(Close Window)
Topic: Ken Scott Fantasy Magician routine
Message: Posted by: kenscott (Oct 13, 2012 01:22AM)
Hey Friends
Its Oct and the wedding season is over and I got my latest batch of tuxes for my fantasy magician. I get them twice a year from a company in Atlanta and then my mom sews them together. If you are interested in this audience tested routine send me PM. I will have a great Café price.

Tim Sonefelt is selling an item called thought bubbles and they are really cute. I have added them to my fantasy magician routine.

Thanks
Ken
Message: Posted by: Julie Carpenter (Oct 16, 2012 10:27AM)
Nice to hear from you Ken.
When are you coming to England?
Message: Posted by: Scott O. (Oct 16, 2012 12:19PM)
These are really nice, Ken. I bought one almost 4 years ago, and it hung in my closet, unused until this summer. I found the perfect spot for the Fantasy Magician in my library reading show. It's an old idea that brings big laughs with the right volunteer. Now I use this quite regularly in other shows as well.
Message: Posted by: Red Shadow (Oct 16, 2012 12:25PM)
Anyone wanting to do a Jimmy Saville impression needs one of these...
Message: Posted by: Kevinr (Oct 16, 2012 02:17PM)
In this day and age of kids being molested, abducted and all the other wackos I just don't think someone should be doing "fantasy" magician.

A parent might not tell you this looks strange or awkward to your face but it is. You have thousands and thousands of options with effects and tricks.

Why risk it for one single effect?!?

If you REALLY feel like your life or show will somehow be incomplete without this one single item and the world might come to end somehow without it. Then give the child a hat and cape but don't climb behind a child like that and do some fantasy thing.

Goggle clowns, magicians and molestation and you will find out that this is a reality!
Message: Posted by: Dynamike (Oct 16, 2012 02:24PM)
People will do anything for money.
Message: Posted by: John Martin (Oct 16, 2012 08:27PM)
[quote]
On 2012-10-16 15:17, Kevinr wrote:
In this day and age of kids being molested, abducted and all the other wackos I just don't think someone should be doing "fantasy" magician.
[/quote]

Unfortunately it's this kind of thinking, or rather over thinking, that is just SUCKING the fun out a lot of things in life. Too bad.

John
Message: Posted by: Donald Dunphy (Oct 16, 2012 09:16PM)
This solution (enhancement) was created for some:

[url=http://www.smmagic.com/?p=206]--> "Instant / Fantasy Magician Stand", by Smoky Mountain Magic[/url]

- Donald
Message: Posted by: JamesinLA (Oct 17, 2012 12:41AM)
I like the way it makes it a bigger effect. I want to find out what hardware they use to make it snap up into place like that.

Jim
Message: Posted by: keeblem (Oct 17, 2012 12:50AM)
[quote]
On 2012-10-16 21:27, John Martin wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-10-16 15:17, Kevinr wrote:
In this day and age of kids being molested, abducted and all the other wackos I just don't think someone should be doing "fantasy" magician.
[/quote]
Unfortunately it's this kind of thinking, or rather over thinking, that is just SUCKING the fun out a lot of things in life. Too bad.

John
[/quote]
I concur!
Message: Posted by: Rodney Palmer (Oct 17, 2012 01:05AM)
Personally,

I do not perform Ken Scott's Fantasy Magician. However I do know that Ken kills with this effect and I have never hear people laugh as much in a Magic Show when this effect is being performed this is the biggest LAUGH in his shows and others that I have seen perform it. This could be the only effect you perform and it really is all that is needed as it is that good. It is a very GOOD Routine and in the hands of the right person it plays very wel.

As magicians we are runnig scared with all of the hoopla over Child Molestation and that people will perceive you as a pervert. If this is your thinking perhaps you should not perform for children at all as I cannot see how you would have a good time with the kids if you are that scared over being sued or whatever.

If the Fantasy Magician is not for you then your should try out Ken Scott's (Magician Blendo). It is along the same lines as Fantasy Magician and will play well although not as well as the FM but it does play very well. YES, I do own it and get a lot out of it. I just do not perform the FM due to movements of my body and having Rotator Cuff Surgery. It is hard to perform the effect well when you cannot move your arms all around. That is why I choose the BLENDO MAGICIAN.

