(Close Window)
Topic: Nostradamus Clock
HI has anybody ever had problems with the locking mechanism not working or know how to fix it if its isn't working?
Many thanks, Stu
Mine never work too.
Have you had any joy fixing one Stereo?
Never find how to fix it :(
I had one that was not locking and was not making the clicking sound so I cut it opened to fix it. It worked for a while but eventually broke again. I have not found the right material to use that is resilient enough yet.

Here is the good news. I had another that was making the clicking noise but was not locking. It is now locking.

If you shake it and work with it for a while, you should be able to get the locking mechanism to re-engage.

John
Brilliant thank you...
Mine do not make clicking sound ( make sound only when I continualy push on stick) and is impossible to lock too lol It was a brand new one, signed by the inventor in package, so I think it's manufacturing error.
I will try what you say John.
The clicking means that the blade has not broken (that is the part that I could not fix). All the blade does is make the sound. I would be surprised if the locking mechanism has broken, it is just not engaging, probably stuck in the open position.

Give it a few hard knocks on a table, also try snapping your finger nail all around the back.

Anyway, the trick is still good even of you can't lock it, just not as good.

John
I was just got out my Nostradamus Clock. It was not locking. I gave it a couple if knocks and now it is locking and it is repeatable. I hope you can get yours to work Davy.

John
Have you checked for the fix in his quatrains?
Surely he knew this was gonna happen.
Yes, my Nostradamus clock ticks too as John sais. Never had problems with it (touching wood!). It is a good trick - the idea of the classic D**-V***** combined with a cool gimmicked clock. I hardly perform it however because setting the time right is a bit 'hit or miss' (hard to 'move' the 'thingy' ;) ) - perhaps I need to oil the trick a bit so it gets smoother :)

John, you are refering to the ticking as the 'blade' that does this ... what blade do you mean?
Killer,

Don't oil it, that will most likely stop the lock from engaging. Make sure that your your finger is not greasy so you get good friction when making the adjustment.

Inside is a blade that sometimes breaks off (as it did with mine). If you hear no clicking sound when you push down and turn the knob then the blade has broken off.

When the mechanism is locked it makes the clicking sound when the knob is turned to set the clock. So if your audience member sees that the clock can't be moved without hearing the clicking noise, then they will not suspect you of adjusting it because no sound was heard.

Clicking is good. Locking is good. Trick is OK but not as good as Future Clock IMO.

John
Thanks for the suggestions/help John!
My locking system of my Mistery China box is broken too... In fact in my collection I have 3 defective trick.
Wonder Window
Nostradamus Clock
Mystery China Box
Hello, I want to say Thank You to John because my Nostradamus Clock work perfectly now !!!!
This is something I could not know if I did not cut one open.

I was a hard decision to do the operation but it was worth it.

As they say you have to break some eggs to make an omelet.

OK Richard now add some egg animations or a Humpty Dumpty or something. ;-)
[img]http://home.mindspring.com/~richardw3/Cafe/Humpty-Dumpty-Clock.gif[/img]
LOL!
[quote]
On 2012-09-29 15:50, stereo wrote:
My locking system of my Mistery China box is broken too... In fact in my collection I have 3 defective trick.
Wonder Window
Nostradamus Clock
Mystery China Box
[/quote]

When Wonder Window is 100% new in package and you follow the instructions EXACTLY as the manual sais (which most don't) it will work 90% of the time. You have to apply the pressure on the 'thing' on exactly the right position at the right time. If this is not done it will brake eventually. Davy, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you tried it the 'wrong' way, but
- often older Tenyo tricks have the glue worn off and the package can be easily opened to put a 'used' trick inside and
- there are about 1/10 Wonder Windows that just do not work fluently ... .

Nostradamus Clock: from what I have heard/read on this thread the 'clicking' mechanism is very fragile :(

Mystery China Box: is it only the 'locking mechanism' that is defective? This locking mechanism works because a thing 'slides' ... I had a 'slider' that went ‘too easy’ (if that makes sense) and put a very tiny piece of glue on one side (be VERY carefull though!) ... .
In fact when I slide the locking systeme I can always push a little the "button" and the gimmick open up a little :(
Is this actually a problem? I normally never let the box be inspected thoroughly by the spectators, sometimes very briefly ... . With a good routine there is no inspection needed for Mystery China Box ... just do not hand it out.
It's not a problem but it is not like that the magic should function normally.
I agree. Was it new in package when you bought it?
My China Box is like Stereo's. When locked there is slightly too much play in the button.

Killertweety is right, but since the lock is present it would be nice if it were just a tiny bit tighter.

Of course, when I demonstrate it I never let the spectator hold that end of the box.
If my memory is good I buy it from Magico Japan so yes brand new in package :( Manufacturing problem unfortunately. Maybe for that it was discontinued too.
Make the 'thing that moves' wider with paint etc ... so it has a tight fit. That's what I would do ... .
[quote]On Sep 28, 2012, Killertweety wrote:
Yes, my Nostradamus clock ticks too as John sais. Never had problems with it (touching wood!). It is a good trick - the idea of the classic D**-V***** combined with a cool gimmicked clock. I hardly perform it however because setting the time right is a bit 'hit or miss' (hard to 'move' the 'thingy' ;) ) - perhaps I need to oil the trick a bit so it gets smoother :)

John, you are refering to the ticking as the 'blade' that does this ... what blade do you mean? [/quote]
hola he comprado en una subasta varios juegos de magia, entre he podido ver que tengo el NOSTRADAMUS CLOCK , pero no tengo instrucciones, teneis instrucciones?. perdonar mi Ingles, no se ingles.