(Close Window)
Topic: IUnlockYourMind
Hi Gang,

Just a heads up on a new product that should be out shortly. The guys that put this together (Myke and Salah) have graciously shared it with me and since I've been playing with it for a few weeks now I thought I'd leave a short review.

It's an app that allows you to quite discreetly get someone's birth year, PIN code and/or password to their phone, among many other pieces of information.

A thread is already going here: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=483936&forum=275&7

I think many of you will find it interesting, different, and useful, too; so I thought I'd leave my two cents and give you all the heads up.

This app will be at a substantially higher fee than most apps, but those that do use it will find it a bargain. I found it very easy to use, and Myke and Salah a pleasure to work with. They've pretty much thought about every aspect of this application and I wish them the best of luck with their new creation.

I'm sure if you have any questions about this app either of them would be thrilled to help.

Best,

V
Thanks for the head's up. I am intrigued.
Thanks many
Salah and I, are thinking about having a competition for one lucky performer to win a free iUnlockYourMind App!

We are still thinking about what the comp will be, but for now, who's interested?

Good thoughts
Myke
I'm in Myke!!!
MP,

Great idea!

PV
I'm In!

Kieran
Me too :)
Keep an eye out in latest greatest my friends!!

Best
Myke
Competition is here guys :)

http://themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=483935&forum=218&82&start=60#21

Best
Myke
Hi guys,

iUnlockYourMind will be available in the AppStore on Friday 12 noon GMT?

Please check it out!

Here are a few quotes:

"This is an excellent app - bear in mind, I HATE MAGIC APPS! This one however I use.... Lots - both for preshow work and during performance. A brilliant job!"
- James Brown

"This effect left me spinning !!!! I had the pleasure of being on the receiving end of this wonderful effect and I stood there in complete amazement, HOW DID YOU GET MY PIN NUMBER...!!!!???
Ravi Mayer creator of "Hit & Run" DVD

"This is as clean and imperceptible as anybody could hope for in an app of this kind and could possibly be the best mind-reading app ever. If mind-control were real, I believe that it would look like this."
- Daniel Madison

"What I like about iUnlock YourMind is, it's slick, easy, modern and fits in your pocket."
- Kieron Johnson creator of "To The Max"

"No joke, it's the best iPhone magic app that's been created hands down! I've seen em all"
- Alex Ward

"The peek method is outstanding and this should be a go to tool in any magicians arsenal."
- Alan Rorrison

"Myke, Salah! your upcoming release, knocked me for six!!!
It's unreeeeeal! Absolutely love it!!
I can't remember being this badly floored in........ Practical, Contemporary, Ingenious...
If I didn't have one, I would buy an iPhone just for this trick..."
- Fergus Flanagan

"I blew some minds! YESTERDAY. Some of the strongest reactions I have ever gotten. Please raise the price, I don't want everyone using it."
- Jose Prager

"This is more than worth the wait guys, it's fantastic! It's rare that you find an effect which stuns the spectator into silence. This is not a toy it's a deadly weapon!"
- Michael Murray

"This is probably the best app, if you could even call it an app that has hit the magic world!

I have performed this close-up, and even on stage, and the reactions are priceless..........very very great reactions.
The first time I ever performed it was for a magician friend, then a few days later, over the phone, I destroyed him and told him his PIN number from his bank card....he was in shock! Next week, I close out a theatre show with other magicians, and I will be closing with IUNLOCKYOURMIND, so you can get a sense of the power that it holds."
- Alex Hinojosa

"I bit the bullet on this one and couldn't be happier with the purchase. A lot of detail has gone into this app' and is definitely worth the money. The videos are good and the support service so far has been great."
- Matt Grimmett

"I was on the fence regarding this , but I took the plunge and I can tell you this app is amazing, I have spent all morning reading instructions, watching videos and talking it through with Myke."
- Carl Wagstaff