Rodney
Message: Posted by: Kevinr (Oct 17, 2012 01:20AM)
[quote]
On 2012-10-16 21:27, John Martin wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-10-16 15:17, Kevinr wrote:
In this day and age of kids being molested, abducted and all the other wackos I just don't think someone should be doing "fantasy" magician.
[/quote]
Unfortunately it's this kind of thinking, or rather over thinking, that is just SUCKING the fun out a lot of things in life. Too bad.

John
[/quote]
Ok,

SO WHAT?!?

It's still a fact and is what it is. I disagree but even you see my point.

You have a thousand "fun" magic tricks to work with on kids. One like this is great but not worth the risk. You have thousands of other choices so move on and pick a more appropriate one.
[quote]
On 2012-10-16 22:16, Donald Dunphy wrote:
This solution (enhancement) was created for some:

[url=http://www.smmagic.com/?p=206]--> "Instant / Fantasy Magician Stand", by Smoky Mountain Magic[/url]

- Donald
[/quote]
So spend $800 plus 30 minutes to drag in something to solve a risky problem and make it more politically correct?!?!

REALLY??

You have a thousand choices and you still want to force a cirlce in a square hole for a kids birthday magic show?

REALLY?!?
Message: Posted by: Donald Dunphy (Oct 17, 2012 01:53AM)
The Little Darlings area (and this thread) isn't just about kids birthday shows.

- Donald
Message: Posted by: Kevinr (Oct 17, 2012 02:29AM)
Don't wanna start a silly debate.

if works for go with it.
Message: Posted by: Scott O. (Oct 17, 2012 10:40AM)
The stand looks fun. Used in a stage show, it makes sense. It really isn't necessary though. People just see this as fun. They laugh. That's the only reaction you'll get if this is done right. However, if you have misgivings about using a particular prop or presentation, by all means steer clear of it. To everyone else, if you've considered trying this, now is the time to get it. Ken has a fresh "shipment" it sound like.
Message: Posted by: Dynamike (Oct 17, 2012 10:55AM)
[quote]
On 2012-10-16 22:16, Donald Dunphy wrote:
This solution (enhancement) was created for some:

[url=http://www.smmagic.com/?p=206]--> "Instant / Fantasy Magician Stand", by Smoky Mountain Magic[/url]

- Donald
[/quote]
Hey! They stole my idea: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/search_post.php?topic=193317&forum=17&post=4879168 I should sue them. :) Just kidding. For those who did not get it, please no flaming. Thanks.

I did buy Ken's prop a few years ago. I felt uncomfortable each of the few times I performed it. So I tried using a mylar curtain to help prevent my regrets.: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/search_post.php?topic=202989&forum=17&post=4969614 I also added a small step ladder to see if it would help. Everything took a lot of time to set up just for that one effect. One or two shows later I did put myself in the audience shoes to wonder what someone could be thinking. Next, I put myself in the child's shoes to wonder what he could be thinking. Then I told myself "I am about performing with 100% entertainment in everyone's mind ONLY". That is when I stopped using it.

For those who would not use the effect on a girl, why not stop using it for a boy for the same reason?

Okay, okay, before you guys who bought the effect are wanting to start throwing tomatoes at me for thinking I made you picture you wasted your money, I have a few solutions for you:
Solution #1. Just use adults, (not a women if her husband is there).
Solution #2. Use a high stool with a solid back. You stand up in the back while the child sits in the chair.
Solution #3. Give it to a homeless person in the winter time.
Solution #4. Donate it to a charitable organization for tax donations.
Message: Posted by: keeblem (Oct 17, 2012 11:29AM)
[quote]
On 2012-10-17 03:29, Kevinr wrote:
Don't wanna start a silly debate.
[/quote]

I think you've already started one.

