcoin:
I have Cultural Xchange 1. It is very good. Half of them are coin magic and there is some very good card work too. I especially like “Apollo's Changing Tebe” (Bertram Change) and “Right on Cue.”

I would say CX2 should be equally as good as CX1, if not better.
I just got CE2. Same type of focus as 1 - visual stuff without words, though the material itself and the routines are different; a mix of mostly card and coin stuff. CE2 is every bit as good as 1, so if you liked the first one, you will like the second one.

Shoot has a few very nice Matrixes on this DVD. One of the best routines in my opinion is Shoot's coins and glass routine. 2B gone is some cutting edge knuckle-busting stand up coin concealment to production work. If you liked Apollo's work with "Trinity" on the first video you will like this.
Thanks guys I think I'll get this one it looked really good on the demo video.
Do you know if you would need anything special with this DVD??

…Like large coins or something like that, that they use??

Mabee :spinningcoin:
You need essentially a deck of un-gimmicked cards and some coins. Shoot does a great production of four jumbo coins on CX1. Copper or brass coins are also featured quite a bit.

Don't forget to bring your fingers!
Super DVD. Highly recommended.
How's Son Of Recap?
I really liked Son of Recap. As a matter of fact it's the first thing that I started working on from the DVD. Apollo gives a lot of thought to spectator management which is critical. He has a few additions to Wilson's ideas.

Another nice move that I liked off of this was Apollo's Heel Tap Change. This is a very clean and magical change of one coin to another, coin into purse, etc. Basically a change of any two similiar sized items.
How advanced are these DVD's?
[quote]On 2003-10-28 23:29, ixnay66 wrote:
How's Son Of Recap?
[/quote]"Son Of ReCap" is my favourite routine on CX2.
Apollo has taken the idea of ReCap, created by Greg Wilson (and used here by Greg's permission) a step further; cap vanishes from the pen, returns, pen vanishes to be found behind the ear, cap vanishes to be found IN the ear...
Great routine.
Previous read: AOA vol 1, page 289 Previous watch: Off The Cuff, to check out Greg's handling.

Peo

[quote]On 2003-11-21 10:12, shanester wrote:
How advanced are these DVD's?[/quote]
Definitely not for beginners.

Peo
Has anyone been working on the flip tip move? Have you been able to get the coin to flip to your fingertips yet? I keep flinging it too darn far! Cool looking production though!

Josh