(Close Window)
Topic: Docc Hilford's Corvus Slates ( and Doccinar )
WOW!

"The Raven's Slates have been vastly improved. They're now The Corvus Slates. (Latin for Raven ) And once you actually HEAR them, you'll never use anything else"...Docc Hilford

http://www.docchilfordproducts.com/slates/

The Corvus Slates
Has these important features:

No flaps, roller blinds or secret covers.
No extra slates are used.
No switches.
No special numbering of sides.
All four sides are washed clean.
No white carbons.
The messages are actually written in chalk.
Nothing is added or taken from the slates.
The sound comes from the actual chalk and slates.
The medium doesnít move.
No hook-ups; completely self contained.
No threads or remotes controls.
No assistants are needed.
No recordings. The sound is really chalk on slate.
No special lighting is needed.
Can be performed surrounded.
The slates can be thoroughly examined.
Itís astounding to hear the chalk write the message.
Itís chilling to see the message appear.
Some of the professionals who use Corvus Slates are:

Bob Sheets, Alain Nu, Rick Maue, Dan Strange, Jon Stetson, Neal Scryer, Richard Webster, M. Weber and The Inner Circle of Bizarre Magicians.
The slates look amazing, but I can't afford them.

I'm very happy to see that the Doccinar is available on it's own and covers many areas of using the slates. Yay.
The slates are really cool. I haven't actually handled the new slates but did handle the previous version. I sat in a hotel room with Docc and another well known mentalist. Docc showed us the slates and hearing the chalk move was really nice. It was spooky and really a great effect.

A set of the new slates in on its way to me and I am looking forward to using them. I really like that you can use the slates as normal slates for whatever purpose.

We haven't actually announced the Doccinar only but it is up there. We may add more material to it in the future. Of course all purchasers will receive any updates. We really try to not hype things much here on the boards. If you just want to see the slates in action go to Docc's website to see a demo of the slates:

http://www.docchilfordproducts.com/slates/

It is a little ways down the page. If you haven't seen them before at least enjoy the demo. It is the actual chalk making the sound and you have complete control over it.

Thanks for the interest.

Dan
Just to clariy, the Corvus Slates are not a new technology per se but an improvement on Raven's Slates. If you had thought about buying Raven's Slates, understand the method and want the new and improved version then strongly consider Corvus Slates. However, you should be aware that Corvus does not introduce a new method. I have both models since I purchased the Raven's slates from Docc at MindVention 2010. Mine are the slates Docc used in his demo, so they are a nice collector's item. I purchased Corvus Slates as the newer product so I have a set of slates suitable for everyday use.
So are these good for stage or just parlor? can the chalk be heard if done on stage? Also what would be the reason to get these over a locking spirit slate.....is it just for the noise aspect? Really curious. I wants some slate but need more info about these
The slates are large enough to be used onstage. The chalk writing sound cannot be easily heard in a stage situation without amplification. At Mindvention, those if us in front could hear the writing directly, but others could only hear it through the microphone Docc was using. The slates are less weighty than you might expect. There is no locking required. If you want locking slates, you are looking for something else.