It always amazes me how many people automatically assume their opinion must be right.
Message: Posted by: jkwebber (Oct 17, 2012 03:09PM)
I think that I would explain the effect to the parent before the show, and ask if they are ok with the effect. If yes, do the effect, otherwise skip it.
Message: Posted by: Red Shadow (Oct 17, 2012 04:14PM)
The obvious answer is to put the jacket on yourself and have the child stood up on a chair behind you with their arms through the sleeves... Tons more scope for laughter.
Message: Posted by: keeblem (Oct 17, 2012 04:59PM)
[quote]
On 2012-10-17 17:14, ku7uk3 wrote:
The obvious answer is to put the jacket on yourself and have the child stood up on a chair behind you with their arms through the sleeves... Tons more scope for laughter.
[/quote]

That would mean the child would have to put their arms round a big, sweaty magician and literally climb on their back. Assuming you can persuade a child to do that all they're going to do is wave their arms around. Good luck with that one!

Mark
Message: Posted by: Red Shadow (Oct 17, 2012 05:20PM)
It's about the routine. Firstly, I'm not big or sweaty. If your the type of magician that's how should we say it... Round. Then yes, this approach won't work.

But if you not to big, then having the child control the magician is going to be fun because your giving them the power to steal the show. Your letting a child be funny and make fun of the magician, and most kids love that. I do say 'most' because there will always be some shy kid that you don't want to use. But pick the right child whose up for a laugh and it's a ball.

As for what to do, you still control your voice. So you can say 'my nose itches, I think I'll scratch it' or 'I have a boogie, I should pick it out'. One of the best ones is 'I think I will pick up this inflatable hire - then stop hitting myself'. Those opening lines should give you some food for thought.

Steve

P.s. Have the child pick up a simply puppet...
Message: Posted by: Zuke (Oct 17, 2012 06:33PM)
[quote]
On 2012-10-16 15:17, Kevinr wrote:
In this day and age of kids being molested, abducted and all the other wackos I just don't think someone should be doing "fantasy" magician.

A parent might not tell you this looks strange or awkward to your face but it is. You have thousands and thousands of options with effects and tricks.

Why risk it for one single effect?!?

If you REALLY feel like your life or show will somehow be incomplete without this one single item and the world might come to end somehow without it. Then give the child a hat and cape but don't climb behind a child like that and do some fantasy thing.

Goggle clowns, magicians and molestation and you will find out that this is a reality!
[/quote]

I agree 100% Like it or not this really isn't up to par for an audience today, it's tacky. What makes it worse is when a suggestive song is played underneath, lyrics like "I'm not trying to seduce you" while you're standing behind a kid. If people can't see that this is not appropriate then they are deluded. It might be 'sucking the fun out of it' but like it or not that's the cold hard facts. I used to love performing with the twirly gun and break-away gun, those routines were hilarious, I wish I could still do them but I choose not to because I have a brain in my head and more than a modicum of respect for my audiences.
Message: Posted by: Kevinr (Oct 17, 2012 11:12PM)
[quote]
On 2012-10-17 11:55, Dynamike wrote:
[quote]

[/quote]
For those who would not use the effect on a girl, why not stop using it for a boy for the same reason?
[/quote]

SO TRUE!

You won't play the music and put on the fantasy magician suit for a girl but a boy it's ok??

Again there are thousands of tricks to buy. If anyone of them has even the smallest debate why are your screwing with it?

My wife says she would NOT approve of this trick! I am sure there are others moms like her.

Love this effect disagree with the small percentage you think that think like me but MOVE ON and use another trick and don't take teh risk
Message: Posted by: Dynamike (Oct 18, 2012 08:43AM)
In this post I am not yelling at you, or trying to force anything in your mind. I am just explaining to you how the middle man might look at this. Of course it is your choice, not mine.

When a lot of parents see this performed with a boy or girl, the Sandusky case from Penn State is going to be traveling through their minds. He got away with it for many years. I feel parents are going to be more careful with their children nowadays. When everyone leaves the party, the certain child's parent asking him or her, did the magician ever touch you with the tuxedo trick? The child could say "yes", but meant as a misunderstanding. Next, here comes the lawsuit. The attorney is going to push for more money by suing the manufacture too. Previous threads Ken has mentioned it is ok to use on boys. That is what the attorney is going to bring to court.

I have never heard of any lawsuits dealing with the product, but remember there can always be a first time. It might be from a parent wanting to sue just because they want more money from loosing their job. It might be from a parent who shows their child extra protection than normal. It might be from a parent who is strong with religious beliefs. It can even be from a parent who have been through the same situation when younger. Better safe than sorry.

