(Close Window)
Topic: Help brainstorming "Forever"
I have been playing around with Emily(my Forever doll), and I have come up with an idea to incorporate her with "Free Will" and would like to ask for some input from the brotherhood, or any of the owners of Forever.

The back story is basically that the doll was said to sap ones free will and slowly replace it with its own. The last owner of the doll tried to destroy the doll but only managed to rip the arm off before the dolls influence stopped him form doing anything further. This was still enough to weaken the dolls power over him. Finding himself lacking the will to remove the doll from his house, he imprisoned the doll in a metal strapped wooden cage then hid the arm and the doll in separate locations in his home, hoping they would never be found. He then wrote a warning/suicide note, and killed himself.

So the routine would be:
-Introduce doll
-tell above story
-Introduce letter and pouch containing doll arm and 2 other artifacts
-proceed with "Free Will" routine, explaining that the doll still may have some power to influence those around her.
-Activate Forever while specs are distracted by "Free Will' Performance
-The final sentence of the reveal(sorry but I cannot go into detail about the other two sentences without exposing the effect)on the back of the letter will read "and Emily STILL WANTS HER ARM!! at which point the doll is seen to be peering out of the window of the box.

So, any thoughts would be appreciated, especially any ideas about what other two items would make good and logical choices to include with the arm.
Thanks to all in advance.
Gave me goose bumps just reading it...
He imprisioned the doll, and locked the box in a cabinet, or so he said on paper, as the cabinet was open when doll was found. And there is a stange thing, every time someone locks that cabinet now, it's found open the next morning. As if this key turned on it's own.

Second item cabinets key, and you can use it to perform haunted key. As the haunted key has to be large, maybe it's better to explain the box was hiden in a barn or shed.
Thank You OnTiltSoon. A key was one of my first ideas. Your input is much appreciated!!
Message: Posted by: Michael_MacDonald (Oct 18, 2012 12:10PM)
A key is nice. for he second item I would put in a large hat pin...used for voodoo, dagger for the doll, it can be used to scratch words into the wood.
Message: Posted by: Michael_MacDonald (Oct 18, 2012 12:12PM)
It can also be used in needle through the arm. she takes away your will and you thrust it in??
Thanks Micheal for the ideas. Maybe a journal chronicling the owners decent into madness as he realizes that his actions are not really his own. I should revisit Lilian's diary. Hmmm....
With a key - she might want that to get out...

might I suggest a doll sized hair brush (which the arm she would want more than that) and a small wrapped object which might be a Higley Eye

(location) is my brush which I need not yet
To your everlasting regret

(location) is where my trophy of my former owner's delicious harm...

.... and you must GIVE ME BACK MY ARM!!!!!

Just thinking.
If you use a nice old key, but snap/break the teeth off it (to stop the doll escaping)...
arm and eye..

if you pk a small hand mirror, the eye could follow its own gaze...(as an additional presentation before or after?)

the eye would be plucked out, or gouged out by the arm or even the key if people peeked inside the box?
Great ideas everyone. Thanks for the wonderful input. My story is based on the doll slowly influencing the owner. Maybe the doll was originally for the owners daughter, but the doll develops a crush on the father, then influences him to kill his wife and daughter? Maybe one of the Items could be a old photo of the family with the images of the mother and daughter scratched out.
In another post Eddie Garland directed me to Carlyle's spirit music box Movement. That would be creepy. I also like the idea of the hair brush. I envision the father brushing the dolls hair, the music box playing, and in the background lies two bloody corpses.
Just as a general idea, if the doll is jealous of the daughter/father relationship - maybe a drawing the child did of the family could rip and tear...or suddenly burn up?

or a confession/note written by the father?
Can't write any longer...currently sh**ting pants.
Seriously though, if I was in the audience, and witnessed what necroloid described...I would do just that. Seeing the doll peering out the window, after only a subtle...not overt...introduction. I would be looking for my mommy to hold me. That be some powerful mojo.
Thanks Wiz. it looks like I am on the right track :devilish: The basic effect seemed like more of a haunt prop. By creating a story and using the "free Will" effect to make a connection with the specs, and as an even more logical distraction, I hope to have a few people sh**ting their pants this Halloween.
Would love to there,to see your performance! :)
Holy cow there is some awesome ideas in this thread... The power I. These story ideas will for sure give ne nightmares tonight...
Just curious...has anyone here ever seen the episode on the Old Twilight Zone called "Talking Tina"? All aboout a doll. She is a talking doll and from what I remember her first words were "I love you" but she gets progressively worse and I believe her past words are "I am going to kill you". A great episode and reminds me of this.
Here is something that might give someone a coronary! I end the the routine with the Dolls arm in a jewelry box(Lillian's jewelry box, He he!)I read the final prediction "And Emily STILL WANTS HER ARM!!" The specs are directed to the window with Emily peering out, then suddenly the arm starts jumping around trying to escape the jewelry box!! Too late for this Halloween but next year for sure!!
Nice Necroloid, nice :) Make sure you have a defibrilator near :P