"So I got to see this in the flesh today... It's great!!! So many uses for this it's unreal! I only got to spend a short while with Myke but from what he showed me, it really changed my views on this!"
- jamie Povey

"Guys, I have to tell you that this app is amazing.
I have had it for a few months now and have since purchased it again for my business partner. Seriously this is the best app I have on my phone. I could never be without this now - as long as I have my phone on me I have access to killer Mentalism material."
- Craig Petty

"Bloody hell! It's genius mate! Awesome thinking!
you guys have done very well here!"
- Colin McLeod

"Got to perform this last night 6 times and it worked like a dream! The reactions were priceless and the actions were all smooth. Absolutely love this!"
- Rob Domenech

"First properly used this yesterday to close a small close up gig with. SUCH a strong reaction to finally unlocking the spectator's phone at the end. Awesome!"
- Pete Hathway

Worked iUnlockYourMind for the first time tonight! Its genius! Well done Myke Phillips and Salah Aazedine!"
- Craig Squires

Unlocked my first phone today, priceless!
- Darren Kidby

"I got this a week or two ago and after many performances, it was totally worth it. People laugh in disbelief when they unlock my phone, but when I unlock theirs, they stopes laughing, they actually looked frightened!! best purchase in the last 5 yrs. Period."
- Jamie Skelton

Best
Myke
Hi myke,

Is this on iPhone only or will it be available for android phones?

Thanks,

Sea
Only on iPhone, iPod touch.

Thanks Sea

Myke
What will the price be like?
[quote]
On 2013-05-02 14:00, Unknown7777 wrote:
What will the price be like?
[/quote]

$44.99 is the price for iUnlockYourMind.

Best
Myke
Only iPhone again :(
[quote]
On 2013-05-02 22:20, george1953 wrote:
Only iPhone again :(
[/quote]

Yeah! Sorry george!

It's available here:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/iunlockyourmind/id566965138?ls=1&mt=8

Myke
Wow. Wow. Wow.
Nothing more to say :)
I love this.
Bought last night. This is dangerously good.

Nice work. Myke. :)
Pity it's iPhone only :-( It sounds good!
I note on the apple site .. It states optimised for the IPhone 5 .

I own an iPhone 4 ... To what extent will I notice any differences ?

thanks for any assistance

Andy
Andy,

I have iPhone 4s... and it seems to work just fine.
Thanks Paul

Off to make my purchase
This is ingenious. What an awesome tool this is. Well done Myke 😊

Sean👍👍👍👍
[quote]
On 2013-05-04 10:52, Sean Giles wrote:
This is ingenious. What an awesome tool this is. Well done Myke 😊

Sean👍👍👍👍
[/quote]

You made my day Sean mate. :)

Kindest regards
Myke
Any plans for Android?
[quote]
On 2013-05-04 13:18, Steve Suss wrote:
Any plans for Android?
[/quote]

Hi Steve,

No plans just yet mate.

Good thoughts
Myke
Message: Posted by: SubconsciousSymbols (May 5, 2013 07:32AM)
What's this like on a 3Gs Myke?

I'm hovering over 'buy now' on the app store, but need to know if it'll run fine on my old skool apple.

Very interested in this and excited you managed to make it available.

Aw
Good to see it released...i'm in!
I'm loving this Myke, well done. :)

I'm hoping the large dots get fixed too though; looking forward to the update!

~ Nique
[quote]
On 2013-05-05 08:32, SubconsciousSymbols wrote:
What's this like on a 3Gs Myke?

I'm hovering over 'buy now' on the app store, but need to know if it'll run fine on my old skool apple.

Very interested in this and excited you managed to make it available.

Aw
[/quote]

Hi there, so sorry just seen your post.

I'm not sure to be honest, it does state that you have to running iOS 4.3 and above.

I will get back to you on that.

Myke
Here is the correct link to iMindreader. Same password:
http://vimeo.com/paulroffman/imin

Posted: May 9, 2013 10:23 am This makes it all worth it.