By not performing the effect, I see no reason it should tear apart your show. There are other effects that can be performed by putting a kid in a tuxedo to make it look as though they are performing magic. One good one that deals with extreme comedy is Whit Hayden's Linking Ring routine: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4818899614798480792 Imagine having the birthday child in a tuxedo when performing that routine. It doesn't matter, boy or girl, no complaints.

Like I mentioned earlier, it is your choice, not mine. I just wanted to give all of you my thoughts on this. Remember, "Magicians Helping Magicians". Thanks for reading my post in a relaxed and understanding manner.
Message: Posted by: John Martin (Oct 18, 2012 11:48AM)
[quote]When a lot of parents see this performed with a boy or girl, the Sandusky case from Penn State is going to be traveling through their minds.[/quote]

That's statement is STUPID. Mike, that's as ridiculous as me saying every time I see you perform, Al Jolson goes through my mind. It's dumb. If you're going to make statements like that provide some evidence. Otherwise you're not "helpng" anyone , just creating controversy. Use it or don't, because it fits or doesn't fit your style....period.

Relaxed and understanding,

John
Message: Posted by: Dynamike (Oct 18, 2012 02:10PM)
John, if you were one of the suspects part of that scandal, I swear I did not know about it. If I would have known about it, I swear I would have posted the same thing anyway.
Message: Posted by: John Martin (Oct 18, 2012 02:14PM)
Thanks Mike. I don't have a clue what that means, but thanks.

John
Message: Posted by: Dynamike (Oct 18, 2012 02:19PM)
No problem, "Magicians Helping Magicians".
Message: Posted by: Ed_Millis (Oct 18, 2012 05:40PM)
Hmm .... the birthday child's dad in the FM tux, performing the Vanishing Bandanna while the child reads the instructions and watches the parent?

Ed
Message: Posted by: Kevinr (Oct 18, 2012 05:46PM)
[quote]
On 2012-10-18 12:48, John Martin wrote:
[quote]When a lot of parents see this performed with a boy or girl, the Sandusky case from Penn State is going to be traveling through their minds.[/quote]

That's statement is STUPID. Mike, that's as ridiculous as me saying every time I see you perform, Al Jolson goes through my mind. It's dumb. If you're going to make statements like that provide some evidence. Otherwise you're not "helpng" anyone , just creating controversy. Use it or don't, because it fits or doesn't fit your style....period.

Relaxed and understanding,

John
[/quote]

Really my wife said she wouldn't want our kids doing this effect and told me never to do it on another child. That's a mom not some kid on the street.
Message: Posted by: Scott O. (Oct 18, 2012 07:13PM)
On 2012-10-18 18:46, Kevinr wrote:
[quote]
Really my wife said she wouldn't want our kids doing this effect and told me never to do it on another child.[/quote]
Ah, now we understand your reasoning :)

By all means, don't use the Fantasy Magician. If someone is uncomfortable with ANY presentaton, its not for them. There are some tricks that I would never do because they simply don't fit my persona. There are some things that I would never say on stage, some stock lines that I would never use because they don't fit me and who I am. But every performer has to make up his own mind about what will work or not work for him.

Ken has a nice product, and if you think it will 'suit' you (pun intended), this is the time to contact him. The right routine for the right situation can be a great laugh getter. Don't be scared off by the negative posts here.
Message: Posted by: Gordyboy (Oct 18, 2012 07:28PM)
Magicians helping Magicians huh? Well Ken, what do you think of all the help you've been receiving in this thread?

Ken has a quality product and he does a good routine with it. I own one and it's a regular part of my act, not in every show but in lots of them. I often have it with me and don't perform it, I always judge the audience and the available volunteers before I decide if it's suitable for that audience and if it will work. In a childrens birthday show I'll most often get the birthday childs father up for it (and I try to speak to him before the show to make sure he's OK with it and has the right personality, without tipping off too much what we're going to do). Tomorrow evening I'll have it with me for an all adult show and will probably perform it. I never do it with a female volunteer, for obvious reasons. If you can't understand that and think it's fodder for attack, then you're not thinking straight.

I've never had a complaint about it and I've often been told it was someone's favorite part of the show. On more than one occasion when I've had a child as the volunteer I've had their mother come up and thank me, telling me the child was so happy about getting to come up and participate.

If you don't feel completely comfortable doing this routine, then you definitely need to stay away from it. People will sense your discomfort, and that's when they might start to wonder about you.

I'm quite happy to have less performers doing it anyway, but some of the negative comments in this thread really aren't fair to Ken.
Message: Posted by: keeblem (Oct 19, 2012 12:15AM)
[quote]
On 2012-10-18 20:28, Gordyboy wrote:
Magicians helping Magicians huh? Well Ken, what do you think of all the help you've been receiving in this thread?

Ken has a quality product and he does a good routine with it. I own one and it's a regular part of my act, not in every show but in lots of them. I often have it with me and don't perform it, I always judge the audience and the available volunteers before I decide if it's suitable for that audience and if it will work. In a childrens birthday show I'll most often get the birthday childs father up for it (and I try to speak to him before the show to make sure he's OK with it and has the right personality, without tipping off too much what we're going to do). Tomorrow evening I'll have it with me for an all adult show and will probably perform it. I never do it with a female volunteer, for obvious reasons. If you can't understand that and think it's fodder for attack, then you're not thinking straight.[/quote]

A sensible well thought out post. Thanks Gordyboy!

Others take note! :)

Mark
Message: Posted by: Kevinr (Oct 19, 2012 12:24AM)
[quote]
On 2012-10-18 20:28, Gordyboy wrote:

I never do it with a female volunteer, for obvious reasons.

I'm quite happy to have less performers doing it anyway, but some of the negative comments in this thread really aren't fair to Ken.
[/quote]

If you "never" do it for a female for "obvious reasons" I am just totally shocked to hear it's ok for males?! This is a crazy statement.

Nothing is directed to Ken he makes fantastic stuff!! Did I mention Ken sells great stuff and is a great guy?

We just had a 10 year girl abducted in Denver it was on national news. Her body was found with very little clues. Another man was convicted for molesting boys and he worked as a clown in Colorado... In fact I think John Wayne Gacy was also a clown.

No, clients are NOT gonna tell you to your face the "obvious reasons" they know this trick is now considered edgy. However, just because they won't tell you the "obvious reasons" doesn't mean you don't know it.

If you find an item you are entertaining with should "never" be used on girls for obvious reasons. (as you stated) it's time to wake up and smell the coffee and realize it should be obvious to not use it on boys for the same "obvious reasons" you never use it on girls.

Thousands of great items to buy even a lot of great items on Kens website. (Did I mention how much of a great guy Ken is) I would say this sadly has ran past it's time and sadly needs to be put away for the same "obvious reasons" you suggest.
Message: Posted by: mr shiney (Oct 19, 2012 05:36AM)
I'm on the fence on this one Except I do see a Difference between boys and girls with this Routine.
I saw someone do this Routine With a girl in a competition once.
the guy was patting the girl to try and find the breast pocket to reach in and pull out an hanky.
and this is a big difference between boys and girls in this Routine.

I can understand you saying there is know Difference with the rest of the Routing, I just wanted to point that one point out.
Message: Posted by: LMLipman (Oct 19, 2012 04:20PM)
[quote]
On 2012-10-18 20:28, Gordyboy wrote:
Magicians helping Magicians huh? Well Ken, what do you think of all the help you've been receiving in this thread?

Ken has a quality product and he does a good routine with it. I own one and it's a regular part of my act, not in every show but in lots of them. I often have it with me and don't perform it, I always judge the audience and the available volunteers before I decide if it's suitable for that audience and if it will work. In a childrens birthday show I'll most often get the birthday childs father up for it (and I try to speak to him before the show to make sure he's OK with it and has the right personality, without tipping off too much what we're going to do). Tomorrow evening I'll have it with me for an all adult show and will probably perform it. I never do it with a female volunteer, for obvious reasons. If you can't understand that and think it's fodder for attack, then you're not thinking straight.

I've never had a complaint about it and I've often been told it was someone's favorite part of the show. On more than one occasion when I've had a child as the volunteer I've had their mother come up and thank me, telling me the child was so happy about getting to come up and participate.

If you don't feel completely comfortable doing this routine, then you definitely need to stay away from it. People will sense your discomfort, and that's when they might start to wonder about you.