Best App on the Planet! ★★★★★

by Infotainer - Version 1.1 - May 6, 2013

I swallowed my pride and took the initiative to buy this app and boy did I get my money's worth! This is the best app out there! If you're looking to really shake your spectator's world and achieve a God-like status among mortals, don't hesitate to get this. If you don't then I will fool you badly with it!!!
Hi mykephillips

where do I get the correct password?

thanks
[quote]
On 2013-05-09 17:38, EVENT wrote:
Hi mykephillips

where do I get the correct password?

thanks
[/quote]

Hi there,

Just saw this now. The password is in the app video links.

Best
Myke
Anyone else having trouble viewing the main performance video? It links to the intro on my phone.
[quote]
On 2013-05-13 01:45, Sean Giles wrote:
Anyone else having trouble viewing the main performance video? It links to the intro on my phone.
[/quote]

Here is the link, same password. Will be updated in the app ASAP
http://vimeo.com/paulroffman/imin

Best
Myke
For those of you still on the fence, perhaps you might be interested in my thoughts over at http://magicblog.org/iunlockyourmind-by-appguru/

Warmest Regards,
Stephen
Stephen, great review, and think you are spot on with all your comments............. fantastic 'TOOL'
I got this and really like it. It compliments my own impromptu methods for guessing someone's pass-code nicely.

To me, this app is the 21st Century Lover's Lock but, thanks to the well thought out methods, offers so much more!
This is an awesome review!

Thanks for your kind words Alexander. I did purchase you ebook immediately, I find myself purchasing anything to do with iPhone Passcodes a now lol.

I added you to the iUnlockYourMind Facebook group as we have a lot of discussions going on there.

Best
Myke
[quote]
On 2013-08-15 14:51, Alexander Marsh wrote:
I got this and really like it. It compliments my own impromptu methods for guessing someone's pass-code nicely.

To me, this app is the 21st Century Lover's Lock but, thanks to the well thought out methods, offers so much more!
[/quote]

Welcome in the club :) Jan
I took the plunge on this. I love it. In fact, it's brilliant.
I particularly enjoy asking hot female specs to try their birth day and month when trying to unlock my phone. Now, I know their star sign... I can later pretend to read their astrology sign and, the fact I guess it correctly makes them think I am a god. It often ends in sex in my appartment.
Slight problem, with iOS 7 is there going to be an update? Does anyone know?

Thanks.
No problem, they work on it... :) Jan
Had an email from Salah a few days ago. He is working hard on solving the lock screen issue.
Any update on when the APP is going to be fixed to look better with ios7? Given that this is an app designed to simulate the appearance of a lock screen, I'm actually kind of surprised how "off" it looks. The time is jogged over to the right of where it should be, the date doesn't display correctly, the background is very low resolution, and the color on the buttons is off. As it stands, I would be very hesitant to put my phone in any iPhone owner's hand to do this trick. I feel like I myself would instantly notice the lock screen is bogus. Is this being worked on?
Don't understand really AutarchicFlux......... mine is identical to the real screens
Hmm. Mine definitely is not, and is a poor enough approximation to worry me. What iOS version are you using?
Im on latest IOS and using the Pro version
Mine is comepletly normal and I'm still on ios7
Really weird. Mine still has a low-res background, the time is jogged over to the right, and my buttons glow blue instead of taking on the color of the background. Am I having a software issue?
Suggest you contact Myke.
I've requested to join the Facebook group, hopefully I'll get some clarification there.
I would like to report that I am running this on an iPhone 4 with ios7 installed. For me the custom background does not work. You can select an image from your camera roll, but it never gets displayed on the lock screen. I have tried this numerous times.
[quote]On Sep 4, 2014, mortep00 wrote:
I would like to report that I am running this on an iPhone 4 with ios7 installed. For me the custom background does not work. You can select an image from your camera roll, but it never gets displayed on the lock screen. I have tried this numerous times. [/quote]

Can you send me a print screen of the lock screen and your settings to mykephillips@mac.com

Myke
X
Hi, thanks. I managed to get this working. It would seem you need to select 'Clear' as the colour for the custom background to appear, although I do not think this is not mentioned in the instructions.