I'm quite happy to have less performers doing it anyway, but some of the negative comments in this thread really aren't fair to Ken.
[/quote]

Excellent post. I don't have Fantasy Magician because it's a little steep for my price range, but I've seen Ken perform it in person and on video and it's a great routine. He did it at the most recent Ring 50 MagiWhirl and it was a hoot. Obviously you have to have the right volunteer and have the right attitude about doing it. If it works for you, great. If not, do something else.
Message: Posted by: keeblem (Oct 19, 2012 05:52PM)
[quote]
On 2012-10-19 01:24, Kevinr wrote:
We just had a 10 year girl abducted in Denver it was on national news. Her body was found with very little clues.
[/quote]

This is very sad and it sickens me to read such terrible things. However I think you're starting to get a bit carried away with your argument. We're talking about a magician's prop that is a bit of (IMO) harmless fun. I would like to think that most people are not going to confuse Fantasy Magician with an obviously sick and unbalanced individual.

Mark
Message: Posted by: Donald Dunphy (Oct 19, 2012 06:34PM)
I think it's interesting that while some have the time to be very active posters, two well-respected performers -- Ken Scott & Shawn Farquhar (who both are known for doing a fantasy magician routine in some of their shows), are half-way around their world from their homes, performing and lecturing to magicians at a convention in New Zealand.

I guess material like this works for them -- they earn a living by performing for real world audiences, and also teaching other magicians.

And they are in demand enough to get invited half way around the world.

I'm not saying this is the only routine they do. But it is part of some working magician's repertoires.

- Donald

P.S. Although I don't perform this in my shows, I have happy memories of seeing wacky skits at camp, as a teen, performed with one person being another person's arms.
Message: Posted by: kenscott (Oct 21, 2012 07:36AM)
Donald you always post well!! Yes Shawn and I are in New Zealand on the other side of the world doing the routine and it killed I sold 5 of them. I don't remember dynamike buying one from me? I am not even going to get Iin the debate with others. If you have a doubt I don't want you doing it or buying it.

Ken scott.
Message: Posted by: Scott O. (Oct 21, 2012 09:26AM)
Just performed this yesterday for a 10 year old birthday. The kids loved it. The birthday Mom and Dad both thanked me again and again for coming and thought the show was wonderful. I don' perform the Fantasy Magician for every show, but when I do, it is a guaranteed hit.

Just sayin'.

Scott ;).
Message: Posted by: Dynamike (Oct 21, 2012 09:56AM)
[quote]
On 2012-10-21 08:36, kenscott wrote:
I don't remember dynamike buying one from me?
[/quote]
Just a reminder:

I ordered it in Febuary 2007.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/search_post.php?topic=199789&forum=17&post=4937483

I received it in March 2007.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/search_post.php?topic=202989&forum=17&post=4969502
Message: Posted by: kenscott (Oct 21, 2012 06:14PM)
There ya go dynamike so you should by now be loving the fantasy magician.
Message: Posted by: TheGreatNancini (Oct 21, 2012 10:27PM)
We have used Ken's Fantasy Magician for several years at various events and never once been questioned about it. It is a crowd favorite EVERY TIME we do it!

I agree about being careful in todays world, but I do declare that magicians, especially on forums like this do tend to way over think things from time to time.

After performing thousands of shows, I have come to the conclusion that you will in time offend someone in some way or another with nearly every act you do. It is inevitable!

The bottom line is that you have to do what you are comfortable with and what your audiences want to see. If the majority of your audience loves what you do, then you cannot let one or two dissenters ruin it for everyone else.

If you do not want to do an act for a particular reason, then you should not do it. But please don't try to deter others from it, just because it doesn't work for you.

That is what is so cool about the Tricks and Effects for sale section. We can sell what doesn't work for us and buy from others what didn't work for them. We are all unique and it does not make any of us more right or wrong than the other.

~Nanci
Message: Posted by: Rodney Palmer (Oct 22, 2012 12:44AM)
Ken has a very Creative Mind and all of his Products are well made.

I gave a Solution to the Fantasy Magician. Do not Perform this if you a scared to do it. I am a Solutions Provider.

The Solution: Ken has a Product called Blendo Magician that is very close to the Fantasy Magician in that you can choose an Adult Male/Female or Child Boy/Girl and it really plays well. I have gotten very good reactions from the effect.

I would love to perform the Fantasy Magician and would do so in many shows but I have serious Rotator Cuff Problems and simply cannot perform that effect to its full potential.

The Fantasy Magician goes over very well and I have seen Ken, Shawn Farquar, and many others pefrom this effect and it brought the house down.

Can we just go on to another topic, this one has gone on way to long and it is just plain CRAP. Yes, you can have an opinion but do not beat the person who made it to death.

Rodney
Message: Posted by: Vincero (Oct 22, 2012 02:14AM)
I would just like to say... I'm not a kid's magician, but I watched Ken perform the other day in Christchurch New Zealand and he was sensational. I don't think I've ever seen kids that happy through bewonderment in a loooooong time. As Mark Mason told me, Ken Scott is a "top drawer" entertainer. In the routine he showcased for us, "Fantasy Magician" played so well, for children and adults alike. I'm really pleased to hear he sold a few whilst over here.

Great meeting you Mr Scott, excellent work. :)

Zac
Message: Posted by: kenscott (Oct 22, 2012 05:34AM)
Zac
Had a great time in Christchurch

Thanks
Ken
Message: Posted by: Dynamike (Oct 22, 2012 09:58AM)
[quote]
On 2012-10-19 06:36, mr shiney wrote:
I saw someone do this Routine With a girl in a competition once.
the guy was patting the girl to try and find the breast pocket to reach in and pull out an hanky.
[/quote]
Well obviously the guy should stop using it before he shows up on the list: http://www.linkingpage.com/magicnewsfeed/2010/8/31/magician-offenders-update.html
Message: Posted by: KC Cameron (Nov 5, 2012 06:47PM)
It is stupid, but some mom's WILL have an issue with it They may not say anything TO YOU, but they will talk. I bought this second hand 5-6 years ago and haven't really used it because I could not get it to work as well as my other routines. This is me, not the product. I know people rock this product.

I really HATE agreeing with Kevinr (not because of him, but the topic), but I agree. Most of our markets are local, we have not built national reputations, and frankly, we may not look as good as Ken. A good looking mug eliminates many problems faced by short, fat, bald guys like me (I'm still incredibly handsome). We don't need a mom suggesting to whomever will listen that we are perverts too.

Why not have the Dad and son/daughter use the tux together with something simple? This gets parent interaction AND would make a great photo op too. I am not sure if this was what Ed suggested, but I think it could be a stronger routine, and solves the potential problem.
Message: Posted by: aheller5 (Mar 3, 2020 02:25PM)
I think this is a great product....I was wondering if anyone ever did the fantasy magician with NO music? I don't have a system but would love to perform this..Any ideas or suggestions would love ken scott to give his thoughts

TY
Message: Posted by: Russo (Mar 4, 2020 07:22AM)
Any effect where you touch a child could be a problem - think seriously first.
Message: Posted by: aheller5 (Mar 4, 2020 09:29AM)
This should be done with a male adult over 18 only if worried!!!!!
Message: Posted by: aheller5 (Mar 4, 2020 09:29AM)
I think this is a great product....I was wondering if anyone ever did the fantasy magician with NO music? I don't have a system but would love to perform this..Any ideas or suggestions would love ken scott to give his thoughts

TY
Message: Posted by: aheller5 (Mar 14, 2020 06:43PM)
Any advice

Thanks
Message: Posted by: aheller5 (Mar 26, 2020 10:07AM)
Help?? TY
Message: Posted by: mcharisse (Apr 4, 2020 07:08AM)
I’ve seen it done well without music, but many have already expressed discomfort with the effect — I can’t imagine anyone would do it in the foreseeable future in the post-covid world.
Message: Posted by: aheller5 (Apr 27, 2020 12:36PM)
I'm going to start practicing its a fun routine...looking to buy a silk to can any recomendations and what size silk? Also would love to get a hat that a child wears ken can you please give suggestions thanks and be safe adam
Message: Posted by: Donald Dunphy (Apr 27, 2020 01:58PM)
Hi Adam -

You might have a better chance of connecting with Ken on Facebook. He hasn't posted on The Magic Café in a while now.

- Donald
Message: Posted by: aheller5 (Apr 27, 2020 02:24PM)
TY