All the best,

Paul.

Posted: Sep 6, 2014 09:31 am
Oops, double negative! I meant to say I do not think it is in the instructions.
[quote]On Sep 6, 2014, mortep00 wrote:
Hi, thanks. I managed to get this working. It would seem you need to select 'Clear' as the colour for the custom background to appear, although I do not think this is not mentioned in the instructions.

All the best,

Paul. [/quote]

Great! Under strict rules by Apple and a conversation over the phone with them, we are not allowed to explain this in the instructions. It's a long story and the reason it took so long for iUnlockYourMind to hit the App Store in the first place.

Best
Myke
X
Hi

Is this working for the iPhone 6 plus and doees it look legit?
Yes and yes... :) Jan
Now obsolete with Apple's default six digit pin?!
Message: Posted by: TheDirectionalist (Oct 19, 2015 07:09AM)
[quote]On Oct 17, 2015, Robvs wrote:
Now obsolete with Apple's default six digit pin?! [/quote]
No not really?!
Yep
It's not obsolete.

But yes if someone is using a 6 digit pin, you will not be able to use one of the main features of the app.

You will still be able to use quite a few. You will also be able to still pull off miracles for a large portion of iphone users (thus far I only run into 1 out of maybe 10 people who use the 6 digit pin. This can obviously change).
Plus, you don't have to reveal their unlock code. Reveal their birthday or their pin code, or any 4 digit number.. The 6 digits does not make this useless.
True but the main selling point of this whole app was... the pin code.

Someone I know tried this out on me in Vegas a few weeks ago and he didn't realize I had the new 6S... so it failed.
It is no problem at all... just a matter of presentation and asking the right questions. If someone uses a 6 digit code (besides that you can set the/your iPhone 6s to a 4 digit code as well...) you can still present it. Just tell him that you (still) use a 4 digit code... if he uses 6 digits, simply ask him to say aloud his first 2 digits and then try the following 4 digits silently (in order) on your phone to see if it unlocks... Of course it does not; it is even more believable as he tries a part of his pin code to unlock your phone... Jan
FWIW, complex pass codes have always been around even on iOS. Quite early on I had to deal with someone who had a 6 digit pin.

Certain enterprise systems require this - in other words, these people used their iPhones for work and were required to have more digits, sometimes even words as their pass codes!

This has affected other unlock routines of mine as well, not just app driven ones.

After the first 1 or 2 times, I simply have just learned to ask "do you have a 4 digit unlock code?... I know some people don't kepe the code locks on..."

Now of course, YES these will become more common. But there are so many other methods now that work, there is still value with IUYM in my opinion.
[quote]On Nov 2, 2015, saysold1 wrote:
True but the main selling point of this whole app was... the pin code.

Someone I know tried this out on me in Vegas a few weeks ago and he didn't realize I had the new 6S... so it failed. [/quote]

Since you knew what he was doing, I'd say it failed anyway...
[quote]On Nov 3, 2015, DynaMix wrote:
FWIW, complex pass codes have always been around even on iOS. [/quote]

Someone just made up a fact.

A real fun fact: three days after the iphone 6s came out 13 million people had 6 digit codes by default (not unlockable by this app)
Three days prior, NONE had a six digit code by default.

Let me know when Myke uses the 100's of thousands of dollars in revenue to add a toggle button to the screen so that you can still use the app for its flagship effect. For now, I'll stick it in a folder with City Prediction and name it "Apps that don't work as well anymore" because the iphone has always been capable of complex folder naming, since the beginning of time.
'100's of thousands of dollars in revenue'??!!...... Wake up and smell what your shovelling!!
[quote]On Nov 8, 2015, rasp wrote:
'100's of thousands of dollars in revenue'??!!...... Wake up and smell what your shovelling!! [/quote]

On August 29th 2015, Myke Phillips posted the following in the thread "APPS-alutely/*iunlockyourmind pro in action"*

"About three people, out of thousands, who have about [sic] iUnlockYourMind have mentioned what you have here and I have explained what your concerns are, to them and in the group page..."

Assuming that the post was referring to the retail version, not the pro version, if that number of app users is 2,000 (the minimum number to make his claim of "thousandS" truthful) at the current retail price of $75, that would equate to $150,000 in revenue. The lowest listed price for this app was $45.99 putting the revenue at nearly $92,000 if we use 2,000 in sales as our lowball working number. And if we split the difference (which would not be completely fair, because the app only sat for 6 months at the low rate and almost two years at the current rate) we are still in the 100's of thousands of dollars.

If I must provide a definition of profit vs. revenue I can, and we can also break down the commission costs of an app. Nonetheless, my claim is correct if Myke's is.
[quote]On Nov 8, 2015, Robvs wrote:
[quote]On Nov 3, 2015, DynaMix wrote:
FWIW, complex pass codes have always been around even on iOS. [/quote]

Someone just made up a fact.

A real fun fact: three days after the iphone 6s came out 13 million people had 6 digit codes by default (not unlockable by this app)
Three days prior, NONE had a six digit code by default.

Let me know when Myke uses the 100's of thousands of dollars in revenue to add a toggle button to the screen so that you can still use the app for its flagship effect. For now, I'll stick it in a folder with City Prediction and name it "Apps that don't work as well anymore" because the iphone has always been capable of complex folder naming, since the beginning of time. [/quote]

???

Why would I make up a fact? People have been able to use 6 digit pins, even words as their passcode for some time now. Well before iOS9. This is pretty well documented man. It's also happened to me several times in performance.

You seem really bitter. I have no horse in this race, just adding to the subject by explaining that there are ways to get around it. But I do agree (obviously) that incoporating 6 digits would be the best move. I have no idea if that's possible from their end.
Very true, 6 digit pins have been around since before the app was created, at least as far as in the UK my company provides blackberry's, but in the US they get iphones and these have always used a password rather than the default 4 digit pin of prior ios's.

As far as 13 million people being on 6 digit pins, fuzzy logic, whilst the 6s defaults to 6 digit pin it is entirely possible to change it to a 4 digit pin. As early adopters tend to be tech savvy and people have a tendency to stick with a pin practically for life. As a fraud specialist in the payment card industry I can attest to the fact that an alarming number of people have the same pin on all of their bank cards and their pass code.

I have no doubt that a significant number of those people have done exactly the same as my son, my daughter and all of my 6s owning friends and changed the settings to a 4 digit pin and set it to their old faithful. To date when performing I have only come across a couple of 6's and a 6s plus, one was on a 4 digit pin and two had no passcode at all.

Mark
I use Cal-ender by M Murray frequently.

a. Six digit pins are (very slowly) becoming more prevealnt
b. alpah / numeric iphone passwords (here in the UK) have been preseneted to me on a handful of occasions during the past 18 months
Is there any place ... any place at all ... to purchase the pro version???
You have to contact Myke directly. Jan
Looking for the best contact info for Myke
[quote]On Nov 2, 2015, JanForster wrote:
It is no problem at all... just a matter of presentation and asking the right questions. If someone uses a 6 digit code (besides that you can set the/your iPhone 6s to a 4 digit code as well...) you can still present it. Just tell him that you (still) use a 4 digit code... if he uses 6 digits, simply ask him to say aloud his first 2 digits and then try the following 4 digits silently (in order) on your phone to see if it unlocks... Of course it does not; it is even more believable as he tries a part of his pin code to unlock your phone... Jan [/quote]

Nice Jan, thanks for the post :)
Is there an android version as well?